My Rejected Heart

By soccerluv4

Arianna Mitchell has always been the pack's most hated werewolf. Everyone picked on her, everyone hated her... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note!

Chapter 19

16K 432 7
By soccerluv4

Hey guys! I know its been so long since I've uploaded! I've been really trying to get stuff done, but school is really stressing me out right now, and I've had holiday plans and stuff getting in the way....Anyway, I decided to upload these next two chapters as a gift to all of you!(:

Enjoy, comment, vote, fan!(:

**************************************************************************************

Pushing my food around my plate, I thought silently at the past few events that had been happening. Zane was still missing, I rarely saw Drew anymore because of his constant work at protecting the pack, and I just felt like crap. All this was my fault, no matter what Drew said.

“Hey sweetheart,” Drew kissed my head from behind and slid into the seat next to me. I smiled at him, though it was pretty forced on my account.

Drew sighed, before he grabbed my hands and forced me to face him.

“Baby, I’m really sorry for all of this. I know I’ve been neglecting you, and I should’ve at least let you stay with me. I’m so sorry, I just—“

I just smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

“It’s not your fault Drew. You’re doing the best you can,”

“But it’s not enough Ari. That bastard is still out there with Zane and I can’t even track him! And you’re his next target. If I wasn’t so stupid in focusing on my work, I would’ve remembered to protect you!”

Closing his eyes, Drew rested his head on my neck and inhaled deeply. I could see him relax visibly, his eyes now a more liquid bluish grey than a smoldering dark grey. Cupping his face in my hands, I gave him a slow kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck as he deepened it.

“Ehem, Alpha?”

Pulling away, we saw one of Drew’s enforcers, Dean, looking away with a blush on his face.

Drew grunted annoyingly, and sat back in his seat.

“Yes Dean?”

“Some of our trackers found something and they want you to look at it,”

Smiling lightly, I pushed Drew up. Go I told him through our mindlink.

You sure?  He questioned back. I nodded my head.

I faced my breakfast again, but still void of any appetite, I picked it up and put my dishes away.

I walked up to mine and Drew’s room and shut the door. After everything that’s been happening, I was physically and emotionally drained. Deciding a nap would be good for me, I snuggled up into the sheets and closed my eyes.

Picking up a purple orchid, I smiled at it before skipping back to mommy.

“Mommy, mommy look at what I found!”

“It’s a beautiful flower Arianna, just like you,” she smiled at me and picked me up.

“Can I keep it mommy?”

“Of course you can sweetheart,”

Walking back towards our home, I smiled at the flower in my hand and looked back at mommy. She smiled down at me, kissing me on the cheek and tucking my hair behind my ear.

******

“Hey sweety, how you feeling?” Sitting on the edge of my bed, mommy brought in some soup and an extra blanket. I hated being sick, but mommy always took good care of me.

“I still feel a little tired,” I frowned, as another wave of coughs hit me.

“Drink this, it’ll make you feel better” Giving me a reassuring smile, she kissed my forehead and stood up.

“Mommy, I hate being sick,” My eyes welled with tears.

“Oh baby, it’s gonna be okay. I promise,” she cooed, wrapping her arms around me in a comforting hug.

Pulling away, she looked over at my window sill, where my flower sat in its pot.

“You remember this flower, don’t you?” I nodded my head.

“Well this flower is a special flower. It gives you strength,”

“Really?” I asked in wonder, staring at the blooming vibrant orchid.

“It does, and it will help you get better,” she whispered.

“Why mommy?”

“Because, the flower is like you. It’s filled with light, and no matter how bad times get, the flower is always up and standing. It’s proud, and makes you smile. Keep it with you, and you’ll always remember how strong you are. It’s your light.”

Smiling at me, she got up and walked towards the door. I snuggled into my blankets, her thoughts on my mind. My eyes grew droopy and soon I was fast asleep. Just before leaving, she stopped and turned towards me.

“Your strength is the light you shine against the dark” she whispered to the air, unbeknownst to the fact that I heard what she said.

