Secrets

Summer felt more and more longer as we headed into early July. To be quite honest. It was much more different than any of my other summers. Summers had usually been just another season for me. Another month to keep working. Another month of possibilities.

Although there was one thing I had this particular summer. And that was Lilly. With her, came  something I had never really had before. A relationship.

Lilly didn't think of summer as any other season. She thought of it as, special. She always found a way to celebrate everything. Maybe it was because she was from America. Because on July fourth, she made me go with her to celebrate Independence Day. Can you see the irony in this? I mean, I'm from England.

But the funny thing about it was. She really didn't have to drag me anywhere. She didn't have to force me. I was just always willing. I took any chance I could to be in her presence. Keeping in mind of the promise I made her to make this summer, perfect. As perfect as we push ourselves to make it.

We celebrated the Fourth of July at a popular park in London. Lilly told me how when she was a child, summers at the beach house were the most joyful memory. So I took her to the closest body of water I could. It may have not been an ocean. But it was a lake. It was a body of water.

That was the best I could do, I mean, we were in London. But, she did love it.

As long as I saw that smile. Or that look of surprise, I was content.

It was always... well. I don't really have a word to explain what I felt when I was with her. Spontaneous. Crazy. Both of those words came as understatements. Every day came another new thing she wanted to do. And I was always right next to her. Ready for whatever.

Lilly was my lovely distraction from something I should have been focusing on at that time. Acting.

That month, my agent had sent over part of the script for the movie he wanted me to play lead in. I didn't think much of it. Because I knew hundreds of other guys were going for the same part. Guys with more experience. So I didn't bother mentioning it to Lilly when I went to try out. It was a long shot.

She had her own things to deal with too. She had been trying to see her mother more. Her mother lived in London. And she was always close with her. So every now and then she'd call and tell me that she could'nt go out with me that day. And I understood. Reconnecting with her mum was a priority.

Anyways, it really surprised me when I got a call back from the audition. Saying that they wanted me to come back. That was good news. If they want you back, they usually want you because they saw something in you. Something different. Something that stood out.

 At that point I knew this could actually happen. This could be my big break. So I finally told Lilly the night I got the news.

It was sort of depressing that I had to tell her though the phone. But I couldn't wait much longer. I did'nt want to wait any longer.

"Tom that's great! Oh I'm so happy for you. When is the next audition?" She asked.

"In 3 weeks. I get the next script this week. And I have three weeks to nail my lines. Its so crazy how fast this is happening." I said. Still completely star struck.

"Well, you deserve this. You're great at what you do. You'll nail it no matter what." She said, almost in a whisper through the phone. It was'nt until then that I realized she had been whispering throughout our whole conversation.

I smiled. "Thanks Lil." Then I just had to ask. "Is there a reason, as to why you are whispering?"

I heard a soft giggle through the phone, as she continued to whisper. "My moms asleep. And the house has thin walls."

"Does she know about me?" I asked out of genuine curiosity.

Lilly laughed. "No. I haven't really had the chance to tell her much. I haven't even told her about me dropping out yet."

My eyes widened. "Lilly! Well than what have you been talking about?"

"I've been telling her about the amazing summer I've been having so far." Lilly answered.

I grinned. "Oh really? Amazing?"

Lilly whispered once again. "Amazing. Because my boyfriend is making it amazing."

"Who's this boyfriend guy? Do I need to have a little talk with him?" I said jokingly.

Lilly laughed. "Yeah. You may need to rough him up a bit. He sometimes thinks he's funny."

I laughed along with her. And when our laughs began to silence. I began to whisper like her. "Are you really having a good time with me?"

"Yes, Tom. I am. This, thing that we have. Its pretty wonderful." She said.

I smiled. "Yeah, I think so too." I sighed at the feeling I began to have. I missed her. Talking with her on the phone, wasn't good enough. Even though I had only gone about a day and a half without seeing her. It felt weird. She became my daily company. "When can I see you again?" The question sort of came out as a little bit of a whine.

She laughed. "Soon. I will call you tomorrow and we'll plan something for the weekend. There are just some things I have to, talk about, with my mom first. But I promise I'm yours this weekend."

"Okay i'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight Lil." I said, still whispering like her.

She whispered back sweetly. "Goodnight Tom."

It may sound like we were so, familiar with each other. I mean with the "I'm yours" and the "when can I see you". But the odd thing was, nothing too drastic happened yet. If you know what I mean. We were taking it slow.

I was going by Lilly's body language. And judging by that, we weren't really ready for anything along those lines.

When I walked her home each night, up to her apartment, she'd kiss me goodnight. That 'goodnight' kiss usually lasted about 40 minutes. Because everytime we actually wanted to say goodnight. We'd kiss one more time. But never the less... we had never went any further. It was always in the hallway, and it always ended in the hallway.

It didn't affect me, That's not really what I was looking for in this relationship. My main goal in this, was to figure her out. Learn all of her secrets. Know her like no one else can. So when the time was right, it would happen. I was patient.

All I knew was, I had never felt this way before. And I wanted the feeling to last as long as possible. With her... being my girl.

Happy Birthday Tom Hiddleston! This chapter is dedicated to you...Scratch that... ALL the chapters in all of my stories, are dedicated to you! Love you babe! x.Ashley