Beautiful - Nate Archibald

By jordan517

Follow the life of Manhattans one and only Christina Bass, as she navigates the world of the Upper East Side... More

𝓒𝓪𝓼𝓽
𝓐𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓬 𝓫𝓸𝓪𝓻𝓭 + 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽
𝓟𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓽 𝓟𝓽 1
𝓟𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓽 𝓟𝓽 2
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓦𝓲𝓵𝓭 𝓑𝓻𝓾𝓷𝓬𝓱
𝓟𝓸𝓲𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓘𝓿𝔂
𝓑𝓪𝓭 𝓝𝓮𝔀𝓼 𝓑𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓻
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓶𝓪𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓷'𝓼 𝓣𝓪𝓵𝓮
𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓸𝓻/𝓥𝓲𝓬𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓪
𝓗𝓲 𝓼𝓸𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓽𝔂
𝓢𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓵 𝓛𝓲𝓮𝓼
𝓐 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷 𝓵𝓲𝓷𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓒𝓱𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓝𝓪𝓽𝓮
𝓢𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓴
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓻 𝓑𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓳𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓮
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓵𝓪𝓲𝓻 𝓑𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱 𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓳𝓮𝓬𝓽 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓽𝔀𝓸
𝓓𝓮𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓵𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓮𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓪
𝓐𝓵𝓵 𝓐𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓜𝔂 𝓑𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻
𝓦𝓸𝓶𝓪𝓷 𝓞𝓷 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓥𝓮𝓻𝓰𝓮
𝓜𝓾𝓬𝓱 '𝓘 𝓓𝓸' 𝓐𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓝𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰
𝓢𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝓣𝔀𝓸 𝓒𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓑𝓸𝓪𝓻𝓭𝓼
𝓢𝓾𝓶𝓶𝓮𝓻, 𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓞𝓯 𝓦𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵
𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓑𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓬𝓾𝓼𝓮𝓭
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴 𝓝𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝔁-𝓕𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓼 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓞𝓷𝓮
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓔𝔁-𝓕𝓲𝓵𝓮𝓼 𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓸
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓐𝓵𝓼𝓸 𝓡𝓲𝓼𝓮𝓼
𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓜𝓪𝓷
𝓒𝓱𝓾𝓬𝓴 𝓘𝓷 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮

𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓒𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓵𝓮𝓼

810 27 5
By jordan517

𝓐𝓬𝓬𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓒𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓲𝓬 𝓬𝓱𝓾𝓻𝓬𝓱 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓵 𝓼𝓲𝓷 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓼𝓸𝓵𝓿𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪 𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓽𝓪𝓲𝓷 𝓹𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵 𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽, 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯. 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓭: 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓪 𝓥𝓪𝓷 𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝓦𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓼𝓮𝓷 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓰𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓟𝓪𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝓽𝓮𝓵, 𝓪𝓯𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓪 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓬𝓸𝓷𝓯𝓮𝓼𝓼𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵𝓼. 𝓑𝓾𝓽 𝓘 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓬𝓱 𝓸𝓷𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼, 𝓘 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓫𝓸𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓼𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓽𝓱 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓶𝓲𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓤𝓹𝓹𝓮𝓻 𝓔𝓪𝓼𝓽 𝓢𝓲𝓭𝓮𝓼 𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷 𝓭𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼𝓽 𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓼.

After opening up to Serena, I finally got some clarity on the whole 'kissing Nate' situation and I can finally put a plan in motion after tonight. I figure telling Blair what happened after her birthday to not ruin her day and completely avoiding Nate until I can make sense of our friendship. But before I can accomplish any of that I must figure out what I'm wearing for Blair's birthday tonight, as I search for the perfect look that says 'not trying to upstage the birthday girl but I'm still the hottest in the room' a knock on the door interrupted my thought.

Rushing over I open the door to see some of the housing staff struggling to carry bags from some of my favorite designer brands. "Uh I didn't order any of these." I say, the smile and nod at me as they move ahead to start putting things away. "Wait those aren't"

"Yes they are, as both a thank you and an apology for vouching to Bart for me." Chuck says making his presence known carrying a tray of bagels and a variety of fruit. I groan at the sight of my once peaceful room turning into utter chaos in a matter of seconds thanks to my asshat brother. Removing myself from the doorway I shuffle to the side and use my body weight to hold the door open "You're all dismissed." The workers hastily pick up the empty bags and make their way towards the exit before I shut the door.

