lovers | benny. r

By sexyyki

"Everyone loves a good enemies to lovers story, right?" Sequel to [ enemies ] More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.

22.

4.2K 76 183
By sexyyki

Amora

"I don't understand why you need to get a job!"

"I have too. I've already used up all my allowance this week and I'm definitely not using his money to buy him a gift like last time" I explained, frowning slightly at the memory.

"Do you know what happens to people with jobs. Horrid. It's terrible, don't do it Amora!" She exclaimed, frantically grabbing ahold of my shoulders.

I grumbled and lowered her hands. "You've never even had a job Carrie?"

"That don't matter. I'm sure it's horrifying, just take a look at this one girl I had in photography class. She got a job, soon before you knew it she dropped out of school.. and we never saw her again" she explained in a tone as if she were telling a horror story.

I simply blinked and stared at her. "I think you're being.. dramatic"

"Oh whatever, I am trying to save you! This is so not happening right now" She grumbled and threw her head down into her hands.

Slowly she lifted her head up to reveal the suspicious smile that was creeping across her face.

"What?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows at her expression.

She smiled, simply nodding her head excitedly in response as she grabbed onto my hands. "A job you say? Well I happen to remember that hiring sign plastered on the window of Grubs n' Stuff diner" she informed, smiling proudly.

"The one we always go to? I didn't know that" I thought, my eyebrows knit together in thought as I titled my head.

"Yup! We should go check it out right now!" She suggested, taking my hand and pulling me away.

———————-

My hands tightly clutched onto Carries shoulders as we slowly walked down the sidewalk. "Wow. Who knew heels could.. hurt so much?"

Carrie was in front of me and faced away as I held onto her shoulders while she led me towards our destination. "Mhm, that's what happens when you don't wear heels for months!"

A sigh left my mouth and I frowned. "Yeah well.. I miss my converse's" I muttered under my breath.

"Ok.. so although I've never had a job. I think I know lots about applying for one" Carrie suddenly chirped.

"So, you need to look and be confident. Be sure of your answers to the questions they ask you. I'm sure they'll ask a lot. And with this stunning outfit you look workforce ready already!" She added with an excited clap of her hands.

I nodded, following behind her as she walked up to the diner. Stopping at the entrance.

"Oh.. by the way!" She started, smiling smugly as she took my arm and pulled me aside.

"There's this total hunk that's just around our age who works here too. Ugh I bet you two are totally going to hit it off" She explained, nudging my arm with an excited smile.

"Carrie. I'm not looking for a stupid boyfriend? I'm here too get some money and-

"Oh" I simply breathed, widening my eyes once seeing the boy she pointed out.

I'll admit. The boy was gorgeous. Definitely not as stunning as Benny but still, pretty nice to look at.

"How.. on earth did I not ever notice him?" I questioned, whipping over towards her.

"Mhm, he's a total babe right?" She smirked and teasingly nudged my arm.

"Pfft as if" I muttered, waving her off as I walked inside the diner.

I walked over towards the counter where the boy stood at, setting down the folder in my hand onto the table and folding my hands on top.

"Hello.." I trailed off, looking down to the name tag on his shirt.

"Grayson?" I smiled, looking back up towards him as he nodded.

"Well I happened to notice the 'hiring now' sign and I just wanted to ask if you or.. your boss would be interested in considering hiring me?" I explained, pointing back towards the sign with a smile.

"Well.. yeah sure. I'll go bring out Mary" he nodded his head, sending me a smile before walking away.

I smiled, watching as he walked away before looking towards Carrie in panic.

"Oh crap Carrie I'm freaking right now" I whispered, throwing my hands into my hair.

"Just relax. You're doing great so far remember, confidence!" She assured, whispering right back.

I nodded when we both suddenly jumped and smiled once seeing a middle aged women who walked out from the back room.

"Hello.. I see you want to apply for a job here?" She questioned, walking over and looking down at the papers.

I nodded, watching as she placed on a pair of glasses and brought up the folder. Eyes trailing down as she scanned the paper.

"So, you ever had a job before?" She questioned, looking up from the folder.

