Past, Present, and Future: Le...

By ablessedvessel

⚠️Slow Updates⚠️ Y/N's mother, Laura, ruined her own life. She decided to abandon the decent life she had alo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
- Chapter 22 -
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
- Chapter 34 -
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 4

3.9K 99 53
By ablessedvessel

Weeks went by since then.

Y/N was doing well in taking care of herself.

She got in many fatal fights...fatal for them.

Some tried take the few items she holds dear.

Others wanted to take her space or simply wanted to cause trouble to the young girl.

Y/N didn't let anyone touch her.

She'd use anything around as a weapon, mercilessly killing anyone that tried to challenge her.

...

My cloak is almost completely coated with dry blood from the idiots who've tried to get in my way.

I have some cuts and bruises on me, but I didn't care. It's nothing compared to what they got.

The newspapers I have are the only thing that keep me occupied. At this point, I memorized all of its content, but it was the only thing I had that kept my mind off things.

I haven't had much to eat lately since vendors know who I am now.

I'm all out of the candy the girl gave me weeks ago. I tried to make them last, but some who've confronted me were able to take some from me.

Bastards.

-----

All of a sudden, I could hear 2 sets of footsteps approaching. I discreetly hid my journal under my cloak as I heard them get closer. When they stopped, I looked up, seeing two people wearing long, dark cloaks, in front of me. Their hoods were covering their faces, but I could tell they were looking down at me. One of them is much taller than the other.

"Do you have a death wish?" I menaced. Since they didn't respond, I was just about to get up and attack, but then one of them pushed the hood off their head, revealing their face. It was the girl! I was surprised since I was thinking of her moments ago.

I stood up and asked her, "How did you find me?"

"I wanna help you," she said, avoiding my question. I furrowed my brows at her in confusion.

The person who accompanied her removed their hood as well, revealing their face. A man, maybe around his 30s stood beside her. He had a determined yet calm expression on both his face and overall body language. I took a step back, slightly intimidated at the sight of him, but refused to break eye contact.

He looked down to his left side, beginning to rummage through his pockets. When he found what he needed, he approached and handed me a neatly folded document.

I grabbed, unfolded, and examined the page; It's a forged citizenship with my name on it so I can go Aboveground...but this last name is unfamiliar to me.

"Hange."

The man then took out two other neatly creased pages and opened them, revealing to me their citizenships. What are they up to?

Soon enough, the man approached me again. I backed away again, preventing him from getting too close. Instead of taking another step forward, he simply extended his arm. In his hand, he was clutching a piece of clothing. I looked at the girl and she simply grinned at me.

"Put this on," the male said. I reached out and gently took hold of it. When he let go and I held it, I noticed it was a clean, oversized, dark cloak. Just like theirs. I'll follow their lead...for now.

As I was about to remove my dirty cloak, the girl extended her arm out, asking for the document, newspapers, and journal. The items she's given me. I hesitantly handed them to her and proceeded to change.

I took off my dirty cloak and let it drop to the ground. I fixed the frail clothing I had on underneath, then put the new cloak on.

Right when I put it on, the man said, "Let's go."

...

As we walked, I could feel the girl staring at me. I don't know why they're helping me, but I need to be ready at any moment. This could be a trap.

By the time we got to the entrance, we were all asked for proof of citizenship. There are different MPs at the gate this time. The man and girl handed them the documents, the soldiers looked over them, then at us. They gave the pages back to the man, then let us pass.

When we got to the top gate, the MPs unlocked and opened it, then let us through.

As soon as we emerged from Underground, I was surprised to see how bright everything was. I used my hand to shade my eyes, squinting from the strong sun rays. So this is what it's like. The two of them continued walking and I remained behind them.

When we were at a safe distance from the gate, the girl turned around, held her arms out and beamed, "Welcome!"

"Who the hell are you and why are you helping me?"

The man turned around and said directly, "I'm a high ranked undercover soldier of the Military Police, Leon Hange. I was sent alongside the Commander of the Scout Regiment to restore order Underground."

"I'm his daughter, Zoe Hange, but you can call me Hange. I'm 14 and recently became a scout."

She started explaining to me her fascination of the Titans and the amount of research she's done. What do the MPs and the scouts have to do with me? Whatever it is, I'm not going to fall for it.

"Come with us. We'll show you where you will be staying," said Leon. I reached for and pulled the hood of the cloak over my head, hesitantly following them.

It took them several hours to arrive to their destination: the Orvud District.

Throughout the trip, Y/N refused to sleep. Leon attempted to reassure her, but she didn't trust his words. She didn't trust him. She didn't trust anyone.

For the duration of the carriage ride, she remained alert, especially since she didn't know where she was being taken to.

...

When the carriage stopped moving, I assumed we've arrived at the destination. "We're here," said Leon. He got up from the seat across from me and crouched down, tapping Hange on the shoulder who was fast asleep on the carriage floor.

When she woke, she got up, stretched, then followed her father out. Once they were out, I followed. As soon as I was out, I looked around at my surroundings.

We stopped in front of a large home. The strong sun rays were now shining in the opposite direction, allowing me to see the clear sky. I truly am out of the Underground...

"This is where you'll be staying for the time being," Leon stated. I looked back down at eye-level, staring at the back of his head. Suddenly, a middle-aged woman came out of the home and approached us.

"Ohh, is this the young girl you've been talkin' to me about?"

"Yes Miss Sandra. Please take good care of her," said Leon.

The woman smiled at them, then approached me and said, "Welcome my dear." She tried to reach around my back, but I backed away, not wanting to be touched. I don't know what their plan is, but I'm not falling for it. I'm going to go with it for now, but if they try anything, I'll kill them!

Y/N walked straight past them and entered the home.

"Give her time Sandra. She's been through a lot," Leon told the woman. She gently smiled and nodded understandingly. Leon and Hange said goodbye to Miss Sandra, then returned to the carriage. Once they were gone, she turned around, reentering her home.

When I entered the house, I saw an abundance of children of all ages inside. They all noticed me and immediately approached, trying to talk to me. The many voices speaking at once made me start to get a headache. I huffed and made way to the door. I walked past the woman and closed the door, sitting on small set of steps by the door outside. Great. I'm in a damn orphanage.

I gave Hange's father that name because...I don't know. I was thinking really hard about it too. If you can come up with a better one, let me know. 😅

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

983K 39K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
169K 5.2K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...
182K 7.5K 53
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
1M 17.7K 43
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...