π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘ π‹πŽπ’π“ || AO...

By Melisje03

Many years ago on your first expedition, you lost everything you had. Your twinbrother Levi and your two frie... More

[ Act I ]
[ Chapter 01 ]
[ Chapter 02 ]
[ Chapter 03 ]
[ Chapter 04 ]
[ Chapter 05 ]
[ Chapter 06 ]
[ Chapter 07 ]
[ Chapter 08 ]
[ Chapter 09 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
chapter 12
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[ Chapter 27 ]
[ Act II ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Act III Pt. I ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]

[ Chapter 35 ]

6.5K 235 535
By Melisje03

Uhm would anyone be interested in a BNHA/OP fanfic cuz chile- 😳

☆☆☆

A Titan followed closely behind the two of you, wanting to bite its teeth into you. You snapped the reigns again, wanting to speed up and escape but it didn't want to stop following you.

In the corner of your eye, you saw Ymir sprinting towards you and Erwin with fire in her eyes. Your eyes widened as your gripped the reigns of Erwin's horse tighter. Was she planning to attack the Commander for this suicide mission?

To your surprise, Ymir's Titan form jumped onto the Titan that was chasing the two of you just now. The impact of her weight onto the ground caused you and Erwin to fall of the horse, though.

You landed somewhere farther away from the commander, hitting the ground harshly. A Titan planted on the ground next to you as it was thrown by Reiner in his Titan form, its huge empty eyes staring at your small body as it towered over you.

You scrambled back to your feet, taking a step backwards, shooting a look at Erwin who was just sitting up a small distance away.

You duck as the Titan slammed his hand down at you, avoiding his slow attack. You sprinted towards the commander, the Titan now distracted by another Survey Corps member. "Erwin!" You shouted at him.

His eyes locked with yours, putting his sword up to his chest. You crouched right before him, ripping a piece of your skirt. You wrapped the strip of fabric around what was left of his arm, trying to stop most of the intense bleeding. "We need to get you out of here.." You said as you tightened it a bit.

"Commander!" A soldier came running up to the two of you but was picked up by a Titan and got eaten alive. Erwin looked down.

"I can always be replaced. More importantly, find Eren and retreat. Time is of the essence!" He said as he stared up at the soldier getting eaten in front of you.

You looked down, your eyes shadowed causing a dark look on your face. Was he being serious?

Another Titan came flying and landed on the ground. You looked up to see Reiner in his Titan form with Berthold on his shoulder getting closer to you and the rest.

"Commander! The Armored one is- it's coming!" A voice shouted. With every heavy step the Armored Titan took, the ground seemed to shake.

Many soldiers around you were eaten, screaming out to the Commander that led them into the mission.

You could see Eren and Mikasa sitting in the distance in front of the Titan that ate their mom. Blood from Hannes' body still on its mouth. The young teen shouted loudly, throwing a punch at its hand. It felt as if the time stood still.

Then you felt it. Electricity seemed to flow through your blood as your [E/C] eyes begin to lit up.

...

"Y̶m̶i̶r̶.. I̶'l̶l̶ p̶r̶o̶t̶e̶c̶t̶ y̶o̶u̶ f̶r̶o̶m̶ h̶i̶m̶..."

"Y̶o̶u̶ c̶a̶n̶'t̶.. n̶o̶ o̶n̶e̶ c̶a̶n̶.. w̶e̶'r̶e̶ o̶n̶l̶y̶ s̶l̶a̶v̶e̶s̶ a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ a̶l̶l̶..

...

Titans that once gathered around you went running off to where Eren was with the Smiling Titan. They jumped on her and bit at her flesh, ripping her body apart.

Eren took Mikasa on his back and ran away from the scene. Reiner's Titan ran after him. The brunet boy stopped and shouted again, letting out all his frustration.

The Titan that were eating the Smiling Titan now focused on the two Titan Shifters instead.

You wrapped your arm around Erwin's torso, pulling him up to his feet. "It can't be..  She's creating a way for us to escape!" You said to him.

Erwin turned to look at the Armored Titan that was now surrounded by multiple Titans. "Don't let this chance escape! Full retreat!" He ordered everyone that was still alive and around.

In the corner of your eye you saw Ymir going back to help Berthold and Reiner. Your heart clenched. Even after all what she has gone through, she still decided to offer herself up like she always has done.

A soldier passed you and the commander, pointing to the extra horse he had. You nodded your head and took it.

