The Devil In I (Danganronpa X...

By stuntdoubleofbobross

Y/N L/N, the Ultimate Daemonologist, has been invited to join the prestigious Hope's Peak Academy. Little did... More

Prologue- Me and my Daemon
Chapter 1 - First Impressions
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Despair
Chapter 3 - First Days of Despair (Part 1)
Chapter 4 - First Days of Despair (Part 2)
Chapter 5 - Death of an Idol
Chapter 6 - The First Class Trial
Chapter 7 - Revelation
ERMMM EXCUSE ME?!
Chapter 9 - The (Ten) Million Dollar Question
Question
Chapter 9.5 - The King and Queen of Despair
Chapter 10 - The Creator and the Compass
B has a Seizure
Chapter 11 - The Traitor in the Ranks
Chapter 12 - Death of a Warrior
Chapter 13 - The Trial of Sakura Ogami
Chapter 14 - 100 Mile Dash; Pain of a Junk Food Junkie!
Chapter 15 - The Seventeenth Student
Another Question
Chapter 16 - The Fourth Trial
The Smut.
Chapter 17 - The Parley of Hope and Despair!
Chapter 18 - The True Answer Arc
Chapter 19 - Ultimate Pain, Suffering, Despair, Execution and Death
THIS IS ART
Chapter 19.5 - What If?

Chapter 8 - How to Love a Daemon

2.4K 44 168
By stuntdoubleofbobross

3rd Person POV

It had been a couple of days since Y/N's secret was revealed, much to everyone's shock. He admitted that a summoning went wrong, but they didn't think it went THAT wrong. They mostly stayed away from him, wishing not to face the daemon's wrath. But a select few did, them being Chihiro, Junko, and Makoto. But there was one individual which surprised nearly everyone.

Celestia.

Over the course of several days, she had grown closer to Y/N, for some reason. They all thought it would ludicrous and insane, but Celeste didn't care. Because, and she rather hated to admit it, she had a slight crush on him. Everyone could she that the daemonologist had a  massive crush on her, but they didn't expect that the feeling would be mutual. At that moment, Celeste and Y/N were sat at a separate table to the rest of the students, waiting for some royal milk tea being prepared by Hifumi.

Y/N: So...what is it you wanted to talk about?

Celeste: Well I was actually wanted to talk to...the daemon...

Belial: What do you want, gambler?

Celeste: Ah, hello. My question is this: How would you feel if I-

Hifumi: Here you go. Two cups of royal milk tea.

Celeste: Oh. Thank you Hifumi. 

Y/N and Celeste picked up the cups and took a sip of the milk tea, and spat it out at the exact same time, before Celeste dropped her cup, smashing it into several pieces. Everyone's heads turned to see the drama happening at the other side of the room.

Celeste: Serving us this....swill was a culinary slap in the face.

Belial: Henceforth, our milk tea will be simmered in milk and not just slopped into a cup, do you understand?

Hifumi: Well...It's a lot of work for-

Celeste/Belial: GO MAKE IT AGAIN YOU CORPULENT BOOTLICKER!

Hifumi: A-At once. Please don't kill me, please don't kill me!

Celeste: I'm so glad we came to a mutual understanding...

Y/N looked towards the group, all mouths agape.

Y/N: O-Oh sorry guys...carry on what you were doing.

Y/N turned back to face Celeste to see her giggling into her hand.

Celeste: My my, are you always this humble, my dear?

Y/N: W-Well I mean t-this is really the first time I've had to be careful with people knowing my...secret.

Celeste: Which of course is no longer a secret. But I must admit I am impressed with you. I no longer consider you a Rank-D individual. In fact...

Celeste then held Y/N's human hand, making their fingers interlink.

Celeste: I see you as a Rank-A person.

Y/N had a cherry red hue covering his entire face by this point. Belial was internally howling with laughter.

Y/N: Is that...good?

Celeste: It is. Only one person has been as a Rank-A person, and that is you Y/N dear.

Y/N: Well...ermmm... T-Thank you Celestia! I'm honoured...

Celeste: As you should. You see, I have a little...confession to make...

Y/N: And what is it?

Celeste: I-

Celeste was rudely interrupted by the sound of Ishimaru bursting into the dining hall.

Taka: Bad news, everyone! There is a mystery afoot!

Hiro: Huh? What happened?

Taka: It would seem Byakuya is refusing to leave his room! I stood there pressing his doorbell over and over, but he never showed himself.

Makoto: Maybe he just...wasn't there.

Taka: I'd like to think so. But I'm worried something happened to him.

Y/N: It might be a good idea if we all split up and go and look for him!

