Bad [Harry Potter Fanfiction]...

Da Emmalee_Sky

[Completed] (Fanfiction / Romance) Who's Bad? I'm Bad. * Five years ago, the Second War ended in the Wizardin... Altro

Bad
1 | A new case
2 | The Leaky Cauldron
3 | An answer to her prayers
4 | A break with friends
5 | New client
6 | Plagued by what ifs
7 | Pieces fall into place
8 | Today was the day
9 | Polyjuice Potion
10 | Not the Ministry
11 | A priceless token
12 | Perfect Opportunity
13 | Anticipation
14 | Display of magic
15 | Fyrefox
17 | Whiplash
18 | The oddest feeling
19 | Another shot
20 | Parkinson Manor
21 | A few things to say.
22 | Priority
23 | Something has changed.
24 | Letters
Timing is everything.
25 | Dinner
26 | This was business.
27 | Cut out the competition
28 | We need a plan.
29 | Monkey Suit
30 | Promise me.
31 | Ready
32 | The Ball
33 | No man
34 | So much for exciting.
35 | The future together
36 | Handled
37 | Lure
38 | One option
39 | Aren't you forgetting something?
40 | Home
Epilogue | The future
Epilogue | It's time.
BAD Series
All in BAD Company
A Few BAD Men

16 | Do you understand?

12.7K 348 75
Da Emmalee_Sky

Darkness engulfed Harry. Snippets of conversation came on the wind. Laughter. The air was cold and damp as he walked through the forest. He was almost there. His heart pounded. Just a bit. Almost there. Maybe he should go back. The trees opened up. A flash of red eyes, a hiss on the wind-

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Ennervate!"

Harry shot up, screaming.

"Harry!" Hands held him down. He struggled. Oh, God. No. "Harry!"

His eyes snapped open, and Ron and Hermione came into view. He froze. Merlin. He was safe. He's wasn't there. He fell back against the floor, breathing hard, and covered his face.

"Bloody hell," Ron muttered, crouching beside him. "Are you okay?"

He'd been back in the Forbidden Forest. Surrounded by Death Eaters. Ready for... He cleared his throat and sat up. "Yeah, I'm okay." Looking around, it all started to come back to him, his temper rising with each breath.

Ginny.

She had stunned him. He couldn't believe it. He was trying to help her, save her from Azkaban, and this was how she repaid him? He ran his hands over his face, glasses catching in his hair. He exhaled into his hands. Merlin's Beard, was there going to be anything easy about Fyrefox?

"What's that?" Ron asked, straightening and moving over to Hermione.

Her eyebrows were knitted together as she read over a parchment. "Harry, why did someone stun you then leave you here on our doorstep?"

He was on their doorstep? He looked around. On a small porch, a red and gold knitted welcome mat from Mrs. Weasley.

"Have you been here since you disappeared from the ball?" Ron asked before he could reply. "You didn't say a word. Did you see Fyrefox? Did you find him?"

Oh, he saw her alright. Sticking her wand in his bloody face.

"What does it say?" he asked Hermione instead.

"That you were stunned." She handed him the letter, and he bit the inside of his cheek to keep from groaning. Inconspicuous writing and no name. Ginny wouldn't give herself away that easy. He rolled it up and slipped into his pocket. Two letters from Fyrefox now. He'd look more at this one when he got a moment alone.

"Why don't you come inside and tell us all about it?" she said as Ron held his hand out to him. Harry sighed but got up with his help. She ushered them in, shutting the door.

Harry would never get bored of their house. A mixture of the magical and muggle worlds. Appliances moved on their own, a family clock just like the one that hung in the Burrow was in the kitchen, a flatscreen telly sat on a stand in the living room, and a phone was on the table by the couches, mostly used for Hermione's parents, though Harry had one too.

Settling on one of the couches, he took off his glasses and rubbed his temples. The pain of a headache was starting. Had he hit his head when he fell before? He ran his fingers through his hair. No sensitive areas.

"Why did you-" Ron started.

"Harry, would like a Firewhiskey?" Hermione cut him off. When he nodded, putting his glasses back on, she summoned a bottle and three glasses. She poured each of them a drink then handed them over. Harry drank the first in one go and it burned the entire way down. Bloody hell. He held out his glass for another. She refilled it. This time, he sipped it and leaned back against the couch, head dropping, and stared at the ceiling.

He sighed. Just what the hell was he going to do now?

"Is everything alright?" Hermione asked.

Sitting up, he took another sip and looked into his drink. What could he say? The fury coursing through him was nothing compared to the fear he felt about Ginny getting thrown in Azkaban. He put down his glass and looked between Ron and Hermione. This would affect them too. Merlin. He didn't want to arrest her. She was just confused. If could help her...

He dropped his head into his hands.

