Ethan's POV (Bonus Book)

By miadaley17

Warning: This book is an alternative view of my book ITAAS. It can NOT be read as a stand alone unless you do... More

Welcome
Chapter Three- Ethan's POV
Chapter four/five- Ethan's POV
Chapter Five - Ethan's POV (part 1)
Chapter Five -Ethan's POV (part 2)
Chapter Six - Ethan's POV
Chapter Eight - Ethan's POV
Chapter Nine - Ethan's POV
Chapter Ten - Ethan's POV
Chapter Eleven - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twelve - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Fourteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Fifteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Sixteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Seventeen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Eighteen - Ethan's POV
Chapter Nineteen- Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-One - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Two - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Three - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Four - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Five - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Six - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Ethan's POV
Chapter Twenty-nine - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirty-two - Ethan's POV
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-two/Fifty-three
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59, 60 and 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter Seven - Ethan's POV

39.7K 1.7K 3.3K
By miadaley17

I'm going to hell.

I know, I've said this many times before, but this time I genuinely believe I might be going. Why had I come to this conclusion? Well, it was simple. I was about to do something terrible to Mia.

 Funny, yes, but still terrible.

I was in math class along with thirty over students, but I was in no way paying attention to whatever Mrs what's-her-face was teaching us. Instead, I had my phone out underneath the table and was lingering over the call button of a particular contact - Mia's contact. 

She wasn't saved as her real name, of course - she was saved as Chubs alongside a little kissy face and a heart. I wasn't too worried about her seeing the hearts and such, figuring she would probably assume it was a poor attempt at me trying to be poke fun. 

After many years of knowing her, I realized I could get away with a lot since she was so stuck on the idea that I hated her.

Anyway, back to the point, I had my phone out because I was prepping myself to call her, but for some reason, I couldn't rack up the nerve to do it. The reason for such was simple, guilt.

 I mean, what if she got in trouble? Or if the teacher confiscated her phone? 

My pranks were only supposed to mildly annoy her, I didn't want her to get her into any real trouble. 

Actually, you know what, it was fine. If the teacher went pyscho on her, I would simply stand up and admit it was my fault.

Before pressing call, I pulled my head up and glanced at her from across the room. The corner of my lip tugged up as I found her frantically scribbling away in her notebook with her eyes practically glued to the board. And, for whatever reason, I found it incredibly cute. 

I'm not sure if it was because I liked how she bit her lips as she worked or how her hand would always play absentmindedly with a loose piece of hair. Or, maybe it was simply because it was her. But whatever it was, it seemed to always have me enraptured. 

Math was one of the few classes I had with her, and as you can imagine, it was one of the few classes I struggled to not let my eyes wander off the board and onto someone else.

Slowly, her rapid writing was brought to a close, and the next minute her head was surveying the room before landing on me.

Shit.

Almost breaking my neck in the process, I jerked my gaze down to my lap before she could catch me.

Feeling the heat of her glare on the side of my face made me have to fight back a smile. As weird as it sounds, I liked when she glared at me. It made me feel special like I meant something to her. Not in a positive way, of course, but still that I meant something. 

When you can't be someone's boyfriend or even their friend, you're only left with two options: enemy or nobody. And the thought of her barely even knowing my name felt way too painful to stomach.

Soon enough, her gaze drifted away and took my excitement with it. What? So, all I'm worthy of is a three-second glare?

Now more determined than ever to gain her attention, I switched my phone screen back on and barely even hesitated before slamming my finger onto the call button.

Then like the piece of shit I was, I angled myself to Mia, leaned back in my chair, and waited for the show to start.

At once, loud music suddenly blasted out through the air and made everyone in the classroom jump.

All you ladies pop yo' pussy like this.

I bit down hard on my bottom lip to contain in my laughter. Unsurprisingly, every head in the room swerved towards Mia, and she completely froze. All color drained from her face, and her complexion turned chillingly white.

Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss

This lyric seemed to break her free from her paralyzed state, and she hurdled herself towards her bag. And, I truly mean hurdled – the girl quite literally threw herself to the ground on her hands and knees. I watched in shock as she scrambled to open her backpack as though her life depended on it. I wasn't sure whether to laugh, cry or die as she started flinging out books in a desperate attempt to get to her phone.

 And at that precise moment, it made so much sense why she persisted in telling me she hated me. Like, I truly got it.

Lick my pussy and my crack

At this point, I could feel my shoulder start to shake, and I was chomping so hard down on my bottom lip that I fear I was drawing blood. I knew I was being shitty for finding humor in this, but it was so fucking funny.

Finally, Mia managed to gain possession of her phone, and she hastily brought the music to a stop. Absolute silenced shrouded the room, the only detectable sound the regular ticking of the clock. 

Then slowly, with a horror movie-type slowness, Mia gradually peeked her head out from underneath the desk, in which she was hiding behind. Those big eyes of hers widened and looked in horror at the many probing eyes around the room.

 A single snicker sounded out from the back of the room, and then all at once the class broke out into a chorus of laughter.

Mia's cheeks went bright scarlet, but never the less she still rose to her feet and awkwardly returned to her seat. 

