Sharing Cigarettes

By oliviahoney1

It was Las Vegas. We were stupid, reckless, and in love. More

Disclaimer
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
Epilogue
The End & Thank You

35

14.4K 322 338
By oliviahoney1

The last chapter was a bit uneventful so here is my treat to you....enjoy:)

Alice Avery

"Are you absolutely positive you don't want to talk about it?" Theo asks me for what felt like the millionth time and I nodded my head. I made a pact with myself to not tell anyone about what had went on last night.

"You can stop asking now, I'm all good," I said calmly in hopes he'd believe me.

I decided to race again tonight, it helped me take my mind off all the dysfunctional bullshit. I wanted to forget about last night, what happened, how I acted. Theo and Ricky were just looking out for me and I took offence to it for some unknown reason, I scolded myself for it.

I walked back to my car after my chat with Theo to find Razzle leaned up against my car. I knew he had heard about Vince showing up last night, my personal life seems to flow through the grapevine.

"You ready to lose?" Razzle spoke in a cocky tone, he didn't race often but when he did he always went all out.

"I'm not letting some grandpa beat me."

"You're hilarious darling," he said sarcastically in a monotone voice. "May the best homosexual win."

I climbed back into my car and revved my engine, goosebumps appearing on my skin like it was a routine. Once the infamous checkered flag was dropped, Razzle and I took off in unison. As much as I loved the competition in racing, it was nice to just have some fun once in a blue moon. It didn't matter who won because in a sense we're both winning either way.

Razzle had sped in front of me and swerved side to side like a maniac. I switched gears and sped up faster, hitting his bumper with just enough force. Once I drove up beside him he rolled down his window.

"You're gonna pay for that!" He yelled and I threw my head back laughing.

I felt carefree and that was rare feeling. Street racing was my seconds of nothingness, reality shut off when I raced and that's what I loved about it.

We neared the finish line and Razzle and I were neck and neck. We zipped through the finish line together, resulting in a tie. I slammed on my breaks, my tires skidding across the road. We stepped out of our cars and met between them.

"Rock paper scissors?"

I let out a stupid laugh, Razzle and I would just end up splitting the money instead of some silly tie breaker.

I hung around for awhile, I wasn't a huge people person but given the situation it felt good to be around others. I couldn't be happier that Razzle didn't say anything to me about Vince, I'd eventually have a conversation with him about the topic but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

Theo soon found me, he's been hovering like a hawk ever since last night. Every time he saw me he'd just stare at my bruised eye, it made me feel overpowered and underestimated.

"You gonna head back home?" Theo asked me awkwardly.

"I don't know yet." I replied and shifted my attention away from him. My eyes scanned the crowd the swarmed the street, I stopped once I spotted a familiar face. "What the fuck is he doing here and why is he with Trent?"

Theo turned his head in the direction my eyes burned into, there stood Vince in all his glory talking to Trent over by the keg stands. "Shit," Theo murmured. I began walking towards them but he caught my arm. "Just go home Alice," he said demandingly.

"Why the hell would they be talking to each other? I'm not leaving until I find out what's going on." I tell him and start to make my way over but Theo takes hold of my arm again.

"Who cares about them? You said yourself this was all over and done with, don't torture yourself by talking to them."

Vince and Trent seemed close, like they've talked to each other before. It didn't look like they just met for the first time. I didn't trust either of them, after the things Vince told me last night, I've got some paranoia.

I wanted to avoid Theo becoming suspicious, I had to pretend that I didn't care, I had to pretend like I didn't get a death threat last night.

"I think I'm gonna go to Ricky's," I said with a convincing attitude.

He nodded, "I'll see you at home tonight?"

"I shouldn't be long," I said with a small smile, I was a damn good actress.

I got back into my car and drove off. I really did need to see Ricky, I needed to apologize for how cold I was towards him. I wouldn't tell him about last night, I wasn't finished with Vince and Colton in fact it was just the beginning and now Trent was being thrown into the mix.

When driving up to his place I thought about what I would say and I had no clue, seems to be an ongoing theme of mine. I hoped he wouldn't be upset with me, I've screwed up enough things in my life and he's the last thing I want to lose.

I then thought back to what Donna told me last night. She was right, I only get one life to live and I shouldn't be wasting it on people who don't mean a thing to me. Most importantly, I was tired of wasting time because I don't know how much I have left. I refused to waste another second without Ricky.

I soon stood outside his front door ready to knock until his door suddenly opened and he came walking into me.

"Hey," I said quickly in a nervous tone.

"Hi." His eyes were widened slightly, he was surprised I was here. "I was just about to come see you."

There was so much tension in the air, I didn't know what to say or even where to start.

He sucked in a breath and opened his mouth to speak, I cut him off by crashing my lips on his. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him as close as humanly possible. Ricky cupped my face with one hand while the other rested on my back, pushing me into him as we stumbled into his apartment. I kicked the door closed with my foot once we walked in, we pulled away and I attempted to control my heavy breathing.

"You have no idea how much I missed you," Ricky breathed out as our foreheads pressed together. I held his hands that rested on my cheeks.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I repeated over and over in a hushed whisper.

I stepped away form him and raked my fingers through my hair, my mind was still missing all the words I wanted to say. I took a deep breath and let myself ramble.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for how I tried you when you wanted to help me I just— I was in a messed up place and I took it out on you and I'm sorry."

He came towards me again and cupped my face once again. "I don't care if you take things out on me. I just want you to be happy, baby."

"I will be," I whispered with a weak smile.

He looked at me sympathetically but with a saddened look in his eyes, "what has he done to you?"

I wasn't ready to tell him and I was allowed to feel that way. I wasn't ready for the war that would occur once I revealed everything to Ricky.

"I can't tell you now, I can't tell anyone yet. I'm not ready." I told him and he nodded understandingly. I then looked down to the floor, "but I'm ready to be with— I'm ready to be with you, if you'll let me."

He stayed silent for awhile and I struggled to try and read him. I wasn't afraid of rejection, I told him how I felt after struggling with it for weeks. I want to have the chance to fall in love with him, before it's too late.

"I've got so much baggage, Alice. I don't want to carry that when I'm with you, its ruined me and the last thing I want is for it to ruin you too."

I took in his every word. I didn't know how to help, I didn't know if I could help. He couldn't see that I was ruined too, just like him.

"Do you wanna do something illegal?" I changed the subject completely and he looked to me with nothing but confusion.

I took Ricky's hand in mine and we walked out of his apartment. I was slowly starting believe that I was clinically insane, normal people don't come up with such wicked ideas. Putting my car into drive, Ricky and I set off to the back roads.

"Where the hell are we going?"Ricky questioned me and I just kept my focus on the road ahead of me.

"Crazy," I answered. "We're going crazy."

The radio played an old 30s song and I hummed along to the melody as we drove up the familiar road. I soon stopped the car at the top of the gravel driveway, I heard Ricky let out a small sigh as we looked up to his abandoned childhood home.

"What are we doing here?" He asked, I turned and looked him dead in the eye.

"You wanna commit arson?"

A/N

So very excited wow.

Burn baby, burn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

453 14 12
"I need to hate you," I voice. A cloud of smoke escapes my lips from the cold. His brows and eyes harden on mine as he looks at my red cheeks and shi...
407 29 17
"ᴡʜʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʜᴇʀᴇ?" ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ ꜰʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ. "ꜱɪᴍᴘʟᴇ," ɴɪᴄᴋ ꜱᴀᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀꜱ ᴏᴜᴛꜱɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏxɪɴɢ ʀɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛ...
39 0 25
Falling in love with someone who does the exact opposite of everything you thought was right.