Habits Of My Toxic Heart - Dr...

By NellyStylesJr

My rage had no stop and I was out of control. It wasn't like I could walk up to Madam Pomfrey and be like "he... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter one - Dragon eggs
Chapter two - Detention, quizzing and flying
Chapter three - Specific taste
Chapter four - Poisoning
Chapter five - Snuff box
Chapter six- Late letter
Chapter seven - Personal pitbull
Chapter eight - Zipper
Chapter nine - Mandrakes and bribery
Chapter ten - Plate of spiders
Chapter eleven - Archenemy
Chapter twelve - Grounding
Chapter thirteen - Aresto momentum
Chapter fourteen - Neglected
Chapter sixteen - Forged memories
Chapter seventeen - Cresent moon
Chapter eighteen - Imperio
Chapter nineteen - Forgive but don't forget
Chapter twenty - Withdrawal and hallucinations
Chapter twenty one - Yule ball
Chapter twenty two - Ginger twins and firewhiskey
Chapter twenty three - How to break a heart
Chapter twenty four - How to mend a heart
Chapter twenty five - Say it
Chapter twenty six - Math club
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight - The attack, the army and the lies

Chapter fifteen - Truth unravels

1 0 0
By NellyStylesJr

Holly

I had managed to get my mothers approval after many discussions to go to the Malfoy manor. Only for a weekend, she would be the one picking me up and dropping me off. No magic mumbo jumbo. She would have to talk to Draco's parents and we would not be sleeping in the same bed. I understood all of her demands, but I hated them because it would mean that I would be a burden to the Malfoy's, more than I would already be. I had just finished packing when my mothers head popped up behind my door.

"You're sure you don't need any help?"
"Again, no," I rolled my eyes over her hovering.

"Sorry.. It's just- I just got you back you know?" she looked at me cohesively.

"It's only two days, and it's really not far from here either."

"You're right, how did you grow up so fast?" she smiled at me.

"I have no idea," I returned her smile and closed my backpack.

We made our way out of the apartment and into my mothers old car. It really is a miracle it's still working. We got in and she let me choose what cd we would listen to. I chose this indie band "temple of the dog" and we sat in comfortable silence listening to their album the entire ride to the Malfoy manor.

Dracos description of the manor was very accurate. We drove on this small forest path until we came to a clearing and we saw the manor tower up before us. It was huge, surrounded by big but well trimmed hedges and a gate. I saw a woman standing just outside the gate as we pulled up. I assumed it was Draco's mother, Narcissca. A stunning woman with porcelain skin and piercing eyes, just like Draco. She was well dressed in a wool coat and heels. Her emerald necklace glowed in the declining sunlight. I got out of the car and my mother did the same.

Narcissa made her way over to my mother and reached out a hand. I watched Draco's mother scan her up and down before shaking her hand.

"How lovely to meet you Miss Lancaster." Narcissa smiled, revealing her pearly white teeth.

"Likewise Mrs Malfoy," my mother smiled. Draco must have told them about my mom being a widower. I shifted uncomfortably on the thought of what they must think of me and my family.

"I hope it's okay with you that our kids sleep in separate rooms," my mother continued and I felt my cheeks heat.

"Certainly, we have made the guest room for Holly to stay in, I hope that's okay?"

"Oh wow, how kind. It'll be perfect. I'll come pick her up sunday around 2pm?"

"That sounds terrific," Narcissa smiled as my mother got back into the car, I waved her goodbye before following Narcissa into the manor.

"I must say it's great to have you here, Draco hardly ever brings friends home," she looked back at me and smiled.

"I'm so happy to be here, I offered that Draco could come visit me but we live in such a small apartment.." Narcissa cut me off.

"Oh nonsense dear, we have an entire manor to your disposal. Please feel free to visit anytime." I got why people spoke so warmly about Draco's mother. She was lovely.

"I must ask, if you do not mind, are you a muggle born?" I could hear the worry in her voice. This probably had something to do with Draco's judgemental father.

"I'm not actually, my mother comes from a long line of Lancaster wizards, and so does my father. You maybe have heard of the Black family?" I asked and she nodded.

"Certainly. I was born into it," I heard the amusement in her tone. I stopped in chock. She was, what?

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know.."
"No worries dear, we'll talk all about it inside," she waved her hand and the large double doors swung open. I walked into the hallway, and it was marvelous. Beautiful wallpapers were combined with lacquered wood along the walls.The roof was very elevated which created a dimensional space. Expensive paintings were strategically placed out, a grand dresser was placed under this one painting that caught my eye. A meadow and a girl in a white dress could be seen.

"Do you like it?" Narcissa looked at me.

"It's stunning," I smiled up at her in awe of the beautiful manor. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs to the left and I saw Draco coming downstairs. I dropped my backpack and walked towards him. He pulled me into a hug and I tightly wrapped my arms around him.

I quickly pulled away when I remembered Narcissa and realised she must've been just standing there staring at us. I cleared my throat and went back to my backpack, followed by Draco.