As everyone laughed all around us, my face remained completely solemn as I carefully observed her reaction. Out of paranoia, I always liked to check that my prank hadn't genuinely upset her.

 The thought of making her cry; made me sick. Anger, irritation, and embarrassment I could bear the burden of inflicting, but just not sadness. 

I had never seen her cry, and that's exactly the way I wanted it to stay.

Satisfied that the only emotions she seemed to be harboring were confusion and embarrassment, I let myself relax a little. 

Excitement bubbled up inside me in anticipation for her to figure out it was me. I bet I'd get longer than a three-second glare this time; that's for sure.

A second later, she stilled before sharply swerving her head in my direction. The moment her angry gaze set on mine, an enormous grin stretched over my face against my will. An expression like the one she was giving me was the best present an attention whore like myself could ever receive.

Now all I had left to do was to tell the teacher what I did, so I can bail her out of trouble.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of someone clearing their throat. I looked over to the board to find Mrs. Willis staring at Mia with a teasing spark to her eyes.

 "Mia, you might want to put your phone on silent next time," she chuckled.

Huh, or maybe I don't need to confess to anything...

Soon enough, everybody's laughter started to die down, and Mrs. Wills proceeded on with her lesson.

The moment our math teacher had her back turned, I followed my gaze over to Mia. She made direct eye contact with me before shoving her middle finger up in the air which only resulted in making me laugh. Then to punctuate my arsehole-ness, I blew her a kiss.

------------------------

With an excited little grin on my face, I leaned my body lazily against the bonnet of my car. It was Thursday afternoon, and that meant one thing: An entire afternoon at my house, all alone with Mia.

 Okay, fine, my little brother was going to be there, but I had prepped for that. 

When my mother's assistant came home to drop him off, I was going to bribe her into taking him to the park for a couple of hours.

Everything was sorted, nothing was going to get in the way of my plan. 

A buzz was created against my thigh, and I furrowed my brows before pulling out my phone. The moment I saw the message notification, I nearly sprained something with the effort I put in rolling my eyes.

Lucas: Remember to dust off your condoms; you might need them today 😉

I let out a heavy sigh before hitting him back with a reply that perfectly captured my feelings.

Me: ....

Lucas, always swift in his replies, sent me a message a second later.

Lucas: I'm telling you man, one of these days the tension is going to become too much for her, and she's going to hate fuck you. It's science.

I blinked, then blinked again as I read over the stupidity that was his text message. Before I got a chance to reply, another message pinged up from him.

Lucas: Anyway, do you mind if I hang out at yours?

As his reply came in, I practically wanted to cry. I had told Lucas multiple times that he couldn't come to my house today, but for some reason, the words pinged right back through his thickhead. Frustrated, I typed back my reply.

Me: Yes, I definitely mind. Do NOT come to my house, Lucas!

Lucas: 🙃

Lucas: 🙃

Lucas: 🙃

I stared at my screen for a solid five seconds as I tried to make sense of what the fuck he was on about.

 Officially fed up with him, I shook my head before shoving my phone back into my pocket.

Then relaxing back against my car, I waited some more. I got momentarily excited at every last person who rounded the corner of the parking lot, but none of them were her. 

God, what's taking her so long, where is s-

At that very second, Mia came into view causing my heart to do its normal shit of cartwheeling in excitement. She strode along with a happy, and content kind of smile on her face with her eyes firmly set on the exit. 

Why the fuck was she looking at the exit? She should be looking for me. 

Hold on a second, was she trying to ditch me...

She threw a leisurely glance in my direction, and the second she did, her smile fell right off of her face, and she froze. Hurt scorched my chest. 

She was totally trying to skip out on our date. Did she know how much I was looking forward to this shit?

For an unnerving time, the two of us maintained a fierce eye lock. I didn't move, and she didn't move.

The like that, she took off.

Mia Collins, my crush of a whopping six years, ran away from me at the mere thought of spending time with me.

It took me a second or so to fully process it, and I watched with my mouth slightly parted in shock. Abruptly I shut it, and my eyes narrowed in on my target, barrelling to the exit.

Think she can stand me up, does she? Well, we'll see about that.

 Without another thought, I pushed myself off my car and ran after her. My crush on her was pathetic and desperate at the best of times, but now as I quite literally chased after her, I knew I had entered a new level of low.

Since I was chasing Mia, it naturally took me a couple of gentle strides to catch up with her. As I got mere inches away from her, she threw a nervous look over her shoulder, but it was too late.

 I slid both my arms around her waist, causing her to let out a scream as I pulled her back to my chest. She struggled in my grasp for a handful of seconds, but I kept my grip firm. I was getting my four hours of quality time alone with her, even if I had to fight for it.

 After a worryingly short period, she gave up and relaxed back against me. Letting out a heavy sigh, I loosened my grip around her waist and swiftly snatched her wrist before she could even think about running away from me again.

 Suddenly, I had so much sympathy for those parents at the mall whose toddlers randomly decide to run away from them.

With a stubborn scowl on my face, I turned back to face my car and hauled her after me. I was aware of the questioning eyes of all the nosy assholes around me.

