𝐓𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫, 𝐖𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐠...

By itz_beauty

❝ i am your offense ❞ ❝ i am your defense ❞ ❝ together, we fight ❞ ━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━ Y/n, the younger siste... More

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷 - 𝙸 𝚊𝚖 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙲𝚢𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙾𝚋𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚂𝚌𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚝
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚗 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚓𝚊
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚕𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚂𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚡𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝙿𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚢 𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚂𝚎𝚊 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶 - 𝚄𝚗𝚢𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷- 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸 - 𝚄𝚗𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚕
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚝 𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚘𝚌𝚛𝚎 𝙶𝚊𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼 - 𝙶𝟺 𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚝
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽 - 𝙱𝚕𝚒𝚣𝚣𝚊𝚛𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾 - 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚖𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚊
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝙹𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶 - 𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙰𝚛𝚝𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷 - 𝙷𝚒𝚜 𝙲𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝙿𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐!
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸 - 𝙶𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹 - 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺 - 𝙴𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝙲𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚙𝚎𝚍𝚎
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻 - 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼 - 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚢
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾 - 𝚆𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎?
𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎
|| 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞! ||

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽 - 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛

448 19 18
By itz_beauty

𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅

Finally, Y/n woke up after her peaceful slumber. She had been asleep for a week now but that week wasn't wasted.

Her body had been healing during that time, repairing the muscles that were ripped apart or stretched too much.

When the doctors confirmed that she was safe to go, she was preparing to pack her things until a letter caught her eye.

It was in a white envelope that looked like someone struggled to put on the sticker to seal it.

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

I picked it up and sat down on my hospital bed, slowly opening the envelope to see a piece of paper with the messiest handwriting.

Hi loser,

Are you awake yet? Well, you wouldn't be reading this letter if you weren't awake.

It looks like Genos and you had fun in battle that you broke 3 ribs. Genos's equipment ended up being useless.

Idrk why I'm making a letter but Genos said that there's a myth that it'll make you feel better and maybe heal even faster.

Send me a text when you're awake, I'll make you your favorite once you come back home.

Your dearest brother,
Saitama :D

"Calling me loser right of the bat, huh?" I chuckled, putting the letter back in the envelope and sealing it back to its original state.

I decided to worry him a bit more to make him even balder than he already is because that's just who I am, I guess.

Plus...there were even more letters to be read. I might as well just send a text and forward it to everyone.

I grabbed one of the envelopes. It looked quite formal as if the person really put some thought into it.

Dear Y/n,

I hope you are doing well. You have been hospitalized for quite a while now. Please write back to us soon, we are very worried about your well-being.

Sincerely,
Fubuki

"My...even Fubuki-san sent me a letter." I was quite surprised but glad that I had quite a lot of people who cared about her.

There were even more letters for me to read that came from Tatsumaki, King, Mumen Rider, and many more Class S and A heroes.

"Ah...even King?" I chuckled. Well, I'm glad Onii-chan's friend cares. I'm not really sure why everyone got worried.

After all, a few ribs just got crushed. It's not like I'm dying. Could that be foreshadowing? I dunno.

There was even Amai Mask's letter but it looked like someone had attempted to burn them. That's most likely Genos's doing.

"Speaking of Genos, he didn't write back to me?" I pouted. Suddenly, a nurse came in with a box that was labeled "Letters for Y/n".

"This came from Demon Cyborg. There were too many of his so we placed them in a box." the nurse explained.

I sighed, thinking that was such a Genos thing to do. The nurse gently placed the box down.

I read through all of them. Most of them were just checking up on me and filling me in on what had happened.

Some were about what he did. Like, what he ate for breakfast, his adventures with Onii-chan, what he cooked for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, his progress on becoming stronger, and just random things like going to the grocery store.

He apparently went out to eat at the restaurant we both went to. He said that he missed the food there and would like to go there with me again.

He also told me that he had to fight a monster with Saitama, although it was obviously a one-sided fight.

He said that he had my favorite breakfast, lunch, and dinner to remind him of me. How sweet.

He managed to land a blow on Onii-chan but that didn't affect my brother at all and he wished to become stronger in order to achieve his dreams.

He told me the ingredients we were missing and that he had to buy them at the nearby grocery store.

Every time he does something to remind him of me, my heart seems to beat faster. It's insane.

I know that I like him. I know that very well. And I know he likes me back. It's pretty obvious.

But what's holding me back?

I know very well that we both like each other. I've seen how my classmates look at each other when they're in love so I know that he has feelings for me. I'm not one of those oblivious and dense people.

I'm the type to observe things around me. I pick up on the littlest things. I know that very well, yet I'm holding back?

I'm scared...aren't I?

I don't wanna lose him. I can't imagine the pain of losing the person you love a lot. All I know is that the pain must be unbearable.

What if I lose him in the middle of a battle?

What if he stops functioning while we're fighting?

