04

Roxanne walks downstairs to see Julie and her dad with their laptop at the table. "What ya'll doing?" She asks happily.

"Picking out pictures for the website, but there are some pretty weird things like orbs in the middle of the picture in the studio." Ray explains.

"Orbs?" Carlos jumps up from the sofa. "I've seen really weird things of that on the internet." He says.
"People say their ghosts."

"Yeah and you believe that?" Roxanne asks smiling at the boy who feels like a little brother.

"I mean yeah, you may think that's mom and she made some friends?" He asks looking at the picture from his spot.

"That's a nice thought but there's no such thing as ghosts!" Ray says chuckling.

"Why does no one in this house believe me?" Carlos asks dramatically.

"I didn't say I didn't believe you, I just asked if you believed." Roxanne says.

"So you believe me?" Carlos asks excitedly.

"Yeah! Why not! I mean everything is possible." Roxanne replies giving Carlos a high five.

"You can just trash those." Julie says while sighing.
"Um dad?" Julie asks looking at Ray.

"Yeah?" He asks back looking over at Julie.

"I was thinking." She says. "If we're just moving because of me, and you, Roxy and Carlos wanna stay, I'm fine with that." She says. Roxanne and Carlos share a happy look and nod.

"I vote we stay!" Carlos immediately says putting one hand up in the sky.

"Me too." Roxanne immediately replies also putting her hand up, she never liked the idea of leaving.

"I mainly don't wanna have to clean under my bed." Carlos says putting down his hand, Ray nods at him.

"Noted, what made you have second thoughts?" Ray asks Julie.

"I don't know." Julie breathes out. "I guess a combination of things. I know that tia says that moving is moving on, but I don't think that's the answer." Julie says.

"I totally agree with you on that. I mean, I think... I think moving on has to come from the inside." Ray says standing up. "And one of us took a huge step this morning." He looks at Julie.

"All our memories of mom are here, and we should too." Julie replies. "Can we stay?" She asks.

"All votes are in. Yes! Yes thank you!" Ray chuckles happily. He pulls Julie into a big bear hug. "Get in here, come on." Ray says pointing at Roxanne and Carlos. They all have a groups hug. "Ok, somebody find me my phone." He says. "I need to call the real estate agent."

"Oh, um, I think I saw it in the kitchen." Carlos says. Julie takes her dad's hand and leads him to the kitchen. Carlos waits until their gone to sit behind the laptop.

"What are you doing?" Roxanne asks curious.

"You believed me about ghosts right? Wanna help catch them?" Carlos asks making Roxanne nervous.

He takes the picture out of the trash can on the computer. "Sure." Roxanne sighs.

***

It's late at night and everyone sleeps but Roxanne woke Julie up to get a midnight snack. "Really? You wanna eat something? Now?" Julie asks.

"Ow come on, you know I can't sleep with an empty stomach." Roxanne replies smiling. They enter the kitchen to see Luke and Reggie staring into the fridge. Julie let out a little yell.