Not Alone || Jung Jaehyun

By bbluejaee

"๐—ถ ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฑ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚." "๐˜„๐—ต๐˜†?" "๐™›๐™ค๐™ง ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ซ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™™๐™–... More

Chapter 1 | "ignore him"
Chapter 2 | "watch it"
Chapter 3 | "good luck"
Chapter 4 | "not good enough"
Chapter 5 | "you're scared"
Chapter 6 | "maybe, maybe not"
Chapter 7 | "the right choice"
Chapter 8 | "one little slip up"
Chapter 9 | "break me"
Chapter 10 | "just dance"
Chapter 11 | "a bit of fun"
Chapter 12 | "protect you"
Chapter 14 | "how dare you"
Chapter 15 | "get this right"
Chapter 16 | "your fault"
Chapter 17 | "the little things"
Chapter 18 | "its complicated"
Chapter 19 | "fix this"
Chapter 20 | "trust yourself"
Chapter 21 | "welcome to sectionals"
Chapter 22 | "tell you"
Chapter 23 | "come find me"
Chapter 24 | "break my heart"
Chapter 25 | "nothings wrong"
Chapter 26 | "figure it out"
Chapter 27 | "everything is perfect"
Chapter 28 | "what about us"
Chapter 29 | "last dance"
Chapter 30 | "don't leave me"
Epilogue
New Book (kinda)!! Renjun royalty ff
New Book! Haechan mafia ff
New Book! Taeyong mafia ff
New Book! Jeno mafia ff
NEW STORY

Chapter 13 | "no distractions"

2.7K 111 34
By bbluejaee

"Alright guys, were on next. Is everyone here and accounted for? Makeup and costumes all done?" Jaehyun called out across their dressing room as Hyemi put the finishing touches on her hair.

It was the day of regionals and everyone was filled with excitement and nervousness. Being the national champions, Hyemi's team was going last. She hadn't seen much of the other routines, but from the glimpses she caught, they had some stiff competition.

"Hyemi! Can you tie this for me really quick?" She turned to see Sana beckoning her over, struggling with one last part of her costume.

"Oh yeah sure." Hyemi quickly took the fabric in her hands and began tying it.

"How you feeling, Hyemi? Nervous? Excited?"

"A little bit both."

"Don't worry, just give it your best effort and you'll be fine." Sana said with a reassuring smile.

Kyunghee's threat rung in her head, but she had already made up her mind. She wasn't about to ruin this for her team, she was just worried about what her brothers would do once Kyunghee told them.

"Hey hey, whatcha thinking about?"

Her thoughts were cut off as Jaemin's smiling face appearing in front of her.

"Hmm? Oh nothing."

"Well that's not good! You better be thinking about winning!" He said excitedly, throwing an arm around her as they followed the rest of the team out of their room and towards the stage. "We're gonna kill it today. Imagine: both of us as regional champions, as first years! We gotta represent, you know?"

"Yeah yeah, focus on the group dance first, alright. Don't get ahead of yourself."

"Blah blah blah, you're sounding like Jaehyun now."

"Shhh. We're on next, go to your side of the stage, Jaemin." Jaehyun said with a harsh whisper, pointing the boy across stage.

Jaemin gave Hyemi one last smile before dipping his head to the older boy and running to his spot offstage. Only then was Hyemi aware of how fast her heart was beating, the nerves finally hitting her.

"Are you ready for this?" Yuta asked, appearing in front of her with a big smile.

"I sure hope so."

"Oh stop, relax. You've performed on stage so many times and you know this dance."

She just nodded one response, her throat drying up with nerves. Yuta looked down snd noticed he hands tightly clasped to one another.

"What are you doing?" He asked, pointing at her hands.

"Oh, usually Jeno or Taeyong would hold my hand before walking out on stage. Helps calm me down, but they're not here so" she shrugged her shoulders.

Yuta smiled, unclamping her hands and gripping one of them in his own. She felt her cheeks heat up as she made eye contact with him.

They were snapped out of it by the sound of applause, Taeyong's team had just finished their number and were walking off stage. With one last smile, Yuta released her hand and walked to his position.

"Hey, Hyemi, good luck out there!" Taeyong said as he rushed past.

"You can do it, Hye!" Jeno said, giving her a quick high five.

She let out a deep breath as the last two people walked off stage. It just happened to be Kyunghee and Iseul who were now facing her.

"Remember the deal, Hyemi. Think carefully." Kyunghee growled out threateningly before giving her a sarcastic smile and rushing off.