I turn my attention to Chuck who's made himself comfortable in my bed, looking at some of the options I laid out "You know this dress wouldn't look good on you-" point to the olive green dress I picked as my third option. "Before we talk shit on my dress can we discuss why you're actually here?" sure dropping things off is cool but this is not a typical Chuck Bass apology, normally he just drops off flowers and calls it a day but this is overkill. Like the time we were 13 and he poisoned my dog accidentally and he got me a stuffed animal, flowers and a card with dogs on it that said 'get well soon'.

"I just wanted to say sorry for messing things up so badly at Victrola," I laugh, because there's no way he's actually serious. Chuck bass doesn't say sorry because that's admitting he's wrong which in his mind never happened. I must have been laughing for a while because when I finally stopped, I noticed he has a confused look on his face. "Oh you're being serious."

"Why else would I buy all of this" he dramatically moves his hands around the room.

"Chuck, when we were 10 you set my pet cockatoo free." he blamed it on our nanny Rachel which lead to Bart not only firing her but also having her arrested for animal abuse, "To be fair she was stealing from us, I just had no other way of catching her'

"So Jewel was just a casualty?" I grabbed a throw pillow off of a nearby chair and made my way towards chuck. "No, she was fucking annoying and I enjoyed getting rid of her." he tries to snatch the pillow before I could hit hit but I have such a tight grip on it "let go of it bird killer" i tug on the pillow.

"I didn't kill her I freed her idiot, there's a difference" he tugs the pillow towards him

"She died dumbass, she was a house bird." I punched him to try to get him to drop the pillow but of course it didn't bother him. We continue to fight over the pillow throwing insults back and forth, "What the hell are you two doing?" We dropped the pillow confused when Nate entered the room, we didn't even hear the door open.

Wait, when did he enter the room? How did he enter the room? I purposely changed the locks that way he couldn't just come and go when he pleased. "I came to talk to you, since you didn't answer any of my calls" I glanced at Chuck, seeing if he remembers my phone ever ringing but he just shrugs in response. But wait! I muted his number that way I wouldn't immediately answer any of his calls or texts "Oh yeah sorry, my phone has been acting weird-."

"But I'm actually running late to meet Serena and Blair but we can catch up later, right?" I move over to my desk to grab some of my belongings, shoving them in my purse. "It's really important." He tries to stop me but I'm already finished gathering my stuff, I'm moving as fast I could because I knew if I didn't I'd cave immediately. "Whatever it is, I'm sure Chuck can help you."

"No wait." They both yell but I closed the door before they could say anything else.

𝒳𝒪𝒳𝒪

"I can't believe he told her you guys were gonna do it" As soon as I got to Blair's Serena started telling us about Dylan and his friend Veronica, I mostly tuned them out seeing as how I don't really care about her little project "well I told you guys." Serena defends.

"That's different, we're girls." Blair retorts, I don't understand why Serena's even with the loser. If I'm being completely honest he gives a creepy serial killer vibe like he's always watching what we do, judging us. "Yeah, well, so is she" I continue to flip through my magazine, knowing if I join in it'll only piss off the blonde further. "Exactly my point,"

Blair closes her closet door, bringing over the dresses she wanted to pick through for her birthday "But even if she wasn't, when you get a boyfriend you become the best friend and the best friend becomes the second best friend. That's just how it has to be if it's ever gonna work." I take my eyes off the magazine to look at Blair "I didn't become Nate's second best friend." her memory always becomes foggy when it comes to telling the truth of her relationship.

"You guys are different, it's like a brother and sister relationship." my eyes pop up out of my head, I don't think anyone should ever compare our relationship to a sibling one. "Yeah, if we were living in Alabama." Serena mumbles just loud enough for me to hear, I snap my head in her direction "Do you want to die?" I smack her head as she laughs, "What's funny?" Blair asks as she turns to face us

"Nothing" we quickly say wanting her to go back to focusing on herself

"Hey, do either of you know how's Nate doing?" What is she talking about? Was there something supposed to be wrong with him? "What do you mean? He's fine." Both of them stare at me like I have two heads, what the hell is going on around here? "You haven't seen the news? The captain He's being charged with fraud and embezzlement plus possession charges" Oh my god, that's what he wanted to tell me and instead I blew him off all because I couldn't figure out my feelings.

"B, have you talked to him?" I ask because if he didn't talk to me, he must've confided in her.

