through thick and thin (tubbo...

By LazyFox134

Very fluff story with quite a lot of TW Y/n is a school student from the wealthiest part of London. When movi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - One way ticket to freedom
Chapter 2 - The brown-haired boy
Chapter 3 - Crush?
Chapter 4 - Firsts for everything
Chapter 5 - Brotherly love
Chapter 6 - An (almost) perfect coffee date
Chapter 7 - Safe with you
Chapter 8 - Breath of fresh air
Chapter 9 - School sucks
Chapter 10 - Rich, blonde bitches
Chapter 11 - Minecraft dates
Chapter 12 - Lies
Chapter 13 - Cliche fluff moment
Chapter 14 - Protecting you
Chapter 15 - Growing closer
Chapter 17 - In your arms
Chapter 18 - Hangover's a bitch
Chapter 19 - Confession
Chapter 20 - Waking up 17
Chapter 21 - Birthday girl
Chapter 22 - Revisiting old memories
Chapter 23 - Deja vu
Chapter 24 - Through thick and thin
What happened after + A/N

Chapter 16 - Twisting plots and jello shots

4.5K 88 280
By LazyFox134

TW// drinking

My anxiety only grew as we approached the front door of his house. I took a deep breath before opening it. 

The smell of alcohol and cheap body spray filled my nostrils as I stepped inside the crowded house. There must have been 50 or so people. The house was littered with people dancing, drinking and having makeout sessions. The disco lights flashed aggressively and the music blared loudly out of the speakers.

I looked over at Niki, who gave me a reassuring smile before grabbing my hand and leading me to the kitchen area to get a drink. I looked at the counter to see a variety of alcohol and energy drinks scattered around with sacks of the red cups dotted around. Niki handed me an opened bottle.

"Try this," she said. I brought the bottle up to my lips and took a sip. I immediately regretted it. The taste was so bitter, it made me gag. I spat it back out. Niki laughed.

"First time drinking?" she asked, giggling. 

"Yeah," I admitted sheepishly. She grinned and grabbed a blue can from a cooler. She read the label before handing it to me.

"This is a little sweeter, so be careful on how much you drink," she warned. I took and sip and was pleasantly surprised at the taste. I reached for a cup to pour it in but Niki swatted my hand away.

"Keep it in the can," she said sternly "Someone could drug it if you use a cup," I nodded and made a mental note to keep an eye on my drink. I scanned the room, my eyes searching for a certain brown-haired boy. I eventually spotted him talking to Tommy. I smiled at the very sight of him. He was wearing jeans and his signature oversized yellow hoodie. I could feel the blush creep onto my face when he noticed me. He grinned widely and made his way through the crowds of people to get to me. 

"Wow, you look incredible," he said, his jaw practically to the floor. I grinned as that was just the reaction I was looking for. 

"Thanks, you look great too!" I chirped. The song that was playing ended and a new one came on. I saw Tubbo's eyes light up.

"This is my favourite song you have to dance with me!" he pleaded. I was a little unsure given I wasn't the best dancer but he grabbed my arm and dragged me to the middle of the "dance floor". He grabbed my hands and spun me around. I giggled and started to relax a bit, swaying my hips to the music. 

I've got to admit, Tubbo was a pretty good dancer. His movements always in time with the music as he spun me around him. I wasn't completely in time but he didn't seem to care. On the last beat of the song, he pulled me sharply towards him and placed his hands on my waist. I normally would have felt uncomfortable with anyone touching my waist but with him it was different. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stared into his eyes. He smiled at me and blushed. It was like an inescapable force that was pushing us together. My mind was racing. Was he gonna kiss me? I could see his eyes start to close as he leaned in. I did the same and our lips must have been millimetres apart before Tommy barged in.

"Hey, guys! Oh shit did I interrupt?" he said, realising what he interrupted. We both immediately pulled away and looked at him. I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that we didn't kiss. Tubbo sighed.

"No, what's up?" he asked, sounding slightly annoyed.

