Junkyard

By xXarch1angelXx

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ Welcome to Junkyard ・:*.ೃ࿔⋆ Here is where I post a bunch of words per entry to rebuild my writing gro... More

Mr. Contents
15/9/2020
16/9/2020
17/9/2020
18/9/2020
19/9/2020
22/9/2020
25/9/2020
27/9/2020
29/9/2020
1/10/2020
3/10/2020
4/10/2020
5/10/2020
7/10/2020
8/10/2020
12/10/2020
13/10/2020
16/10/2020
20/10/2020
21/10/2020
22/10/2020
23/10/2020
24/10/2020
25/10/2020
12/11/2020
13/11/2020
16/11/2020
19/11/2020
1/12/2020
29/12/2020
28/1/2021
6/2/2021
7/2/2021
24/2/2021
28/2/2021
1/3/2021
28/4/2021
14/5/2021
31/5/2021
1/6/2021
7/6/2021
9/6/2021
25/6/2021
15/9/2021

30/3/2021

12 1 0
By xXarch1angelXx

Author's Notes

I look back at my old writings and sigh at how good they were.

This one is a Bleach fanfic meant to be part of audeamus which can be found in my FF.net account. It is a high-fantasy AU, so can be read as any other fiction story. It's just that most of the names follow Bleach-verse characters, towns, powers etc. The two characters I'm focusing on is my ship pair, Orihime (orange-haired human girl) and Ulquiorra (black-haired, green-eyed Arrancar).

Terms that may be unfamiliar:

-sama : respectful honorific for individuals of a higher rank than oneself.

-san : common formal honorific equivalent to Mr and Ms.

-kun : common honorific used towards a younger male, or a male friend.

-dono : honorific equivalent to "milord" or "master", although that doesn't mean the person is of noble status. It lies below -sama in level of respect.

Shinigami : literally meaning death god in Japanese. In Bleach, they are known as soul reapers, sort of like guardians of souls going through the circle of transmigration. They live in the spirit world, sort of like the afterlife.

Onmitsukidō : the stealth force of the Shinigami, they carry out top secret operations such as assassinations.

seiza : an upright kneeling position traditionally used in Japan in formal settings.

Arrancar : Spanish word meaning "to tear off". In Bleach, they are Hollows that have removed their masks and has gained Shinigami-like powers.

Hollow : race of creatures born from human souls which did not cross over after death and become corrupt spirits that prey on souls of both living and dead humans.

Hime : princess.

reiryoku : spiritual power. Used by Shinigami and other spiritual beings to provide power for their various abilities. Humans, spirits, Hollows all possess some level of reiryoku.

Disclaimer

I do not own Bleach nor any its characters. And I haven't looked through any of its materials for a long time.

________________________________

...

..

.

The earth trembled as horses galloped at breakneck speed towards a fortified village. Their riders were silent under the bright, peeking sun save the frenzied fluttering of their black costumes. A woman with long, dark ponytail disappeared ahead of them, and they followed duly.

Even without a flag or sigil to recognise by, men in the watchtowers scrambled in panic. Bells were tolled all around the wall. Many had retreated earlier in the day and the last few had stayed to only persuade their leaders to leave, but knew such action was most likely futile. Now, they sought only refuge and escape.

With the ominous alarm as companion, the elite hunters in black cut their way into every narrow alleyway and corridor they could find.

Candles flickered to witness their silent flight and the paper covered shoji doors trembled as they were forced open. However, rooms were found to be empty and hallways fled of any villagers. From an opened window, the wind blew a sigh of relief at the absence of bloodshed.

The hunters rushed past the village center, already with the knowledge where the villagers have headed to. Everything was still going as well as planned.

Leaving her unit to their task, the woman with the ponytail entered the abode of the village leader. She could sense his presence inside but also, she knew he would stand by as a last form of defence. Useless.