You climbed on the animal and reached out a hand to Erwin. "Let's go" He took your hand and joined you, his arm wrapped around you securely just like before.

You snapped the reigns and followed the rest of the group, taking off to the walls to retreat.

You glanced behind you before looking ahead of you. "Don't say you are replaceable, dumbass" you said softly, only Erwin hearing your words.

His arm tightened around your waist as he placed his head on yours, a tiny smile visible on his face. At least he managed to save you, despite all the losses that he caused.

●●●

You walked through the quiet hallways of the headquarters, stopping in front of a wooden door. You knocked on it two times before getting a reply. "Yes?" You heard a voice from inside call out.

You opened the door and peaked your head through, staring directly at the blond commander who was sitting on a hospital bed, reading a book. "Can I come in?"

He smiled softly at you as he nodded, closing his book. "Ofcourse you can.." Erwin placed his book on the nightstand as you made your way inside.

You put your hands behind your back, folding them together. "I see you're doing better?" You said in a questionable manner.

"I am in fact, the doctor said I should be able to leave any time soon." He explained a little, patting on a spot on the bed for you to sit on.

You took a seat next to him, the bed shifting a little. You looked at him before looking at his missing arm. "I'm sorry.."

Erwin shook his head. "Like I said before, don't worry about it. Saving Eren and you was worth it." He said, a gentle tone lacing his voice. "What about you? Were you injured?"

You shook your head as well. "No, I'm fine. Hange checked up on me twice already, you know how they are."

The blond man let out a small chuckle. "That sounds exactly like Hange, always worrying about you and your health."

You leaned a bit closer to the tall male, placing your [Right/Left] hand on his arm. After the mission, you made sure to wear a glove again since you lost the other one.  "I guess so" you agreed. "Where are they, actually? I thought they'd be here by now?"

Erwin placed an arm around your body, holding you gently. "They had some business to attend to with the Military Police. It was a bit vague what they were planning to do.."

You nodded your head. "Oh, I see. I guess we'll just have to wait until they pop up again."

You raised your hand to run your fingers through his neat blond hair, humming a soft tune. Erwin leaned into your unusual gentle touch, wrapping his one arm tighter around you. This behaviour from you was new to Erwin, never had you been this touchy with someone. Not that he minded ofcourse.

"What's that?" He asked you softly, referring to the song, his beautiful eyes fluttering close.

"It was a song our mother sang, most of the time to put us to sleep.. she had such a beautiful voice.." You shared with the commander. His eyes opened, his ocean blues meeting your own. "She must have been a wonderful mother, then."

You nodded your head again. "She was, the world didn't deserve her. Levi doesn't remember too much of her but she was an angel. Always making sure we were doing alright and eating enough before she took care of herself." You said, a warm look in your cold eyes as you thought back to all the memories you had with her. The two of you stayed quiet after that, enjoying each other's presence.

Erwin cleared his throat suddenly. "I have one question though, [Y/N]. Hoover and Braun took you and Eren, Eren I understand.. but why did they take you?" He asked you curiously. It had been plaguing his mind ever since he got back.

You sighed softly. "I don't know what their plan was exactly, they were here to take the Coordinate which so happened to be Eren. The whole thing with Ymir was just stupid mistake but for me?" Erwin was trustworthy, right?

You pulled your hand back and used it it to slide the black glove off your [Right/Left] hand, exposing the printed skin underneath. Erwin took your hand in his gently, his thumb rubbing over the image. "What is this.." he mumbles quietly, astounded by what you revealed to him.

"I don't know a lot myself.. but apparently me and Levi are from a random clan? At least, Reiner told me that, don't know if he's trustworthy but it didn't seem like a lie.." you tried to explain a little. You still hasn't processed what Reiner had told you when they kidnapped you and Eren.

"But, [Y/N]. Levi doesn't have this mark." Erwin said, glancing back down at your delicate hand.

"Hm. That's weird.." you mumbled quietly.

"It seems familiar though.. somehow I feel like I've seen it before." Erwin mentions, trying to figure it out. His blue eyes lit up suddenly. "My dad. He had a friend, with I believe the same mark"

Your eyes widened. "Really? Where is he?" Erwin's smile faltered at the realisation. "I.. don't know actually. He kinda disappeared."

You stared at him blankly. "Huh? How can a person just disappear suddenly?"

"I don't know. I was just a child back than so I wouldn't know and maybe I'm just wrong after all" He added.

