Creed of the Leviathan I

By Riyenntw

After eight years of no contact with her adoptive siblings, Emmanuelle gets summoned for the reading of their... More

01 | M
02 | E
03 | E
04 | M
05 | E
06 | M
07 | E
08 | M
09 | E
10 | M
11 | E
12 | M
13 | E
14 | M
15 | E
16 | E
17 | E
18 | E
19 | M
20 | E
21 | M
22 | E
23 | E
24 | M + E
25 | E + M
26 | E
27 | M
28 | E + M
29 | E
30 | M + E
31 | M + E
33 | E
34 | M + E
35 | E + M
36 | M + E
37 | M
38 | E
39 | E
40 | M + E
41 | M + E
42 | E
43 | E + M
44 | E
45 | M + E
46 | E
47 | M
48 | E
49 | M + E
50 | E + M
51 | E + M
52 | M + E
53 | E
54 | M
55 | E
56 | E + M
57 | E
58 | M
59 | E
60 | M + E
61 | E + M
Author's Note

32 | E

2.9K 89 10
By Riyenntw

Emmanuelle

"Okay, you got this. Keep going. Deep breaths. Deep breaths." Dr. Leighton kept repeating as he pushed Dimitri's right leg up.

The closer his thigh got to his chest, the louder Dimitri's grunts became.

"Deep breaths Mr. Mulaney."

"I'm fucking trying." Dimitri's face was red and shiny because of his sweat.

This was the third session that week. Dr. Leighton was full of motivation, but none of his words seemed to reach Dimitri. So far they had about nine sessions, each one lasting about an hour.

"Hold. Ho—"

"I CAN'T." His leg started to shake.

"Okay. Okay, easy. Easy," Dr. Leighton assisted him in putting down his leg. "How do we feel?" He asked as his hands rested on his hips.

Dimitri took in a deep breath. "Doesn't feel like it's working."

"It takes time Mattia. You have to be patient—"

"We've had nine session, how much more time do I need?" Dimitri spat at him.

"Yes. Nine sessions and you can sit up now. That is progress. You can move your leg, that is also progress," the doctor carefully explained. "The road to recovery isn't easy, so be grateful for every progress you've made so far. Alright?"

Dimitri was not easy to work with. Every session his frustration grew stronger, sometimes it would get so out of hand that nothing the doctor said could calm him down. His behavior demanded a lot of patience from both the doctor and me, because it was me who needed to listen to his complaints after the doctor left.

"On Monday you'll have your tenth session. I need you to keep going and push even harder. We need to work more on your legs so we'll continue the exercises at the rehabilitation facility."

"Is it private?"

"No," Dr. Leighton gulped.  "The facility is part of our hospital and therefore open to all other patients that are dealing with various neurological, orthopedic or other issues just like you are."

Dimitri took his underlip between his teeth. "I want privacy." He muttered.

"That can be arranged, I will work on something. Monday eight-thirty. " The doctor noted down in his agenda before he packed his stuff.

"I'll walk Dr. Leighton out." I said after quietly sitting in the window seat during the whole time that they were busy. Dr. Leighton stepped out of the room first, I walked behind him.

When I pulled the bedroom door  shut, he let out a deep sigh. Though he was always so prepared and knew what to say when handling Dimitri's tantrums, you could clearly see that it was not easy for him.

"I apologize for—"

"Oh, no," He smiled warmly. "You don't have to apologize. After a few years of working in this field you automatically learn what to take to the heart and what not."

"Will he be able to regain full control over his legs again?"

"I can't guarantee that he will once again become the person he used to be. But like I've said, the road to recovery isn't easy. It requires a lot of patience, not only from Mr. Mulaney and myself, but from everyone around him as well. His progress depends on him. On his attitude, his will— his body. All we can do is be patient and supportive."

"I understand. And about Monday, will you be able to arrange private sessions?"

"Everyone that comes to the facility is focused on their progress. I am aware of Mr. Mulaney's status and how he is as a person which is why I said that I'm going to work on arranging something for him. But the only thing I can do is to create a program that will keep both his mind and body so busy that he only focuses on himself and temporarily forgets about those around him."

"I don't know if that will work."  I said, knowing how Dimitri could be at times.

"I'm positive that it will, but if it doesn't than he'll have to learn how to deal with this. The very reason why I try to be motivational instead of getting mad when he starts to get angry or says things is because I know why he's showing that behavior. He isn't just mad about the fact that his body isn't the same anymore, he's also ashamed. Many of my patients feel this way, but in his case it's even worse. You knew him before he had the accident," The doctor pressed his lips together. "He was really proud and walked around as if he was untouchable. To go from being that person to—"

"I know," I nodded.  "He was quite arrogant." I whispered as though Dimitri could hear us.

"Yes." The doctor nodded with his eyebrows pulled up and I could not help but smile at his facial expression.

"I think that it would be best to help him become less ashamed by exposing him to the outside. He has been locked up in this room for quite some time, he needs it."

"I'll try my best to convince him to do that, but knowing him he wouldn't want to do that in a wheelchair."

"But even if he is stable enough to stand on his feet, he'll still have to use a cane or another kind of walking aid before he'll be able to walk normally again. And that is if all goes as planned."

"Right." I drew in a long breath. "Thank you doctor, it's quite a lot to deal with but we'll try our best."

"You're doing a good job, Emmanuelle. Don't be too hard on yourself, sometimes you need to be a little harder on him."