Shoji door elegantly pushed open, she stepped in. Her amber orbs landed immediately on an elderly man sitting with head bowed in the center of the room, a katana of royal purple colour sheathed on his lap. The room was lit similarly by crude candles and the woman huffed. She shut the door and walked further in, her gait unlike any normal, meek woman that would inhabit these human villages.

"Oh, Shihoin-sama." The elderly addressed calmly. His eyes were squinted under bushy grey eyebrows, as calculating as the Shinigami woman's. "Your speed continues to surprise me, Lightning Goddess."

The woman crossed her arms and peered imperiously down. "Don't play coy, human! You have dared against royal decree by collaborating and housing two escaped fugitives." She had a plan to first fish out information before punishing and executing him. "Speak or feel the wrath of the Heavens!"

But the man's rebellious gaze had her rolling her eyes. Her subordinates will have to wait a little then. 

At the end of the day, eighty-seven villagers were found dead. Among them were several well-known and respected figures that left many other communities fearful of their own. The unfortunate circumstance was tightly wrapped under the order of Royal house, and it left little to imagination that only the infamous corps, Onmitsukidō, could have managed such successful execution.

However, news spread that the rightful heir to the throne had fled successfully. Over many years, such a thing of rejoice became something that fuelled the hatred and bitterness of the human citizens in Karakura.

==( 🌸 )==

It was about a moon before; the sun hung low in Karakura sky, bathing the walls and rooftops of a village in orange and gold light. Torches were lit in along the tops of watchtowers while villagers hurried home before curfew began. The village may be located on the Western border of Karakura, far from the royal palace, but it was still under the Shinigami's strict jurisdiction.

However, the village was about to receive two guests. The guards waited anxiously because their guests were late, and they worried that the Shinigami may have intercepted. In that case, Heaven's wrath be merciful!

Just as they were to shut the gates, the guards heard a horse's whinny. Two blobs materialized in the slowly darkening horizon, approaching at a hurried pace. As they got closer, the torches' light revealed the two distinct hair colours hidden under both stranger's cowls. One was a bright orange, the other black.

The two were ushered in quickly, as the guards moved to get the gates closed as soon as possible. Both guests were divested of their cloaks, patted down and forced to wear blindfolds before some villagers escorted them to the village chief to be welcomed. Though it should be noted it would not be some warm greeting, but rather a serious briefing since the villagers understood the two were wanted fugitives.

Their two new additions had their identities confirmed by the chief's right hand men and were led to the rooms they will be staying. Their chief was out in the capital, "settling business" as the elder phrased it, and would return two days hence.

For those two days, the fugitives were regarded with strong distrust. When villagers heard the word 'wanted' and 'fugitive' together, it usually presented an image of a rogue, murderous figure.

Shunsu Haruko, and Wa Kumon, as they introduced, were seen like a mismatched couple simply intending to elope. Shunsu-san was very beautiful and had a generous personality. Her counterpart, Wa-kun, was stoic but the picture of every woman's gentleman. But only idiots would not realise who they truly were. Despite their sincere and friendly approach to every villager, Shunsu-san and Wa-kun were easily identified as the runaway princess and the escaped Arrancar, who had served as the King's retainer. There was only a reason the two arrived here: to escape across the Western border.

As it was, Haruko and Kumon were soon in audience with the village chief and the others waited to hear the impending news.

The chief's abode was quaint and humble; the two appreciated the welcoming atmosphere he presented as they sat seiza-style facing the elderly man. With his clasp hands, straight posture and battle-worn face, the Arrancar recognised a warrior such as himself. A wise and formidable man, he nodded to himself.

"O-Hime-sama, Schiffer-dono. It has been many years." The chief spoke in a warm but firm tone. His eyebrows furrowed a little, shaping a wistful face as he continued, "Times have changed drastically. To think I used to say 'constancy can be a sore sight for old eyes like mine'."

"Yes," said the princess lightly. "My brother's rule was one without much action."

"That is what peace usually is, Hakusho-dono." the Arrancar stated dryly.