"Oh well a bunch of us are gonna play truth or dare so I just wanted to invite you," he replied, looking slightly guilty for interrupting. Tubbo looked at me and I shrugged.

"Um sure," he replied. It always made me feel butterflies when we communicated without talking. It made me feel safe somehow. Like he would always know if something was wrong or made me uncomfortable. 

"Great follow me," Tommy said, before downing the drink he had in his hand and heading further into the house. Tubbo grabbed my hand and we followed him. He took us to what looked like a small sitting room, with a TV and sofa. I was relieved to find it was a lot quieter here. In the centre were a group of people sat in a circle, including Niki and Minx. I smiled at them before taking a seat next to Tubbo. I quickly looked around the circle and saw loads of unfamiliar faces. A tall, brown-haired man grabbed a bottle from behind him and placed it in the middle.

"For those who don't know how to play, if the bottle lands on you you have to do a dare or say a truth," he said everyone nodded and we started the game. Tommy spun the bottle and it landed on a man with brown hair and square glasses. 

"Okay Bad, truth or dare?" Tommy asked.

"Hmmm dare," he replied. I saw Tommy and the tall man exchange a cheeky glance.

"I dare you to say fuck," Tommy giggled. Bad's face dropped.

"HEY LANGUAGE!" he screamed. Everyone in the circle erupted into laughter. "I'm NOT saying that Tommy!"

"Come on Bad you have to!" a man with black hair and a baby blue hoodie chimed in.

"No, anything else!" he pleaded. 

"Alright fine, fine," Tommy said. "I dare you to...tell us your crush!" Bad's face turned scarlet red as he looked down at the floor.

"Wha- n- NO!" he stuttered. A few people giggled at him being flustered. 

"Fine! At least tell us if they are in this room!" Tommy said, getting slightly impatient. Bad once again looked at the floor shyly.

"Okay fine! Yes, they are okay now let's move on," He said, clearly flustered. A wave of oohs and ahhs erupted as everyone was trying to figure out who it was. Niki quickly interrupted them, much to Bad's relief, by spinning the bottle. I watched it spin before, to my dismay, it landed on me. I could feel my heart pump as everyone turned to look at me. Tubbo must have noticed this and squeezed my hand, relaxing me a bit. 

"Alright y/n, truth or dare?" Minx asked. My initial reaction was to say truth but I have played this game enough to know it's always crush related and that last thing I wanted was to be asked that. So before I could change my mind I blurted out dare. Many people, Tubbo and Niki included, looked pretty surprised at my answer considering I had been quiet this whole time. There was a moment of silence while everyone thought before Minx piped up.

"Oh, I got one!" she said eagerly "I dare you to take 3 shots!" Everyone nodded in agreement but I was clearly not thrilled at that idea. Not because I was afraid of getting drunk, but because the alcohol tasted so bad I didn't want to embarrass myself by throwing up or something. Before I could say anything, Niki was on my case.

"Oh actually, y/n doesn't drink a lot so she's not too keen on the taste," she said. I could feel myself blush in embarrassment as I waited for the unimpressed mutters or encouragement to drink it anyway to begin. However, to my surprise, everyone looked at me very sympathetically and just nodded. Then Tommy got an idea.

"Hey! If it's the taste she's not keen on we have jello shots!" he announced, "They don't taste remotely of alcohol!" I saw everyone's eyes dart back to me. My gut reaction would have been to decline but I had a sudden rush of adrenaline and confidence. I think that the first drink I had started to sink in so before I knew it, I was nodding in agreement and Tommy handed me the tray. I could feel my heart pump as I took the shots, one after another. To my surprise, they didn't taste like alcohol as Tommy said. Once I had finished, everyone cheered and I sat back down. Tubbo looked at me, surprised by my sudden change in attitude and I gave him a cheeky smile. He smiled back and we continued the game. 

