Unravelling You l ✓

By wannabecurious9

❝What sin did I commit in my past life that I have to tolerate you in this life?" "A very grave one for which... More

Description
Chapter 1 - Awaiting
Chapter 2 - It Happened Again!
Chapter 3 - The Meet
Chapter 4 - Thoughts
Chapter 5 (A) - Friends
Chapter 5 (B) - 'I expect loyalty'
Chapter 6 - Date!?
Chapter 7 - I'm so difficult!
Chapter 8 - Annoying People
Chapter 9 - The Truth Hurts
Chapter 10 - Engagement Disaster
Chapter 11 - Apologies & Smiles
Chapter 13 - The Wedding
Chapter 14 - Beginnings
Chapter 15 - Thank You 💛
Chapter 16 - Circus
Chapter 17 - Silence
Chapter 18 - Hurt
Chapter 19 - Care
Chapter 20 - Stay
Chapter 21 - Blue & Black
Chapter 22 - Vedika
Chapter 23 - Blushing
Chapter 24 - Anniversary
Chapter 25 - Enough!
Chapter 26 - Communication
Chapter 27 - Pain
Chapter 28 - Cupcakes
Chapter 29 - Birthday
Chapter 30 - Prayers
Chapter 31 - First
Chapter 32 - Distance
Chapter 33 - Missing
Chapter 34 - Past
Chapter 35 - Feelings
Chapter 36 - Confession
Chapter 37 - Gifts
Chapter 38 - Pacifying Him
Chapter 39 - Surprise
Chapter 40 - Honeymoon
Chapter 41 - New York
Chapter 42 - Revelation
Chapter 43 - Humans are stupid
Chapter 44 - Happiness
Epilogue - Forever
Acknowledgment
Bonus Chapter (1)
NEW BOOK !
Bonus Chapter (2)
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 12 - Jalkukda

5.4K 312 30
By wannabecurious9

Published on 12.04.2021

● A U T H O R ●

"Can I ask you one question?"

"Sure!"

"Please be honest about it."

Vihaan nodded in response.

"Do you regret agreeing to this marriage?"

He looked at her inquisitively trying to unveil the reason behind her asking this question but all he found was a kind of apprehension and anticipation for his reply. Did he really regret saying yes for this?

Of course not!

But he chose to be diplomatic about it. After all, hadn't she made it clear that this marriage will just be on papers and bind them by law, nothing else beyond that.

"Does it really matter if I regret it or not? It doesn't make any difference. I had to get married someday. If not you then someone else." Vihaan answered her trying to make as much sense as he could. Aarohi hummed softly.

Maybe it was her overthinking that made her ask that despite of knowing what his answer would be. But then why did hearing the very obvious reply affected her, hurt her?

When you give yourself to someone, your time, your trust, make them an important part of your life and when they leave you making you feel unwanted, that breaks you a little. And the knowledge of how okay they are with losing you hurts even more. Aarohi has gone through this feeling a lot of times in her life. Vihaan's answer was a subtle reminder of how much less difference she makes in others lives. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be meant that but then who can control what our mind thinks or how it perceives others words.

Harsh told her the truth few days back and so far she was sure that she had managed herself well by not breaking down and letting anyone else know about it. It wasn't her fault that he cheated on her or never loved her. But that didn't help her in not triggering her insecurities and pushing her more towards the edge far from all. She wondered what if she and Vihaan actually gave a chance to their relationship. But looking back at her history on how easily people lose interest in her, discard her out of their life, remain unaffected as if her presence or absence hardly makes any difference making her feel worthless and miserable, she couldn't bring herself to hope. What scared her more is what if she ended up hurting Vihaan? She thought this not because she had hurt someone badly ever knowingly or unknowingly but she never got the validation from anyone if they're proud to have her. She worked hard, had garnered multiple accolades for herself but never got a verbal satisfactory acknowledgement from her parents which she always wished for. This had led her to believe that maybe she's incapable of making anyone truly happy no matter how hard she tries.

Aarohi wasn't a person who went on cribbing about the wrongs in life and sulk over them. She was grateful for whatever she'd been blessed with. But she did have her own share of fears and inhibitions and unfortunately they were stronger than the flame of hope that made a person continue to wish for the preposterous.

Her train of thoughts were broken when Vihaan's mother came towards them and asked Vihaan to accompany his friends and other guests. It was time for her mehendi. Since childhood, Aarohi loved mehendi. The intricate patterns, the dark rich colour of henna beautifying her hands always made her happy. But today, when the mehendi artists took their seats beside her and her hands in theirs, her stomach churned in nervousness. It was her mehendi ceremony. Her hands will carry his name, Vihaan's name.