Taka: Ah! I was about to suggest the same thing!

Toko: S-Stop trying to o-one up everyone...

Asahina: Okay, I'll go and check his room one more time. I'm just keep on hammering that button until I get a response.

Sakura: Very well. The rest of us can go and check the rest of the building.

Hiro: Yeah. Before it's, ya know... too late...

Y/N: Well come on Celeste, we've gotta go and find him!

Celeste: If you wouldn't mind my dear, I shall stay here. Until my thirst is satisfied, I have no urge to do anything. If you must go, then go. I shall be waiting here for you...

Y/N: Ok, well I'll see you later then...

Y/N caught up with Makoto and Junko, who were heading towards the library.

Junko: Oh, hey Y/N! Thought you'd stay in the dining hall and swap spit with that lolita! Hahaha!

Y/N: Funny. Very funny. No I don't feel that way about her, not at all...

Belial: Now that is a definite lie. And don't bother trying to deny it...

Y/N: Ok, fine! I...I do like her, happy?

Makoto: Well that's not really a surprise, to be honest. 

Y/N: Wait, what? How hasn't that surprised you?

Junko: Well let's see...The amount of times you two are together. The way you blush everytime Celeste looks in your general direction. The list goes on...

Y/N: Anyway, we're tryna find trust fund aren't we? Let's go...

Blushing heavily, Y/N stepped into the library, accompanied by Junko and Makoto. They looked inside to see Byakuya sitting at a table, reading a book and a cup of coffee in his hand.

Makoto: Byakuya?!

Junko: Umm...what are you doing?

Byakuya: I'm fishing. What does it look like I'm doing? I'm trying to read in peace. So if you three could be quiet.

Belial: Ahem.

Byakuya: Three and a half then. 

Makoto: But everyone's been super worried! We've all been looking for you!

Byakuya: And just who asked you to do that?

Y/N: Because we're all supposed to eat together in the morning! We all promised!

Byakuya slowly stood up, smooth and silent as a shadow, but not before snapping his book shut. Meanwhile, the others started showing up, one after another.

Taka: So this is where you've been hiding Byakuya!

Hiro: The heck you doin' here, man?

Sakura: We were very concerned.

Byakuya: Well, I'm afraid that you had no reason to be. I was reading. I've never read such a...coarse novel before, but it might prove useful at some point.

Y/N: And why is that?

Byakuya: I was in the middle of reading a mystery novel, before you three showed up and disturbed me.

Belial: Ahem.

Byakuya: The three and a half of you then. 

Hifumi: W-Wait so you're gonna use what you're reading to betray us?!

Byakuya: No, you idiot. Don't be stupid. It's just...something to keep in mind.

Makoto: What?

Byakuya: If I decide to fight, then of course I'll come up with something original. Otherwise this little game of ours will be simply boring, right?

Mondo: Hey, pissant! This isn't a game!

Byakuya: It is a game, you philistine.

Celeste: A zero-sum game, you could say.

Y/N: Celeste? I thought you were staying in the dining hall?

Celeste: I was, my dear. But I got bored and decided to such for you all.

Byakuya: If you two can practice Romeo and Juliet later, that would be preferable for all of us. Anyway, if you would like to carry on?

Celeste: Oh, why of course. A zero-sum game is a game in which in order to gain something, another must lose something. Entrance exams, sports tournaments, job vacancies. In fact, most social interaction fall into the category of a zero-sum game.

Belial: Precisely. For you to succeed, another must fall. This can be applied to our current situation. In this case...the prize is life itself, but only for one of us.

Makoto: Jeez, thanks for that...

Celeste: Honestly Byakuya, the thought of you losing has never once crossed your mind has it?

Byakuya: No, why would it?

Celeste: Well, this kind of behaviour is exactly what I would expect from the heir to an elite conglomerate like the Togami Corporation.

Hiro: So...Simple arrogance?

Asahina: You talk like that, but what if you end up dead?

Byakuya: I won't. That simply isn't possible. That is why adaptation is crucial. If those who wish to survive disappear, there would be no reason to continue playing the game. But why would I want to stop playing? It's so much fun...

He smiled a smile filled with evil intent. It looked like he was actually enjoying himself. He then carried on with his...prologue.

Byakuya: Anyway, let me spell this out to the rest of you plebeians. You all need to try harder. If an opponent doesn't try their best to win, where's the fun for me?

Belial: And for me....

Chihiro: T-That's a terrible way to look at it. This isn't a game. Our lives are at stake! FRIENDS AREN'T SUPPOSED TO KILL EACH OTHER!