"Harry, mate. What happened?" Ron asked when he didn't speak. "Fyrefox showed and stole the Golden Unicorn Horn. What do we do now? Do you think the Americans are going to leave?"

Harry groaned. The Americans!

"No, they wouldn't leave," Hermione said. When they both looked at her, she continued, "I don't- From what I've gathered about President Quahog and Auror Times, I don't think they would just leave."

"I hope they don't leave," Harry admitted. God, they were going to fire him. He rubbed his jaw, it was rough with stubble. What time was it? He looked at his watch, the numbers blending together. His hand dropped into his lap and he blinked hard. Damn. He was exhausted.

Hermione got up and started the fire with a flick of her wand. Harry rolled his head and stared into it. A picture on the mantle caught his attention. The Weasley family before the war. A happy, whole family. Ginny's smile made him sigh. She was so carefree, blissfully happy. Things changed for her, but where had those hurts taken her? Far enough to become Fyrefox? Sweet Merlin.

"Where did you go after the artifact was taken?"  Ron asked. "How did you end up here?"

He licked his lips, running his hands down his trousers. "I thought I saw Fyrefox, but it was a trap." He rubbed his neck and frowned. "I was stunned from behind."

The redhead standing in front of him, her wand pointed at his chest flashed through his mind.

He blinked, catching them sharing a look.

"Why our doorstep then?" Hermione asked, head tilted.

He shrugged. Honestly, he had no idea why Ginny dropped him here. Hell, he was surprised she didn't just leave him in the streets of Diagon Alley. She utterly confused him.

The scrubbing of dishes magically cleaning in the kitchen mixed with the flames licking up the logs filled the air. He tried to focus on them rather than the looks the couple shared in front of him. He pursed his lips. They knew him too well. Knew something was up, but they let him keep his secrets. 

Merlin, he hated secrets. Would he never be free of them?

He got to his feet and finished his Firewhiskey, handing the empty glass to her. "I've got to get back to the Ministry and face what's waiting for me." He rubbed his face again, his glassing moving up to his forehead.

"What do you think's going to happen?" Ron asked, kicking his feet up onto the coffee table.

He exhaled. "Probably fire me."

"No!" Hermione was on her feet, appalled.

"They wouldn't," Ron added, shaking his head. "You're one of the best Aurors. No one is perfect. If they fired everyone who didn't get their man... well, Headquarters would be mighty empty." He grinned. "You'll get Fyrefox next time."

He was starting to feel like he'd never catch Fyrefox. 

More like, he didn't want.

"I'll see you later," he said as he made his way to the front door. Once outside, he apparated to the Ministry.

*               *               *

The Golden Unicorn sat innocently at the center of Ginny's dining room table. She stared at it, her chin on her folded arms. Here it was, and now she didn't know what to with it. Embarrassingly, she hadn't thought about what she would do after she stole the object. This wasn't like other jobs, she never planned on selling it. 

Something had to be done, however. Though she didn't receive many guests, the ones she did couldn't see it. She wouldn't have them getting into trouble because of it. She signed up for this.

That brought a smile to her lips. She stole it. The plan, even though it needed to be tweaked, had gone perfectly. The lights went off. The fireworks had started. Everyone had thought the Ministry had been involved, an added treat for the guests. The security had reacted exactly as she had expected. The Minister and the President had been escorted out, and the Aurors had shot forward towards the commotion leaving the pedestal and artifact alone.

She smiled but then it slipped.

Then Harry Potter had to do the hero thing. He almost ruined everything. It had taken her a lot longer to realize he was tailing her than she was comfortable admitting it. She hadn't wanted to go straight to her flat and instead decided to go through Knockturn Alley then back to the Leaky Cauldron to lose anyone who saw her. But did it have to be him of all people? Why not that attractive American Auror? No, the Ministry's most loyal dog? 

She exhaled, leaning back in her chair and continued to stare at the artifact.

And he'd added an extra ten minutes to side-apparate him to Ron's home. Why did she do that? She should've just left him. Teach him to go into Knockturn Alley unprepared, even if he was the Chosen One.

She reached across the table and ran her fingers over the gold, bringing a smile back to her lips. It was so beautiful and all hers.

Too bad Harry knew she had it now. She pinched her bottom lip as she stared at it. She'd have to hide it. Tilting her head, she pulled out her wand, twirling it around her fingers. Ah! She knew just what to do. She transfigured the Golden Unicorn Horn into a beautiful, thin, golden vase.

It still had the same texture, just shaped differently. She pushed it to the middle of her table and smiled. "Perfect." She dropped her head onto her folded hands and stared some more. The only thing missing now was a bouquet of flowers. Maybe she'd buy some tomorrow.

Will he tell the Ministry?  a voice whispered in her mind.

