What Is Life? [Finished]

By ThaKid_Snapback

Being a kid from Baltimore, Maryland can be a struggle when your father is dead and your mother doesn't care... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 part 1
Chapter 12 part 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
I Got A Question!

Chapter 15

4.9K 184 30
By ThaKid_Snapback

******

Shawn

Shawn sat in the visiting room waiting. He had scheduled a visit with Andre Daniels. He wanted to figure out exactly what was going on.

Andre walked in and he looked at Shawn not recognizing him. He figured he was a cop or something. He sat down across from him.

"Hey, I'm Shawn Carter. I'm a lawyer." Shawn said.

"Oh okay, but what did you want to see me for?" He asked.

"Well right now I'm the guardian of your thirteen year old daughter Bria and her little brother." Shawn said.

"Guardian? What happened to Bianca?" He asked.

"Bianca was arrested for child endangerment." Shawn said.

Andre shook his head.

"How's Bria though?" He asked.

"She's fine but I don't know if you are aware or not but Bria thinks that you're dead." Shawn said. 

"What?"

"Yeah, when I met her she said you were dead and I'm not sure if she made that up because you're in jail or if Bianca told her that." Shawn said.

"It sounds like some shit Bianca would say." Andre said shaking his head. "You said she got arrested for child endangerment. What happened?"

Shawn tried to figure out the best way to put this.

"Well, I don't know how to say this." Shawn started because he got mad just thinking about it. "Bria was rapped by Bianca's boyfriend."

Andre just sat there for a moment trying to wrap his brain around what was just said to him.

"Is she okay?" He asked.

"Yes, she's fine. She's healthy and everything." Shawn said.

"Did they get him?" Andre asked biting his lip.

"Yeah." Shawn said.

Andre nodded and then sighed. He looked at Shawn.

"So how did you know Bria?" 

"I was her basketball coach for a little bit and my wife is her teacher." Shawn said.

Andre nodded. 

"I haven't seen that little girl since she was four." He said.

Shawn pulled out his phone and showed him a picture.

"Wow, she's beautiful." Andre said.

Shawn nodded.

"I don't know why Bianca would do some shit like that." He said. "So you and your wife are in the process of adopting my daughter." 

"Yeah." Shawn said nodding.

Andre nodded.

"I'm glad." He said. "Her mother, I should've known."

"You could've never predicted this outcome." Shawn said. "But my question is do you want to see her?"

"You'd bring her up here?" Andre asked.

"Yeah." Shawn said.

Andre smiled.

"Only if she wants to see me though." Andre said. "I don't want to force her."

"Fair enough." Shawn said and stood up.

They shook hands and Shawn was on his way.

"Aye, by the way. What was that guys name?" Andre asked.

"Brandon Parker." Shawn said.

Andre nodded and Shawn left out the building. 

********

Beyoncé

Beyoncé was packing up her things. She sat back down looking at two students who she asked to stay after class. 

"Sierra and Jada, come here." She said sitting down at her desk.

They walked over to Beyoncé's desk.

"Why were y'all screaming back and forth during my class today?" Beyoncé said.

"Because she got a big mouth." Sierra said rolling her eyes.

"How can I have a big mouth if the whole school already know?" Jada said.

"Listen here." Beyoncé said. "What y'all do outside of this school building has nothing to do with me but while you are in my class you will not yell or curse at each other. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes." They said.

"Good, see y'all tomorrow." Beyoncé said and they walked away from her desk.

While they walked out the classroom door Bri came in laughing. She looked at Beyoncé sitting.

"What's wrong?" Bri asked.

"Nothing." Beyoncé said standing.

Bri grabbed her bag and they walked out of the classroom. Bri stood by while Beyoncé locked her classroom up. There wasn't anyone really in the hall since school ended a half an hour ago. Bri did get a glimpse of one person though.

"What up Bri." She heard Michael say.

"Hey KD." She said. "What you still doing here?"

"Detention." He said. "I'll see you tomorrow though."

"Bye." Bri said staring at him as he walked.

Beyoncé started walking and noticed Bri hadn't moved. She looked at her and it looked like she was daydreaming.

"Bri!" Beyoncé said snapping her fingers.

"Huh?"

"You gonna move or?"

"Oh, yeah." Bri said walking up to Bey.

They finally walked out to the car and got in.

"Who got you crushing on them?" Beyoncé asked as she drove.

"What? I ain't crushing on nobody. I don't crush." Bri said looking out the window.

"Yeah, okay." Beyoncé said as she drove.

They arrived at to pick up Bryan and Beyoncé got out the car to get him. Bri was left in the car with the radio to wait. When she heard O.T Genesis's "In Love With The Coco" come on she turned the radio up to the max.

"I'm in love with the coco." She yelled. "I got it for the low low."

From the outside of the car Bri had the level so loud that the bass knocked and you could clearly hear all the words. You could see Bri dancing in her seat as the song played.

Beyoncé walked out the school holding Bryan's hand as they crossed the street.

"I got baking soda, I got baking soda." Beyoncé heard as she walked towards her car. 

She just looked and laughed at Bri dancing in the car.

"What is she doing?" Bryan asked.

"Being your sister." Beyoncé said. "Come on."

Beyoncé opened the back door for Bryan then went to the drivers side. Bri turned the music back down. Beyoncé looked over at her.

"Had fun?" She asked.

"Yeah." She said laughing.

Beyoncé drove to go drop Bryan off and then she went home with Bri.

*********

Shawn

After practice Shawn and Bryan arrived home. 

"Hey." Shawn said to Bryan. "Make sure you clean your face real good and don't tell Bey Bey what happened to your nose okay."

"Yeah." Bryan said going upstairs.

