GerUk/GerEng Collection

By KoolKat9696

A collection of one-shots and little stories surrounding the Hetalia ship GerUk (Germany x England). I've rec... More

It Started with a Game of Football
Killing Me Softly: GerEng Songfic
Chamomile Tea
A Box of Choclates
Thank You Everyone
Heartbreak and Ice-Cream
Nightmare
I Would Take it All Back
Letter From the Blitz
I Think I Want to Marry You
Bedtime Routine
What About Us
What About Us Part 2
Sick Day Part 1
Sick Day Part 2
Sick Day Part 3
When's the Wedding?
Late Night Chat
Wedding Letters: England
Wedding Letters: Germany
Wedding Bells
Wedding Bells Part 2
A/N
Wedding Bells Part 3
I Want to Hold Your Hand
Silent Night
I'm Sorry
Two Loners on Christmas
Two Loners at Christmas: Epilogue
A New Year's Eve to Remember
New Title Page!!!!
First Kiss
Please Hold my Hand
Affection... Ick
If Music be the Food of Love
Alfred the Match Maker
Unusual First Date
First Valentine's Day
Relax
Snowed In
Hidden Talent
The No Good, Very Bad Date
Frohe Ostern!
Unconventional Confession
Excuse
Happy Birthday England!
Bad Day
Rainy Day
Ludwig's Attempt at Seduction
A Rose by Any Other Name
That Damn Tree Root
Endless Cycle
It'll Be Okay
Oh Brother
"Are You Jealous"
I Could Get Use to This
Winding Down
Promposal Gone Wrong? Or Right?
Rest Love
The Secret to a Goodnight's Sleep
In the Dark of the Night
A Childish Englishman
It's Too Early for This
Lost and Found
This is Why Arthur isn't Allowed in the Kitchen
Helpless
All is Found
Third Time's a Charm
Not Always Puppy Love
What a Pen and Paper Can Do
Puppy Love
Let it Snow!
Afternoon Tea
The One Time Ludwig Didn't Have a Plan
The Power of Hand-Holding
For You, I'll Try
Buy Me Dinner First
A Very Self Indulgent GerEng Fic Because I'm Done Exams
Spring Cleaning
Unwavering Trust
More than Enemies
To the Future
Not so Secret Admirer
Things are Changing
Anything You Want
An Indulgent GerEng Sick Fic
I Always Preferred my Ladies in Suits
Annoucement

English Tea

82 3 12
By KoolKat9696

   It was actually a sunny day for once. Not that England hated the rain (he loved such weather), but considering his plans, today involved being outside, the nice weather was welcomed. He had spent most of the morning baking. Scones, Fairy cakes, sponge cakes. You name it, he was    baking it. He even made his own icing for certain desserts. He may have been unable to cook, but he sure as hell could bake.

     After finishing most of the sweets and having a small breakfast of tea and toast, England went out into the garden, watering and tending to the many plants. Usually, such tasks brought him joy, but on this particular day, he couldn't stop his hands from shaking or his mind from racing about everything else that needed prepping. He carefully ran his fingers over the red petals of his prized roses, taking in their soft texture. As he looked over the plant, his mind wandered to a familiar, flustered face with his bright blue eyes and stern frown. The thought of seeing that face that coming afternoon made his heart swell with both excitement and nervousness.

     Normally, England wouldn't be going to this extent for tea time. Even if he was having friends or family over, a cup of tea in the kitchen of his cottage on the outskirts of London was all he needed. But having Germany over was different, it was special. Sure the two were not super close, but since the 1960s which let them get to know each other, England had found himself with a small crush on the German. Okay...maybe it wasn't a small crush. His eyes always seem to wander to Germany at every meeting, they started going out drinking together, and even when Germany was nowhere near, he was constantly thinking of him. He hoped this afternoon tea could be the start of something new, so he had to make sure everything was perfect with just the right amount of romance thrown in.

---

     "England? Where are you?" an accented voice called from inside the house.

     England, who was arranging the silverware and cups for the hundredth time, was pulled out of his concentration. "I'm out back," He shouted back, pulling away from the table having just finished setting it.

     "Guten Tag," Germany greeted, a small smile spread on his face. That smile made England melt every time he saw it. It suited him so well and made his eyes shine even brighter.

     "Ahem...yes...good day. Please have a seat."

     After their greetings and the pouring of the tea, things became quiet. The only sounds that could be heard were the clinking of cups and the chirping of birds. Though he tried to be discreet, England kept stealing glances at his companion. He watched as Germany sipped his tea and looked around the garden. He quickly averted his gaze as Germany's eyes landed on him. "Your garden is beautiful."