After the doctor left I went into the kitchen and made myself a peanutbutter sandwich. Around the time that I had finished eating, Emilio and Anthony came into the kitchen with groceries. Tia and Marissa walked in behind them.

I filled myself a glass of orange juice whilst Tia, Marissa and Emilio unpacked the bags and began storing all that was bought.

"What are we having tonight?" I asked.

"Chicken stew with potatoes and carrots." Marissa answered proudly, knowing that it is one of my favorite dishes.

"How is he?" Anthony inquired as he was putting the chicken in the fridge.

"Better," I took a sip from my glass. "Dr. Leighton wants to continue the sessions at the facility. There they have the right kind of equipment for the exercises."

"When does he need to go?" Marissa asked.

"On Monday, so we'll need a wheelchair."

"Okay, we'll get one." She looked at Emilio though she was talking to me.

"We'll take care of it, we also have a few other errands to run anyway. Christoph will be at the house in case any of you need to go somewhere."Anthony added.

"Cool." I smiled before I left them behind after doing a quick refill of my glass. I quietly opened the bedroom door. I liked watching him be busy without him noticing me doing so.

"Are you spying on me?" He asked, though he did not once look up from the book that he was reading.

"You didn't even look up." I smiled.

"I know your scent." He said with a straight face as he put the book to the side.

"That— is really creepy. Don't say that."

Dimitri smiled as he leaned his head back against the headboard. "I heard the door, it makes a little screetch sound." He mimicked the sound.

"What sound does it make?"

"I'm not doing it again."

"No, please." For some reason I found this very funny.

"Nah," His eyes shifted to the glass of juice. "Can I have some?"

"Sure, I'll be right back."

"You don't want to share?" He spoke so softly that it felt as if I was not suppose to hear the question.

"What?"

"You don't want to share?" He repeated the question.

"Okay." I handed him the glass and watched him drink from it.

"If you can kiss me you can also share a glass with me right."

"Dimitri–"

"I didn't say anything else. Just pointing out a fact." He handed the glass back to me. "But, it doesn't have to be this way."

I had done everything I could to avoid having this conversation during the time that had passed since we last spoke about it. But Dimitri was not giving up.

"We spoke about this, Dimitri. We need to focus on your recovery."

"How can I focus on my recovery when this is all that I can focus on."

"We can't do this." My voice lowered in sound.

"Why? Is it because of how I treated you before, I–"

"No," I sighed as I sat down next to him. "There's already so much going on." My right hand reached for his hair without my command. I stroked it back as my other hand rested on his chest.

He softly gripped into my thigh afterwhich he drew circular motions with his thumb.

"You're my comfort, you know that?" His eyes were watery, but he fought to hold back the tears.

"Hey." I took his right cheek in my hand. "We're going to get through this, okay?"

"What if I can't walk again?" He let out a sob as his eyes found the ceiling.

I did not know what to say, all I could do was hug him so that is what I did. He rested his head on my shoulder and his tears wet my shirt.

My emotions were triggered by his and soon my waterworks started as well.

He locked his arms around my frame, preventing me from backing away and I did not fight it. I stayed and held him until he had enough.

"W—"

Dimitri gently placed his lips against mine, but quickly tried to pull away until I found myself longing for more.
I went against my own words and kissed him.

Our eyes fell closed and in this moment I was not worried about anything or anyone. My lips, my tongue, they moved on his command and I did not mind. I loved it.

He broke the kiss by resting his head  against the headboard again and continued drawing circles on my thigh.

"What were you going to say?" He whispered.

I shook my head. "I don't remember." I whispered back.

He gulped. "I'm scared, baby." He whispered after a short period of silence.

I had seen him frustrated and angry, but sad and scared? That was completely new.

I took his face into my hands, wiping away his tears with my thumbs. "It's going to be alright."

He pulled my face towards his again when I said this and gave me another kiss.

"I hate orange juice."

"You do? I thought you liked it." I said, confused because I always gave him orange juice to drink.

He darted his tongue against his lips. "I like you."

I shook my head, trying to keep myself from blushing. I crawled in bed with him and pulled the blanket over myself as I placed my head on his chest.

He wrapped his left arm around my waist whilst the other arm played with my head.

"Hey!" I wiggled my hips when his hands slid down and gripped my ass.

"Comfort." He whispered as he started to softy rub me.

I found myself changing my laying position to make it easier for him to play with it when the door suddenly went flying open. We were both caught off guard and though I had tried my best to sit up, I failed to do so on time.

"Mattia?" The person standing in front of us first looked at him in shock, then their eyes found me.

I looked up at Dimitri who was completely speechless.

Shit...

                          =//=//=//=

Q: Who do you think caught them off guard? 😨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.1K 800 133
(formally titled SEX WITH MY MAFIA STEP BROTHER. Don't worry, you are on the right track) It was supposed to be a normal siblings bond. Doing th...
908K 31K 77
Completed | Lanie Jenkins knew the three rules of life. Your best friends always come first. Wine goes with any meal. And, most importantly, you NEVE...
4.7M 64.7K 28
[18+ Only, Mature Conent] * * "We shouldn't be doing this...." I moan against his lips as my hands tug at the zipper of his pants. "I know." His dee...
180K 4K 57
[ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄 ] BOOK ONE IN THE FORBIDDEN FICTION SERIES. A STANDALONE. In an attempt to discover one's self, Wanelle is faced with a fragile, d...