"Yes ma'am I have. I've managed massive estate and supervised bilingual staff" I explained, nodding my head with a smile.

"Mhm.. you ever cooked before?" She asked, looking back down to the paper.

"Oh certainly! I've cooked things from desserts to lunch and breakfast. Basically all the 4 main courses!" I smiled and nodded my head.

Technically everything I was saying was true? Just not really from an actual job.

I do many things around my house, which could be considered a massive estate. And Ive certainly managed bilingual staff, aka Rose who speaks both French and Spanish.

And with all the cooking I've done for the Rodriguez's I'd like to consider myself a pretty good chef?

"Well then. Today's your lucky day. You're the first too apply so.. you got the job?" Mary shrugged, nodding her head in agreement.

Immediately Carrie and I looked to each other, smiling wide as we clapped in excitement and jumped up and down in joy.

"You start tomorrow. 3pm sharp" Mary ordered, before walking off and away.

I watched as she walked away, my mouth falling with a gasp. "Oh my god Carrie I got the job!"

"I knew it! See? Pfft you don't need a job to give advice about one" she said, flipping her hair before crossing her arms.

"So.. I'm guessing you got the job?" Grayson questioned, perking up an eyebrow with a smile as he walked over.

I nodded, smiling as I picked up my folder from the counter. "Yup I certainly did"

"Cool.. guess I'll see you tomorrow?" He slowly questioned, titling his head.

"Oh. Yeah, see you" I replied and nodded my head with a smile.

He nodded, sending me a small smile and wave before walking off to the back. Leaving Carrie to squeal and jump up once he left.

————————

With a sigh I smoothed out the navy blue jeans I wore, putting on a smile as I pushed open the clear doors and walked right into the diner.

I walked over towards the counter to see the familiar boy from yesterday who stood behind the front desk.

"Oh hey.." Grayson trailed off, titling his head as he looked me. It soon clicked into my mind and I smiled.

"Amora" I replied, smiling as I held out my hand.

"Amora.. nice to see you again. And you're early" he smiled, taking ahold of my hand and shaking it.

"Yeah well, everyone knows you have too be early on your first day.. at least that's what I've seen in movies?" I explained with a simple shrug.

He shook his head and let out a small laugh "Yeah, I guess so"

"So. What will I be doing today?" I questioned, glancing around the room with curiosity.

"Well today you're going to be waitering. But, that could change tomorrow. We like to rotate shifts a few times" he explained, pulling out a uniform out of nowhere and handing it over to me.

"Also, seeing you're wearing heels. Which, I like but you might need these" he laughed, handing me a pair of white shoes.

I slowly took the uniform and pair of shoes, holding the pair up as I scanned them unsurely.

"I mean.. at least it's a nice yellow. And has a.. cute skirt, I guess?" I thought, tilting my head hesitantly as I examined the pieces.

He shrugged with a smile before waving his hand, signaling me too follow as he walked off towards the back room.

"Hey guys, this is our new coworker, Amora" he called out and with a smile, waved me over.

I looked around, smiling and waving at the two girls and one older man who all stood in the room. Surprisingly, there was no sign of a sweet old woman or flirty waiter anywhere.

"Amora, this is Jane, Tillie also our two main waiters. Who happen to actually be new just like you. And this is Terry our cook" he introduced, motioning to the three.

"Very nice to meet you all" I smiled, flashing them a wave.

They nodded, sending me back smiles and waves when Grayson pulled me over and led me towards the staff restroom.

"You can change in here. I'll see you out there" he smiled, waving at me before walking away.

I nodded slowly walking into the restroom and sighed as I closed the door behind me.

I titled my head, looking at myself unsurely in the mirror at the uniform I was now wearing.

I shook my head, waving it off as I dug through my bag. I pulled out a light blue hair ribbon and with a shrug I tied my hair back into a ponytail.

I smoothed out the top, quickly slipping on the white shoes. I took in a deep breathe before walking out and back towards the front of the diner.

"Hey, you look great!" Grayson smiled, glancing down towards the clothes I wore.

