The Worst Journey Of High Sch...

由 Queenart13

Holly, the daughter of one of the greatest and richest worldwide scientists, enters an educational institutio... 更多

The First Impression
The Empty Parking Space.
The Name: Jayson or Jay?
The Work From Home
The Worms
The Counter Guy
The Warning
The Red Glasses
The Detention
The Upside down Smile.
The Author's Note.
The Upside Down Smile: Part 2
The Blame
The Text
The Solution
The Apology
The Danger
The Unfair Fight
The Death
The Club
The Foreign Mei
The War of Colours
The Twins
The Author's Note
The Permission
The Betrayal
The First Contact
The Sister
The Save
The Trash Talker
The Refusal
The Deal
The Author's Note.
🗨️Characters 💬
The Blackmail
The Sleepover...And More
The Truth
The Queen Bee
The Lesson

The Party Fiasco

23 1 0
由 Queenart13

Friday 9:17pm
My guilt left me when I saw what stood before me.

A beautiful duplex house decorated with colourful ribbons and had party lights shining from it's windows.
I could see people dancing to the loud booming music inside while others lingered outside chatting or drinking down refreshments.

I gawked at it for seconds until a couple pushed me to the side.
"What are you waiting for girl! Go party!!" The girl shouted at me before entering the house with her date.

I walked towards the front porch while avoiding balloons and party strings on the ground and entered the house.

My eyes widened at the sight and I immediately covered my ears to prevent the loud music from bursting my ear drums.
I saw many faces from school and others I didn't even knew existed. A DJ was in charge of the songs, there was a huge disco ball at the center of the ceiling and everyone dancing like there was no tomorrow.
I started to look for Carol and Nicki by asking people where they were. Some ignored me, some shrugged and some shouted "NO!" at my face.

"Those two?! Nope! Woohoo!!" Angel, the girl that didn't like me, called out to me because of the loud music.

She didn't pay much attention to me as she went back to dancing with Henry, the jerk himself that was flirting with Jessica the last time.

The place was crowded as people were pushing me around so I went to the bar, resting on the counter.
The bar attender, who surprisingly was one of my classmates, was busy refilling the freezer with cans of coke. He didn't notice my face. I decided to order a can of coke.
"I saw the game yesterday. You played really well."

The voice was so close that I had to look to my right.
"Yeah you did well too Zoe."

I'm sorry...Zoe?!
I wanted to walk up to her and drag her ear, while screaming, "WHY DIDN'T YOU COME TO SCHOOL FOR THE PAST 3 DAYS??!!" into her ear but then, I remembered Leo's words:
"Just clean it up. I'll make sure she gets her own part of her punishment. Please, trust me."

Trust him. And I did that by sitting my ass back down and listening to more of thier conversation.
He continued. "Nicki must have been a good leader with you guys. Your routine got us pumped up!" The boy said.

They sat only a seat away, with the boy's back turned to me while talking to Zoe, who wore a handless green crop top, with a shiny silver miniskirt and her hair packed in two buns.
I began to assume that the boy was Daniel. 

When she rested on the bar counter, trying to get close to him, a girl who had her hair in a messy but cute bun, just bumped in and kissed Daniel on the cheek. Zoe rolled her eyes.
Nicki continued to talk with Daniel completely opting Zoe out of the conversation.
I stood up from my chair and walked over to the three.

"Nicki!" I called.

Nicki looked back.
"Hey Holly!" Daniel said with his usual huge smile.

Zoe looked at me.
I glared at Zoe and she left the bar. Nicki rolled her eyes at Zoe's back before she disappeared into the dancing crowd.
"Holly! Where have you been?! I called you so many times!" She said.

She hugged me and I hugged her back.
"I had to take care of something important!" I said.

"What?! I can't hear you over this loud music!"

"I SAID I HAD TO TAKE CARE OF SOMETHING IMPORTANT!!" I shouted again.

"OH OKAY!! " She shouted back.

