Not Alone || Jung Jaehyun

By bbluejaee

"๐—ถ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฑ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚." "๐˜„๐—ต๐˜†?" "๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™™๐™–... More

Chapter 1 | "ignore him"
Chapter 2 | "watch it"
Chapter 3 | "good luck"
Chapter 4 | "not good enough"
Chapter 5 | "you're scared"
Chapter 6 | "maybe, maybe not"
Chapter 7 | "the right choice"
Chapter 8 | "one little slip up"
Chapter 9 | "break me"
Chapter 10 | "just dance"
Chapter 11 | "a bit of fun"
Chapter 12 | "protect you"
Chapter 13 | "no distractions"
Chapter 14 | "how dare you"
Chapter 15 | "get this right"
Chapter 16 | "your fault"
Chapter 17 | "the little things"
Chapter 18 | "its complicated"
Chapter 19 | "fix this"
Chapter 20 | "trust yourself"
Chapter 21 | "welcome to sectionals"
Chapter 23 | "come find me"
Chapter 24 | "break my heart"
Chapter 25 | "nothings wrong"
Chapter 26 | "figure it out"
Chapter 27 | "everything is perfect"
Chapter 28 | "what about us"
Chapter 29 | "last dance"
Chapter 30 | "don't leave me"
Epilogue
New Book (kinda)!! Renjun royalty ff
New Book! Haechan mafia ff
New Book! Taeyong mafia ff
New Book! Jeno mafia ff
NEW STORY

Chapter 22 | "tell you"

2.5K 115 48
By bbluejaee

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's awards time! Thank you to all this year's sectionals participants, you did an outstanding job!"

The rest of the competition had gone well for them. Both the group dance and female solos were amazing, and Hyemi was happy to say that the team was in good spirits. Now they were all gathered on stage, stuck between their biggest rival, Korea University's The Next Level team and her brothers Black Dragons team.

"Starting with female solo top 5. Fifth place: Jeon Soyeon of the Seoul University Black Dragons!"

Hyemi applauded as Soyeon rose from next to them to go and collect her medal. Hyemi turned to look at her brother, he had a worried frown on his face. This sectionals was going to be tough and with the collective score determining who went to nationals, everyone needed to be perfect.

"In fourth place, Jung Wheein from Yeonsei University's Phoenix Crew!"

The unfamiliar girl in their golden jacket went to get her award next. She remembered the crew name as one that Sana had previously mentioned to her as one of their top competitors.

"In third place, Minatozaki Sana from the Seoul University All Stars!"

Hyemi turned to the older girl with a smile, clapping loudly as she went to go and collect her bronze trophy. Hyemi met eyes with Jaehyun who let out a relieved huff. They took the best score in each category and having Sana in the top 3 meant they were still in the running.

"In second place, Kim Winter from Korea University's The Next Level!"

Hyemi scowled as the girl went to get her award. She hoped that Momo was able to grab a first place victory over the Next Level soloist. It would really help them in the overalls. She turned to the Japanese girl who had a nervous smile on her face. She saw Chaeyoung gripping one of her hands and Hyemi quickly went to grasp her other one, all of them silently hoping to hear her name.

"And in first place, your sectionals Womens solo champion will be... Hirai Momo of the Seoul University All Stars, congratulations!"

Momo shot up from her seat, smiling in shock as she went to go and collect her first place award. From around her, Hyemi's teammates all celebrated this victory, and Jaehyun smiled widely as he embraced Momo when she came to sit back down.

"Congrats girl, amazing job!" Hyemi said, squeezing her shoulder.

"Thanks, Hye, I can't believe it!"

"Hey Momo," Taeyong whispered, leaning over from next to them. "Congrats, you were great."

"Thanks, Taeyong"

Hyemi smiled at her brother, the two of them sharing a nervous glance before the next awards were announced.

"Alright now time for the male solo awards top 5. In fifth place: Choi Yeonjun from Yeonsei's Phoenix Crew!"

Hyemi tensed, a small hopeful smile on her face as the announced the Phoenix Crew's dance captain had placed 5th. But she didn't want to get ahead of herself, the ringer from Thailand was still there.

"And in fourth place: Nakamoto Yuta from the Seoul University All Stars!"