"Uh, when I talk to him this morning, I told him to focus on his family today." Blair says, I sit up on the bed. "But he's still coming to your party right?" Hopefully he does so I could actually talk to him and apologize for being such a shitty friend. "I told him not to worry about it. I mean, only if he's up to it." Weird Blair's actually okay with someone skipping her birthday, the one day that she believes was made for her. "Aw, you're such a sweet girlfriend, B, really." Serena and I get up to embrace her.

"Why don't we all ride together?" Serena asks, I check my phone to see the time "I have a hair appointment, which I'm going to be late for but I'll see you guys there." I say as I grab my my purse, not forgetting to get them a parting hug.

𝒳𝒪𝒳𝒪

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑒𝓁𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒:))

I made my way through the apartment building where Blair's party is being held. I've been trying to get in touch with Nate since I left Blair's, but after five voicemails and texts I gave up. Running my hands through my hair as I'm walking towards the door I feel someone's hand clamp over my mouth and another around my arms holding me against their body, pulling me in a dark room. "Lord, if this is the way I die please kill Chuck after me. There's no good reason he gets to live longer than me."

I let out a muffled scream before the closet light turned on showing me that Nate is my kidnapper, "What the hell Nate." he shushes me, I smack his chest "Don't shush me, why would you kidnap me." I go to smack his chest again but he grabs my hand tugging me closer to him "Why aren't you at Blair's party?" he drops my hands, running his hair messily through his untamed locks. Finally getting a good look at him, you can tell he hasn't slept or properly eaten anything. The noticeable bags under his eyes are a dead give away but he still looks handsome, "I can't go in there," his eyes start filling up with tears. "Because if I do, I'm going to have to do something I will regret." What the hell is he talking about? I take his hands, stopping his from taking them through his hair again. "Nate no one expects anything from you right now." His breathing gets heavier, removing his hands from mines he goes and sits on the floor on the other side of me. "You don't know."

"Then tell me." I plead, he's scaring me. I've never seen him this discombobulated, out of everyone in our friend group he's the stronger one believe it or not. Sure he has his moments but he always snaps out of them "With everything going on with my dad and how we're going to get out of this, you want to know what they suggested." I walk over to him, dropping down in front of him, as he pulls out a ring box "Instead of coming up with an actual reasonable solution, they insist on having me propose to Blair to secure a deal with her mother." Nate opens the box showing me his grandmother's ring. Anne's been showing us girls this ring since we were children, hoping one of us would be the one she passes it down to.

"Your grandmother's ring," Unlike Serena and I, Blair's been obsessed with it since we were children. Getting that ring is the key to the Vanderbilt family, securing a life for not only you but your children and grandchildren to New York's high society. "Yeah, but how can I propose to someone that I'm not nor want to be with." wait wait wait hold up. "When did you guys break up?" I've missed so much in the past twenty-four hours, maybe avoiding my problems isn't the smartest idea.

"I can't keep being with her just because I can't be with you, it's not fair to either of us." Nate grabs my face with his hands bringing me closer to him "We can't Nate, you're not in the right frame of mind." he sighs, resting his forehead against mine. "You're right, like always." We both laugh knowing how true he is. "C'mon, let's get food." We both stand up, interlocking our hands walking to the door "Kidnap me again and I'll kill you." He drops our hands and wraps his arm around me, pulling me as close as possible "No promises."

𝒳𝒪𝒳𝒪

This chapter is one of my favorites so far, I think I like writing in the first pov more than third because I want y'all to see some of the thoughts Christina has. Anyways beauties, I'm skipping the Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes because they bore me to no end also why would Christina not spend those holidays with Chuck. Also be ready for the next update I pretty much have my format written all out I just need to type and change minor things

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33K 758 27
𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡. 𝙢𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙡 IN WHICH, veronica archibald and max wolfe's story is told. the it girl and the playboy of manhat...
370K 8.5K 31
*Spanish version available to read at @daydreamer_byv profile* 1 Manhattan, the fabulous city in New York where you'll find: the hottest new trends...
518K 9.3K 54
An Upper East Side Princess who is willing to throw away her crown for what? The chance to travel the world with no expectations or worry about what...
30.4K 677 41
I made a mistake. It's true. But I'm working to be a better person, for myself, for my friends and for my family. But being a teenage screw up and in...