Byakuya: We are NOT friends. We are mere competitors. Enemies, you might say. Anyway, I have no intention of working with the rest of you.

Y/N: What the hell?! You don't mean that, do you?!

Byakuya: I meant every word. It's a waste of time to cooperate in an elimination match. And I don't like wasting my time. You are all free to do whatever you want. Goodbye.

Without a second glance, Byakuya left. There wasn't anything anyone could do to stop him. 

Hiro: Wait...so he was serious about all of that?

Celeste: Without a doubt.

Mondo: Well fuck him, then. He ran away like a bitch.

Toko: B-Byakuya is right! C-Can you say for s-sure someone won't poison our f-food?

Junko: What? You too, Toko?!

Toko: Well, its n-not like anyone would if I w-was gone, right? Actually, I bet you all w-want me gone! You'll all say 'Well it least it wasn't me!'

Y/N: What? No, no-one wants you dead!

Toko: LIAR! You know what? S-Screw you guys! I-I'm going!

Hiro: Man, there's crazy and then there's that chick.

Asahina: Aren't we gonna stop her? Or are we just gonna let her go?

Celeste: No. Let her go. Once she gets going like that, nothing you say or do to bring her back.

TIMESKIP

Y/N was in the middle of a meditating session, when the doorbell rang. Y/N sighed and went up to the door.

Y/N: Who is it?

???: It's me. Junko.

Y/N: Oh! Well come in!

The fashionista entered the door rather sheepishly, before closing the door.

Y/N: Ermmm...Junko? Are you doing ok?

Junko: Well...I have to tell you something....

Y/N: What is it? And why are you acting so secretively? I'm not gonna kill you.

Junko: Well, I just wanted to say...thank you. For everything you've done for me. 

Y/N: Oh, well thank you Junko! So why did you come in my room to tell me that?

Junko: Well, I err.... Oh, fuck it.

Y/N: Junko, what are you-

Y/N was interrupted by Junko kissing him on the lips. Y/N was shocked to say the least. After all, why would a world-famous fashionista like Junko Enoshima kissing someone like him? Rather timidly, Y/N returned the kiss, holding Y/N's cheeks with his hand. The kiss lasted for around 10 seconds or so, before the two of them had to separate, each panting slightly.

Y/N: Well that was...unexpected...

Junko: Yeah. I guess it was. So to cut a long story short, I love you. Ever since I met you, I've always had a crush on you. It only grew when you saved me from Monokuma, and well you just stole my first kiss.

Y/N: Yeah, you stole mine too...

Y/N and Junko were stood in the middle of the room for a few moments before Belial spoke up.

Belial: Oh my Junko. You do not want to know what fantasies Y/N is cooking up in his mind right now. 

Y/N: Don't you dare!

Both of them blushed heavily before Y/N offered his hand to Junko.

Y/N: Well I guess we're a thing now....

Junko: Yeah...I guess we are. Also, I had something else to tell you. A rather major thing. I'm not actually Junko Enoshima. I'm actually Mukuro Ikusaba, the Ultimate Soldier. 

Y/N: Wait, what? But why were you-

Mukuro: I had to pretend to be Junko, otherwise the mastermind would've killed all of you. But I mean now you know I'm not actually Junko, you obviously don't want to out. That's fine if you don-

Y/N silenced her by kissing her on the cheek.

Y/N: Not at all. So... I'm guessing this isn't actually what you look like. 

Mukuro: No, it isn't. 

With that, Mukuro took off her wig to reveal short, bobbed black hair, and rubbed off her makeup to reveal freckles on her cheeks. Mukuro looked down to the ground and blushed.

Y/N: You look...beautiful...

Mukuro: Really? No one's called me beautiful before.

Y/N: Well you better get used to it. Because I think you beautiful.

Mukuro: So...should I...keep the disguise?

Y/N pondered on it for a bit. On one hand, he loved how she actually loved, and he wanted to make her feel loved. But on the other...well...he didn't know how the others would react...

Belial: No.

Y/N: What?

Belial: You should not. After all, it would have been but a matter of time before the others found out your true identity.

Y/N: Wow, Belial. I didn't expect someone like you to stay stuff like that. You do still have a heart somewhere in there.

Belial: I will rip out YOUR heart in a minute if you keep that behaviour up. 

Mukuro: Well...I guess I shouldn't....

Y/N: Come on...You'll be fine, I promise.

With that, Y/N and Jun- no, Mukuro walked hand-in-hand to the dining hall. Asahina was the first one to see them.

Asahina: Oh hey, Y/N? Have you seen Junko around? And also...who are you?

