The Hero of Remnant Volume 1:...

By LukeHerdman04

Long ago there was a young boy garbed in green who protected the land 'till his last dying breath. Now, thous... More

Authors Foreword.
Bio (Act 1)
A Legend Is Born
Things Can't Get Worse... Right?
Mistaken Identity
History Repeats Itself
Memories With A Sword Spirit
The Lost Kingdom Of Hyrule
Ancient Temple Spelunking
The Hero Returns To Beacon
The Fall Of Beacon Academy
Bio (Act 2)
The Aftermath Of Beacons Fall
The Search For The Sword
Fateful Reunion
End Of An Era

A Hero Reborn

662 9 11
By LukeHerdman04

(Y/N)'s POV

I was laying in my bed having a dream involving an attractive woman, an older man, and four younger girls all surrounding me crying. It was a weird dream to be honest. When I woke up I noticed that I was going to be late for work. For reference I work at a weapon repair shop near Beacon. We get plenty of business thanks to having to repair the weapons of huntsman and huntresses of Beacon Academy. The shop is run by an old man. Not the frail kind that you'd imagine, but the kind of older gentleman that could crush your skull with his biceps. We work in a forge most days, it's to be expected. Despite his freaky stature, he's a sweetheart who adopted me when my parents left me on his doorstep. Ever since he adopted me he's been training me with different weapons and how to fix them. He even guided me when I was building my sword and shield. He knows that my dream is to be a huntsman while also working at his shop. Problem is I'm not registered at any schools that would give me the papers to go to Beacon. I'm mostly home schooled because I had to learn everything from him. But that's enough about me, time to get to work. Walking down the stairs to the store area, I noticed the old man setting up for business today.

"Slow down Pops, I got it." I said rushing over to take the box of scraps from him.

"Just because I'm old doesn't mean I'm useless." He replied sarcastically.

"You're right, you just belong in an old folks home." I cheekily said before ducking to avoid being smacked on the back of the head.

"Stop being mouthy and help me finish setting up." Pops told me.

After half an hour of setting up, we finally were ready to open. After a pretty busy day, me and Pops were approaching closing time. Right before we were going to close, a young girl my age with fair skin and a red cloak, similar to my black one in my room, walked into the store. She quickly made her way over to me. She pulled out what looked like a folded up piece of metal.

"Hello!" She said in a cheerful tone of voice. "I need you to fix Crescent Rose please."

"Of course!" I said with a grin as I picked up the weapon. "Interesting. Scythe gun combo. Rare to see one of these nowadays. You build it yourself?"

"Yup! Built it at Signal Academy!" The girl said with a hint of pride. "I'm a bit of a weapon geek, so I went all out designing it."

"It's pretty well built. I don't use a weapon like most people's these days." I said. "Mines a normal sword and normal shield. No morphing into a gun or shooting fire."

"Wait, it's just a sword with no extra features?" She asked with a look of shock on her face.

"Yeah! I like to rely on my abilities with a sword rather than some fancy tech." I told her.

After I passed her weapon to Pops for him to repair it, me and her spent about 45 minutes talking about weapons and different types. At one point I had to run up to my room to grab my sword and shield. She asked what they were named and I froze. I'd never thought about what they should be named. After a few seconds a small voice in my head gave me a name for my sword and shield.

"The swords name is Kokiri and the shields name is Goron." I said, not sure where exactly the names came from.

"Those are interesting names. Do they mean anything?" She asked curiously.

"No. They just sound really cool." I told her, before having a afterthought. "Does Crescent Rose mean anything?"

"Well Crescent because the blade is shaped like a crescent, duh." She told me. "And my last name is Rose so that's where the Rose part comes from."

"Didn't know your last name was Rose." I said before Pops passed me her fixed weapon. "Here's your weapon Ms. Rose."

As I passed her her weapon I gave a slight bow. This resulted in Pops smacking me in the back of the head for being ridiculous. Ms. Rose gave a slight giggle at this.