Amrit and Smriti also made themselves comfortable around them while Sandhya excused herself for some time. Bollywood songs played in the hall and Aarohi soon found herself getting distracted by them and humming the tunes. She didn't notice when some more ladies had gathered until she heard them chattering and gossiping. They must be from the groom's side, she thought as she was seeing them for the first time.

"She just got divorced two months back but she doesn't seem to be much affected by it." One woman spoke and Aarohi looked in the direction where the woman's eyes led her to. There was a girl who seemed to be in her mid twenties and she was talking with Vihaan and other people whom she presumed to be Vihaan's friends in a friendly manner.

"Her marriage didn't even last for six months! Such a pity." Another woman exclaimed in a dramatic manner.

"Well I don't think it's something to be shocked over. Surely surprising but not shocking. After all, the guy was so rich and handsome who could have got anybody. Everyone wondered why he even went for someone who looked so average and had a dark complexion." The third woman spat out, disgust evident in her voice.

Aarohi felt herself getting agitated. She was about to interrupt their conversation with a snarky comment but one look towards her mother and she stopped herself. Rachna's eyes almost begged her to keep her mouth shut.

"I know right." The first woman spoke again. "Look at her. She's so chubby and fat. Definitely didn't deserve him."

That was it. Don't these lot have anything better than to make someone's personal life as their topic of discussion and blabber nonsense about them?

"We don't bodyshame in this house." She stated coolly, her eyes on the girl who was still busy in the conversation but her voice gave away how dead serious she was about it.

The women looked in her direction and shut their mouth instantly. Even the mehendi artists froze and stopped their work. Rachna wished she could disappear along with her daughter. She didn't want them to humiliate her daughter or create a ruckus. The ladies found it was better to leave from there than to utter a word so they left making a lame excuse.

"Why did you both stop?" Amrit said to the artists. "Continue drawing the mehendi. I want the best for my Bhabhi." She smiled.

Before Rachna could lecture her daughter, Smriti put an arm around Aarohi and squeezed her shoulders lightly and flashed her a wide smile

"I knew you're the best." Smriti said proudly.

"Rich people can actually be very shallow at times." Amrit gave her a sad smile.

"Not necessarily. Anyone can be narrow minded irrespective of their class or status." Aarohi shrugged and gave both the sisters a grateful smile for understanding her and being on her side.

Rachna breathed a sigh of relief. They definitely must be bitching about me now, Aarohi thought to herself and suppressed a laugh.

The mehendi was done and needless to say it looked exquisite. Aarohi refused to apply it on back of her palm and foot so it didn't take much time. Vihaan and his three friends which included the girl as well made their way towards Aarohi since they wanted to meet her.

"Hi, I'm Diya." The girl greeted and forwarded her hand for a handshake.

Aarohi raised her hand showing the mehendi and scrunched her nose adorably. "Sorry."

"Oops." Diya said feeling a little embarrassed.

"I'm Aarohi. Dr Aarohi Sharma. You've a very pretty smile." Aarohi complimented Diya truthfully. She indeed had a kind of smile that could make others smile. Diya's smile grew wider on hearing that.

The other two guys, Rohit and Ishaan introduced themselves. They were Vihaan's college friends while Diya was his friend since school times and her family was close to his own. They all chatted for a while getting familiar with each other. Aarohi didn't feel uncomfortable or awkward around them. The way they talked to her, made her feel included she felt thankful and happy to be surrounded by nice people. Vihaan indeed has some amazing people around him.

"How did you get so lucky to have such a beautiful woman like Aarohi with you?" Diya asked Vihaan, her voice playful and curious.

"I wonder the same." Smriti agreed followed by Ishaan, Rohit and Amrit.

Aarohi glanced at Vihaan who had an offended expression on his face.

"Y'all have just met her once while know me since years. Do y'all seriously hate me so much?" He scoffed.

"Vibes don't lie Vihaan and I get some really good vibes from your fiancè." Diya stated teasingly.

"Chill dude. You don't have to be so insecure of your own fiancè. There are people who can be better than you, you know!?" Ishaan chuckled and high fived Rohit. Vihaan rolled his eyes.

"Jalkukda." Aarohi murmured under her breath.

"What did you say?" Vihaan whispered, his eyebrows pulled down together.

Aarohi's eyes widened in shock. She didn't expect him to hear that. She opened and closed her mouth like a fish. "I- I didn't say anything, did I?" She asked innocently.