Chief Hakusho smiled thinly. "Yes, that's true. Yet at present, I expect I would see a crude rebellion at most than any effective form of war...We humans just do not have much power." He shook his head and levelled a serious look at the princess.

The bright-haired girl jolted. Her eyes widening, then lowering along with her head. She forced a small nod as she sat up straighter.

Hakusho can sense that she was still new to this – talking to delegates and important officials – but also that she was desperate to gain alliances. It must be tough in these circumstances, he sighed. "But I understand your reasons for wanting to escape the kingdom."

Kumon, the Arrancar, clenched his hands in his lap. His viridian eyes shone with an intensity as he spoke, "However, it is not so simple, is it not? Many have distrust of our plan."

Beside him, Haruko nodded. "Hakusho-san, do you think it is wise for you to trust us?" She squeezed her eyes shut and turned away. "Even your people are uneasy around us."

The chief sighed again. "They are. I am going to be frank: They are scared because your arrival here signifies that they would soon have to disappear also." As he continued, his voice seemed to gain an edge. "Most of the villagers have lived their whole lives here. And soon, they must cross the border and find where they can belong in the next place they go to. We humans are not very adaptable and this sudden, drastic change does make everyone uneasy.

"Also, I wish to correct your thought, O-Hime-sama." He said calmly as he stood up. "While I have accepted your presence in my village, it goes without saying trust must be earned, not given."

==( 🌸 )==

After a few days of discussing plans, getting acquainted with the villagers and giving support wherever needed, Haruko and Kamon visited the resident Arrancar of this village.

While Arrancars come by rarely in the kingdom, there are some who chose to live with humans. When asked about it, long ago Kamon had arrived in Karakura with three others, though he had no clue where they are now. The Arrancar whose abode they stood before now, belonged to one Tia Halibel – a master in the arts of magic.

The village homes were all connected by dimly lit corridors made of bamboo so that the village outwardly looks like a very angular beehive. It made travelling between houses a bit difficult, but to the people here, it was very convenient. However, Tia's home was located offsite; it was next to a beautiful pond and garden of willows, and the house was built on high stilts. They were surprised the trail they had taken was quite well-worn and there were other occupations around the pond.

"This is a very lovely place, Tia-san." Haruko praised once they have all sat comfortably.

The female Arrancar had a very calm and elegant expression on her tanned face but her eyes gleamed in mirth at the princess' words. "It is only as lovely as the people who built and maintain it."

Not exactly sure what to construe of the sentence, the girl winced. "I- I'm sorry..." she said quietly. "I t-thought the people have accepted us a little..."

"Hmm," Tia mumbled. She looked towards the other and saw him quietly staring back at her, an undiscernible shine in his cat-like orbs. "And you, loyal guard, what do you think? Of my words?"

Kumon thought for a second. "My words are my observations. I can see you have acquainted well in this village, so you must have a sophisticated and noble bearing. Your reiryoku is very impressive, so you are dedicated in the preservation of our race." His tense posture relaxed as he carefully sorted his words. "Yet because you chose to live in the kingdom, I believe you do not mean harm and your words are merely misunderstood by my mistress."

Haruko looked up questioningly as Tia suddenly chuckled.

"O-Hime, call me Tia only. I'm still unused to the way of address in Karakura," Tia said to the astonishment of the princess. She then tilted her head. "But I don't fault you. Your guard seems very old-fashioned and far too uptight."

The dark-haired Arrancar huffed. His mistress blinked at the Arrancar's friendly disposition.

Tia clapped her hands together. "Your lesson begins today then. Am I right to assume you are here to learn the arts?" She took their nods as confirmation and smiled slightly. "Firstly– you must trust in yourself..."

T.B.C

A/N:
This is what I do when procrastinating. Read old stories and suddenly feel like continuing them. After this, there may be less posts because school has begun. And I recently got a job.

If you like to read more from this world, check out A Bountiful Case and audeamus.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 2.5K 45
Story of a family - strict father, loving mother and naughty kids.
170K 15.6K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
659K 1.1K 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charm🤦🏻‍♀️😭