Draco grabbed my backpack and led me upstairs into a neatly made guest room and sat the backpack down onto the bed, he then gave me a quick tour of the upstairs. He showed me the elegant bathroom, not knowing why it was needed since every bedroom had its own bathroom already, he showed me his room that was on the other side of the stairs from my guestroom. I was surprised over how neat it was until it occured to me that they must have someone cleaning the house for them. Dracos room was light and cozy. A large bed taking up most of the room, and the fluffy covers made me wanna throw myself onto it. Across from the bed was a door that he showed me led to his closet. A room filled with clothes and all I could think to myself was money. I glanced over at his antique desk right by his window to see a few letters messily scattered over it. Who were they to? Draco cut off my thoughts by saying that I should get a tour of the downstairs also, and I obeyed. He was just going to show me the living room when Narcissa walked in.

"Draco, would you mind me having a little chat with miss Black?" Narcissa interposed and Draco nodded, looking at me hesitantly.

Narcissca's arm gesturing me into another room which I guessed was the kitchen. I walked inside, followed by Narcissa and I heard the kitchen doors shut behind us. Tea and biscuits were unveiled on the kitchen table made out of white oak. I took a seat and Narcissa did the same, opposite of me.

"Draco has told me a little about you," she poured some tea for the both of us.

"I suspected that," I took a sip of the tea, lavender flavored I guessed.

"I felt the need to talk to you, especially since you told me that you're a Black?"

"Yeah, I'm very unsure about everything regarding my father but I know his name is Regulus," I spoke uncertain of where this conversation was going.

"Yes, so I've heard. Regulus was my first cousin before he passed away. This is where I get befuddled. You see, Regulus was married, happily so, to Vivienna Price." My mouth fell open in shock. What on earth was she talking about. My mother had told me that they were in love?

"I am terribly sorry to break this news to you.. But someone has been lying to you, and I thought you deserved to hear the truth." I felt a wave of chock go through my body. This couldn't be true, right? I nodded for Narcissa to go on.

"Vivienna and Regulus had a child, Renee Black. Born seven years before you and Draco. She suffered the same fate as your classmate Mr Potter, both parents murdered by the Dark Lord at only one year of age," she took another sip of tea. I just sat there in silence, completely baffled. How did this happen?

"But my mother told me my dad, or I mean, Regulus wanted to leave the Dark Lord for hers and my sake?" I asked, feeling tears brim my eyes.

"Yes that's true dear, only not with your mother and you. He wanted to do it for his wife and child. I'm afraid your mother has been lying."

I couldn't keep in my tears anymore. They fell from my eyes and left a wet streak alongside my cheek as they fell down. I quickly wiped them away.

"But- my mother said she gave up her powers to save me from you know who," I said in between sobs.

"You are greatly mistaken if you think the Dark Lord would show anyone mercy. I happen to know that your mother is a squib, so she had no powers to give up in the first place," Narcissa shook her head and gave me a compassionate smile.

"A what?" I asked her.

"Squib? It's a non-magical person who is born to at least one magical parent. She was hopelessly in love with my cousins, both Sirius and Regulus. That's why I knew who she was. Haven't you ever wondered why you look nothing like your mother?" Narcissa gestured to my long dark hair and I sniffled at my own stupidity as I shook my head.

"I'm so sorry my dear," she reached for my hand over the table and lighty clutched it.
"Please tell me you know who my father is?" I begged her, feeling myself on the verge of losing it.

"I do know who your parents are sweetheart, but I think it will be too much to hear," she looked at me and my stomach dropped. Did she say parents? As in both?

"Parents?" I asked her.

"Yes love, parents," she stroked my hand and looked at me with compassion. I felt my airways tightening and I felt lightheaded and before I had the chance to say anything else I lost consciousness.

***

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing bright daylight simmer in from an unfamiliar window. I opened both eyes to try and see where I was but I had a terrible headache and did not manage to open my eyes fully. I squinted my eyes and felt something shift in my hand. I opened one eye and saw Draco, his hand laced in mine. He was sitting at the side of the bed I was laying in, looking at me worried.

"What's happening?" I spoke groggy.

"You fainted," Draco brushed his thumb over the back of my hand and suddenly it all came rushing back. Everything Narcissa had told me. All the lies, everything. I should have known.. There was so much my so-called mother couldn't tell me so how did I not figure it out?

"Did you know all of this?" I asked Draco, suddenly feeling anger blossom up inside my chest.

"Of course not, I had no idea she would bring this up now." he sighed and I believed him.

"How could she?" I asked and felt my lip tremble.

"I know.. I know," he tried to comfort me.

"I can't believe this is happening," I whispered before breaking down into tears. Draco looked at me with pain in his eyes and climbed beside me in the bed and took me in his arms, carefully placing my head against his chest and hushing in my ear, stroking my back.

"We're gonna be okay," he whispered as I cried into his chest.

A/N: DISCUSSION. NOW. LET ME KNOW.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 30.7K 55
"It's unnatural. I won't stand for my son tarnishing the family name for some filthy half-blood." I clenched my fists and turned away from him. After...
3.3K 16 40
Everybody is shocked when Olivia arrives at Hogwarts during the 5th year. No one seems to know anything about her, except Dumbledore. And many want t...
93.8K 3.6K 46
DISCONTINUED "Born as the first moon of the year falls, part of a pair doomed for betrayal, gifted with the blood of Slytherin born to the mother to...
175K 6.5K 47
~ Year four ~ Warning: This is the fourth book in a series!!! This also will journey through all of the books / movies so if you want a quick read...