Second Chance At Life. Second...

Da IrishShewolf

Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he... Altro

Second Chance At Life.Second Chance At Love
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Eighteen

6.9K 297 19
Da IrishShewolf

Important**

Something happened when I was reading the comments of the last chapter and some got deleted so instead of singling out the people who commented I decided to just do a general shout out so as not to offend anyone...so

General shout outs to everyone!!...he he:-P

Storytime :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDITED

Charlie's POV:

The sweet matallic scent of my mate's blood fills my nostrils. The other trackers and pack members follow close behind, all of us now in wolf form in search of my mate. I was shaking with anger when a tracker informed me of what they had found.

Blood.

So much blood and from one small whiff I knew it was my mate's...but also Alison's and Dani's. I had shifted on the spot consumed with rage and took off in the direction the blood was coming from. My wolf was almost in full control, his nose leading us to my mate.

An hour later and we had lost it. The trail had suddenly stopped out of nowhere which made no sense. I refused to stop though. I circled the area repeatedly looking for anything we might have missed. But I always ended up in the same spot in the end.

With nothing.

Frustration and anger was consuming me and I evidently couldn't see straight. I was angry. No! Enraged! How dare they take my mate! And hurt her no less! Images of that bastard dying slowly at my hands fill my head, each one more gruesome than the next. I long to feel the satisfaction of knowing that b@stard Kyle is dead, six feet under, gone and no longer able to bring harm to my mate, pack and family.

* "Come on dude. You've been at it for hours. We'll continue with the search but you should get back to your kids. The girls are still shaken up." Looking to my Beta I see the determination in his eyes. I knew he wasn't going to give up for it was his mates scent that we were following also.

Sighing I slowly nod my head.

* "Alright but if you find anything, ANYTHING, you mindlink me immediately, got it?"

He nods. "Yes Alpha." He barks at the remaining group of trackers, leading them through the forest and out of sight.

I quickly make my journey back to the pack house wanting to see my kids. I berate myself at my thoughtlessness. How could I be so careless? To forget my kids especially the girls? I'm such a horrible father!

Feeling my shoulders slump at the thought I shift behind a tree and swiftly change into my change of clothes. I open my mind link to locate them once I enter the house even though there was no need. I could easily guess where they all were. Going on instinct I make my way up to the kids bedrooms. Pack members bow respectfully while passing me and I half heartedly acknowledge them.

Standing at the end of a long corridor, the kids bedrooms on either side I stare bewildered at the scene in front of me. Josh, Victor, Jason, Mason and Damien are all sitting outside one of the rooms with solemn and worried expressions. I feel their worry and anxiety through the link and my wolf claws at the surface trying to get out to comfort them.

Schooling my features I quickly walk to their huddled forms, my eyes scanning for any signs as to what the hell is happening. Keeping the worry from my face I fail to keep it from my voice.

"Boys, what's wrong?" Their heads snap up simultaneously and I can see all of their eyes are black, meaning their wolves are in control. And that is never good.

Josh jumps up running to me, his eyes turning back to their soft brown. I thankfully catch him just in time before he propels himself into my arms. His little face snuggles into my neck and my chest rumbles with a soft purr from my wolf. He loves it when his pups show affection.

"Daddy! They're still in there!" He whines loudly into my ear making me wince. He mumbles a 'sorry' as he wriggles out of my arms. Once his feet touch the ground he takes off running to a door and plants his ear up against it. I recognize the door as Sally's bedroom. No wonder Damien is standing stiffly outside, craning his neck towards the door every few minutes.

"Someone tell me what is going on!" I growl. My wolf didn't like the suspence.

Damien growls loudly, his eyes still on the door.

"She won't come out and tell me what's wrong!" His eyes are pitch black now, his wolf in full control. My wolf growls at the blatant disrespect and my eyes too shift to a darker color. The boys' heads all bow in submission as they feel my Alpha power radiating off me. Damien whimpers and his head falls until his chin is pressed to his chest.

"Watch the tone boy." He nods quickly before sighing as I finally gain control of my wolf again.

"Sorry dad...I- I'm just so worried. They have been in there for a while now and won't come out. Sally won't tell me anything and it's killing me and my wolf." His eyes show so much pain and sadness it broke my heart.

"Alright boys why don't you all go down to the kitchen and get yourselves some ice cream?" I needed them to leave in order to talk to my daughters. I knew they would just make matters worse.

They open their mouths to protest but with one stern look from me, they quickly nod and leave. Damien takes longer to detach himself from the wall but he too eventually leaves.

Sighing I turn back to the door and gently knock. A few seconds pass before the door opens and a small head peaks around the edge. Dakota's big round eyes look up at me before widening. "Daddy!" She swings the door open and climbs into my arms. Chuckling at her antics I walk in, closing the door behind me.

"Look it's daddy!" The girls all look up at Dakota's voice and they all immediately smile.

