Assassin [H.S.]

By reignflwr

"I didn't mean spying, darling." he says while his fingers dance around to hold the cigarette in between the... More

Intro/Teaser
Prologue
One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thrity Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Fourty
Fourty One
Fourty Two
Fourty Three
Fourty Four
Fourty Five
Fourty-Six
Fourty-Seven
Fourty-Eight
Fourty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five

Three

192 7 0
By reignflwr

A/N: *This TVD reference will come in handy later on :)*

10:15am
Date: March 29th, 2018
Location: Greendale Providence High School, Oregon

Sloane Davenport

"Oh, I forgot to tell you.." Celine begins to talk while our government teacher Ms. Icheman is going over policy making for environmental issues.

"I uh..I bumped into Brayden at the party. He was asking where ya went. I told him that you blew off early, sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

I glanced back at her, hoping that's all she was going to tell me. The conversation of his name is too erey at this time of the day.

"Oh, uh..really? I didn't see him there when we arrived." I tell her, dribbling my pencil back and forth, a bad habit that's consumed me whenever I get flustered. All because of him...

"Well he was in the basement, getting high with the guys and he only saw getting out the door when he came up stairs." she says bluntly.

I'm glad that he only got to see me for a split second because I didn't want to bring up the drama that we didn't finish a few weeks back. I even had to put him on mute because of how goddamn annoying the messages are. Devon even asked me if he was that clingy. He definitely was when he was with me.

"-And with that it is why the Environmental Protection Agency has to have laws that are regulated and improved by the supreme court and the president, questions anyone?" Ms. Icheman switches to the next slide.

My eyes are in a fighting battle to stay awake as I see some students groggy and still asleep during her lecture. She basically takes up the whole class time going over the chapters way too much.

I get a buzz from the back of my jean pocket, noting that it might be Wilkins or one of the team. I pull it out, secretly from Ms. Icheman's view as she returns back to the chapter review.

...
Cory: Sloane, can you call me? it's urgent.

Another text pops up.

Cory: Use your burner

And another.

Cory: Please call me if you see this!!

...

"Who's texting you?" I turn my head to see Cece trying to glance at my screen. Shit, really Cory? At this hour, especially when my best friend is next to me.

I can't leave Cory left to read.

"Oh it's my boss. He just wants to make sure I didn't make a mess at the office." I lie. She nods and goes back to drawing on her notebook.

Picking up my backpack, I draw my hand inside, trying to reach for my burner phone, blinded. Once I grab it, I slip it in my back pocket.

Raising my hand, it catches Ms. Icheman's attention.

"Yes Sloane, do you have a question?" She says, almost excited that one student is generous to being thoughtful.

"Oh, um, I was going to ask to use the bathroom?" I ask shyly, hoping she won't be upset that I'm interrupting her lectures.

"Go ahead, make it quick." She lets me off the hook, as I get up from my seat, grabbing the bathroom pass and out the door.

I scurry out quickly, down the hall as the bathrooms are just near the chemistry lab classes. Pushing the door open, I quickly scan to see if anyone else is here. It's empty but i make sure by checking under the stalls for shoes. It's all clear here.

I snatch my burner phone out of my pocket, pressing down on the buttons looking for Cory's number.

The reason why we still have burners is because if anything goes wrong, we still have to keep in touch and Wilkins will get pissed if we lose these things.

I spot his number, pressing down on the number and leaning it to my ear. It keeps ringing and ringing until it picks up after the 4th dial.

"Sloane, you there?" Cory asks.

"Yeah, why the hell did you wanna call me in the middle of my class. My teacher was going to snap in front of me for interrupting her lecture."

"Oh thank fucking god it's you." He lets out a sigh of relief.

"Cory, what the hell is going on? Why are you calling me during class?" I glanced back to make sure that the door didn't open.

"I just got word from Wilkins. Another one of our agents just got burned, which means it's definitely SIDD for sure."

I shake my head, frustrated that every member of CASTA is getting killed off by our rival agency.

"Do you know who it was?" I ask him.

"No, and I called Devon making sure that it wasn't her, but I haven't heard from Damien. He hasn't called back and he's undercover at one of the high schools right now. He might the burned victim right now." He's definitely flustered by all of this.

"Shit.." I pace myself, walking back and forth in the bathroom. If anything happens to Damien, SIDD is for sure going to bring us down for good.

"Do you think someone from SIDD is at that school right now? I ask. "..Because they're in the exact same positions as we are."