Hyemi turned to look at the boy, a sad smile on his face as he stepped up to graciously accept the award.

"Third place: Lee Jeno from the Seoul University Black Dragons!"

Hyemi gasped, instantly clapping for her friend as he went to go and step up for his award. As he walked by, he shot Hyemi a wink, bowing to the crowd.

"Second place: Jung Jaehyun from the Seoul University All Stars!"

Jaehyun's face fell as he rose from his spot, doing his best to hide his disappointment with a tight lipped smile as he collected his award. He turned to look at Hyemi, meeting her eyes with a sad nod before sitting back down. She felt horrible for him, she could see how upset he was and she wanted nothing more than to get up and hug him, but she couldn't. Not then.

"And in first place, your sectionals men's solo champion is... Ten Lee from Korea University's The Next Level."

She and her team clapped politely as he went to go and take his award, his team cheering loudly for him. Hyemi let out a sigh, this boy was good. And she didn't know if they could beat him.

"Alright and now it's the time you've all been waiting for, who will be going to nationals? Taking the best solo score for each team in both the men's and women's category and combining that with the score for the overall group dances, we have our top 5. The top 2 teams will be advancing to nationals."

Hyemi grasped the hands of Jaemin and Momo next to her, seeing all of the rest of her teammates nervously holding hands, their eyes closed and heads lowered as they listened for the results.

"In fifth place, the Konkuk University Fireworks!"

"In fourth place, the Yeonsei University Phoenix Crew!"

She felt Jaemin excitedly squeeze her hand when he heard that one of their rivals wasn't going to be heading to Nationals.

"In third place, the Seoul University Black Dragons!"

Hyemi's eyes shot open, instantly turning to her brother's team to see the heartbroken expressions on their faces. She quickly released Jaemin's hand, leaning over to give her brother's arm a comforting squeeze before settling back down.

"And in second place, also advancing to the National finals in Busan... the Seoul University All Stars!"

Hyemi and her team instantly let out a breath of relief, not even caring about not winning. They all began hugging one another.

"Hyemi... WERE GOING TO NATIONALS!" Jaemin shouted, pulling her into a tight hug.

She quickly turned to Jaehyun, seeing him still sitting with a frown deep on his face.

"Hey. It's alright. We're going to nationals and we'll just have to find a way to step up our game, but for now, let's just be happy we made it." She said, rubbing his arm.

"Thanks, Hyemi."

"Of course."

They all quickly returned to their seats as the announcer prepared to declare the first place winner, even though they all already knew who it would be.

"And in first place, also advancing to the National Finals in Busan, your sectionals champions will be... Korea University's The Next Level!"

Hyemi clapped with a tight lipped smile as once again, the team from Korea University celebrated their win.

- - -

"Hyemi, have you seen Jaehyun? The van is here to drive us back to school." Sana said, walking up to Hyemi as they waited by the entrance.

"No, I haven't. But I'll go find him. We'll meet you back here."

Hyemi set off to go find him, first checking their dressing room and the hallways but didn't see him. She then ran backstage, but didn't see him either. She was about to turn to leave but decided to peak out onto the stage for one last time before they headed home. It was her first sectionals after all.

She carefully stepped out onto the stage, taking in the massive auditorium that was once filled with people, now sitting empty.

Well, almost empty.

As she looked into the rows of seats, she saw a familiar figure sitting in the first row, staring blankly at the stage.

"Jaehyun?"

At the sound of his name, he looked up, seeing her hop off the stage and go to stand in front of him.

"There you are! I was looking for you, the van is here, come on." She gestured for him to follow her but he stayed sitting. Hyemi stared at him quizzically, slowly going to stand in front of him again.

"Okay, Jae, what's up. What's going on?"

"It just... uh, nothing. It's nothing, let's go." He stood up and began to walk away but Hyemi quickly grabbed his arm.

"We promised to tell eachother when something is bothering us. I have a feeling I already know what it is, so spill."

He let out a sigh, slowing his pace as they made their way out of the auditorium.

"I just... I can't believe I lost this for us!" He yelled out, slapping his sides in frustration, shocking Hyemi.

"Jaehyun, it's not-"

"Don't say that. It is my fault. If I had done better on the solos we could've won this. Momo did her job. I just couldn't do mine."

