I Miss You (Klaus Mikaelson)

By Floyd__

She was the angel in his nightmare, the angelic face of Klaus' one true love, ripped away from him countless... More

01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
Author's Note
28. AU
29. AU
Epilogue. AU

26.

18.9K 411 74
By Floyd__

Layla walked down the stairs, her hair a mess, Klaus' shirt hung loosely off of her shoulders. Small bruises formed up her thighs from Klaus' hands, love marks made there way up her neck.

"Good morning love." Klaus said as he looked up for his easel.

Layla responded with a yawn, "Good morning."

She walked over to him, getting a peak of his painting. He turned his head, giving her a small kiss on her cheek. She placed her hand on the back of his neck, kissing him on the lips passionately. He grinned under the kiss and picked her up gracefully and setting her on a table. There hands roamed each others bodies.

They were interrupted when someone cleared thee throat behind them. Layla sighed as she looked over at the doorway to see Rebekah.

"What took you so long?" He asked her.

"Alaric didn't want to hand over the stake." She smirked, as she showed them it in her hands, "Luckily I'm quite the charmer."

"That's it?" Klaus asked.

"The last of the white oak stakes that can kill us." She said, "Do you want to do the honors or shall I?"

Klaus unwrapped himself from Layla and took the stake from her. He threw it into the fireplace, letting the flames flare up around it.

"Well that's that then." Rebekah mumbled.

"Pack your bags, we're leaving." Klaus told both of the girls.

"Today?" Rebekah asked.

"Why not?" He questioned, "There's nothing keeping us here. We'll grab the doppelgänger and be off by sunset."

"But tonight is the decade dance." Rebekah whined.

"So?"

"So, I'm head of the committee, we have to go."

"I'm not going to any dance." Klaus said, wrapping an arm around Layla, once more.

Layla placed a hand on his chest, "Come on Nik, one last high school dance for me?"
Klaus didn't respond.

"Please, I have big plans for tonight. Just go for me and Layla." Rebekah pleaded.

"Okay, fine. One last hoorah." He replied with a sigh.

Rebekah smirked, "One last hoorah, Nik."
*****************
Layla walked into gym, going straight to Caroline and Elena. Caroline was currently in charge, a clipboard in hand. Rebekah was no where to be see.

"Hey." Caroline smiled as she saw Layla.

"Sorry I was late." Layla mumbled.

"Klaus keeping you occupied?" She smirked.

Layla blushed, "Everything that has happened with Alaric, it's a good thing."

Caroline smiled sadly. "So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, why is that a bad thing?"

"I just... I wish there was something I could do." Layla mumbled.

Elena picked up a chandelier. "Where do you want me to hang this thing?"

"You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrousity she should have shown up to do it herself." Caroline said passing it off to another student,

"Just no!" Layla grinned before spotting Matt and Jeremy hanging us stars in the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" Rebekah yelled up to them, "You can't just hang them! They're supposed to trickle down."

"Trickle, duh!" Matt snorted to Jeremy, causing him to laugh.

Layla smiled, when she saw Jeremy. She was happy he was home and not in Denver. "Look at them all bromancy." Layla commented.

"Yeah I asked Matt to help Jeremy readjust. He got him his old job back at the grill." Elena said.

"That was nice of him."

"Jeremy has got a lot on his mind. The whole thing with Alaric has got him really stressed out." Elena said sadly.

Layla frowned, knowing it was hard for Alaric. He was like a father to her, and she couldn't lose him.

"You sure it has nothing to do with witnessing you and Damon getting hot and heavy in a skeevy motel?" Caroline asked

"I didn't tell you that so you could torture me with it." Elena mumbled.

Layla's eyes widened, "Why did you do that for? You can't keep leading him on, you can't keep hurting him."

Caroline elbowed Layla, "Be nice."

"Fine." Layla mumbled crossing her arms across her chest.

"So who are you bringing to the dance?" Caroline asked.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked, "I thought you, Bonnie and I were going as girl dates."

"Hm, Bonnie has a date."

"What?" Elena asked.

"Jamie called and wanted to see her so she asked him." Layla told her.

Elena nodded, "Hmm."

"So here's a thought, why don't you ask Stefan?" Caroline suggested.

Elena sighed, "I can't ask him on a date, I just made out with his brother."

"All the more reason!" Caroline exclaimed, "Look you're supposed to be figuring out what you want, that's what Stefan wanted you to do, right?"

"Yeah, but-"

"But nothing! I've watched The Bachelor, okay? Fair is fair. It is Stefan's turn." Caroline said.

"Yeah and you're not biased or anything." Layla rolled her eyes.

