Military Mate

Galing kay HaleyReneeDavis

Gem Davis has always known she was different. She's always been stronger and more in tune with her sense... Higit pa

Chapter 1 : My Return Home...
Chapter 2 : Stranger Danger
Chapter 3 : Mate
Chapter 5 : The Shift
Chapter 6: Im a what??!?!
Chapter 7 : The Confrontation
Chapter 8 : Prisoner
Chapter 9 : Wolf Blood?
Chapter 10 : All Good Things Must Come to an End
Chapter 11 : Retalliation
Chapter 12 : Her Wolf
Chapter 13 : Meeting the Mom
Chapter 14 : Jacob Black.... Where You At?
Chapter 15 : Desire
Cover
Chapter 16 : Heat Denial
Rant
New story
Chapter 17 : Meeting the Dad
Chapter 18 : The Painful Past- Part one
Chapter 19 : The Painful Past - Part Two
Chapter 20 : I Still Despise You
Chapter 21 : It Rhymes With Bitch
Chapter 22 : What are the Chances?
Chapter 23 : Then What Am I?
Chapter 24 : Deception and Realization
Cool news!
Chapter 25 : Great Timing Guys
Chapter 26 : Hey, You're an Asshole!
Chapter 27 : Of the Best Intentions
Chapter 28: Lucky Be A Lady
Chapter 29: Its Hot in Here, But im Keeping my Clothes On.
Chapter 30: So, You're Telling Me...
Update

Chapter 4 : Kidnapping

21K 783 94
Galing kay HaleyReneeDavis

Gems p.o.v.

I smelled it before I saw it. Morphine. In the military, we were trained to observe things like animals. Taking in scents, sounds, and textures all at the same time. Morphine is a familiar drug, in fact it's commonly used in hospitals for treating pain. But, one of its immediate side effects happens to be dangerous. Drowsiness, or in large doses, fainting. It has a distinct scent, like cleaning alcohol and purel. With my somehow enhanced smell, it almost burns my nose when I inhale it. How did I not notice this earlier?

Oh.... If there's one smell more pungent then morphine, its coffee. Well great, I had literally just been inside an incredibly cramped small caffe. Perfect. Wait, oh hell no, what was this obvious lunatic doing walking around with morphine. And by the pungent scent, quite a lot of it too. Please tell me he's secretly a doctor, and is totally qualified to have morphine on him.... please?

   But my brain is to smart for that wishful thought, and immediately shoots it down. He's not old enough to be a doctor, or any medical student for that matter... Oh crap, out of all the people you meet on your first day back Gem, it just had to be a possible serial
killer. Fabulous...

Can't I get a break for one day? Honestly. All I ask for, is one free day. One, single 24 hour period of Popcorn and Magic Mike. Is that too damn much to ask? With I sigh, I decide not to sugarcoat the situation anymore. " What's with the morphine? " I ask, and I swear, his shapely eyebrows shot straight up to his hairline.

   His jaw drops for a half second, but before I can exploit it he hinges his jaw shut again. His chocolate colored orbs observe me calculatingly, questions darting around in their surface. " How did you know?" He asks sternly, for some reason his voice sounds different. More.... authoritative maybe? It had definitely gone down an octave or two, for a split mili-second I almost considered answering. Yes it was actually that authoritative.

" X-ray vision." I say casually with a small shoulder shrug. When I responded with my answer, he seemed to choke on his own spit as he stares at me in shock. Like he had expected me to get on my knees and bow down to him or something. Oh great, so this guys insane and he also thinks he has the force too!

   Fantastic, a star wars junkie lunatic. Rolling my eyes, I sigh again. This time with more annoyance. Then, something funny happens. He looks at me in total awe, like I had just shed my skin and became a butterfly right in front of him. " Y-you have x ray vision?" He stutters out in shock, his eyes wide like a small child's as he gasps in amazement. This time I can't help it, I burst out laughing. Large yelps and hollers of complete and total disbelief escape my lips and a burning sensation starts in my sides.

Attempting to stop myself from laughing, I clutch my sides in a failed attempt. I clamp my mouth shut to try to stop the laughter, but small whimpers and parts of boisterous laughter escape my almost closed lips. Probably making me sound like a dying squirrel, but I be honest I really didn't care. Oh my god, this guy is way higher then I thought he was.

    H-he actually thought I have x ray vision! How freaking stupid is this guy? All I can say is, way to many x-men marathons dude... When I finally manage to sober myself from my laughter induced high, I'm still chuckling slightly. " Dude, you actually thought that I have x-ray vision? Holy crap man, how old are you, two?" With my own sarcastic remark, I find myself cracking up into hysterics again. By now, tears are freely pouring out of the corners of my eyes. But out of my murky, tear influenced vision I could still see his blank/slightly pissed facial expression.

Wiping the salty tears from my eyes I almost sigh dreamily. Man, it's been a while since I've laughed that hard. If course I laughed with all my military friends, pretty damn hard too. But It's been a while since I've actually had time to take time and laugh that hard. When I look up, I'm confused to see a ghost of a smile tugging his mouth upwards.

   " What's so funny toddler?" I ask, a slight sassy tone in my voice. My hand automatically goes to my hip as I cock it out slightly and pout in a little baby voice. I've officially decided that's going to be his nickname. I know right, it's perfect. He is really, like a toddler. Well, that's sticking with him forever... When I heard soft mumbling I locked my eyes with his and listened intently.