"Stop, you can't-"

"I should've worked harder. I should've done better. I wasn't enough. Again. Like always, I wasn't good enough. I was so stupid to believe that my best could've actually been good enough."

"You are-"

"I ruined this sectionals. How are we national champions and now heading back to try and defend out title as losers. I failed myself, and what's worse is I failed you guys. I need to work harder. I was slacking off."

"Jaehyun-"

"I'll just push harder, we all will. Then maybe we won't be such failures and-"

"JAE STOP IT!" She yelled, grabbing his arm and turning her to face him. "Stop saying that, stop it right now!"

He looked stunned at her outburst, unsure of what to say.

"I-I'm sorry."

"You don't need to be sorry. I get that you're mad and upset but don't go there. Don't go back to that place of hating on yourself. It hurts me to see someone I care about get beaten down, especially when they're the ones doing it."

He continued to stare at her, not saying anything yet.

"Jae, you lost this time, fine. Everyone loses. Believe it or not, that Ten kid has lost at some point too. But you can't keep blaming yourself. We made it to nationals and have a chance to defend our title. We might not win there either, but we're gonna give our best effort, that's for damn sure. We'll give amazing performances and if the judges don't think we deserve it, fine, that's their opinion. It doesn't make you any less of an amazingly talented dancer and captain."

His face slowly broke into a smile.

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?" She asked, confused.

"How do you always know exactly what to say?"

She rolled her eyes, letting out an amused huff as they continued walking up the aisle.

"I don't know, I could ask you the same thing. Maybe we just get each other."

He smiled at her, nodding his head in agreement.

"Maybe we do. You know Hyemi, I know these last two weeks haven't been easy for us, but it's made me realize something. Hyemi, I need to tell you that I really-"

"OH MY GOD!"

A yell from the hallway interrupted him, Hyemi instantly turning to Jaehyun with a panicked look.

"What was that? Come on!" Hyemi quickly ran out of the auditorium.

"Wait, I wanted to tell you that- Ugh." Jaehyun sighed in frustration at getting interrupted again before following her out.

"Momo what is it?" Hyemi asked, immediately taking notice of her. "Is everything okay?"

All the others were now gathered around her, worried about her who was frozen in place with trembling hands.

"That was a call from my manager. I-I just got an offer to dance backup on Twice's world tour. They want me start next week!"

Immediately all the others started celebrating for her, hugging her tight as a smile broke onto her face.

"Oh my god Momo that's amazing!" "That's awesome!" "Wow!"

"This is the biggest opportunity I've ever gotten, I-I have to take it."

"Obviously you do!" Sana exclaimed.

"But what does that mean for the team? Nationals has a minimum group size of 8 and were exactly 8." She said, looking around nervously.

"We'll figure it out, Momo, you can't pass this up." Sicheng said, rubbing her arm comfortingly.

"Are you guys sure? You've all worked so hard for this chance."

"Positive. This is so much bigger than nationals." Hyemi added with a smile.

"Jae?" She asked, nervously turning to the captain who'd been silent this whole time.

"She's right. Momo, this is the start to your career, and I couldn't be more excited for you. We'll be fine." Jaehyun replied, pulling her in for a quick hug with a smile on his face.

"Okay, thank you guys!" Momo exclaimed, quickly putting her phone back to her ear. "Manager Park? Tell them I say yes. You're coming to pick me up? Now? Okay, I got it. Sounds good. Alright. Thank you so much, goodbye." She put down the phone. "They're coming to get me right now to pack up my stuff and get me ready to go. I can't believe I'm really leaving. I'm gonna miss you guys so much."

"We're gonna miss you too." They replied, all going in for a big group hug, Momo having tears streaming down her face.

"I can't believe this is it. I expect to see you guys holding that gold nationals trophy." She laughed out once they released one another.

"Here's to hoping."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 8.8K 18
Lord Voldemort was taken to the ministry and asked questions under the power of veritaserum. What happens when he tells the story of him and (y/n) ba...
834 235 73
//COMPLETED// What does it feels like to be healed by someone you have hurted before? The Neos series #2 By: Haeitsu
2M 106K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
165K 4.5K 63
" i don't have time for thi-" he cut you off and come closer " be my girlfriend wait i mean fake girlfriend" he said while looking into your brown ey...