Falling For Her (Tom Hiddlest...

By atracyxo

"Have you ever had an angel walk your way?" • To fans, it seems Tom Hiddleston has always been single. But no... More

Prologue
Glimpse
Out of all the Places
I'll be waiting
Test
Who Is This
Dream
Temporary
Ferris Wheel
Secrets
Three Little Words
Confessions
In Your Arms
Time Stamp
Karaoke?
Ware it Out
Audition
Let It Rain
Pay You A Visit
Surprise Me (pt.1)
Surprise Me (pt.2)
Unspoken Words
Just Tell Me
Angels & Saviors
I Heard but I Saw
Use the Charm
Smile on a Cloudy Day
The Calm Before the Storm
The Alternate Ending
Nightmares Come True
Scissors and Regrets
Flip the Page
Phase Three
Just in Time
Like a Souvenir
September and Her Words
She Smiled
I Won't Stick
Coming True Is Up!!!

Meaning

6.7K 300 77
By atracyxo

That Friday afternoon, I spent all my time practicing for my next audition.

I had finally got my script that Wednesday. So I used all my time up, getting prepared.

Maybe it was the thought of it being a blockbuster movie, or the thought of it finally being my big break. All I knew was, I was nervous. And because of the nerves, I couldn't act. The nerves clouded my mind.

So I continued reading the same part over and over, Stuttering, trying to find the right voice. The right tone.

I wanted to sound believable. And I knew if I tried too hard, I would sound the complete opposite.

I practiced for nearly two hours straight. And felt like I got nowhere. Like I had never acted a day in my life. It has never been this hard to get into character.

In all my plays, in all my movies, I had always picked up the mood of the character so quick. I connected with the character. And for some reason, it seemed impossible to connect with this one. I was so nervous and jittery, that I couldn't even try to connect.

My phone began to buzz from the side table. I dropped the script, eager to get it out of my hands. Eager to talk to someone other than myself.

And I was even more eager to answer when I saw it was Lilly.

I glanced at the clock. Confused as to why she was calling. It was only 4pm. Our date weekend that we planned, wasn't for another three hours.

I finally answered. "Lil?"

"Tom?" Lilly said, in a shakey voice. Shakier than me, trying to read my script. "I need you to do something for me." Her voice echoed through the phone.

It almost, didn't sound like her. She was always happy. And her voice always sounded cheerful. Right now, she sounded like... Something was really wrong. Each word sounded like she had to force it out. As if she was exhausted.

"Anything. What? What's the matter? Are you okay?" My questions came out all at once. Bombarding her.

I listened to her breath through the phone. "I need you to come get me. Can you come get me?" She asked, as if she were begging.

By that moment I had already grabbed my coat and keys. "Where?"

I didn't ask her another question after that. I knew it was pointless. She didn't seem to be in the mood for an interrogation.

And to be honest. The only thing I cared about was where my girlfriend was. And getting to her as quickly as possible. Being there for her.

She gave me the address and without another thought, I left. "Lil, I'll be there as soon as possible."

-

-

The ride wasn't too long. Considering the fact that I was speeding.

I pulled up by a brown and white, very nice, I must add, suburban style home. Finally pressing my foot on the brake peddle. Which was mostly non existent the whole ride.

I saw Lilly sitting on the front steps of the home. She lifted her head when she heard my car pull up. And right when she saw me, she practically rushed to my car and got in the passenger seat beside me.

She didn't greet me, in fact she didn't say a word. After the shut the door, all she did was stare at the house.

When she told me the address, she neglected to add who's address it was exactly.

I leaned forward, following her eyes to where she was looking exactly.

In one of the windows of the house, was a woman. She looked older. Old enough to be Lilly's...

I finally put the pieces together.

"This must be..." I started. "My mom's house." Lilly finished. Still staring at the woman in the window.

"And that must be..." I started again. "My mother." She finished.

I leaned back in my seat, and studied Lilly. Her face slightly puffy, from crying. And her hands shaking like leaves in the middle of a tornado.

After a few moments, the woman, being her mom, finally disappeared behind the curtains, out of sight. And Lilly stared down at her hands. Placed neatly on her knees.

After a few moments of silence. "Wanna talk about it?" I asked, quietly.

She sighed. "You know, there's not really much to say." She rubbed her legs nervously. "I told my mom the truth. We got in a little argument, she told me to leave, and I left."

"Is this about dropping out of school?" I asked.

She shook her head. "No. It wasn't really that." She shook her head and huffed. "I just don't want to talk about it anymore."

I nodded, understanding. "Okay."

Then, slowly and cautiously, I reached my hand over to hers. Holding it tight.

She grasped my hand as hers began to slowly stop shaking. She finally gave a microscopic smile to our hands.

It was better than no smile at all.

"Wanna go somewhere?" I asked.

She nodded. "Anywhere, but here."

-

-

With Lilly's hand in one hand, I pushed the door open to the rooftop of Patterson's Petals, with the other.

"Now, It was supposed to be more planned out than this, but you called a little earlier than I expected our date to be." I said, as I lead her to the table for two I had set up, this morning before getting my script.

I had draped the table with a white sheet, I had in my linen closet. Clean of course. And I bought a few picnic snacks, and a bottle of wine.

