Cute air - Reggie Peters

Por DragonxScarlett

"You're kissing air!" Carlos laughs. Roxanne turns to look at Reggie again and smiles. "Cute air." She replie... Más

01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

04

3.1K 61 2
Por DragonxScarlett

Roxanne walks downstairs to see Julie and her dad with their laptop at the table. "What ya'll doing?" She asks happily.

"Picking out pictures for the website, but there are some pretty weird things like orbs in the middle of the picture in the studio." Ray explains.

"Orbs?" Carlos jumps up from the sofa. "I've seen really weird things of that on the internet." He says.
"People say their ghosts."

"Yeah and you believe that?" Roxanne asks smiling at the boy who feels like a little brother.

"I mean yeah, you may think that's mom and she made some friends?" He asks looking at the picture from his spot.

"That's a nice thought but there's no such thing as ghosts!" Ray says chuckling.

"Why does no one in this house believe me?" Carlos asks dramatically.

"I didn't say I didn't believe you, I just asked if you believed." Roxanne says.

"So you believe me?" Carlos asks excitedly.

"Yeah! Why not! I mean everything is possible." Roxanne replies giving Carlos a high five.

"You can just trash those." Julie says while sighing.
"Um dad?" Julie asks looking at Ray.

"Yeah?" He asks back looking over at Julie.

"I was thinking." She says. "If we're just moving because of me, and you, Roxy and Carlos wanna stay, I'm fine with that." She says. Roxanne and Carlos share a happy look and nod.

"I vote we stay!" Carlos immediately says putting one hand up in the sky.

"Me too." Roxanne immediately replies also putting her hand up, she never liked the idea of leaving.

"I mainly don't wanna have to clean under my bed." Carlos says putting down his hand, Ray nods at him.

"Noted, what made you have second thoughts?" Ray asks Julie.

"I don't know." Julie breathes out. "I guess a combination of things. I know that tia says that moving is moving on, but I don't think that's the answer." Julie says.

"I totally agree with you on that. I mean, I think... I think moving on has to come from the inside." Ray says standing up. "And one of us took a huge step this morning." He looks at Julie.

"All our memories of mom are here, and we should too." Julie replies. "Can we stay?" She asks.

"All votes are in. Yes! Yes thank you!" Ray chuckles happily. He pulls Julie into a big bear hug. "Get in here, come on." Ray says pointing at Roxanne and Carlos. They all have a groups hug. "Ok, somebody find me my phone." He says. "I need to call the real estate agent."

"Oh, um, I think I saw it in the kitchen." Carlos says. Julie takes her dad's hand and leads him to the kitchen. Carlos waits until their gone to sit behind the laptop.

"What are you doing?" Roxanne asks curious.

"You believed me about ghosts right? Wanna help catch them?" Carlos asks making Roxanne nervous.

He takes the picture out of the trash can on the computer. "Sure." Roxanne sighs.

***

It's late at night and everyone sleeps but Roxanne woke Julie up to get a midnight snack. "Really? You wanna eat something? Now?" Julie asks.

"Ow come on, you know I can't sleep with an empty stomach." Roxanne replies smiling. They enter the kitchen to see Luke and Reggie staring into the fridge. Julie let out a little yell.

"I'm never gonna get used to that." Julie says sighing. She walks over to the boys and looks inside the fridge noticing they look at cupcakes. "Do you guys even eat?" Julie asks, the boys shake their head.

"I just wanna see what'cha got." Luke replies. Julie pushes the fridge to close. "Hey!" Luke yells.

"You know how long that took us to open it in the first place?" Reggie asks looking at Julie.

"Julie doesn't believe in wasting power." Roxanne replies laughing.

"Good, because that's exactly what we wanted to talk to you girls about." Luke says lening onto the kitchen counter. Julie starts making her bread while Roxanne takes out the cheese and butter.

"Our power usage?" Julie asks confused.

"No! The power you two girls have." Reggie says standing next to Luke.

"You're voices." Luke replies. "Your piano and guitar playing. Dude, you girls are like human wrecking balls." He says making Roxanne laugh.

"Is this a pep talk?" Julie asks chuckling lightly.

"What Luke is saying is that you two have the power to move people." Reggie says.

"That was really deep Reggie." Roxanne says smiling.

"I know, sometimes I'm unbelievable smart." He adds.

"There is no way your teachers wouldn't let you back into school if they heard you play like that." Luke says pointing out the window. Roxanne shakes her head and walks to the cabinet and gets a knife.

"I asked her and she said I have to wait till next semester." Julie says taking the knife and starting to spread the butter over the slices of bread.

"That was your first mistake. Asking." Luke scoffs sitting down next to the sink.

Roxanne turns to the fridge and gets out apple juice before turning and walking through Reggie. She stops noticing what happened and looks at him smiling. "That felt weird." Reggie says giggling.

"Sunset Curve booked things by doing." Luke says ignoring the other two. "We went into ambush mode."

"Yeah! We played in front of clubs. We played in back of clubs. We even played book clubs." Reggie continues.

"Book clubs?" Roxanne asks confused.

"Yeah, we didn't get many gigs out of that one." Luke says softly.

"But they did have some gnarly snacks." Reggie adds.

"We're just saying, don't ask for permission." Luke says looking at both girls. "Swing that wrecking ball of talent of your teacher's head." He says.

"And smash those stupid rules right outa their heads." Reggie finishes.

"This isn't a club, it's a school, and your plan sounds voilent." Julie replies laughing softly.

"It's a closed door, and you gotta bust it open." Julie opens the cabinet while Luke talks and he sticks his head through it. She gets back and puts some apple juice in the glasses she just picked out. "Sorry, once I start with the metaphors I can't stop." He says.

"We learned that from book club." Reggie says smiling.

"I see." Roxanne says giggling.

"Their not just gonna let me back in." Julie says.

"If getting back into music is what you want, then you gotta go for it. Learn from me." Luke says. Julie gives one sandwich to Roxanne while she takes the other. "You're tainted hot dog could be right around the corner." He adds right before both girls took a bite.

They take the sandwiches out of their mouths. "And there goes my hunger." Roxanne says putting it down.

"I don't even have anything prepared." Julie sighs.

"Thought you'd say that." Luke says taking a piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolds it. Roxanne looks at Reggie and he points smiling at the paper.
"It's called bright, it's a Sunset Curve song I wrote that we never got to record." Luke says.

"But..." Reggie walks up to the girls and Luke. "It's perfect for your range." He says.

"Check out the chorus." Luke says putting down the paper so everyone could see. "If you add a little bit of piano, and put the guitar in, I'm telling you...

[luke]
You're eyes, through the night
You and I
We will fight to shine together
Bright forever

[Luke and Julie]
And rise through the night
You and I

[all four]
We will fight to shine together

"Girls go up high, Reggie and I low." Luke says.

Bright forever

They harmonized perfectly together. Roxanne looks at Reggie who looks at her and smiles, he smiles back. Luke and Julie do the same. "Thanks." Julie says.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

98.3K 2.1K 23
After getting a 911 text from her best friend Julie, she goes over to her house, not expecting to find 3 teenage ghosts living in her mom's studio...
27.5K 728 39
"You live in my dream state, we're lowkey my fantasy i stay in reality, you live in my dream state any time I count sheep...... I wonder if you look...
23.4K 448 6
in which Julie's older sister, Selena, comes home from college and she is the only one who can touch the newfound ghost boys. -------------- "They're...
189K 3.5K 29
Have you ever been in love with someone? Imagine you find a ghost band with your little sister Julie and are instantly attracted to a dark haired boy...