That phrase echoed into my mind as I drifted off, her words as soothing as a blanket. But I didn’t know how important those words meant, till they were the only thing I had to hang on to.

My head pounded as I woke up from my dream. I remembered that day vividly. My mother had said those words as if she knew some kind of warning would involve me in it.

Those words, so little, yet so powerful to me. After she’d passed away, I always hung on to those words. They gave me comfort; they showed me that I could be strong if I wished. My dad, the pack, and the feeling of loneliness gave me no choice but to accept those words as a mantra.

I didn’t know why I dreamt of my mom, but this dream was so vivid to me, almost as if somebody was projecting it into my brain. I felt like I wasn’t in control, like somebody telepathically sent me it.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts. Sighing, I got up and answered. A guard stood there and bowed at me.

“Hello Luna, Drew has called you down to his office”

I nodded, and he gestured for me to walk ahead. I smiled politely and walked down towards his office. When I got there, there was some faint noises coming. It kinda sounded like arguing.

Knocking swiftly on the door, the guard announced our presence to the people inside.

“Come in” I head Drew’s anxious voice. Why was he so nervous?

Upon entering, I saw three men who looked like trackers.

“What’s this about?” I asked to Drew.

“Ari, our trackers found something...unusual at the edge of our territory. They want me to go verify it, but I think it’s best if you come along,”

Looking at his eyes, I could see the hopefulness in them. I was momentarily stunned. Was this the same Drew that, maybe a few days ago, would’ve practically yanked his hair out in anger at the idea of me leaving the house? What made him change his mind?

“Okay,” I said.

He nodded towards the trackers, who walked out the door to lead us.

I don’t want you moving an inch from my side. This is dangerous. Just stay by my side and don’t move anywhere unless told to.

And ladies and gentlemen, the protective mate is back. Rolling my eyes, I nodded back.

Does it look like I want to be rogue snack?  I replied back, snarkily.

I saw him flinch from my side and tense. I bit my lip. Maybe I shouldn’t have been so snappy with him. But who could blame me? This whole situation was too crazy. It was my entire damn fault and I couldn’t do anything about it.

Ignoring the jab, I walked with my eyes ahead.

We crossed the lawn, where the trackers shifted and waited for us. I was about to shift when Drew stopped me.

He shifted quickly and, with his snout, nudged my body towards his back. Rolling my eyes again, I climbed up and clutched his fur.

We ran swiftly, and in a matter of minutes, we were by the border’s edge.

The trackers changed back and dressed quickly while I averted my eyes.

Climbing off of Drew, I again looked away as he quickly pulled on a pair of shorts the tracker gave him. Looking back, I couldn’t help but blush a little. I was surrounded by 4 hot men, only in shorts. Mind you, I was a teenage girl with hormones for crying out loud!

But in an instant, everything became serious as the trackers waved a hand towards me. I walked closer towards them, but was still careful to stay by Drew’s side like he told me.

In the distance, I could see a small patch of dirt in the middle of lush grass. Hm, that was strange? Why would anybody plant something here?

Walking closer, I let out a strangled gasp as I saw what was planted there.

In the middle of the rectangular patch of dirt, was a purple orchid. Underneath were 10 words I never thought I would see ever again:

“Your strength is the light you shine against the dark”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969 21 37
This book is for all the girls who want to be an angel in the street but a hellion beneath the sheet. Prepared to be treated like a good girl, but fu...
40.6K 1.7K 25
Elizabeth 'Lizzy' Razor never thought that an overly possessive alpha would kidnap her and her best friends from outside a suburban mall parking lot...
666K 21.4K 40
Elaheh Wright's world is turned upside down when she gets captured by her brother's enemy. Aleksy Kai's very name inspires fear in people's hearts. I...
111K 5K 38
*Sequel to ENEMY OF MY PACK. *not edited. Being a werewolf sucked but being a werewolf daughter to a human mother sucked even more. Ariana Peterso...