"My names actually Ruby, Ruby Rose." She informed me, extending her hand for a handshake.

"My names (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N)." I said while shaking her hand.

"Maybe I'll see you around." Ruby said as she walked out the door.

I let out a small chuckle as she walked away. Turning around to look at Pops I saw he was giving me a look. Acting quickly I put both my hands up.

"Whatever it is, I didn't do it this time." I told him, assuming he thought I did something bad again.

"The only thing I was going to accuse you of was flirting with that young lady." He said, donning a smirk when I felt my face heat up with a blush.

"W-what are you talking about Pops?" I asked. "I think you might finally need those glasses. Maybe a hearing aid while your at it."

All he did was smirk and send me to pick up some fire Dust for the forge. I was about to walk out the door before he called my name.

"(Y/N)! It's dangerous to go alone at night, take these." He reminded me before tossing me my shield and sword. "Wouldn't want to forget Kokiri and Goron, would we?"

"I panicked Pops!" I whined. "I couldn't think of any better names. They just popped into my head."

"I see." Was the only reply I got before he ushered me out of the store.

After walking for a while, I eventually stumbled into a Dust shop that was open this late at night. The store was called 'From Dust 'Till Dawn.' Really left me wondering what they sold. I walked into the store and was about to go talk to the shopkeeper before I noticed something red in my peripheral vision. Looking in that direction, I noticed the red object was the red cloak belonging to one Ruby Rose. Moving silently towards her, I tapped her on the shoulder suddenly causing her to emit a small eep before spinning around to see me laughing at her. She hit my shoulder while I just kept laughing.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded.

"Pops sent me to pick up some fire Dust for the forge. Found this place and saw you." I explained between laughing fits. "Figured I'd surprise you. Never imagined that much though."

"It's not that funny." She exclaimed, hitting my shoulder once more.

I was about to continue talking to her, but the bell on the door going off alerted me to another person walking into the store. Two men walked in first followed by some henchmen and four things that looked like gargoyles come to life. Me and Ruby look towards each other and start whispering to each other.

"Who are those guys?" I whispered, not recognising any of them.

"You don't know who the guy in white is?" She asked, receiving a head shake from me. "I don't know who the really pale guy is, but the other one is Roman Torchwick, he's notorious for stealing Dust from all over Vale. What are the odds of him being here today?"

"Probably not too high." I responded, drawing Kokiri and Goron from my back.

Me and Ruby were about to continue our conversation but Roman ordered two of his men to spread out and look for anybody else in the store. Me and Ruby looked at each other and nodded, silently agreeing to fight off the henchmen. When they arrived to where you were, Ruby kicked one guy away while I hit one with the flat of my blade before shield bashing him to the floor. Roman and the other man looked towards us. Now that I got a better look at the other man, I could see that he had ashy grey skin along with hair of the purest white colour I'd ever seen. His eyes widened when he saw me, almost as if he knew me and was surprised I was there. Ruby made her way to attack the henchmen while I charged at the living gargoyles. They made a screeching noise before charging towards me. One swung a wooden club at me, which I blocked with my shield. The next tried to swing at my legs, which I blocked with my sword before swinging my sword at the creature. The sword was about to make contact with the creatures chest when a black rapier struck my sword and engaged in a sword lock. Looking to my right, I noticed the grey man was the one defending his soldier.

"I'm afraid I can't have you killing my associates." The man told me.

"What kind of creatures are they?" I asked as I retracted my sword. "They aren't human, they're not faunus, they don't look like Grimm. So what are they?"

"They're a race lost to time, much like yourself." He said, much to my confusion. "They are called Bokoblins. A mindless race that attacks most things they come across. But if you can control them, they will be completely under your control."

"What do you mean a race lost to time?" I questioned, infuriated. "And how is it similar to me?"