We played for another 30 minutes and by that time, I was completely out of it. I had never had this much alcohol before so it really took its toll. Luckily, the bottle didn't land on me again so I didn't do anything stupid. By the time we had finished, around 8 other people were drunk too, either from dares to take shots or just from drinking during the game. I was talking to Niki when someone came into the room, looking quite panicked. 

"Is Toby here?" they asked. Tubbo lifted his head and walked over to them and they whispered something in his ear. His mouth dropped open in horror.

"Um I've got to go for a minute, I'll be right back!" he announced before hastily leaving. Everyone looked at each other in confusion but soon forgot about it. I went back to talking to Niki.

No POV

(Maddie is not currently at the party, she is on the phone with her friend)

"Did you do it?" Maddie asked impatiently. Her friend friends smirked.

"Yeah I did," she said, a malicious smile spread across her face. Maddie was determined to keep her word that she would make y/n regret it and knew no boundaries. She had made her friends go into his kitchen and smashed a bunch of plates, bowls and anything they could find. But this was only the start of what she had planned. 

"Is he still guarding the door?" Maddie asked. Her friend peered over to the front door of the house to see one of Tubbo's friends standing by it.

"Yeah," she said. Maddie huffed in frustration.

"Ugh! Why didn't the plate thing work!" she stropped "Alyssa is there anything you can do?"

"No, he's never left the d-" she cut herself off as an idea popped into her head "Actually I think I have an idea, I'm gonna pass the phone to Jenna she will tell you when it's safe to slip in," she smirked and passed the phone to Jenna.

"What are you gonna do?" Jenna asked, clearly confused. Alyssa smirked and fixed her hair.

"Watch this," she said, mischievously. She walked over to the guy by the door and started aggressively flirting with him. Then she suddenly threw herself onto him and started to make out with him. Jenna and the rest of her friends watched from afar, completely in shock. They waited for his back to be away from the door before notifying Maddie, who was waiting on his driveway. She had put on some spray-on hair dye and was wearing sunglasses and a hat to conceal her identity. 

"Okay you can come in now," Jenna whispered into the phone. Maddie walked up to the door and quickly entered. She scurried over to her group of friends who quickly crowded around her to hide her.

"That was AWESOME!" they gushed. Maddie smiled maliciously. 

"Trust me, that's nothing compared to what's coming" she chuckled.

~A/N~

Word count - 1881

Summary - Y/n and Niki enter the house and go to the kitchen to get a drink. Y/n gets a slightly sweeter drink as she is not used to alcohol.  Tubbo spots them and comes over. Him and y/n dance for a bit to his favourite song. They almost kiss but are interrupted by Tommy, inviting them to play truth or dare. They accept and go to another room to play. The bottle lands on y/n and she is dared to take 3 jello shots. She does so and after 30 minutes, starts to feel the effects of the alcohol. Someone comes into the room and takes Tubbo away to deal with some broken plates. Meanwhile, Maddie's friends are devising a plan to sneak her in. They successfully do so and are eager to play out the rest of the plan.

Hey everyone :)

Sorry if the chapter quality is bad I have less time to write now because of school! But also, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 400 READS!!! I mean holy shit that is incredible! I am glad you guys are enjoying the story and I will be updating as much as I can! I just wanted to let you know that there is gonna be quite a lot of trigger warnings in the next few chapters so if you don't want to read the chapter in detail, you can read the summary I provide at the end!

Thank you so much for the support and remember that you are beautiful loves <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 5.3K 40
(Tommyinnit X Reader) fluff "Yes it was short, set it was sweet, but it came from my music man, and he makes me complete." An American girl moves to...
4.2K 78 39
A girl with a small following on twitch runs into a tall boy with fluffy hair on the first day in a new school. He volunteers to help here throughout...
618K 16.8K 48
UNDER EDITING 👍 ------- "Why are you so annoying Tommyinnit?" she said, a sigh escaping her lips. She was laying down on her bed with her arm coveri...
869 28 7
TNTduo Vampire AU (human!Quackity & vampire!Wilbur) Warnings: abuse, stockholm syndrome, religious trauma, assault, descriptions of violence, possibl...