"I was thinking about that too, so Wilkins decided to send another agent in to make sure he's okay. The tracker on his phone is still on right now, but he hasn't gotten back on any messages or calls. What I needed you to do is access the school files for each grade student. Hand it to me tomorrow and I can search up the Lyses' kid. Got it?" He urges me.

The 10 minute break period isn't in a few minutes, which only gives me a small window to spare. If I go in during lunch, for sure someone will see in the computer lab. But I don't have time after school, because that's when I'm at headquarters. I guess lunch time will do.

"Yeah, gotcha. I'll see you soon. Be careful Cory." I whisper as I start to head out.

"See ya later Sloane malone.." I roll my eyes as he ends the call and slip my burner back into my pocket.

Pushing the door open, I walk back with a much urgent stride, hoping Ms. Icheman doesn't get mad at me for taking up the bathroom break.

As I turn around the sharp corner, I look back to see if anyone saw me but my attention is suddenly off guard from straight ahead as I collide with a heavy body in front. My head slams right in front of a white linen long sleeve.

"Um..pardon me.." His raspy voice turns to my attention as I start to feel overwhelmed by his presence.

Giving my up and down look, the facial recognition turns back on. The green iridescent eyes seem to be confused as this is the second time I bumped into him.

"Oh, I-um..um I'mm sorry I wasn't paying attention." Obviously, dumbass. I shake my head, trying to erase my stupidity.

"No worries. It's the second time this happened love, but hey third times the charm.." He smirks, knowing this encounter isn't what he expected.

I try to step out of his way taking one foot forward, but in the exact time, he goes in the same direction.

"Oh..um.." I try going the other way, but he also mirrors my exact steps. But knowing that I have to get back to class, he lets me through as he stands by the side, opening the way for me.

"Thank you." I say, walking back to Icheman's. But for a moment, I turn my back and see he's looking at me as he stands where we collided. He smiles and then within one step, he goes back to his class.

Letting a sigh of relief, I put my hand to my heart, trying to let it calm down after being flustered again by the new boy.

I swear if the universe is playing games with me, it better not let me see him a third time. He might just get sick of me seeing him around school.

Opening the door to Icheman's, the class turns to face me as I slowly put back the bathroom pass. I look at Ms. Icheman, who seems to be irritated to the fact I took up my time learning from her environmental government lecture.

Oh, please. If your google slides presentation wasn't 100 slides long, I would have taken my sweet as time doing it. Returning to my seat, I see Cece with a confused look on her face.

"What took you so long? She was about to call my name on a question I didn't have the answer to!" She whispers.

"Sorry, I got held up." I whisper. I secretly grab my burner from my back pocket and put it in my backpack, letting it drop with my weapons and school work.

As the lecture goes on, I keep thinking back to my second collision earlier and the one a few seconds ago. It was weird that he and I met each other again out in the halls. He must have been on a bathroom break too I guess.

I try to keep my attention back to the lecture. But of course, I'm distracted by thoughts of this tall, British boy who seems to have some effect on me.

Its probably because he has an accent, which ladies swoon over for. If I'm gonna get swept by my feet for this guy, CASTA better not interfere with it. My double life is the only thing that keeps me going through this cruel world and intend to live longer than some of the people here who think they're unbeatable,

It's happened before. I promised myself that my relationship with Brayden would never come across my job with CASTA. In the end, it was too close of a call when I broke up with him. He's getting on edge to why I did it and whether my "job" was the problem.

That's the thing I mostly regret, is being with someone who never gave it their all with me. They always end up breaking up your promises no matter.

Another rule: Don't make promises that you can't keep.

//

And if any of y'all are confused how to pronounce the teachers name it's IKE-MEN. That was actually my government teachers last name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 7.5K 49
Tags: G. Weasley X OC Smut fluff Post-war timeline Mature themes! Forbidden lovers trope Secret affair Drama Mystery ANGST Action Completed...
244 19 13
Imagine... The Hunger Games But Spy Racers "The closer someone gets to you, the harder it is to keep them alive. There isn't much time." This is my b...
762K 17.4K 48
MATURE CONTENT: some may say a smut overload EDITING/REWRITING One night. A night filled with passion and longing. The annual ball has finally come...
4.4K 746 43
Aiden Quick, a sophomore at North Coastal High, receives a mysterious text message identifying him as Agent 23 and demanding he activate or face term...