Akron - Liskook

By amorevolos

A smile laced her blood red lips. Gang / Mafia au + Blacktan ©amorevolos Not an adaptation! More

Notice
i. Crossroads
ii. Lucid
iii. Knot
iv. Hiraeth
v. Zephyr
vi. Tides
vii. Your eyes tell
viii. Ire
x. Shush
xi. Promise me not
xii. Nightmares
xiii. Birds of a feather
xiv. Power & Weakness
xv. Demons
xvi. Telltale
xvii. Pawns

ix. Academe

203 14 0
By amorevolos

AN// edited it! Hoping to update tomorrow too!

Jennie didn't come home last night.

"Unnie?" Rosé called out as she looked through the dorm even though all 3 of them knew very well she wasn't going to get a response. "She's not here Roseanne" Jisoo says, her voice sounding nonchalant though her heart was beating with worry.

Lisa was so occupied in her own troubles last night that she didn't realize Jennie went missing, nor could she think of a place or reason Jennie would have gone. Lisa hadn't realized how little she knew about Jennie despite how much she trusted her until now.

"She'll come back, she always does, you two should get going" Jisoo says as she gets up and walks to her room, the one she shared with Jennie. This has happened before? Perhaps that's why Jisoo was able to keep a calm face for Lisa and Rosé, she was used to it. The two remaining girls shared a sad smile upon looking at the door Jisoo had just closed. "She's right we should start going if we don't want to be late" Rosé says earning a nod from Lisa.

"Will oppa be driving us?" Rosé asked once the two began to tie their shoes into knots. "No, he's busy" Lisa said, surprised by how easily she had just lied to her best friend, sister if she could choose.

Lisa watched as Rosé nodded to herself and walked out the door. Rosé wasn't oblivious. She knew something was up, and she was waiting for Lisa to bring it up. She trusts that she will soon, and that is what Lisa wanted too, but she couldn't yet, she was ashamed of him.

Perhaps Bambam really was busy, Lisa thought to herself. Doing whatever drugs and stupid things he made her promise she wouldn't do herself. hypocrite.

Lisa sighed at the memory. She was far too overwhelmed by everything that was happening and needed a clue or at least a sign on what to do. And if on cue the ring on her finger caught the light, sparkling in a way that could blind. The edges of her lips picked up before she quickly grabbed something that wasn't hers. 'It's for the good of it all' she told herself.

A chilly breeze greeted the north face of Akron's finest and only university, a reminder that summer was at its end and that soon students would be walking through the halls, rushing to their next class or chattering endlessly with their friends. Or even perhaps doing less than decent things in the poor janitor's closet. 

Lisa stood watching the brick building that towered far past her height. It was just like the pictures Bambam had sent her, but seeing it now was something of its own. Rosé also stood with a cute smile perched on her even cuter face, god knows how hard she had to work to get here, after that stupid stain on her record. 

The daze was quickly broken when Lisa's sense told her that a pair of mischievous orbs were watching her from behind. College was the only reason Lisa was here, yet Akron seemed to have so much more waiting for her. "What are you looking at" She mouthed from behind Rosé's back.  Lisa got no true response as the man simply walked past her in no particular rush. A wash of cologne giving her butterflies for a reason she could not understand.

"Look who it is" A voice said from behind catching the two off guard. "Irene unnie!" Rosé smiled before shyly waving at the girl next to her who was far too busy looking at her book. "Lisa and Rosé, meet Yeri", Irene said as the girl, about a head shorter than them, lifted her face, "hello, nice to meet you" she said.

It was then Lisa realized Yeri was not reading a book but rather a folded up piece of newspaper wedged in between. "What are you reading?" Lisa asked in effort to start a conversation. "Oh, I just saw this thing in the news but I didn't have enough time to read it" Yeri answered with a tint of red beginning to show on her cheeks. What would she need to hide it between pages of a book?

"I hate to be the one to cut this short, but according to this your homeroom teacher is quite the grumpy one" Irene said hesitantly pointing to her clipboard that had all of the class assignments printed in type font. "I'm apart of the welcoming committee and had her 1st year." Irene filled in with a subtle pained look in her eyes.

"We've all got the same homeroom?" Rosé asked with an excitement that only ballooned when Irene gave her a nod. "Gosh what are the chances! let's go friends." She continued excitedly while putting an arm around both Lisa and Yeri. Aggressively Happy is what Lisa likes to say.

From the outside, you could see a trio set to be good friends with time. But if you paid attention you'd see Yeri's clutch on her book before she placed it in her bag with care. Or maybe you'd see Rosé's side glance at Lisa only to be disappointed as it seemed the latter was in her own world. What nobody caught, was that Lisa's eyes were actually trained upon a boy leaned back on a wall in the shadows with a smirk painted on his face.