"How are my princesses?" I keep my voice soft as I sit down on the bed with Dakota still in my arms. Nobody answers until I hear sniffling. Rachel sits beside Sally, tears streaming down her face looking lost and broken.

Dakota moves off my lap so I can reach for her sister. She begins to wail as she digs her face into my chest.

"I want them back!" Her cries cause my wolf to whimper. There is nothing worse than seeing your pups hurt. Rubbing her back and whispering words of comfort in her ear, she eventually calms down until all you can hear are her small hiccups.

"I know honey I know." I coo, rocking us back and forth. Looking around at my beautiful daughters, their faces tear-stained and grief stricken at the loss of their sister, mother and aunt breaks my Alpha heart.

In that moment I promise myself that I will do everything to make my girls smile again and get my mate and daughter back in my arms.

"Ow." I mumble rubbing my back. Dakota looks at me with a cute confused expression.

"What's wrong dad?"

I place Rachel down on the bed when my back begins to throb painfully. I frown not understanding where this was suddenly coming from. It was like someone was using a sharp knife to carve into my back. That is the only way I can explain it. A deep hot burning fire was washing over me and I could feel the sweat on my forehead.

My daughter's questions and faces of worry all become a blur as I sway on the spot, the pain becoming too much. The intense heat...where is it coming from? I faintly hear soft voices frantically calling for help. I want to tell them not to worry but as I open my mouth my legs buckle as an almighty wave of pain consumes my body leaving me screaming and writhing on the floor.

What is this? This is worse than my first shift! Another wave of pain hits me..but this time it's different. It is like something clicks and suddenly I realize where the pain is coming from. It wasn't my pain, it was my mate's. That thought sent my body into overdrive. I couldn't think, I couldn't breathe. The pain was too much.

How can my mate be dealing with this if I'm on the floor gasping for breath and yet..she's experiencing it first hand?

My wolf howls at the thought of our mate hurt, sending him into a frenzy. My body begins to shake, the pain from my mate and now my wolf trying to shift causes my back to arch clean off the floor where I now lay.

Shouts fill the air and I'm drawn back to my surroundings as the faces of pack members surround me. Make it stop..make it stop..why won't it stop?! An ordinary shift that would usually only take seconds to do takes me minutes. My mind can't concentrate long enough to control my body to shift instead the pain from my mate is my only concern.

By now I'm no longer aware of what's happening. I think I fell in and out of consciousness a few times leaving me to become swallowed by pain I could not escape from. It was becoming too much. If anything it felt like it was getting worse. Each wave of pain passing over my back taking my breath away.

Katie. My sweet Katie.

She consumes my thoughts taking away some of my pain but once I remember that she's feeling this ten times worse, it doubles to the point of becoming unbearable. Suddenly my mind is filled with images.

Of my mate lying in blood hanging from chains attached to the roof. An unknown man stands behind her a whip in his hand held high over his head. She was showing me. Katie had let her mind link slip and now I could see..everything. I try to reach out to her, to hear her voice so I can tell her that I'm on my way and to just hold on.

But it's too late.

The man's hand lifts up letting me see the fresh blood dripping from the whip. I try to scream. I try to yell. I can feel her emotions now flooding my head as the mind link she was trying to hold closed, opens letting all her pain consume me once again. What's worse than the unbearable truth that I won't be able to reach my beloved in time..is that I can feel that she's already given up. They broke her.

The whip that I now realize is jagged and laced with silver, whizzes through the air with a swish landing on my mate's back sending a pain so intense I can feel it on my back as if I was the one receiving it. Her screams now fill my head but something tells me I'm screaming too. Screaming for my mate that I have failed. For my family of sons and daughters that I have let down. For letting down my pack by not returning their Luna safely.

Her body goes limp and I feel her heart weakening through our bond. My eyelids droop still feeling the throbbing in my back. I try to stay awake. I need to stay awake.

For my mate.

My family.

My pack.

Tired from exhaustion they slowly flutter close. All noise jumbles together washing over me peacefully but a lone howl echoing off the walls. So loud and so powerful. Full of pain, regret and loss. I feel it like I'm sure everyone else does. The howl of my daughter telling me my mate is dead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hell my lovelies sorry for the extremely long wait! Life has been hectic and I have no time to update with study and exams consuming my life.

Good news though I am off for the next two weeks even if I'll be studying for most of it but I hope to update then...

If anyone has read my other book I have updated a 10 year later chapter for Silvermoon Prophecy that was seriously overdue so now it is officially finished:-D

Thanks for reading!

Comment :-D

Vote!:-P

Sinead xx

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

922 12 27
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
11.5K 358 26
Faith Rivers is an Alphas Daughter youngest of three. Her family has a hidden past that only few know about and her father wants to keep it that way...
1.1M 33.8K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
1.1M 28.4K 35
I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, deeper into the woods away from my pack that was chasing me and into the neighboring pack, the Black Moon Pa...