"I hope I wasn't late!" I shouted.

"Now way! The middle of the party is always the best!" Daniel shouted on the top of his voice.
He got off his chair drinking down the last of his coke and throwing the can into the dustbin next to the bar.
It landed in.
Some of the boys at the bar praised him.

Daniel was right. The party seemed so lively. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten all worked up about being late.
Daniel whispered into Nicki's ear. She nodded. He kissed her forehead gently and went to join the dance floor in the middle of the room.

Nicki turned to me and I gasped at her outfit.
A pink spaghetti hand crop top, black knife pleat skirt, and a white jacket tied around her waist. She had a bottle of fanta in hand.
"Nicki...your outfit..you...You look awesome!!" I said adoring her look.

"Pft! Whaaaat?? Girl look at you! You look so cool and nerdy...but so cute!!" She cooed at mine.

The music got louder.
"WHERE'S CAROL?!!" I asked.

"RESTROOM! UPSTAIRS!! LET'S GO!!"

She grabbed my hand and dragged me upstairs passing people who stood by or chatted near.
Victor called out to Nicki and winked  flirtatiously at her. Nicki waved him off and we went into the hallway upstairs.
There were doors that we assumed led to rooms. Nicki opened a door that was on the  right side of the hallway and we went in.
There was Carol in the restroom, in front of a mirror, applying eye liner.
She looked different-in a good way.

She wore a white shirt, with black leather skinny trousers and black boots. She had her hair in a bun and wore a black neck collar.
She faced us and her eyes widened at me.
"Holly?! Omg! You're here!"

"You know it girl!" I said as we hugged.

"Let me in on that! " Nicki said as she joined the hug. We parted.

"Woah Carol...you look...you look.."

"Different?" Nicki smirked.

"Yeah that!" I said to her.

"Yeah, I've had 6 people tell me that since I got here." Carol chuckled. " Anyways we're glad you're here. What took you so long? We thought you won't show up."

"Sorry I ignored your calls. I was really busy." I apologized.

"With what?" She asked.

"It's a long story. I had to attend a ceremony with my family. It's all over now."

That was a lie.
The main ceremony ended at 9pm but there was an after party for only the scientists for an hour. Meaning, the whole ceremony always ended at 10pm.
My chances of coming back home would be either at 10:30pm or 11:00pm.

But I didn't tell them that.

"Oh okay." Carol said. She looked at my hair and started to chuckle.

"I see you didn't change your hairstyle. It looks so fancy and 'classy' " She said wiggling her eyebrows.

My eyes widened. I hadn't changed my hair style.
But Nicki said I looked great.
The place was warm so I tied my jacket around my waist just like Nicki did.
"Alright then..." Carol opened the restroom door.
"Let's go PARTYYYYY!" she squealed.

We all went down stairs sharing that same hype energy, down to the dance floor, dancing to the DJ's tunes as party lights showered on us.
Soon, my favorite song came on.
"Omg! I can't believe it's playing!" I squealed.

"Omg, I love this song!" Carol screamed out in delight.

"Wait really?! Me too! " Nicki said back smiling widely.

"You guys," I said. "we have something in common! This is so awesome!" I squealed in more excitement.
The lyrics came on and we all sang to it together.

•••••••••••••••••••••

Friday 9:58pm
I was glad the song was loud enough to shield the terrible voices of girls that couldn't sing. We had sang up to 7 songs at that moment and danced well known dance moves with our schoolmates.
Even the seniors that I recognized were the real life of the party.

My feet were aching. Even Nicki had gone barefoot by the 8th song.

I have a feeling she won't be going home with her heels.

Carol in the heat of the moment, had released her hair from it's bun and waved it around while dancing like a rock star on an electric guitar.