What happens if I'm the one who ends up leaving first?

Will he be hurt?

Will he care at all?

What happens if I have to be the one to say goodbye first?

How would he feel?

How would everyone feel?

I don't want to lose him, nor do I want him to lose me. I don't want to cause pain on Onii-chan.

The two of them may be physically strong, but they're not the strongest mentally, especially Onii-chan.

I can't die yet. I won't allow that. I won't leave this place. I won't say goodbye first, so neither should they.

A buzz came from my phone. My eyes darted towards it. It was a phone given to me by Onii-chan on my 19th birthday.

I picked the phone up and read the message. It was a message from the Hero Association.

They wanted me to deal with a monster lurking around a neighborhood alone.

Stop thinking such things, Y/n. You're a hero. Start acting like one. You have a mission given by the Hero Association to do.

You must fulfill your job as a hero. After all, you've become one because of Genos and Onii-chan. Live up to their expectations.

"Eh? That's weird. Why only me?" I questioned myself. Usually, the Hero Association would assign missions for Genos and me.

Why did they only assign a mission to me and only me?

Could they be testing us?

Could they be wondering if we're capable of handling ourselves?

That could be. But no, that's just weird. We're literally in a middle of a war between the Hero Association and Monster Association.

Our goal should only be to fight monsters and make sure we eradicate their whole existence.

Why would they be testing us right now out of all the times they could've tested us?

"I'll just think on the way out." I mumbled, packing my things and leaving the hospital.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

"Eh?" I stared at the woman standing in front of me in disbelief. She seemed to have heard my gasp as she turned to me.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Fubuki-san ran to me and embraced me.

"It's nice to see you again and I just got discharged. I'm here for a mission." I explained.

"A mission? Just after you got discharged? The Hero Association must be really desperate." Fubuki-san sighed.

"Nah, it's okay. I signed up to be a hero so I'm gonna do my part as one." I declared.

"That's rather inspiring." she chuckled.

"Oh, and what are you here for?" I asked.

"Here for a mission. I have to scout an area for monsters in a neighborhood. They told me I couldn't handle it myself so they're sending in another hero." she elaborated.

"And I guess I'm that hero. What about your underlings? Where'd they run off to?" I questioned.

"They're still in the hospital because of what happened." she replied.

"That's unfortunate. Hope they get better. Welp, let's go!" I cheered.

We then began to walk around the city, looking at various clothing shops and entering cafes just to have a small treat.

I took out my phone from my pocket and texted my older brother. I shouldn't worry him too much.

Ugly

Hi weirdo, I'm out of the hospital 😋

I'll come home quite late cause I'm on a mission 😘

Love ya

Baldie

Th took you so long to respond?

Hello???

Wow

Ok

I'm not picking you up 🙄

I hate you

Oh, love ya too

"You seem to be really close to Saitama." Fubuki-san mentioned, making me nod.

"Yeah, I was born and stayed here for 14 years until I moved away. I came back and boom, here I am." I explained.

"I see. Why'd you move away?" she asked.

"To provide money for Onii-chan and me. Did you know, he wasn't always that strong?" I stated. She looks at me in shock.

"Yeah, he was just an ordinary man. Not to mention, he had hair. He didn't have any strength. The worst part, he was looking for a job day and night to help me study for college. He had to support us ever since our parents left." I continued.

"He never took care of himself and every time I come home, he's always rushing out the door to go to a job interview, only to come home tired. Then he would just sleep. He wouldn't even eat or wash. That's when I moved back in." I said.

𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

"Onii-chan? What about him?" I asked, pacing back and forth in my dorm.

I'm a college student who lives in a dorm. The landlord gave me a call regarding my older brother.

"Is something wrong? I'm not with him right now because I live in a dorm." I explained my situation.

"Yes, I've heard. But ever since you left, neighbors have been complaining about an awful stench coming out of the house." he mentioned. Ew.

"What the...please continue." I ushered.

"I've spotted him coming home late at night and coming out so early in the morning. He doesn't even change. He's getting skinnier day by day." he explained.

Doesn't change?

So, he's wearing the same thing over and over again?

Skinnier? He's not eating well? That's weird. He knows how to cook the basics, I'm sure I thought him that.

"How long has this been going on?" I inquired.

"Y/n, dear, it was okay for the first few months but it started getting worst. I'm afraid he might die sooner or later if he continues this." he sighed.

"I see." I mumbled. That dummy...

"Hey, mister. I'm coming back. This time, permanent." I informed before ending the call.

The next day, after I was done packing, I moved out of the dorm and made my way back to the apartment Onii-chan lives in.

The landlord and the neighbors were right, an awful stench is coming out of his room.

I've left him for 3 years to go the college. Although I was only 14, I got accepted into a college.