 Like, what? Is it suddenly a crime to run after a girl you like, grab her and then start pulling her over to your car?

Oh, wait, shit, hold on a second...

Deciding not to dwell too long on the fact that I was a kidnapper, I grabbed my car keys and clicked my car doors open.

Mia, completely given up now, willingly climbing into the passenger seat, and I followed in after her.

As the two of us buckled ourselves in, a little excited smirk kept fighting its way through to my lips as I spared her the odd glance. She was lazily scanning over the interior of my car, and I was praying to God she was impressed.

 She better, considering I spent so much time this morning angrily vacuuming all the shitting cookie crumbs Lucas had left in the passenger seat.

As I started up the car, she glanced my way with an eyebrow raised. "Wow, it's nice to finally make it to your car. I was beginning to think I'd never get the pleasure," she spat in a sarcastic drawl.

 I froze, knowing she was talking about the horrifying incident where I had left her stranded in the parking lot.

I regained my composure easy enough and let out a snort. "Oh, yeah, I had almost forgotten about that. That was hilarious!" I said as I let out a wide grin stretch over my face.

Mia didn't look nearly as amused and gave me a flat look. "You're such a dick."

I let my mouth loosely tug up in amusement. "Now, now, Chubs, let's play nice. You don't have to call me names if you want to flirt with me, you know."

It took everything in me not to snort at the hypocrisy of that statement. I practically made a living out of flirting by calling her names.

"Trust me, I'm not flirting with you," she scoffed, her eyes brimmed with disgust. Her words, as usual, stung like a bitch, but I didn't let my smile falter.

Her eyes narrowed suddenly. "Also, why do you insist on calling me Chubs? It's incredibly annoying."

My smile tugged up further. I had many reasons for calling her Chubs. One because she was cute, two because it reminded me of our first verbal conversation with each other, and three because in this delusional head of mine, giving her a pet name made me feel like I was her boyfriend. 

Not being able to help myself, I leaned closer to her. "Duh, because you have a chubby little face like a twelve-year-old," I cooed in a baby voice as I reached across the gear stick to squeeze her cheeks.

She swiftly slapped my wrist.

I bit back a laugh. "Ouch. Don't slap the driver, can't you see I'm trying to drive," I said, shaking my head at her in fake disappointment.

She looked me up and down. "I can and I will if he's being a little prick," she gritted out.

With a quiet breath of laughter, I turned my attention back to the road, and in no time at all, I was pulling my car into my driveway. I climbed out of the car, and she lazily followed after me. As we walked, I carefully observed her reaction to the outside of my house, again wanting to see if she was impressed. Her eyes widened a little as they fell upon the waterfall, but otherwise, her expression remained guarded.

Once we got to the front doors, I couldn't resist a sly comment. "This is the way normal people like to enter houses, in case you were wondering. Not through the window funnily enough," I teased as I threw her a knowing look.

 She was way too optimistic if she thought I was ever going to let that go. I was going to be telling the tale of how she broke into my room until the day I died.

Mia rolled my eyes, likely too lazy to come up with anything snarky to say.

"Is anyone home?" she asked as I led her into the foyer. It took everything in me not to throw in a dirty joke implying that she wanted me alone.

I pretended to look nonchalant and shrugged. "Nah, the door was locked, so I don't think my little brother is home yet," I explained simply as I strolled over to the living room. She followed unenthusiastically along behind me before I plopped myself down on the sofa.

Come on, Mia, please sit next to me. Please sit next to me. Please sit next to me. 

Or better yet, please sit on my lap and make out with me!

 Lingering awkwardly by the armrest, her eyebrows pulled together. "Is he sometimes home alone?" She asked with worry in her tone.

 Remembering she was talking about my brother, I withdrew from my horny state, and my gaze hardened. 

Did she seriously think I would leave him alone? I know I had given her little reason to think much of me, but still, did she think that low of me.

"No, of course not, my mum's assistant picks him up from school and stays with him until I come home. I would never leave him alone," I explained rapidly, my tone coming out slightly harsher than I intended it to be.

An expression of shock mixed with guilt passed through her brown eyes, and I felt a little bit stupid for snapping. It was, after all, my own fault she thought such bad things about me.

She spared me an awkward glance and then sat softly down on the sofa across from me. 

Typical, she didn't even want to sit next to me...

Shaking off my annoyance, I leaned back and let a slow smirk spread over my lip. I eyed her up and down in mischief. "Are you ready to be tortured, Mia?" 

---------------------------------

Author's note: 

That's chapter seven done, hope you enjoyed. The next chapter is the  massage scene lmao and I'm going to make sure Ethan shares eveerrrything he's thinking. 

Again, I'm super busy but I'm hoping to share a new chapter as soon as I can. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
42.1K 2.1K 48
His heart was the key to his love. His heart was a wonderful broken place. His heart was mine and my heart was his. The problem was how long were we...
99K 4.2K 20
I limped towards the kitchen after sending him an email, that I'm on leave today. I couldn't even able to walk properly as I was feeling sore down th...
1.8K 80 17
"Come here Em" he looked at me with his eyes becoming dark. He watched as I hesitated at first before moving over towards him, the sound of my heels...