Everything You Never Had

By MopmopGasDrOp

You're a young ambitious photographer. For the last few months you've been busy working on your own project... More

Surprise
Deep breaths
This is it
Preperations
Let's do this
Dinnertime
Passion
Private lesson
Impact
Nursing
Blissful feeling
Bragging rights
Playing dress up
Full devotion
Fragility
Work of art
Sunday morning
Confession
Night in
Conflicted
Shared feelings
Spiraling down
Recognition
Truthful
Eternally memorized
Make-believe
Brief visit
Wave of shock
Take a break
City's charm
Open up
Unanswered
Coursing home
Phony promise
Twisted game
Silence is bliss
Forever loved

Wise words

6.1K 260 142
By MopmopGasDrOp

Noah stays with you for the rest of the evening and returns the next day, which he also spends taking care of you. After two nights of rest, you feel better. Your bruises are still felt, but the continuous headaches have stopped. At noon, Noah and you will head to work. You'll shoot for three days straight, since you missed a day.

You're about to pack up some stuff in the car, when Noah stops you. He motions his arms to the stuff that's in your arms. "Let me, please."

"Thanks, but I can handle." Knowing his concern makes you chuckle.

"Alright, be careful." He tells you, still protective.

After you've successfully packed the stuff in the car, you get behind the wheel and you and Noah are off to the Blanchett residents.
__________

Two hours later, Noah's job is done and Cate heads towards you, outside. The weather is lovely, so it's convenient to take the shoot outdoors. A perfect environment for your concept of today. You're just done with setting things up, when you see the blonde woman walking towards you. You pleasingly smile when she heads your way, observing her in the meanwhile. She wears a see-through, futuristic-like coat with a loose pear of trousers. Her messy hair is whirled even messier by the wind, and her face is natural and glowing.

"You look great." You say, when she's at speaking distance.

"Really? I feel like I'm in a sciencefiction movie." She jokingly says.

You both laugh at her comment, after which you speak again. "Alright, so todays plan. Luminosity."

"Captivating." She tells you in an drawn voice.

"I thought so." You assuredly say. "I want to see you inspired."

"I'm all for it. Tell me where to stand." You notice the enthusiasm in her voice, which transfers onto you.

"Riiight...." -you grab hold of her arm and gently drag her to the acquired spot- "here." You take a few steps back and look at her standing in position. "Perfect."

Cate chuckles at your deliberate settlement to the right spot. "Great."

With the camera in hand, you begin your questionnaire. "When do you feel most charged up?"

A smile begins to form on her lips. "It might sound really middle-aged," She begins. "but I love a good afternoon snooze."

"You do now?" You lightheartily respond.

"Totally. Preferably with a good pair of cashmere pyjamas." She adds.

"So if I would provide a bed and hand over a pair of cashmere pyjamas-"

"You found the way to my heart." She interups and finishes your sentence.

You both laugh after which you add "Good to know." before you ask your next question. "What gets you motivated?"

She thinks for a moment, deciding upon a good answer. "I love a challenge." She begins. "Something to work towards. The strive for those things which ultimately will define parts of your life."

With full interest, you listen to what she has to say. "Have you had challenges that you weren't able to overcome?"

"There are things in which I don't succeed, yes. But that mustn't be something that should hold you back. It's like..." She tries to come up with the right words to say. "It's like a brick wall. They're there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. They are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough."

You lower the camera that hangs around your neck and speak out your astonishment. "Wow..." When you're remembered of your job, you lift the camera to your face. "Look into the lens, please." You request.

Cate does as you say, and you shoot some amazing pictures. "Wonderful.", "Brilliant.", "Gorgeous." are some of the words you lively say whilst pressing your button.

After questioning Cate some more, you quickly go through some of the shots. None of them speak so much luminosity, as the pictures that you've shot at the beginning.

"I think if got it." You look pleasingly up to Cate.

She satisfyingly smiles. "Can you show me some?"

"No way."

"What? Why not?" She asks disappointed.

"I won't reveal anything until the art gallery." You explain. "So you better attend."

"Oh I will now." She says in an upbeat tone.

"Good." A pleasing smile covers your face. "You wanna head inside and give Noah some company? I'll clear all this stuff out." You motion towards the equipment stalled out on the lawn.

She turns around towards the house whilst speaking. "Alright, see you in a bit." After a few steps, she turns her head. "You did great."

You begin to smile. "No good photographer without anyone compelling before the camera."

She timidly returns a smile and heads for the house. You look down at your device again and scroll through the shots, until you stumble upon the right picture. The shot is dynamic and the blue-eyed woman looks radiant. Showing pure luminosity.