His fingers moved to his forehead before giving her a salute and walking off into another direction. It was only then Lisa's eyes noticed two men standing in an empty hallway. Their blindspot being right where he was moments before. That was not a coincidence, it never was. "I'll catch up with you two in a moment, I just have to run to the bathroom" Lisa said just before Yeri and Rosé walked into the class, nodding at her disappearance absent mindedly.

As she walked closer into the deserted hall her suspicions were proven correct. She saw those two at the club last night. "Ahem" Lisa said getting they're attention. Both of them looked up with confusion before realization flashes through their eyes. Their sleepless faces glowed with an undeniable attractiveness. 

"What's Princess doing here?" The shorter one jeered, his voice full of mockery. Why do they keep calling me princess?, Lisa thought to herself. "Where is Jennie?" She questioned confidently ignoring the earlier remark. She disappeared in their presence after all, and she seemed to know them well last night.

"How would we know?" The short one responds with the same attitude as before. And it made Lisa wonder if they indeed didn't know. She figured it would still be worth the shot though. And it seemed that the other one was taking her words seriously. 

"Why, is she missing?" He asks with an expression Lisa found unreadable, it was intimidating. "Yes" she stuttered, beginning to regret her choices. "When did she go missing?" He asks moving closer to Lisa who instinctively stepped back in fear. "Last night" she whispered. "So she didn't come home last night." He says suddenly raging causing Lisa to cover her face as his voice resonated in the empty corridor. 

"Hyung!" the other one suddenly interjected pulling the two of them away from Lisa. "Remember, we can't do that" He muttered but Lisa was able to make it out. Can't do what? why?

She was about to say something but the bell rang causing her to run to class as she took a spot by Rosé and Yeri. Not seeing Taehyung storm out the exit with Jimin tailing him, not knowing that she set off a ticking bomb.

"Doll?" Jungkook finally whispered from behind Lisa's seat, which of whom was pleasantly surprised. "God! what are you doing here!" she spoke as she turned around and pretended to pick up the pencil she dropped accidentally, in order for Rosé and Yeri to not be suspicious. "Well I happen to be in this class" He says with a smirk as he picks up Lisa's pencil for her. This arrogant flirt!

"Why would you attend college?" Lisa asked with confusion. Do criminals usually go to college? "Well I mean I didn't exactly have a choice but a bunch of guys join us just to go to college" He answered as if it was a normal thing to say

"You act like you're the president of a charity club!" Lisa said a little too loudly gaining the attention of Yeri. Lisa quickly turned around while pulling out her phone as she pretended to be busy on it as Jungkook continued.

"Join the gang and they'll get you into the college and make sure you pass"

"But why?" Lisa whispers

"Most of us don't want to be gang members, doll, you just have to do what you have to do" Jungkook answers before the teacher began to speak. Lisa tried to pay attention but her mind had drifted off, remembering a memory from years ago.

Oppa you're never going to get into college at this rate!" a younger lisa exclaimed upon seeing Bambam hiding yet another test he failed. "Don't worry Lali, I'll get into college for sure" He responded but Lisa being the little sister she was responded "I don't know, those grades are hideous, and you know auntie and uncle are going to disown you if you don't get in". "Lali I got this" He said.

"Lalisa Manoban!" The teacher yelled suddenly as she hit Lisa's desk with a ruler. "yes?" the girl responded weakly. "I suggest that you pay attention in this class" The teacher said only to back  up once her widening eyes landed on Jungkook who was directly behind, now grasping the ruler the teacher was aiming at Lisa. Murmurs quickly spread through the class.

The teacher recognized his face. She's lived in Akron long enough to know about him and what he was. She knew what kind of danger he was and for that reason she backed away, forgetting Lisa, as Jungkook just sat there, staring at the woman.

"Who's that?" Rosie whispers to Yeri and Lisa not daring to look back.

"I don't know, but from the look of the teacher maybe he has older brothers who scarred her for life" Yeri responds almost comically.

If only she knew.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 5.9K 34
What will you do if you met your husband again? Your husband that you never loved from the first place the husband who makes your blood boil everyti...
239K 6.7K 16
𝘽𝙏𝙎 𝙫𝙤𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝓧 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐊 𝕵𝖎𝖓𝖘𝖔𝖔, 𝕿𝖆𝖊𝖓𝖓𝖎𝖊, 𝕵𝖎𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖊, 𝕷𝖎𝖟𝖐𝖔𝖔𝖐
832 203 22
"She's going to kill you, BTS," Jisoo said as she was the only one conscious leaving Lisa and Rosé dripping in blood on the floor. She gasped for bre...
5.2K 203 13
A curtain meant to cover the light. The curtain closes, and night begins. Dark and wild things start to happen behind the curtain. Some good, some ba...