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I've done everything I was sent to do." The man told me. "I'd suggest you go help the girl cloaked in red."

My eyes widened when I realised that Ruby had been left to fight Roman and his henchmen all by herself. I was about to run to help her but I had one more question for him.

"Who are you?" I demanded.

"I'll grant you the privilege of knowing my name." He told me in a very stuck up manner. "My name is Ghirahim. Remember that name because today is the first step for you into a larger world than you know."

I was about to leave the building to help Ruby, when I noticed that Ghirahim and his Bokoblins had vanished into a small pillar of multi coloured diamonds. Not thinking too hard about what had happened, I rushed out of the building and saw a flash of red moving over a buildings roof. I rolled my eyes and got a running start and jumped up and climbed up the brick building and made it to the roof. When I finished climbing the building I noticed Roman was about to shoot Ruby with a dust round. Making a split second decision, I activated my semblance. As time seemed to slow down around me, I ran towards Ruby and stood in front of her with my shield drawn in a defensive manner. As time resumed at a normal pace again, the dust impacted my shield and exploded. I could hear Roman gloating for all of three seconds before the smoke cleared to reveal my shield had taken all of the damage and looked unscathed. He was about to fire again when me and Ruby were surrounded by a glowing purple barrier. I looked around and noticed a huntress standing nearby, presumably using her semblance on us. Roman glanced over to her and started panicking.

"We got a huntress!" He yelled, leaving me confused for a second before a bullhead pulled up near the building we were on.

He ran towards the bullhead and jumped inside. Thinking quickly I realised what I needed to do.

"So you get worried when a huntress shows up and protects two kids, but are cool as a cucumber when two children are whooping your butts?" I questioned teasingly.

As soon as I said that, I regretted it immensely. You may be asking why I regretted it, well I'll tell you why. A rather attractive woman walked towards the door of the bullhead and shot fireballs at me. Is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling that my luck with women is not going to be great for a while. The woman who shot fire at me kept firing fireballs at me, they came so quickly I had to roll out of the way. The woman shot one final fireball towards me and out of some unknown instinct, I used my shield to redirect it towards her. Her eyes widened before the bullhead moved out of the way. I was ready to defend myself from another attack, when I noticed that the bullhead was flying away. I turned around to see Ruby fangirling over the huntress and asking for an autograph. I just laughed and shook my head at her childishness. The huntress informed us that she had to take us for questioning. Me and Ruby went along with it because we honestly had no idea what was going on. About 20 minutes later we are sitting in an interrogation room.

"What you did today was incredibly irresponsible." The huntress told us.

"They started it!" Ruby attempted to explain.

"Ruby's right, they attempted to rob that store." I defended us. "We just saved the shop keep and protected his store."

"Well Ms. Rose here did throw some people out the window." The huntress informed me.

I gave a look of confusion before looking towards Ruby. She just sheepishly grinned and rubbed the back of her head.I simply rolled my eyes, but did give her a thumbs up under the table.

"If it were up to me, I'd send you home with a pat on the back." She told us, resulting in Ruby grinning widely and me having a small smile before spooking us when she smacked the table. "And a slap on the wrist.(Ruby will adamantly deny it but she definitely let out an eep. I swear to Oum. Give me a second to run before Ruby hits me). However there is someone who wishes to speak to you."

"Who would that be?" I naively asked before hearing the door open.

Turning around in my seat, I saw one man I never thought I'd ever see standing at the door. Standing there was a man in a suit with a green scarf, holding a cane and a coffee mug. The man was professor Ozpin.

"I believe it would be me, Mr. (L/N)." Ozpin told me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 5 13
Our heroes have finally made it to Atlas, but are they truly as safe as they'd hoped? This shining city in the clouds may be a beacon of hope for Rem...
8.7K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
344 1 9
Remnant's history is a very foggy and forgotten one, with barely any sources left to confirm anything about its past and humanity's past. Are the fai...