"Thanks. I feel like.. I don't know what's yellow?" I questioned, looking down to my clothes with a shrug.

He shook his head with a laugh as he placed his hands onto my shoulders, leading me over towards the main floor where everyone sat eating.

"Alright.. you'll just be taking orders, and delivering the food. You got it?" He ordered, looking down at me for my response.

I hesitantly nodded, swallowing hard as I scanned the room. The more I examined all of the people the more nervous I grew just at the thought.

"Hey you'll do good. If you need anything, I'm right over here" he assured, patting the counter.

I slowly nodded and with a deep breathe walked out.

———————

"Oh I am totally.." I paused, swallowed and attempted to catch my breathe "Burning out here!"

"You're doing good.. surprisingly?" Graysons head titled with a smile

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Hey? That's way rude"

"I'm just kidding with you. You're actually doing really good?" He smiled, nodding his head in approval.

I smiled, following him back towards the front desk. I paused and my eyes widened once spotting the familiar group of kids that sat at the counter chairs.

With a groan I stomped over and stood in front of them, immediately making them all jump up once seeing me.

"What are you weirdos doing?" I questioned, placing my hands onto my hips as I walked over.

"Ok, ok look. I wanted to see you on your first day in the work force when these idiots wanted to come!" Carrie explained, motioning towards the boys.

"Hey- I didn't even believe her when she said you were getting a job?" Kenny defended, pointing towards me.

My mouth fell and a scoff left. "And why is that so hard to believe?"

They looked to each other, stifling a few laughs before bursting out into fits of teasingly laughters. I crossed my arms, tapping my foot with a huff as I waited for them stop their ridiculous laughters.

"Ok, ok.. yeah I get it. So crazy, but I need a few extra bills to get Dad a gift for his birthday alright?" I huffed, shaking my head as I explained myself.

With a snicker Ham questioned. "Hold on Carrie where's your camera?"

I scoffed, watching as Carrie handed him her camera while he immediately snapped a picture of me.

"Yeah, yeah this is definitely a rare sight!" Yeah-yeah added, holding up the photo that slid out from the camera.

"What? Me working?"

"No, you with your hair up" he simply replied, motioning up to my hair.

"Oh I know. I feel like such an egghead!" I exclaimed, a slight frown now on my face as I looked down towards the floor.

"You don't" Benny suddenly spoke

"Yeah, right I look like a total mess. I've never sweated this much in my life!" I laughed, shaking my head in denial.

"Well you don't. You look great. Work uniform and all" he insisted, motioning down to my clothes.

I cracked a small smile, rolling my eyes and waving him off once feeling my face begin to heat up.

"Yeah ok, thanks" I stifled a laugh and shrugged.

"Amora! What are you doing, this isn't slacking off time?" Terry shouted, harshly slamming onto the desk bell.

My lips curled down into a frown. And I placed my hands placed my hands onto edge of the counter, throwing my head down with a whine.
"Oh I can't do this!" I cried out.

"Yeah well you know what, I tried to save you here and talk you of this. Totally not my doing" Carrie stated, shaking her in disappointment and pointing at me.

My eyes rolled and I grumbled, "Oh shut up-

"Amora! These plates aren't going to take themselves out, now are they?" Terry called out again, impatiently ringing the bell continuously.

I huffed, throwing my head back down with a groan. "Well sadly, I still have work to do. My shift doesn't end till 7! Seven. Thats ridiculous. I am so going to die here!"

They all laughed and waved at me as I walked away and back over too see a very impatient Terry with many plates waiting for me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 1.9K 15
{Benny x Reader} Y/n just moved back to her hometown with her new stepbrother Scotty Smalls. He goes and plays baseball with the sandlot boys and the...
912 7 7
When the word "enemies" becomes "lovers"
69.7K 2K 27
hey everyone, this is the sequel to enemies, so if you haven't read that, please go read that first because this is the second part to that story!
25.4K 247 15
Right Field //Benny Rodriguez x Reader// (REWRITTEN) This story contains all of the elements of my first Benny x reader story, just rewritten way be...