I laughed when her hair smacked Henry's face.
He deserved it.
Soon enough all three of us took charge of the dance floor, dancing to the music. Grayson, who I couldn't make out his face in the dark till he got close to me, joined us.
Everyone cheered us on as we danced harder.
Later, the song changed and everyone was bummed about it. The DJ saw his mistake and changed it back to the original but the vibe had already been lost.

The party became crazier when we left the dance floor as senior boys started to breakdance.
All 3 of us collapsed on the sofa infront of the stairs.
I was only wearing my socks now. My 500 thousand worth court shoes? Don't ask me.

Our throats were parched and we needed a drink. It seems that a guy read our minds as he handed us 3 bottles of coke.
"Thanks dude." I managed to say as I drank up.

"You're welcome. You guys really broke a sweat there. It was awesome!" He said.
He sat at the hand rest of the couch.

"Yeah!" Carol said flipping her hair one more time.

"Got that right" Nicki said wiggling her toes, her toe nails painted pink.

"Who are you?" I asked politely when I looked up.

He smiled. "Mason. I'm the host of the party. My brother told me about you, Holly."

When I heard my name from him I sat up straight. "Your brother? You mean Grayson?"

At that moment Grayson appeared right in front of us.
"Ahhhhh!" We shrieked, except Mason, when Grayson popped out of nowhere.

Grayson laughed. "Man, I got you guys good!"

We groaned in annoyance.
"Do you ever get tired Grayson?" Nicki asked.

"Nope!" He said laughing out some more.
He stopped and inspected us. "You're looking good tonight ladies!" He winked at us.
Carol chuckled.

"Woah Carol, you look different!" Grayson.

"That counts 7." She murmured with a smirk.

Mason laughed. "No really, Carol you look beautiful." Mason said meaningfully. He looked at Carol like no other guy would.
Like, the look he gave, looked so... I dunno.... enchanting.
Mason WAS handsome.

Carol blushed. "Oh yeah, I know that. Thank you." Carol said looking away, scratching the back of her neck.

Mason elbowed his brother. "Why flirting with her, huh?!" Grayson teased him.

"Back off!" Mason said jokinly.

"Hey Grayson, Mason!" A familiar voice said.

I looked up. Lo and behold, stood Jessica.
I would have been lying if I said she didn't look beautiful. Jessica looked down at us on the sofa.
"Oh Holly, you came?" She asked.

"Yeah. Who wouldn't come?" I replied trying not to be rude.

She ignored me and asked Grayson where Jay was. Grayson shrugged. Mason was about to talk when Grayson coughed abruptly and said he needed some water.
He left us for the bar.
"I really dont know where he is. But I once saw him next to the pool with Angel." He said looking innocent.

Jessica sighed in frustration.
"Alright, thanks. Have fun!" She said as she pecked Mason on the cheek and sashayed away.
I rolled my eyes.
"She's sharing kisses now? Ugh!" Carol said and rolled her eyes.

Mason chuckled as he wiped the lipgloss from his cheek.

"Ew. Virus check?" Nicki said.

I laughed but stopped when I felt the consequences of drinking coke.
In order words, I had to to pee.

I excused myself and went upstairs to the restroom. After I was done, I was going to go downstairs when someone suddenly laughed.
I had a feeling it was directed at me since when I looked to my side, I saw a guy looking at me.
He had orange dyed hair. He wore a black long sleeve shirt and black trousers, with sneakers.

He was just coming from the other room on the left as he closed the door behind him. He walked towards me with a smirk on his face. I was about to walk away.

"Didn't anyone tell you that going to the restroom with socks was a bad idea?"

Words: 2052
28 chapters down 10 to go.
Thanks for reading. Please vote and tell me your thoughts in the comments!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

2.8K 336 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
4.6K 586 6
Typical teenager Joanna Gore Alex is less than thrilled to be the new girl in a new school. During her first day, she quickly learns teachers obvious...
245K 4.8K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
122 33 21
Amelia's life is shattered when a tragedy befalls her. All she ever wanted to do was escape from her reality. The trauma she faced gnawed at her, eat...