"I'm sorry, but Stefan is your epic love. And I'm not going down without a fight." Caroline said crossing her arms.
************
Layla stood in her bedroom at her house. It seemed like ages since she has been here last. Nothing has changed, her pictures still hung on her wall crooked, her posters torn at the corners. Her seemingly endless collection of books in a bin at the foot of her bed.

She stopped at the small burn marks at the foot of her bed. When she was fourteen her and Caroline smokes there first cigarette. Caroline wasn't able to hold it down and dropped it on her wooden floor,leaving a mark.

And at her window, where she had to climb a tree in order to get into her house, what seemed a million years ago. It was freshman year and she snuck out to got to a party that she has no business attending. The night happened and she got blackout drunk. The only part she remembered was Matt helping her into her bedroom window and holding her hair as she puked in the toilet.

She sighed at all the memories she had here, and just like that she was leaving. It wasn't right to just pick up and leave, she could at least finish high school, but it felt so right. It felt so right to be with Klaus. It felt right to be with his family, because they were her family. Her family was dead, after her siblings died her parents did nothing but fight. Once the roof was gone she could live, but once the foundation went, it was unfixable.

Her life has been a hot mess since her brother and sister died. Then her parents constant fighting, and eventually there death. Then the business with the supernatural then this dammed curse. She couldn't get a break.

She looked into her mirror, dressed for the dance. It looks like she stepped out of one of Gatsby's parties. Her dress was a white flapper dress with a beaded bodice. Strands of long pearls hang from her neck (curtesy of Klaus). Her lips were painted red, and eye makeup perfect. Her sparkly headband was placed carefully around her pinned up curls.

Layla smiled at her reflection, loving what she was seeing.
**************
Layla walked into the gym, the party was in full swing with lots of students, dancing and music. Layla spotted Bonnie and Jamie, Stefan and Elena, Jeremy and a girl she recognized from history, and Caroline and Tyler. The only person she didn't see dancing was Matt, who was restocking the drink table with ice.

Layla walked up to him and slightly mugged his side. "Hey Matty."

He gave her a smile. "Hey Layla, I didn't think you would be coming."

Layla shrugged. "It isn't everyday I can dress up like Daisy Buchanan."

Matt chuckled, "I barely remember that movie, I was drunk."

Layla grinned at the memory of there Netflix marathon. During that day they both got drunk and Layla made him, watch the Great Gatsby.

"Speaking of drunk." Layla muttered reaching into her purse for a silver flask, "A little present to get you through the night."

Matt ripped the flask out of her hand, "You are a saint Layla Kinney."

"Anytime Matthew Donavan."

Matt picked up two cups, pouring the alcohol into each. "Bottoms up." Matt said before they both gulped there drink down.

"Now that we have some alcohol in our system, why don't we dance?" Layla suggested.

Matt smiled, "Deal." He lead her out onto the dance flor and placed a hand on the small of her back. They took each others hands and began to sway to the slow song that was playing.

"You know, I get memories sometimes of the 20's. They seemed pretty cool." Layla told him.

Matt sighed, "This curse that is on you...how much longer?"

"I don't know." Layla told him sadly, "It could be a few more weeks"

Matt frowned, "I hate this. I hate that vampires just walked into our town."

Layla frowned. "It's not the vampires that did this to me, the curse would have done it's magic and I would find my way to Klaus anyway."

Matt frowned at Layla. "I'm sorry this had to happen to you. I always imagined you somewhere else, a big city, maybe Seattle living your life and getting married to some hipster dude."

Layla chuckled. "Very funny Matt."

Matt looked up from Layla and stared down the person who just entered the gym.

"Who is it Matt?" Layla asked looking back behind him. Her game fell upon Klaus who was walking up to them. He looked like Mr. Jay Gatsby himself. He was wearing a white suite and his hair slicked back from his face.

"Do you mind if I cut in mate?" He asked Matt.

He nodded before passing Layla off to him. Matt said a quick good bye before leaving. Klaus took her to the middle of the gym, placing his arms around her waist and there hands laced with one another.

"You loved the 20's." Klaus told her, "The girls were reckless, sexy, fun. They literally used to dance until they dropped."

Layla smiled. "I remember some. They are coming back slightly. I could tell I liked that decade."

Klaus spun her, catching her in his arms again. "You look stunning by the way."

Layla smiled at him. "You don't look so bad yourself."

"So where do we want to go when we leave?" Klaus asked her.

"Anywhere. Take me wherever you desire."

"I'll take you everywhere love." Klaus whispered in her ear.

Layla frowned, "How much time do I have left?"

"I will fix it." Klaus told her, "I will fix everything."

