Temporary

It's crazy how one little thing in such a big world, could mean so much. One little kiss. One tiny 20-second moment of pure happiness.

I'm acting as if the President was just shot. Like it's that big of a deal.

I know it may have not been a big deal to most people. To kiss a girl you liked.

But me. I acted like I was kissing an angel. Because on so many levels, I was positive that's what she was.

And I was so sure that when I left her that night, when we exchanged numbers and kissed goodnight, I was so sure I'd see her immediately. Like she'd call the next day, and she'd tell me to meet her at the coffee shop. Or at Patterson's Peddles.

I thought for sure, I'd be able to get to know this mysterious girl a little more.

She didn't call. And after the first week. I gave up playing the waiting game, and I decided to call her.

5 calls. 3 voicemails.

Every time I called, every time the phone rang, over and over without a single hello, I think I gave up a little more.

My voicemails were long and they sounded like they came from some immature little boy. I had this whole sheech I would want to say through the phone, and once I heard the beep... Everything just blanked.

I remember one of them going something like this... "Hey Lilly. Its Tom. Hiddleston. We went on a date, you know that. I know that you know that. I'm not trying to point out the obvious or anything. I just wanted to see what was- going on? How are you? Yeah. Call me soon.  If you want. I'm not forcing you to call or anything. I just, I'd like to hear your voice. Not in a creepy way or anything. I just like your voi- I enjoy our chats. Our talks. Yeah okay, talk to you later bye.

Pathetic. I know.

But the point is, she never called back. And it affected me.

It just, didn't make sense to me. Her not calling.

When she first met me, she thought I was going to be one of those guys, that use her and then never call. Just forget we ever met.

She hates those kinds of people, so why would she be one of those people.

It didn't add up.

And I kept making excuses for her. She had to have a reason why she wasn't getting in touch.

-

-

I put the whole Lilly thing on the back-burner, after the third week of not seeing or hearing from her.

Even though I told myself not to let her distract me, that's all she did. She was always on my mind.