     "Thank you." If England's cheeks weren't pink from almost getting caught, they were certainly bright red now from the compliment. Unfortunately, this sparked no conversation and they returned to silence and England returned to his glances. He noticed Germany kept looking over to the array of baked goods laid out, though he never made a move to take one. "Would you like one? Feel free to take whatever you like."

     "I-I'm fine."

     "Oh please, I won't be able to eat all this myself and I would hate for them to go to waste." He picked up one of the fairy cakes and handed it over to Germany. "Don't worry, I followed the recipe exactly."

     Hesitantly, Germany took the treat and took a small bite. The way his eyes lit up made England's heart flutter. "This is amazing," he exclaimed, then went back to eating.

     England couldn't help but beam. "I-I'm glad you like it."

     As Germany finished, England noticed that some frosting got smeared on the corner of his mouth. "You got some frosting on your face." He gestured to the spot, but no matter how many times he pointed to the corner of his mouth, Germany couldn't seem to find it. so, taking a napkin, he reached over and wiped off the frosting himself. As he leaned back he saw Germany's whole face go red, leading to his own blushing face. Trying to move past the little "moment", England picked up one of his scones (unburnt for once) and took a bite, refusing to look at the man across from him.

     By the time they finished their tea and cakes, England's embarrassment had mostly subsided and his confidence was slowly coming back. "So...I was thinking..." he began, "perhaps we could play a bit of croquet before you have to go."

     "Uh...w-w-well...I...I don't. I can't say I-I played before."

     "I'll teach you."

     Soon, the hoops were set up and England was handing Germany a mallet. England began to explain the rules and stance as he got into position to show Germany. "Now you try," England offered, "remember, just bend the knees slightly." He guided the German's hands into position and fixed his elbows until it was in almost perfect position. "You should be good now. Just hit the ball and we'll aim for just getting it through the hoop until you get the hang of it."

     Despite having the proper stance, Germany seemed unable to put the needed force behind it. England could tell he was getting frustrated by the knitting of his brows and the tightness of his jaw. Taking a place behind him, England placed his hands over Germany's, pulled the mallet back, and shot the ball through the hoop. "There we go," he mumbled, tickling Germany's neck in the process. As the two parted, their faces and necks were bright red. "I-I-I think that's enough for the day. Ahem...Care for a stroll?" Germany could only give a nod as a response.

     The walk started off quiet as neither dared to speak after the little "moment" they had just had. Every so often, their hands would brush sending England's heart into his throat.

     "I know I've already said this, but your garden is so beautiful. It's as if it came from a fairytale."

     England let out a strained laugh. "Th-thanks. I tried."

     "You're very talented. You can bake, garden, sing, draw. I'm a little jealous."

     "Oh please. You're hard-working, well organized. And if you think I'm good at baking, you are 10 times better. And not only that you are han-" before he finished his statement, he realized what he was about to say and slapped his hand over his mouth. He prayed that Germany hadn't noticed, but luck and God were not on his side.

     "England are you okay?" Germany asked, his voice laced with concern.

     "I-I-I-I'm f-fine. I just...haven't been complimented so much...and it's even more meaningful coming from you." When he looked back up at Germany, the man's face was completely red. "D-Don't take it the wrong way. You're just...just a really admirable person a-a-and-"

     "I-I get it. Forgive me."

      "It's fine."

     At this point, they had stopped in front of a willow tree that stood in the center of the garden. Another moment of silence and avoiding looking at each other. "C-Can I try something?" they eventually said, though at the same time. England let out a genuine laugh at the situation, making Germany's heart leap out of his chest.

     "You go first," England offered with a soft smile.

     "O-Okay." He reached out a shaky hand and took hold of England's. "Y-You can tell me to stop."

     First England's eyes go wide in shock, but it is quickly replaced by another chuckle. Germany was about to pull his hand away, but the Englishman grasped both hands in his before he could pull away. "I'm sorry for worrying you. But I was wanting to do something similar. I'm relieved, elated honestly, but I wasn't expecting it." He pulled Germany closer, debating whether he should go ahead and kiss him, but he was interrupted by the chiming of the church bells. He pulled away slightly, but refused to let go of Germany's hands. "W-Well...it's about time for dinner."

     "I'll take you out. Since you did so much for this afternoon...a-a-and..."

     "Say no more love." So the two headed back into the house to get ready for dinner (and their first date).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 39.4K 92
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
217K 8.4K 100
Book Two of the "Home" series. "Don't be scared, Tael. Things might look bad but they will get better. They always do." "But how can you know for sur...
18.1K 436 5
It's all in the tittle \(โ€ข_โ€ข)/ Making this for my favorite eddsworld ship and hopefully not fail ;) This ship needs lots of love and attention (-w-)