Layla placed her hand behind his head, "I will be fine Nik, I promise."

Klaus shook his head, "No I will not let you die again Layla!"

"Nik, you have to let me go, you have to understand that I am going to die, you have to accept the fact. And if you won't just leave and don't take me with. I can't hurt you again!" Layla yelled at him slipping out of his grip.

Klaus watched as she slipped away from him, going outside. He hated seeing her like this. He hated she she was upset. She was all he had left.

Klaus followed her outside and saw her standing at the bottom of the steps of the school. "Layla." he sighed.

She turned around to face him. "What?"

"I'm sorry love I can't loose you again."

"You fill my head with possibilities. You make me think that there is a chance that I can live. But we both know there is not."

Klaus rested his head on her shoulder, placing kiss down her neck. "Let's get out of here."

Layla's breath hitched in her throat. She was unable to speak. Klaus breath was icy against her skin. She nodded and took his hand guiding him away.

"Wait." Klaus stopped her. She noticed him looking at the ground.

"What is that?" Layla asked, looking at the salt line drawn onto the ground.

"Esther's back." Stefan said leaving the shadows.
***********
Bonnie sat on a desk in an empty classroom. Candles were lit around her as Damon, Stefan, Klaus, Layla, Jamie, and Jeremy stood around watching her.

"She does this all the time, right?" Jamie whispered to Jeremy. Jeremy chuckled and nodded his head in response.

"What's taking so long?" Klaus sighed in frustration, "All boundary spells have a loop hole."

Matt entered the room and looked at everyone, ""People are walking right out of the dance, past the barrier."

Matt, Layla, and I can leave, we can stop Esther ourselves." Jeremy said, "We just gotta find out where she is."

"It's suicide, Jeremy." Stefan told him.

Klaus looked at Layla standing beside Matt. "Layla is not going anywhere near my mother but..." He grabbed Jamie by the throat and began to strangle him. "Suicide would be disappointing me! Now work your magic, witch or I'll start killing people you fancy."

"Let him go!" Bonnie yelled.

Klaus shook his head. "Not until you get us out of here."

"Ah, don't be stupid, Klaus. Bonnie doesn't give a damn about us. The only reason she's helping us right now is to save Caroline and Tyler. You start killing the people she cares about, she'll tell us all to go to hell." Stefan told him.

Klaus let Jamie fall to the ground. Bonnie ran to him, making sure he was alright. Layla looked at Matt and Jeremy, who looked like they were ready to go. She wanted to go, she wanted answers from Esther.

"Nik, I'm going with Matt and Jeremy." Layla told him sternly.

"No you are staying here, and that is final." Klaus told her.

"No! I want to help, you can't keep me held hostage, I'm going with them." Before Klaus could say anything else, Layla was out of the classroom.
*******************
Bonnie took a map from the wall and laid it on the teachers desk. She turned on the lamp as Klaus and Damon entered. Klaus was out of his mind, all he could think about was Layla. He let her slip out again.

"Here." Damon said holding a vial of blood, "Jeremy made a little Gilbert blood donation for your locator spell."

"I have to do this with you two lurking over me?" Bonnie questioned.

"You're still mad at me for what happened to Abby." Damon sighed, "Let me apologize; I'm sorry Elijah forced us to turn your mother into a vampire to save Elena's life. Didn't exactly have a choice."

"There's always a choice. Whenever you make one someone else suffers."

"Let's cut the dramatics and begin, shall we?" Klaus asked, becoming more annoyed by the second.

Bonnie poured the blood onto the map and began chanting. The blood formed a circular pool that did not move. "Esther is fighting me." She said.

"Esther couldn't possibly have this much power. Unless she's channelling something." Klaus said.

"What about Layla?" Damon asked, "Sh channeled her before because her magic was still in her."

Klaus shook her head. "The last time Layla was channeled she was in bad shape, near death."

"A hotspot?" Bonnie suggested.

"Get the humans ready, I know where she is." Klaus said.
*************
Matt, Jeremy, and Layla walked quietly through the woods. Layla had a cross bow in her hand, Matt quickly showed her how to use one before hand. Layla was nervous, she was afraid of Esther. She put her fear deep down and replaced it with hatred she had toward Esther. She hated what she did to her a thousand years ago, she hated that she was the reason she was going to die. Klaus changed, he loved her, he would do anything for her.

"Ready?" Jeremy whispered to her.

Layla nodded and approached the tomb in the cemetery. Her feet felt heavy as she walked quietly, avoiding anything that could make noise. Her crossbow was pointed ready to fire. She could see Esther and Elena and another figure laying on the ground. She squinted her eyes to see who it was. She gasped once she realized who it was, Alaric. He was covered in blood. Layla gaped causing Esther to look up at the three of them.