She pursed her lips. And if he did? She'd take her artifact and disappear. Start over. It was possible to get lost in America, maybe she'd go to Alaska or further north to Canada. England held no sway over her anymore. The distance between her and her family built to the point she never met with them. Ron had been the last weeks ago. It was time to officially cut that tie. Maybe she should start making a plan just in case.

A tap at her window drew her out of her escape plan. She opened it, and an eagle-owl flew in, dropping a parchment on the table before flying away. It was impossible to not recognize it. She exhaled as she read the letter.

Weasley,

Meet me at the Leaky Cauldron as soon as possible.

~ D.

She sighed. Malfoy. It had to be about the job. After their conversation at the ball hours ago, she hadn't expected him to contact her so soon. With the knowledge that the Parkinson family had the Black Locket, she could start searching for a way to get her hands on it. That had been what she needed to get started. 

Now that her personal job was done, she could step fully into Malfoy's. She went to her room to change.

Ten minutes later, she strolled into the Leaky Cauldron. She waved at Hannah as the morning crowd started to inch in. She found Malfoy seated at a booth in the back.

"Weasley." He waved at the bench in front of him.

"Malfoy," she said, fighting a grin. Merlin, she felt like she was eleven-years-old and about to start a duel. She called Hannah over. She needed tea, maybe something stronger depending on where this conversation was going.

"Good morning!" Hannah smiled. "What can I get you both?"

"Tea," Ginny said. 

"I'll have the same," Malfoy muttered.

"Coming right up," Hannah said, turning to go, but she stopped. "Oh, Ginny, Neville and I were looking for you after the ball last night before we left. What happened?"

A smile slipped onto her lips, and she reached out to squeeze Hannah's hand. "Really? Sorry about that. I wasn't feeling too well. Must've been too many drinks." She chuckled, shaking her head. "Sorry I didn't say anything. I just needed to get home. I hope you guys had a good time, though!"

"It was lovely, but didn't you hear?" Her eyes widened. "That artifact the President brought over was stolen! Can you believe that?" She shook her head. "Oh well, I'll bring your teas in a moment."

Ginny smiled as Hannah disappeared behind the counter.

"I don't suppose the reason you left early had anything to do with something gold, does it?" Malfoy asked, a smirk on his lips.

Her smile fell, and she glared at him. "That's none of your concern." She leaned back and crossed her arms. "Anyway, what do you want?"

His eyes darkened. "How goes the search for my mother's locket?" 

"It's going," she told him.

He stiffened. "Weasley. You've had this job for days." He leaned forward on table. "It seems I don't even need you anymore. I know exactly where the Locket is. I saw it around Pansy's skinny neck." 

"I'm aware the Parkinsons are currently in possession of the Black Locket," Ginny said.

The air snapped with energy. "What?"

"I'm aware-" She started, but he cut her off.

"When you have information pertaining to my job, you will inform me," he hissed through clenched teeth. "Do you understand? If not, I'll make you."

Anger boiled under her skin. She tightened her hands into fists then got to her feet. He grabbed her wrist, pulling her to face him. She spun and placed her wand at his neck. Her body blocked them from the rest of the room.

He stiffened, eyes widening as he stared up at her.

"Our job is canceled. I'll no longer be doing anything for you, Malfoy." She dug the wand deeper, and he winced. "It's over. Do you understand?"

Take a deep breath. Too many witnesses. Relax. Calm yourself.

Malfoy nodded, and when she pulled back her wand, he inched away from her, rubbing his neck. She turned, but not before she caught the flash of fear in his eyes.

Good. 

*

I AM SOOOOOO SORRY ABOUT THIS WAIT FOR THIS. Life, what can I say? Anyway, Ginny. Brah. She is pissed! But no one threatens her. Malfoy should really know better. Smh. Well, hopefully, he does now. And what did you think about her leaving Harry on Ron and Hermione's doorstep? Maybe there's something still there? Under the hurt and the anger and betrayal? Maybe? What do you think? Anyway, thank you, as always, for all of your support in me and my stories! It means so much to me and keeps me writing. Always <3

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

238 18 46
*Ongoing* (SEQUEL TO UNBREAK) UNRAVEL book 6: Hogwarts was no longer safe as it once was now that Albus Dumbledore, the only wizard capable of taking...
578K 15.5K 43
My apologies but this is my first fanfiction and I wrote it when I was 13-please note that the romance moves quickly as I needed to speed up the stor...
1.1K 84 34
*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNVEIL) UNRAVEL book 3: Now, as things have started to change, the challenges Aine had faced in her second year at Hogwarts we...
569K 16.5K 22
On a fateful mission gone wrong, Auror Draco Malfoy gets mauled by a werewolf in an attempt to save his partner's life. When they rush him into St. M...