Shawn shook his head as he went towards the kitchen to get some water. He saw pots on the stove and looked in it. He saw greens and mashed potatoes and on the side was some baked chicken. He went in the fridge to get a water.

"Shawn!" Beyoncé yelled.

"Yeah?!" Shawn yelled going towards the foyer.

"Can you come up here!" She yelled.

Shawn grabbed his bag and jogged up the steps.

"Where you at?" He said.

"In here." Beyoncé said from the hall bathroom.

He walked towards the bathroom and saw Beyoncé examining Bryan's face. She looked up at Shawn.

"What happened to his face?" She asked.

Shawn looked at Bryan.

"I didn't tell her. She saw the blood on my shirt." Bryan said.

Shawn sighed.

"He just got hit in the face with the basketball." Shawn said. "He's okay."

"He's okay? Shawn he could've broke his nose." Beyoncé said.

"But he didn't." Shawn said then looked at Bryan. "You good right?"

Bryan nodded.

"See." Shawn said.

Beyoncé rolled her eyes.

"Bryan does it hurt?" She asked.

"No." He said. "Only when you touch it."

"See." Beyoncé said looking at Shawn.

"Okay, I'll get him some ice." Shawn said. "it's not broken though."

Beyoncé shook her head leaving the bathroom. She went towards Bria's room to wake her up. She rubbed her back to wake her up.

"Bria, wake up dinners ready." Beyoncé said.

"Okay, I'm coming." Bria mumbled.

Beyoncé left out the room and went towards her's. She knew Bria wouldn't be up for another fifteen, twenty minutes plus Shawn needed to shower.

Shawn came into the room and closed the door.

"So what happened with Bri's father?" Beyoncé asked walking behind Shawn.

Shawn was getting ready for the shower.

"Well, it went alright." He said turning on the shower and stripping out of his clothes.

Beyoncé sat on the toilet listening to him as he got in.

"I showed him a picture of her and told him who we are." He said through the shower.

"Did you tell him what happened to Bri?" Beyoncé asked.

"Yep."

"You gave him his name didn't you?" Beyoncé said.

Shawn poked his head out the shower.

"Damn right." He said smiling.

Beyoncé just shook her head. She knew what that outcome was going to be.

"I asked him if he wanted to see Bri." Shawn said. "And he does."

"When are we gonna talk to Bri?"

"After dinner." Shawn said.

Beyoncé nodded.

"Oh, I talked to Dr. Wright. We can't go to Florida anymore. I'll be too far along."

"Damn, uh," Shawn said. "Maybe we can take them to six flags and maybe go to Florida before they go back to school for the fall."

"Yeah, that may work." Beyoncé said.

After Shawn finished his shower Beyoncé went to get the kids.

**********

Beyoncé

"Bria, wake up!" She yelled.

"I'm up." Bria mumbled.

"Then why you still laying down?" Beyoncé asked.

Bria finally sat up and followed Beyoncé downstairs. Bryan was sitting at the table holding a ice pack to his nose.

"What happened to you?" Bria asked sitting down.

"A basketball." He said removing the ice pack.

"Do it hurt?" Bri asked reaching out to his nose about to flick it.

"Don't you dare." Beyoncé said.

Bri looked back at her smiling. Beyoncé made their plates and then Shawn came down. They all sat down  to eat.

"So exactly, how did you get hit with the ball?" Bri asked Bryan.

Bryan shook his shoulders.

"I just wasn't looking when I should have." He said. "I hope it don't happen again though. It hurt."

"Did you cry?" Bri asked.

"Not until I saw the blood." He said.

Bri shook her head and went back to eating.

"Well you guys," Beyoncé started. "I talked to my DOCTOR and she said I'll be too far along to go to Florida but I was thinking we can go to Six Flags instead."

"That's cool, at least we get to go somewhere." Bri said and Bryan nodded.

After dinner Beyoncé and Shawn wanted to talk to Bri alone. They called her into their room.

"Am I in trouble or something?" Bri asked.

"No, no it's nothing like that." Shawn said. "So I remember you telling us about your dad."

"Yeah." She said.

Shawn looked at Beyoncé.

"Well," Shawn started. "I did some digging in a few cases and I found out that your father is alive."

Bri just sat there trying to fully comprehend what Shawn had just said.

"Nah, my moms said he was dead." Bri said looking at Beyoncé and then Shawn.

"I checked Bri." Shawn said. "He's in jail."

Bri just sat there stuck. The fact that her mother was still causing her pain and she wasn't even physically in her presents anymore aggravated her.

Bri sighed.

"What now?" Bri asked.

"Do you want to see him?" Beyoncé asked.

Bri nodded.

"Okay, we can set that up." Shawn said.

Bri lifted her head. She wasn't crying but you can tell she was really hurt.

"Can you set it up to where I can see Bianca too?" Bri asked. "I wanna ask her some stuff in person."

"Yeah, I can do that." Shawn said.

Bri nodded. 

Bri really didn't want to see her mother but she had to find out what else she been lied to about.

Comment & Vote...Tell Me What You Thinking?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.1K 60
Beyoncé is a student at Syracuse university in New York. Mr. Carter? He's her English literature teacher. It can only work if they can keep a secret.
19K 1.1K 10
Beyoncé Is A Good Hardworking Woman That Provides For Her Family. She Has Been With Her Boyfriend Jay For A Longtime , Also Has Gained Three Kids Fro...
10.5K 353 27
The story of an interesting Carter kid, she was far from the spotlight for spending her life in New York. Her mom refused to let her live with her da...
Her. By Treasure

Short Story

31.5K 1.5K 16
She has a story that people often shy away from. They usually tell you about the other kind of her that usually doesn't want to be put in their situa...