Secrets and Camera Flashes

Von KittyHazelnut

Dean Winchester and Jo Harvelle have the perfect relationship. They've been together for 18 months, and their... Mehr

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chatpter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81

Chapter 74

631 35 22
Von KittyHazelnut

The rest of the holiday break is pretty irrelevant, so we're going to skip that and move on, because let's be real: no one gives a flying fuck about Jo falling even harder for Cas and no one wants more vague half-sex scenes on Jo's bed when there's so much else to read about in the new year.

Castiel and Jo have their first public outing of the year just a day before he heads back to Florida. It's not a date, though. Hell, it's not even a fake date. They just head to the gym together because they know it will stir up headlines about the happy couple starting the year off strong, and, as expected, the paparazzi photos are a trending topic online by the time the pseudo-couple finishes their workout.

After ensuring that the world still knows of their relationship, Castiel is all set to go off to work. Of course, because he's an actor, he never actually knows when he has to work until the night before — it's not uncommon to get his call sheet at 10:00 the night before he has to be on set; they can't send them out until they know what scenes they've already finished — so he knows even before he gets off the plane that he's going to be on edge all day.

Castiel is a pretty wealthy dude. He's had a couple of big movies and a handful of smaller roles that have secured him a couple million dollars. But he is not rich enough to rent a car for the couple of months he's scheduled to be in Toronto and he's sure as hell not rich enough to afford a limo every day (not that he'd want to be chauffeured around even if he could), so the first thing he does when he lands is take a limo (ew) to a used car shop, where he basically buys the shittiest car they have. It's apparently from 1978 -- why they're still selling a car from 1978, he does not understand -- but it should get him from his apartment to the set with no problems.

After an excruciatingly long day of travel, Castiel finally makes it to his new apartment. He drags his suitcase through the front door and kicks the door shut with his heel. Home, sweet home.

Despite having already signed a lease for this place, Castiel hasn't actually been here before. He's seen pictures, but this is the first time he's actually stepped foot in the place and he's relieved to find that it's about as nice in person as it looked online. There are only a few rooms so it doesn't take long to find his bedroom. He should probably unpack his bags, but in all honesty, it's been a long day and he really just wants to take a nap.

He digs his phone charger out of his backpack and plugs it into the outlet next to his bed, and just before he plugs his phone in to charge, the screen lights up with a text. Castiel expects it to be Charlie; more of her working days are spent texting him than actually working. Instead, it's Dean's name on the screen.

Dean: Have you gone full-blown Canadian yet? Are you watching hockey? Are you incapable of going a full conversation without saying eh? If you're chugging a bottle of maple syrup rn I'm sorry to say it but you're too far gone for even me to save

Castiel chuckles. Just the idea of talking to Dean is enough to wake him up, so he sits down cross-legged on his new bed and opens the chat. They've texted back and forth a few times since Christmas, but this is probably the most random conversation starter Dean has sent so far. It's the first time Castiel's been absolutely sure that Dean is texting him just for the sake of it, that there's nothing specific he wants to talk about.

Castiel: Fortunately not, but now that you mention it, I'm going to avoid picking up any maple syrup while I'm here just in case.

Dean: A true man of the people

Dean: So how's Canada?

Dean: I say as if I haven't been there a million times

Castiel: I just landed a couple hours ago, but I have a car now and my apartment is pretty nice (it's fully furnished! It even has pillows!) so Canada's pretty great so far.

Dean: :(

Castiel cocks his head to the side. He wasn't really expecting Dean to care about his Canada experience, so to see that it apparently upset the guy is confusing, to say the least. He rereads his last message a couple of times, but he can't figure out what he said wrong.

Castiel: ?

Is that insensitive? It doesn't occur to him until after he sends the message that it might seem flippant, but he really does want to know why Dean's upset.

Dean: Your apartment sounds cool

Dean: But I'll never get to know

Dean: Because people would be Suspicious™

Castiel rolls his eyes. God, he's weird. It's not like they're going to have to stay away from each other for the rest of time (although they really should, at least until a few months after Castiel and Jo "break up"). They still have very vague plans for some point in the future.

He hopes.

Castiel: Aren't we going to hook up in a week or two anyway?

Dean: Yeah but not at your apartment :(

Dean: It's gonna be a motel :(

Dean: Motels aren't as cool :(

Dean: I don't get to invade your space :(

Castiel: Good. :)

Castiel: (This is a joke)

Dean: Someone needs to teach you how to use tone indicators

Dean: I'm joking too tho

Dean: Mostly

Dean: Although I do wish I could visit your new place

Dean: You can tell a lot about a person by what their home looks like

Castiel can't help but smile to himself. He's already told Dean more about himself than he's told anyone in years, and he's still looking for more. It means a lot just to have someone who cares.

Castiel: I don't think I'm ever going to call this place home, but maybe one day you'll be able to see my actual house?

Dean: I hope so

Dean: Especially your room

Dean: And

Dean: More specifically

Dean: Your bed

Castiel: Congratulations. You just ruined a beautiful, heartfelt moment.

Dean: It's what I do best :)

Dean: But if I can't get to know you via house inspection, I do have another idea in mind...

Castiel cocks his head to the side. The way he phrased it almost looks like a sex joke, but he's pretty sure there's not a single part of him Dean hasn't explored yet that he'd get to see during sex so if it is a sex joke, it's not a very well-thought-out one. Still, it's pretty in-character for him. A sex joke is a sex joke, no matter how bad.

Castiel: And what's that?

Dean: I believe there was some talk of poetry/songwriting collaboration?

Dean: *wink wink nudge nudge*

And suddenly Castiel wishes it really had been a sex joke. He'd hoped Dean had forgotten about that. Hell, he'd almost forgotten about it himself. He may have pretended he'd think about it and get back to the guy, but it was a solid "no" from the beginning on that.

He must take too long to think of a response, because after a minute or two, Dean sends another text.

Dean: If you really don't want to that's totally fine btw I just figured I'd mention it again in case you gave it more thought and decided it would be fun

Dean: (Because it totally would be)

Dean: (But again it's up to you)

Castiel sighs. He really did like what Dean did with the last poem he showed him, but he still isn't ready to open up to the guy. That's a level of vulnerability he doesn't expect to ever be comfortable with, even if it would mean some damn good music.

Castiel: Maybe one day.

It's easier than just flat-out saying "no," right?

Dean: :)

Dean: Okay I'll stop bugging you about this now and move onto more important things

Dean: Like

Dean: When do you get to meet Claire Novak?

Castiel chuckles. Now this is something he could talk about for hours.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.8K 154 14
14 year old Castiel Novak was always different. And he payed for it. The bullying seemed endless. Until one day when someone sticks up for him. The n...
25K 776 8
Castiel Novak is a photography teacher at a high school in Los Angeles. Dean Winchester is a YouTuber with over 8 million subscribers. What neither C...
109K 4.9K 18
Mr Winchester and Mr Novak- both teachers. They both have a thing for each other, but neither of them admit it-nor are they allowed to. But things ge...
6.6K 407 20
Castiel and Anna are best friends, they have been for years. But what happens when the new and mysterious Dean Winchester catches both of their eyes...