"Don't move!" Matt yelled pointing his gun.

"Where's Elena?" Jeremy asked.

Elena came outside and saw her friends and brother. "Jeremy!"

"Let her go."

"How foolish of you, to risk your lives in defense of those who will kill you." Esther said, "But if that is your choice." Esther used her magic and made Matt, Jeremy, and Layla pint there weapons at each other.

"Matt! Matt drop your gun!" Layla yelled.

"I can't! I'm not controlling it!"

"Esther stop it!" Elena yelled.

"I think this is a dramatic way for Layla to go out, killed by her friends." Esther smiled viciously.

Layla's heart was racing. This was not how she wanted to go out, n it by the hands of her friends. She always thought it would be epic, with fireworks and class. Not in a cemetery with Matt's gun pointed at her. Layla looked over Esther's shoulder and saw Alaric run up and stab Esther. She was relieved to see him alive, she thought for sure he was dead.

"Oh my god." Alaric gasped, "Where's my ring? Tell me what happened."
**************
Jeremy and Layla stood at the crypt. Alaric was standing next to them, his arm wrapped around Layla's shoulder. Esther tried to turn him into a weapon, she turned him into a vampire with the powers of an original. "Damon's here. And Klaus took Esther's body." Layla whispered to the both of them.

"Does he know about the stake?" Alaric asked.

"No, only that she tried to turn you into a weapon and failed." Jeremy said, "What's going on?"

Alaric sighed, "Listen Jeremy, Layla, I'm not gonna complete the transition. My dark side was dangerous enough as a human. I can't be a vampire."

"So, what we're just gonna lock you in here and let you die? " Layla asked him tears in her eyes, "No, no we can't!"

"Listen, Layla, it's the right thing to do, okay? After everything that's happened, after all that I have done. Maybe I had it coming."

Jeremy had tears in his eyes as he turned and looked away.

"Hey, wait, Jer... Alaric this isn't your fault." Elena said. Jeremy turned around to look at his sister.

"Please, you guys let's not make this any harder than it already is. You two should go. Damon's here. He'll make sure it'll all go down the right way." Alaric said sadly.

Jeremy started to walk out, but Alaric stopped him. "Hey, hey..."

"Don't. Don't give me some crap speech about how I need to be the man of the house." Jeremy told him.

Alaric smiled slightly, "OK. I won't." Alaric embraced him in a hug before Jeremy walked out.

"This is all my fault." Elena cried. "You moved out, you gave me your ring back, you didn't want any part of this and I, I forced you to stay and take care of us."

"Don't do that, okay. Taking care of you and Jeremy and Layla has been-has been the closest I've ever come to the life I always wanted." Alaric comforted her.

Elena hugged Alaric, her tears freely flowing. "You should go."

Elena nodded and walked out. Alaric then looked at Layla, her eyes red and swollen. "It's okay Layla." He hugged her.

She shook her head. "No it's not. You don't deserve this. Don't leave me please."

Alaric shushed her. "I don't have a choice. If I stay I will become murderous like the day I stabbed you with that knife. I am so sorry I did that to you. I never wanted to."

"I forgive you." Layla whispered.

"I want you to know that I consider you as a daughter. And I love you very much. I am happy I was able to be your teacher, friend, and father figure. Promise you will take care of yourself. Promise me that you and Klaus will break your curse."

Layla nodded. "I promise Ric. But if it doesn't work, I guess I will be seeing you on the other side."

Alaric nodded. "Goodbye Layla, I love you."

"Goodbye Ric, I love you too." Layla got up and gave Alaric one last look before leaving the crypt in tears.

Once she left the tomb Alaric follows her. A gathering of people were outside the tomb holding candles. Alaric smiled a little. Layla walked beside Damon and buried her face in his jacket. Alaric began to tear up but finally closed the door of the tomb, saying his last goodbyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.8K 370 36
As Klaus was coming to Mystic Falls for the thing he wanted most Elena Gilbert, the doppelgänger. The one thing that will unlock his curse to become...
71.6K 1.5K 31
[BOOK 3 OF THE VALERIA SALVATORE SERIES] "I'm not the girl I once was. You have no idea what I can do"
801K 18.7K 32
[Completed] "I could love the devil as long as that devil loves me as much as he loves Hell" Evangeline Salvatore returns to Mystic Falls to see her...
Run By janedoe

Fanfiction

39.8K 902 34
Run! Run faster! Quick! No matter how fast I run I can never catch her. Niklaus Mikaelson chases the same girl in every dream for a millennium. Whe...