"Get ready." Said a deep voice from behind her. She didn't turn around but she knew it was Jaehyun. "Just do your best out there. No distractions."

She let out a deep breath, nodding her head before walking into the stage. To her left, she saw Jaemin smiling at her as they took their positions. She closed her eyes and did her best to calm her nerves just as the lights hit them and the music started.

- - -

Applause.

That's all Hyemi could hear over the sound of her rapid heartbeat as the number ended. She made eye contact with Yuta who gave her a big smile as they all clasped hands and took a bow. Once backstage, all the members started hugging and high fiving one another.

"Oh my god guys that was so good!"

"We're we in sync for the hook?"

"Yeah, I was watching from the back. We did amazing!"

"And great job to our newbies!" Yuta said, throwing each of his arms around Hyemi and Jaemin, "you guys certainly didn't disappoint, right Jaehyun?"

All eyes fell to the older boy who was catching his breath. Seeing the attention on him, he straightened up and cleared his throat.

"That's up for the judges to decide." He said coolly, killing the atmosphere as Hyemi felt her shoulders drop.

"But, from what I could tell, that was pretty damn good." He added with a small smile, lifting the mood again as they all ran back to their dressing rooms.

The older members helped out as Jaemin and Hyemi got ready for their solo's. Sana did her makeup snd Hyemi did her hair while she ran her dance in her head.

"Alright guys," Jaehyun said, walking back into the room. "I got the schedule. Jaemin, you're on in 10 minutes, so head backstage. Hyemi you're on in 30, stay stretched and ready and head back there at least 5 minutes before you're on. We're going to go grab seats in the audience since they don't want us crowding the back. Good luck and make us proud."

With that, all the older members left the room after saying a quick good luck to the youngest members.

"You're gonna do great, Hyemi, good luck out there!" Jaemin said, pulling her in for a quick hug.

"Thanks Jaemin, you too. And remember: go out there and represent."

With a knowing smile he gave her a fist bump before heading to the stage.

Hyemi sat alone in the room, running her solo now that she had the space without the other members, when her phone dinged. She picked it up to see a message from Jeno.

JenJen

Hey, Taeyong showed me the schedule and I know you've got some time before you go on. Meet me by the water fountains on by the entrance.

She put down her phone with a sigh, a smile making its way onto her face as she quickly checked the time. Seeing that she still had 20 minutes before she had to be backstage, she left the room to go and meet Jeno.

- - -

"Jeno? Are you here?" She called out down the empty hallway.

Hyemi was waiting for him where he had told her, by the water fountain near the entrance, but he was no where to be found.

She heard footsteps at the far end of the hallway, but it was too dark for her to see who was coming.

"Jeno?" She called again. No response.

"Hello?" No response.

The footsteps got closer and louder. Soon she could make out a figure just within the darkness but she still couldn't see who it was.

"Hello, Hyemi."

"Kyunghee? What are you doing here?"

"Oh nothing, just... a little birdie told me that you would be here. Funny how things work, isn't it." Kyunghee growled out, walking closer to her.

Hyemi backed away, but Kyunghee kept coming and soon Iseul also appeard from behind her.

"Wh-what are you guys doing?" Hyemi stuttered out, feeling scared now.

"Didnt I tell you to throw your dance? I see you didn't listen to me. Maybe my threat wasn't big enough... do I need to back it up with action?"

Hyemi's back thumped into a hard surface, the auditorium doors behind her now locked, blocking her method of escape.

From behind their backs, Hyemi watched as Iseul pulled out a pair of scissors and Kyunghee had paint.

"Wait, please don't." Hyemi begged, seeing them eyeing her costume.

"Too late for begging."

"Wait stop!" Hyemi screamed but it didn't matter.

Her beautiful white costume was now covered in red paint and the flowy skirt was cut up and in tatters. They continued to attack her, throwing glitter and feathers on top of her, totally ruining her costume.

"And now for the final touch."

Hyemi could hear a crowd of footsteps approaching them from either side, but it was too late. Her eyes widened as Kyunghee and Iseul each pulled out a bucket of water, aiming straight at her with devious smirks on their faces.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 2.1K 45
in which, na jaemin- the schools heartthrob and the captain of the soccer team falls in love, and completely forgets about ayeong, his best friend. "...
2.2M 115K 64
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1M 54.6K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
210K 5K 28
โdo you actually love me or am i just one of your toys?โž COMPLETED โžถ SOCIAL MEDIA, SCHOOL AU ยฉjentwthr inspired by skam