Glaring at her one last time, he moved his attention away from her towards his friends who still were making fun of him.

"What the- " Aarohi yelled when she felt someone covering her eyes by their palms.

"Who are you? Remove your hands." She said but no answer came.

"Kiara?" Aarohi asked.

No reply again.

After a couple of wrong guesses and lot of thinking, she finally said hoping to get it right this time. "Aarti?"

The girl squealed in joy and almost strangled Aarohi's neck from behind while hugging her.

"Oh my god!" Both the girls said together frantically unable to control their happiness on seeing each other after almost two years.

"You're getting married." Aarti grinned.

"And you're already married."Aarohi said enthusiastically remembering the last time they met was during Aarti's marriage and after that they're meeting during her wedding.

Vihaan was enjoying the entertainment. Aarohi had a permanent smile etched on her face, a smile so wide that he was sure could creep out a few people.

"So this is Aarti, my friend." Aarohi introduced and Aarti waved a hand towards everyone.

"Where's Kabir?" Aarohi asked.

"There." Aarti pointed to the direction where Kabir, her husband was talking with Aarohi's father.

"You look so happy and that makes me even more happy." Aarohi said, her eyes depicting the honesty behind her words.

Aarti beamed. "It's shocking that Aarohi is getting married. Surely, it must be Vihaan's magic." Aarti said to Vihaan, clearly being impressed by him. Afterall everything about him screamed perfection.

Vihaan shot a smug look at Aarohi. "It's just the charm." He replied playfully and now it was Aarohi's turn to roll her eyes. Everyone else giggled. The evening continued with talks and laughter and smiles.

"The music is too much." Vihaan spoke attracting Aarohi's attention.

"You don't like it? I love music."

"Why?"

"It distracts you." She said flatly.

"It doesn't for me. All it does is remind me of unwanted things." He said in a monotone.

Aarohi wondered what he was talking about but she didn't push it by asking him. "I see. So do you hate music and songs?" She questioned.

"I don't. It's just I'm not fond of it either."

Aarohi thought deeply. "Just like how you aren't much fond of me either." She mused.

He knitted his eyebrows in confusion.

"I meant my name, Aarohi means music or tune. You aren't fond of both." She explained and snickered.

"As if you are quite fond of me." He snorted making Aarohi giggle even more.

Aarohi didn't know that annoying Vihaan and getting those grumpy expressions in return would be so much fun. She had enjoyed herself fully when Vihaan's friends were pulling his leg and now this. It was fun to get him irritated and those hilarious expressions that expressed how offended he was added to the entertainment. She hoped to continue it in the near future.

Surely, Vihaan liked her, was attracted to her but the woman was unpredictable and drove him crazy as well. One moment, he felt like he could go on admiring her till eternity and the next moment, he wished he could be anywhere but in her vicinity.

Aarohi was like water. She adjusted herself in whatever situation she was placed in only if she wanted to. He had seen her being unbothered when they went for shopping, being distant during engagement, being mature and understanding when he asked for forgiveness and being friendly today. She was complicated whereas he was as simple as black and white. He carried his aura wherever he went. He was intimidating and powerful, chivalrous and polite and he preferred being the same everywhere irrespective of circumstances. If anyone has to adjust then it's always the other person.

After the ceremony, everyone had dinner and retired to their respective rooms. Kiara was already asleep since she had a work day and missed the occasion and on top of that she was slightly unwell. Checking if Kiara had taken the medicines and adjusting the covers properly over her frame, Aarohi laid down on her side of the bed.

Tomorrow will be the haldi ceremony and then the wedding. Just two days and she'll be Aarohi Agarwal from Aarohi Sharma. The thought alone caused a shiver run down her spine. She shook her head trying to get rid of unnecessary thoughts and tried to sleep in peace.

***

*Jalkukda - jealous person

Firstly, thank you 1k reads. Truly means a lot (•‿•)

And hope you're liking the book 💓

• Thank you for reading •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

332K 12.6K 40
BILLIONAIRE × DOCTOR (Marriage series- arranged marriage) English × hindi dialogues ~•••••••~ ~•••••••~ The minute I heard my first love, I sta...
3.2M 107K 63
"Why the hell did you tell them that you are my wife?" he whisper yelled at me. I stared at him in disbelief. "Answer me you useless" he yelled again...
679K 35.1K 46
"Mom i told you na ! I don't wanna get married . Be honest what do I lack . I have money , family, house, and a car . But all you want is for me to...
17.2K 824 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...