"Happy 1 month, 3 week, and 4 day, anniversary." I said jokingly.

"Awh Tom. This is so sweet. You did this all for me?" She said, sounding a little bit more like herself.

"Who else would I do it for?" I said and kissed her cheek gently.

"You're amazing." She said, grinning.

She looked down at the centerpiece, being roses of course. She picked one out of the vase and put it to her nose. Still smiling.

I watched her every move. Not being able to take my eyes off of her beautiful self. "Now, do you really like roses as much as I think you do. Or did I just assume it to be more important of a fact, than it actually is?"

She laughed softly. Putting the rose back in the vase and pouring wine into the two glasses on the table. "No I really do enjoy roses." She gave me a glass as she held her own. "I just like them more now a days."

I took the glass. "What do you mean?"

She walking over to the side of the building. She leaned against the ledge and looked out at the sky. Sun just beginning to set.

I followed. The building wasn't high enough for me to be afraid of heights.

She shrugged. "I don't know. I've always enjoyed roses. They've always been my favorite. But, they never really meant anything to me, until you came along."

I smiled. "Me?" Genuinely surprised by her comment.

"Yeah you." She grinned, her eyes peering into mine. "I mean, the first thing you called me was 'Lilly who prefers roses'. Our first date was here, at a flower shop." She looked away and down to her glass, blushing a bit. "You know. I still have that rose you gave me. At your signing. I kept it."

"You did?" I grinned.

She nodded. "Yeah. Its all dead and wilted now. But I couldn't find it in me to let go of it." She looked back up to me. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, I love roses more, because they actually have meaning. To me, roses have 'Tom' written all over them.

I set my glass down on the ledge, as did she, and I kissed her. "Good." I said.

She picked up her glass again, taking a sip.

Her smile slowly vanishing again as she thought to herself. "Tom."

"Yes?" I answered.

"I told my mom something today. Something I kept from her. About me." She sighed. "Something, I'm keeping from you too."

"Is that what caused the argument?" I asked.

She nodded hesitantly. Looking at me.

I sighed. She touched her hand to my chest. Stopping me from saying anything just yet.

"Tom. I can tell you right now. Or I can wait. It's up to you. I'm giving you the choice." She said, serious.

I bit my lip, nodding. "Okay." I took a deep breath. "Does this news, affect us tonight?"

She shook her head. "No, I guess not."

"Does it affect us at all?" I asked.

She lifted her shoulders and dropped them again. "I don't know what us is just yet. So it depends."

I shook my head. "Okay well. It doesn't affect us now. So, let's keep it that way. Don't tell me yet. Let's just, have a good night."

She nodded. "Okay."

I half smiled, her news still lingering in the back of my mind. If her mother responded by kicking her out of her house and fighting with her, how am I going to respond?

I brushed the scary thought away when I watched Lilly walk towards table for more wine.

She walked like a gentle summer breeze.

Gracefully.

I caught up to her, grabbing her waist and pulling her in before she could even get to the table. I took her glass and set it down.

"Tom!" She laughed softly. Holding my arm, still wrapped around her.

"There is something, I've been wanting to do... Ever since I saw you." I whispered into her ear.

"And what is that Mr. Hiddleston?" She said. Turning her head so that she could see me, standing behind her, holding her close.

"Dance with me." I said.

She smiled warmly. As I loosened my grip of her.

She turned around and wrapped her arms around my neck. "I would love to dance with you."

I hummed a slow tune. Whatever came to mind. And we moved slowly to the beat.

Our bodies worked in sync. Dancing together.

I knew she could dance, I knew it. And I loved it. I loved every second of it. Feeling her so close to me. Holding her, as if I were protecting her from everything around us. That was where I was meant to be. With her, holding her, protecting her. It felt right. It felt perfect.

"Ferris wheels." I said softly. As we continued dancing.

She looked up, into my eyes. "What?"

"Ferris wheels. They never meant anything to me. Until you came along. Now, whenever I see one, whenever I think of one. I think of you. To me, ferris wheels have 'Lilly' written all over them."

She grinned. "Ferris wheels. Ferris wheels and roses."

"And dancing on rooftops." I added, smiling.

She giggled softly. "And dancing on rooftops." She repeated. "Those are just our things."

Sorry for the late update! I had it all done yesterday, but my laptop broke and the chapter didn't save! Hope this chapter was worth the wait! Sorry again, love you guys♥ If you read my previous story, you know I LOVE adding metaphors. Roses are a metephor. 'Even though the rose isn't brand new, she still holds on'... Just keep that in mind. Along with ferris wheels (: thanks again guys! Look out for metaphors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 631 113
Emily Visser, 21, leaves Switzerland to move to London for a few months to try to put her life back together. She meets Tom Hiddleston, 40 years old...
3.1K 158 14
Hazel has been a fan of Tom Hiddleston since she first saw him in theaters during the first Thor film. Ever since she followed him on his socials and...
723K 28.5K 42
"Its not a matter of finding the person you were meant to be with, but a matter of waiting to find each other." After breaking up with her boyfriend...
35.6K 1K 25
Fan Fiction of you and Tom Hiddleston Your best friends surprise you with Comic Con tickets. A fun day with friends turns into something more than yo...