His larger hand held both of yours gently, pressing a soft kiss to your wrist. You looked away in embarrassment, your cheeks warming up. Erwin just chuckled at your adorable behaviour.

The door burst open, revealing a disheveled Hange who was holding a few papers above their head. "I got it!" Their arms dropped a bit as they saw you and Erwin sitting at a close proximity, their eyes glaring at the commander. "Am I interrupting something?"

You shook your head, inviting them in. Hange closed the door behind themselves and held the papers in front of your face, their finger pointing to a certain image that was displayed.

You stared at the paper before staring up at Hange in confusion. "Where did you even find this?"

"Somewhere with other old Military Police documents. I couldn't find anything so this was my last guess, luckily everyone was busy with the refugees in the Underground so I could sneak right in!" They smiled happily, clasping their hands together. "I haven't read it through but the picture was identical to the one on your hand so I just took it, hope they don't mind~" They added cheerfully.

"God, you're a piece of work." You said jokingly. The brown haired squad leader winked at you, handing you the papers. "Only for you, sweetheart"

Erwin felt his eyebrow twitch in annoyance as he saw you interact with Hange. So you told them your secret earlier?

You took the documents from Hange, placing them on your lap. The squad leader pushed a chair right in front of you, taking a seat there.

Your eyes scanned the picture. It was indeed similar to the one that was printed on your skin. Your eyes widened as you read through the text that was next to the drawing of your mark.

"Karl Hoffman-[L/N], executed?" You said out loud. Erwin's eyes widened at the realisation, that's why he disappeared so suddenly? Hange gasped, that's not what they had expected to find in the document.

They bounced their knee nervously. "Could he be your father, family?" You scoffed at the suggestion. "No, I don't think so. He was executed two years before Levi and I were born.. I don't think our mom had any other family members, she only ever talked about her brother.." You said.

Hange nodded their head. "I see, that's.. very peculiar." They pointed to a small sentence at the underside of the page. "What does that say?"

You gulped as your eyes stared at the letters. "Anyone seen with this mark should be reported to the MP and will be executed immediately..."

The room fell quiet after you said that. Hange placed their hands on your shoulders, clenching them tightly.  "You have to hide it, [Y/N]. You can't risk anyone knowing. Never!" They shouted at you.

You stared at their face absentmindedly, bobbing your head. Your reach out to the glove on the bed sheets and put it back on.

Erwin put his hand under his chin. "What in the world are the MP's hiding?"

The squad leader turned to the Commander before looking back at you. "I have no idea." They said. "[Y/N], before Reiner and Berthold took you and Eren, you were planning to tell me something, right?"

You thought back to that moment, realising that you were indeed trying to tell Hange was you could do. You ran you [Right/Left] hand through your hair nervously. "Uhm.. I was yeah.. I don't know how I'm going to say this without sounding fucking crazy but.."

Erwin put his hand on your shoulder gently, trying to comfort you a bit. "But?" He asked you in a gentle tone.

"When I came back to the walls, I started having dreams... and they were so.. random. They didn't make any sense at first. Our friends from the Underground dying, the fall of Maria and Trost, Eren's mother's death, the deaths of the Levi Squad..." You tried to explain a little, gesturing with your hands.

Hange's eyes darkened. "So.. you're saying is you knew of these events before they even took place?" They asked you.

You nodded. "Exactly.. I thought they were nightmares at first but when things started to happen and line up, there was no doubt about it."

Erwin blinked at the information you shared. You could dream of the future? This was the reason why the MP's want to have you dead? No.. there must be more to it..

The commander pulled his hand back from your shoulder. "Why didn't you tell the higher-ups?"

"I would be called crazy, maybe? Also, what if they were just nightmares, I didn't know they were actually going to happen. Reporting someone to the MP's for a crime they have yet to commit would be absolutely ridiculous..." You reasoned, your voice shaking a bit at the end.

Hange put their hand under your chin, tilting your head up to meet with their gaze. "I see, that explains it. If you ever have one of these weird dreams again, please do come to one of us, okay? Your secret is safe with us, I promise, Short Cake.."

"Alright.." Hange placed their hand on your hair, ruffling it. "Now, don't get so sad, okay? You're here with us now so stop worrying." They said to you, a small smile on their face. Erwin agreed with the squadleader.

The brunet suddenly lunged at you, wrapping their arms around you tightly. "God, I'm so happy you're with us again! I was worried sick about you!" They exclaimed as they nuzzled into your neck. You awkwardly pat their back as they continued rambling on.