__________

Next day is quick to arrive. Since today and tomorrow will also be shooting days, Cate suggested to leave your camera equipment at her place. You agreed, which saves you the burden of dragging all your stuff along. After a conventional morning - getting up, going for a run, showering and getting ready - Noah and you are on your way.

Once arrived, you are again greeted by the gracious woman at the door. A hug that used to feel inappropriate, now feels evident. You've always been an affectionate, touchy person, so the hugs you receive make you feel good. There is something, however, that separates Cate's hugs from any other. The way your bodies entangle, even for a brief moment, feels right. The alluring scent of her lingering parfum, the way her hair brushes against your neck, and how her hands rest delicately on your back.

"Ready for another day?" You ask, your head resting on her shoulder.

"You bet." Her voice sounds rich and voluminous just behind your ears.
__________

About an hour later, you're standing in the living room. You've set all of the equipment that was left overnight, in the right position. A slight shock rushes over you when you're taken aback by the sudden voice that sounds behind you.

"All done." The warm, deep voice belongs to Cate.

You turn around to look at the woman that just spoke. She wears a loose fitted, dark toned, velvety suit. Her hair is swept back and forms a messy bun at the back of her head. The space around her eyes is slightly darkened, unlike the paleness of her lips. Noah did it again. This is what you've invisioned.

You can't help but smile and be enthralled at the woman who's walking towards you. "Stunning once again."

"I know right?" She cheekily agrees. "Now let's get going."

You're fascinated by her confidence. "Right. I need you to sit." You say, motioning to the chair that is set up before a black screen.

After she sits herself down, you begin to explain todays emotion: defeat. You tell her that this is something completely different then yesterday, and the days before that, but she seems ready, so you begin.

Different questions are to be asked like "What has broken you?", "Is there something you're still holding on to?" and "Is it time to let go?". They all seem right, because the emotions she shows, matches precisely to your vision. She captivates you with her answers, like a magic charm. Pure wisdom flows out of her.

In between your moments of astonishment, you luckily remember to focus on your photography. Afterwards, you're left with some amazing shots. Deciding to take a look at them at home, you spend the rest of the afternoon talking with Noah and Cate. Mainly discussing tomorrow. The day will start a little later, because you need the children to be home to realise your idea.

It's just before 5 p.m. when the frontdoor opens, revealing four wondrous youthful faces, followed by Andrew.

The kids come running at you. "Y/N and Noah!" You hear in excitement.

It's Edith who comes crawling on your lap, which makes you heartily chuckle. Her innocent big eyes meet yours. "Are you staying?"

With a melting heart, how could you say no? But, you have to. "I'm sorry dear, not today." The large, clear eyes lose focus.

You're quick to add the following sentence, not wanting to be the cause of a child saddened. "I will tomorrow though."

She looks at you again with hopeful eyes. "I'll come for dinner, and we can go outside again." You begin. "You didn't think it would be a one time thing, right?"

She giggles, and the kids head upstairs. While Andew puts a couple of groceries in the fridge, you say your farewells. "Bye Andrew."

He turns around startled at your sudden voice, which makes you smile. "I'll see you tomorrow." He gives you an inviting smile.

After Cate has walked the both of you out, you make your way back home. Once home, you have a hard time waiting for tomorrow to check the pictures you've shot. You give in, grab your camera and go to your office. After plugging the sd card in the slot, you scroll through all the pictures. You're reminded by the wondrous words that Cate shared with you this afternoon.

"I believe that everybody goes through both good and bad times in their past. Holding on to good memories is never harmful but holding on to bad memories is just detrimental. That doesn't mean we have to forget it completely. We just have to remember what we have learnt from those rough times so that we don't repeat those mistakes again."

You settle on one shot, and go directly into editing. After mending it to your style, you gaze at the shot for a few moment. Her defeated face says it all.

A moment of starstruck goes through you. Having the opportunity to work together with Cate, and it being absolutely miraculous. Dream and reality, joined together without a seam.

A/N

Thanks for reading yet again another chapter! I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions, so please, feel to comment!! I always love to read them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 1.4K 28
CATE X FEMME READER (Since i started this story my writing has improved so later chapters are better written.. so bare with me and try to push thro...
4.2K 171 25
Every spring, flowers bloom. Since it is spring, many people tend to buy flowers such as roses and sunflowers. But a woman's favorite flower is diffe...
5.9K 248 21
Y/n is a 25-year-old woman completing a master's in fine arts in NYC where she meets her male best friend, who then turns into something more. This g...
159K 6.1K 34
You recently moved just outside London, you couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Cate love on stage, little do you know just how much of a live ex...