Mukuro: Well...I'm Mukuro Ikusaba, but you all have known me as Junko Enoshima.

Mondo: What the fuck does that mean?!

Hiro: Woah, are you like a shapeshifter or somethin? Because if you are then...well this place is getting more creepy by the day.

Mukuro: Errmmm, no I'm not a shapeshifter Yasuhiro. I was pretending to be Junko.

Kyoko: And why were you exactly? There must be a valid reason, yes?

Y/N: There is. She told me that she had to pretend to be, otherwise the mastermind would kill everyone.

Byakuya: And why should be trust this imposter, who has been hiding her true identity from us all this time?

Y/N: Because I...Because I...

Belial: Because he loves her, ok? And here's another bombshell! He likes Celeste as well! AHAHAHAHA!

Mukuro/Celeste: WHAT?!

Mukuro: Is he telling the truth, Y/N?

Y/N didn't say anything, simply staring at the floor, with both a red hue on his cheeks and a pale face.

Mondo: Woo! Two in one, bro! Good job!

Yasuhiro and Mondo had a good laugh, with even Makoto trying to hide a giggle.

Y/N: Y-Yeah. He's...he's right....

There was deathly silence for what felt like forever, before Celeste wordlessly got up and made her way over to them.

Celeste: My, this is certainly an...interesting predicament.

Mukuro: Ya think?! You betta explain yourself right now Y/N.

Y/N: Can you guys ermmm....excuse us for a minute. Please?

Y/N about turned, dragging Mukuro out of the dining hall, with Celeste following suit. After a few minutes, they made their way to the library, hoping for some piece and quiet.

Mukuro: So...care to explain?

Y/N: Well...ermmm...It's like Belial said. I...I like the both of you...

Belial: By Lucifer, the fantasies in Y/N's mind are getting more interesting by the minute!

Y/N: NOT THE TIME OR PLACE!

Celeste seemed to ponder for a minute, before turning to Y/N and Mukuro. 

Celeste: I may have an...interesting solution...

Mukuro: And what would that be?

Celeste: How about we....share him? As in a...polyamorous relationship?

Y/N: ...Beg pardon?

Celeste: It's simple, yet effective. Plus, we don't have to fight for Y/N's affection, maybe literally. Oh, I mean no offense, Mukuro dear.

Mukuro: None taken. But I...I think that's a...good idea.

Y/N: WHAT?

Celeste: So what do you say Y/N? Is that a decent arrangement?

Y/N: Yeah. I'd...like that.

That split second, both the soldier and the gambler kissed Y/N's cheeks, Celeste having to stand on the tips of her toes to reach. Both of them then looked away, blushing profusely. 

Y/N.exe has stopped working.

Timeskip

Monokuma's evening announcement blared throughout the school, signalling the students to return to their dorms. Y/N walked Mukuro and Celeste to their respective dorms, both of them kissing him on the lips before entering. With a spring in his step, he walked towards his dorm, when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. It was Chihiro, carrying a duffel bag, heading presumably towards the locker room. 

Y/N: But why would she be heading to the locker room at this time? Surely she could've done it during the day, right?

Belial: Perhaps. But maybe there's something she wants to kept hidden?

Then Y/N remembered the motive. Their deepest and darkest secrets.

Y/N: Wait, it can't be. Chihiro is a...

Belial: It doesn't matter right now. Right now, we should investigate why their training at the dead of the night.

Y/N nodded before silently following Chihiro to the locker's room, making sure to keep out of the programmer's line of sight. Not long after, Y/N's suspicions were indeed confirmed. Chihiro swiped their ID to the boy's locker room, but wasn't shot up by the machine gun mounted on the ceiling. The reason?

Y/N: I was right. Chihiro is a guy. 

Suddenly, he saw...Mondo and he was...picking up a dumbbell... Without hesitation, Y/N sprinted to the slightly open door.

Y/N: CHIHIRO, WATCH OUT!

Chihiro looked up to see Mondo begin to drive the dumbbell down, presumably to cave in Chihiro's skull. Chihiro dodged it, the dumbbell landing a few millimetres away from them. Y/N used his magic to grab Mondo by the arms and hold him against the wall.

Y/N: And what do you think you were doing?

Mondo: I-I-I'm sorry, I-I-I..

Mondo then cried out in pain as Y/N began bending his hands backward, so much so that they looked mere inches away from his wrist being broken.

Y/N: Stop stuttering like a pansy and tell me. Why were you about to kill him?

Mondo: I was jealous, ok?! Jealous of how brave and strong he was!

Y/N: But why? You're some big tough guy. Why would someone like you be jealous of Chihiro?