A harsh knock caused them to quiet down. The person behind the door kicked it open, the hard wood slamming against the stone of the walls; Levi.

Hange let you go from their embrace and you stood up, taking a step closer tobyour brother.

Levi stomped towards you with a glare which caused you to gulp nervously. Was he mad at you?

He stopped infront of you, his eyes shadowed by his dark hair. Before you could say anything, he wrapped his arms around you, pulling you flush against his chest, placing his chin on the top of your head. His hand were grasping at your shirt as if you could disappear from his embrace any second.

You put your arms around him as well, hugging your brother back. Levi sniffled quietly which caused you to look up at him. He put his pale hand on your cheek. "Don't... don't leave me again.. please.." He says, almost whispering. You placed your hand on his, looking into his eyes. "I won't, Levi. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

Hange gushed at the small scene, placing their hands on their cheeks. They patted yours and Levi's shoulder, walking over to the door. "I forgot I still had to do something, so see ya later!"

●●●

You sat next to Levi comfortably. Two chairs were situated against the wall with window, next to the bed Erwin was in. Pyxis sat on a chair on the other side.

Erwin and Pyxis were engaging in a conversation about some boring stuff until someone knocked on the door again. "It's Hange" Said Levi. "Come in!"

The door opened, revealing a very nervous looking Connie and Hange. "Pardon the interruption, Erwin" They said before saluting. "I'm glad we came while you're here, Commander Pyxis. Good timing. This is..."

Connie saluted as well, introducing himself to the higher ups that were in the room. "A scout from the 104th. Connie Springer."

"Connie comes from Ragako Village." The squad leader added.

"The village the recent Titan invasion originated from?" The commander of the Garrison asked. "Yes" replied Hange simply.

"Actually, I confirmed with him the findings of our investigation on the village. This only brings further credibility to that hypothesis. He's come to report" Hange explained the four of you.

Your eyes fell on Connie's shaky figure, noticing how he held something behind his back tightly.

Hange continued explaining their theory. Pyxis stared at them in confusion. "Come again? The Titans responsible for this incident.. were the citizens of Ragako?"

"In other words, the true identity of Titans.. is humans?" Erwin paraphrased, shooting Hange a glance.

You saw Levi's eyes widen from shock. It must sound weird to hear for the first time, but after listening to what Ymir said before, this didn't shock you.

The squad leader didn't sat much. "We don't.. have proof yet."

You were surprised to hear Levi speak up. "So, you're saying is that I've spent all this time and energy running around killing people? Is that right?" He asked no one in particular.

The tension in the room was getting worse. "I said.. we don't have any proof yet."

After that, Hange, Connie and Pyxis all left, leaving you and your brother with Erwin. You stared down at the streets outside of the window, looking at Connie who held his family picture. Seeing him so distressed hit somewhat close to your heart. He lost all of his family within one day, he didn't deserve that.

Erwin looked down at the white sheets that covered his legs with a bright smile on his face. Levi could only stare at him with shocked eyes.

"Hey. Tell me. The hell you smiling for?" After your brother said that, Erwin's smile faltered. Shame, his smile was pretty cute, in your opinion.

Erwin shook it off. "It's nothing.. it's just.. with this, we've taken one more step towards the truth."

"Just one step, huh?" Levi scoffed. "We'll run out of people before we learn the truth. It's not worth the cost."

The blond man ignored Levi's statement. "But it's a step towards the truth. One day, we'll break it down. This wall hiding the truth will fall." You looked at Erwin determindly, him gazing back at you with the same look in his eyes. Together.

☆☆☆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 497 65
You're a new recruit in the Survey Corp with a mission that extends beyond "the sake of humanity". Joining with two childhood friends, you're able to...
1.8K 53 25
This is an Attack on Titan fanfic! --- Living with almost no memories of past events is hard, especially when the cause is anything but an accident. ...
328K 8K 59
I apologise that the first few chapters spelling are terrifying as I didn't check them but the other chapter later on in the story are double checked...
3.3K 208 10
━ ❝ 𝐈 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 π‹πˆπŠπ„ π‘πˆπ‚π‡π€π‘πƒ 𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π–π€π˜ 𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀 ππ‘π„π“π“π˜ π–πŽπŒπ€π 𝐁𝐘 𝐌𝐘 π’πˆπƒπ„. ❞ ππ‘π„π“π“π˜ π–πŽπŒπ€π ━...