My eyes turned vicious as I heard him speak so low, it seemed to be carried on the wind. " You won't be saying that when you're in our house...." Wait what, I'm not going anywhere near this mans house. He's crazy, duh!!! That's when I realized what the morphine is for, oh god, he's gonna try to knock me out! For some reason I wasn't exactly as freaked out as I guess I should be. He hasn't had years of military training, and I happen to have just that.If he tries anything, I'll kick his ass.

Suddenly, his eyes glaze over in some way, and it almost looks as If he is having a conversation with someone. Ok, star-wars junkie, lunatic, complete psychopath, and apparently he likes to converse with himself. When his eyes slip on me, they darken for a fraction of a second. I feel the movement before I see it.

   Thump, thump, thump, movement thudding through the ground and vibrating through my feet. Some thing is coming up behind me... After my thoughts, I zone out on the rumbling. It's closer now, the vibrations rattling my nerves more then before. Soon, the booming evens out into an identifiable pattern. Footsteps! I realize finally.

When I spin around, I confirm my thoughts. Three men, all of them strong and tough looking, running up behind me at a steady pace. What the hell, how did this guy contact these other men? He's been standing here with me the whole time! He must have an earpiece in or something.... right? But when I spin around and look at his pierced ears, I see nothing at all. No black piece and no cord, okay now I'm seriously curious. He couldn't have actually planned this all through could he? Dammit, I really think to freaking much. When I was caught up in my thoughts, the men had run closer. Close enough so that I was able to identify their facial features. Two seemed to be twins, shaggy brown hair and green emerald eyes.

    While the other seemed to look the opposite, sporting short blonde hair and what looks like a forever stuck on icy blue glare. What struck me is that they're all incredibly handsome. Okay, what drugs are they taking.... Cause I want some!

No seriously, hit me up with whatever you're stoned on, please? It took a second for me to realize what was happening in my dazed moment. They're attempting to kidnap me! Yeah right, Three years of military training isn't yoga class imbeciles! They seem tough, but when I asses them I'm my mind there are obvious weaknesses for me to pick up on. I should be able to take all four of them, at least I'm 99.9% sure.

   Anger begins seeping it's way through the torn seems of my calmness, and I find myself getting extremely pissed. They're going to regret ever thinking of hurting me. I'm going to make them suffer for their foolishness!

I can't exactly pin point what, but I felt as if something in me had just been triggered. An instinct, no, a primal instinct. I suddenly felt as if they needed to feel more then pain, I felt the need to spill blood. They had dared to disturb my first day off of the army lifestyle, and my first chance to relax.

   It's not right, that they can just waltz in my life and have the audacity to try and fuck it up. No, I won't let them ruin my freedom. I'm tired of looking over my shoulder constantly, I'm tired of letting things injure me. I won't be taken down by a bunch of cocky idiots, I'm a military Sargent for God sakes! With a deep breath, I step forwards.

The three unknown men falter in their steps, seemingly surprised that I didn't turn tail and run away. With a scoff I just cross my arms and give them an icy glare of my own. One that intimidated people in Iraq, and scared at least 100 trainees shitless.

   My icy glare is nothing to joke about, Ive been told by others that it seems as if I'm staring openly at your soul. Yes, I know it's that scary. So scary, that all four men, including the one with the morphine take a shaky step back. As if they had expected anything but my reaction.

    " It's a shame, I was really looking forward to drinking this coffee. I haven't had any in three years after all. " My icy glare works it's wonders, and my cold unforgiving voice mixes in the perfect combination with it. I say , I sound pretty damn scary if I do say so myself.

They all seem to be stunned, but when my words finally register in their minds all of their eyebrows shoot up substantially. " Wha-" One of the shaggy haired twins says, but before he can even finish his word, boiling hot coffee splatters across all four of them. Deep groans and yelps of pain immediately roar from all three men and they all scramble backwards. I can only imagine how much that would hurt, being as it was so hot I couldn't even drink it yet.

   That will definitely leave a scar of some sort. " Now I don't know if you're all mentally stable, to be honest. So if you like, I can do more then boiling hot coffee if the message doesn't get by clear enough. But I'm only gonna say this one time, if you ever think of challenging my strength again, you better pray to whatever weed induced god you've got. Cause next time, I'll use my fists instead, ya got it?" The four grown men were all shaking pathetically in pain, shock, and horror. To dumbfounded to respond to my blatant question. They sat there like total idiots before I officially lost my shit.

" When I ask a question, you respond!" I'm now full on yelling at the top of my lungs, and to be honest I probably look like the Devils daughter but I could care less. Once again, the question seemed to float around in their empty heads for a second before they finally got it.

   " Y-y-yes." They all stutter out pathetically, their voices heavy with an attempt to mask their pain. With the torture and pain I've endured, I know what that sounds like. All of a sudden something snapped, and no it was not my bridge to insanity thank you very much. It was much, much worse. * Que running and screaming* What can possibly be worse then that you ask? I'll tell you what, all of my ribs breaking simultaneously at the same time for no apparent reason.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

419K 9.2K 47
"You know you still want me." he said cockily. "As if!" I yelled at him. "I must say, I like the new look." he all but smirked. *****************...
8.2K 291 44
"I should've done something to stop him, but I couldn't, because his touch was irresistible." Having unnatural powers and being a one-of-a-kind never...
32.6K 1.1K 7
"Fucking hell, Angel. Don't look at me like that." Anthony urges, holding the side of her neck with his hand. With tinted cheeks, Estella blushed bef...
7.5K 479 28
Matilda Brown has never seen the world outside of the walls. Her community is relatively small, at least compared to the outside world, and yet she's...