I've already been handed an extra key, thanks to the kind landlord. I used it to unlock the front door.

The moment I pushed the door open, I saw numerous trash bags on the floor, followed by dirty boxers and clothes.

In the living room, I saw him collapsed there, wearing the same suit he wore before I left.

I stared down at his body, just snoring. He had very dark eyebags. His black hair was all greasy.

"Onii-chan..." I mumbled. Seeing this made my heart break. Every time I called him to check up on how things are going, he would always tell me that things were going smoothly.

"Liar." I groaned, standing up and getting to work.

I cleaned up the rooms, windows, counters, and other stuff. I also changed the bedsheets. I also had to clean the bathroom.

Walking back to the front door, I arranged the shoes and picked up the boxers and clothing lying on the ground.

I didn't really mind picking up such things. He's my brother. Plus, he used to do the laundry before I left.

The sweetest part is that he didn't mind washing the underwear that I bled in when I had my period.

Every time I told him that it's gross and that I'll do it myself, he told me that he didn't mind it because menstruation is normal and should be normalized.

After cleaning up the house, I worked on making a meal for him. I'm sure he hasn't eaten in days because of how skinny he is.

I made one of his favorite hot pots. I couldn't remember the ingredients so I had to depend on the power of the internet.

Heck, he didn't have much on his fridge either. I had to go out and buy the ingredients myself.

Onii-chan must be really tired if he's not waking up from all the noise I'm making because of my totally pro cooking skills.

Once I was done, I placed the food on the table that I had cleaned. There was a bunch of empty ramen cups before I tidied it up.

"Onii-chan, wake up. It's time to have dinner." I shook his body. He slowly sat up and I could see drool from leaving his mouth open while sleeping.

"You have drool on you. Take care of yourself for me too, will you?" I sighed, using his shirt to wipe his drool off.

"Y/n?" he called out. I nodded before he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry. I really tried..." he whimpered, soaking my shoulder with his tears.

"I know...don't worry. I'll be staying here from now on." I comforted.

After the emotional reuniting stuff, he ate the meal I made for him. Of course, we ate it together 'cause this girlie's hungry as well.

I had to make sure he took a bath properly. No, I didn't get in the shower, I know my boundaries. I just made sure he used the right soap and other stuff.

While I was cleaning around earlier, I found out that he's working 5 jobs day and night, which explains why he doesn't eat much.

He would send his salary to me for school, food, and my personal items, leaving almost nothing for himself.

It's weird, huh?

When I was a child, he used to take care of me, picking up after my mess, cleaning the house, making sure I ate and washed properly, and wiping my drool of even if he didn't like it.

"The turns have tabled now, huh?." Onii-chan laughed. Excuse me, what?

"What did you just say?" I turned to him in shock. He's just wearing a towel to cover his thingy but I didn't care.

"How the turns have tabled, why? I mean, I used to do these things for you." he scratched his head, confused

"Onii-chan...it's how the tables have turned, not how the turns have the tabled.

"Oh-"

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝙵𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

"But I'm glad I decided to make that decision. Because of that, Onii-chan isn't dead and I got to meet all of you." I grinned.

"I'm glad you made that decision as well." she smiled as we entered a spa.

Speaking of Onii-chan...I should appreciate him more. He's really a good older brother. I'm thankful for that.

"This isn't what we're supposed to be doing during a mission but it's been a while since I've had a break so I might as well enjoy it." Fubuki-san shrugged.

"As you should." I giggled. Now that I think about it, I'm always hanging around guys like Onii-chan, Genos, and King.

I never really have any girlfriends, nor do I hang out with them much. Having Fubuki-san as a friend wouldn't hurt.

I'm sure Genos would be proud of me.

"Fubuki-san, I-" she cut me off.

"Fubuki." she corrected.

"Okay then, Fubuki. Do you happen to know where Genos is? Every time I try to call him, it keeps saying 'out of service'." I inquired.

"Genos? Didn't he tell you?" she asked, turning to me with her green mask.

"Uh, no? That's why I'm asking you." I obviously stated, removing the slice of cucumber on my eye.

"He's on a very important mission, given to him specifically."

"Eh?"

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 3K 14
Welcome to a world where monsters are at every corner, where heroes are actually paid for their deeds, welcome to the world of One Punch Man We follo...
5K 176 10
Everybody wants to be strong. But what happens if, one day, your wish comes true? Through a series of unforeseen events, y/n gains the strength he's...
1.7K 44 10
One regular, ordinary day, Genos and Saitama are transported to a fantasy world and need to regroup fast in order to find out how to get back home de...
41.6K 1.1K 14
(Y/N) (L/N) is just your ordinary 18-year-old who lives a normal life like any other normal human being. You may think he is an ordinary human being...