Mondo: Because he wanted to become a man! More of a man then I've ever been! I was jealous of his bravery and willpower to change! He was strong, like my bro! 

Y/N: What do you mean?

Mondo then went on to explain how he unintentionally caused his older brother Daiya to die in a car accident, which made Mondo feel weak as he was the one who made his brother die. 

Mondo: So when Chihiro came up to me and said he wanted to train with me, I could see his strength. And I got jealous, and nearly...I nearly killed him...

Y/N: Well let's make sure you don't kill anyone else, ok?

Mondo: W-What do you mea- ARGHHHHHHHH!!!

Mondo screamed in pain, as his wrist was broken, so much so that bone could be seen sticking out of his wrist. Y/N then tossed him outside the locker room like he was a bag of rubbish, before falling to his knees and holding his head, writhing in pain.

Chihiro: Y-Y/N! Are you ok?!

Y/N: Y-Yeah, just have this splitting headache. Other than that, I'm fine. But I don't think Mondo can say the same.

Y/N looked out the door to see Mondo in the corridor, crying out in pain, before running to his dorm. He would have to deeply apologise for that in the morning. Before he could react, Chihiro hugged him tightly, with tears running down the back of Y/N's jacket. 

Chihiro: Y-You...You saved me. If you weren't there...I would have...

Y/N: Hey! I have an unbreakable oath to keep, remember?

Chihiro let go of Y/N and stared up at him with his hazel-coloured doe-like eyes.

Chihiro: T-Thank you Y/N. You...You mean a lot to me...

Y/N: What do you mean?

Chihiro took a deep breath before kissing Y/N. He then looked away, his face flushing a crimson shade of red.

Chihiro: I-I like you. As in...more than...friends. I mean now you know I'm actually...a guy you probably don't feel the same way, considering you like Celeste and...Mukuro...

Y/N made Chihiro face him before kissing the programmer back, a slight red hue emerging on his cheeks.

Y/N: Don't worry. I'm bisexual, so I like guys too.

Chihiro: So you don't care if I'm actually...

Y/N: Not at all. Now come on, let's get you to your dorm, ok?

Chihiro nodded, before the both of them heading out of the locker room, Chihiro holding Y/N's hand with both of his. Eventually, they reached Chihiro's dorm, where he also gave Y/N a kiss. He would have to sort that out with Celeste and Mukuro tomorrow. As he headed into his dorm, he saw Monokuma sprawled across his bed, wearing a very skimpy bikini.

Monokuma: So...are you gonna kiss me too? But I'm sad I'm not gonna be your first time. After all, you've kissed not one, not two, but three people! This isn't an anime or a fanfiction story where you sleep with all the cute girls! Oh wait, Chihiro is a dude, isn't he? Puhuhu~

Y/N: Get out of my room. Right now.

Monokuma: Of course, daddy! But I do have one last thing to say?

Y/N: And what would that be?

Monokuma: You may love them all now, but it's only a matter of time before you remember. You remember who you truly loved.

Monokuma's voice changed. It sounded...human.

Y/N: What in the hell does that mean?

Monokuma?: Only time will tell, my love. Goodnight....

Monokuma then waltzed out the front door, before slamming the door shut. Y/N went over and locked it before doing his nighttime routine and going to bed. But one thing was in his mind the entire night:

Why is Monokuma, or whoever it actually is, calling me their...love?

??? POV

You will be mine again. That much is inevitable. You will remember who you truly loved. Your Queen of Despair, and you will be my loving King. Then, when you return to me, we can truly spread despair once again to this world...

****

There we go, Chapter 8 is finished. I feel like the last half of it was kinda rushed, but I haven't got many hours of sleep this past week, so that's kinda the reason why. But who is Y/N's so-called Queen? Well, I mean we all kinda know who it is, but you will be seeing more of Y/N's evil side later on in the story. But that will have to wait until next time, so thank you very reading, and I will see all you guys, gals and non-binary pals later!

-B

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.4K 1.1K 77
Y/N L/N, a famous guitar player from America, suddenly receives a letter inviting him to attend Hope's Peak Academy as the Ultimate Guitarist, a scho...
10.5K 206 38
(Previously titled 'Never Be Back Where We Began') Already interested in Hope's Peak Academy, or more specifically the dark secrets the school had, h...
15.5K 247 20
15 high school students with talents from across Japan have been selected to attend Hope's Peak Academy. Unfortunately for them they are suddenly tra...
40.2K 952 60
A young girl enters Hope's Peak academy filled with hope. Little did she know she would learn a shocking truth which might just push her to the edge...