The Prince's Soulmate | βœ”

By XclusivelyA

*Book 1 in the Soulmates Series* πŸŽ–Featured Reading Lists: β€’@Wattpad's Editor's Pick & Spring Cleaning β€’@Teen... More

Author's Note
About the Kingdom of Crysauralia
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 Pt. 1
Chapter 12 Pt. 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 Pt. 1
Chapter 20 Pt. 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 Pt. 1
Chapter 25 Pt. 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 Pt. 1
Chapter 39 Pt. 2
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62 Pt. 1
Chapter 62 Pt. 2
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Author's Note
Q&A
Special Announcement
EXTRA SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 83

41.8K 1.8K 662
By XclusivelyA

Chapter 83 is dedicated to LotusTulsa

Thank you for your support ❤
-----------------------------------------------------------

Elizabeth's POV

I looked up from my phone at the same time that Melissa looked up from hers. We were both looking at Callie, who was humming to herself as she painted her nails.

“Okay, I know you said you’re fine, but I think there’s something you’re not telling us,” Melissa voiced. “And that’s fine. You don’t have to tell us everything… But I don’t want you to pretend to be okay when you’re really not.”

“I am fine,” Callie insisted. She raised her nails proudly. “Look, I’m getting better at nail art.”

“That’s pretty, Cals, but you know that’s not what I’m talking about.”

Callie waved her off and reached for my hands. “I’ll do your nails next.”

“I don’t wear nail polish,” I said as she inspected my chewed down cuticles.

“You don’t wear it because you don’t want to stop chewing on your nails,” she huffed. “I’ll paint them for you, so relax your hand. This way, you’ll stop biting them.”

I sighed and let her do her thing. She picked out a soft shade of lavender and then got to work with filing and painting my nails. Occasionally, she glanced at her phone with a sad expression.

“Are you still thinking about the audition?” I asked hesitantly.

“Nope.”

“You missed two days of school, so I took notes for you in English and Literature. Remind me to leave them with you before we go.”

She grimaced. “I paint your nails and you reward me with homework?”

“I’m the best, aren’t I?” I grinned. “How did you enjoy your two day vacation?”

Her smile faltered for a moment and that caught Melissa’s eye.

“I didn’t do much,” she shrugged.

“Oh?”

“I visited Dem at work.”

“Oh.”

There was a long pause of silence, so I settled on a “That’s nice.”

Callie smiled. “You girls really don’t like him, do you?”

Melissa and I glanced at each other and then gave her a sheepish smile.

“It doesn’t matter. We’re not the ones dating him.”

“He’s a bit rough around the edges, but I know that deep down he’s a nice guy,” Callie continued.

“How deep down?” Melissa murmured, sitting beside us.

“He’s kind of like a mine,” Callie mused. “Rocky on the outside, but full of beauty inside. I just have to find the treasure.”

“You’re not a miner, Cals. He should put in some work too,” I sighed.

“I know, but we just started dating. After three years, I finally got him to see me as a woman. And I’m an adult now. I can manage a relationship better this time. Demetri’s nothing like him.”

Melissa toyed around with a bottle of polish as we thought about that. Callie told me to relax my hand with a light smack.

“Mel… did Trey ever kiss anyone else?”

“You mean while we’re dating?”

“Yeah.”

“That boy would have lost his damn mind.” Melissa raised an eyebrow.

“But what if he had a good reason?”

“You know I don’t condone cheating. We would be finished immediately. I’m not making the same mistake my dad did. He kept turning a blind eye when my mom cheated and in the end she still walked away from their marriage, just like that,” she said with a snap of her fingers.

“But what if he had a good reason?”

Melissa paused. “Did something happen?”

Callie sighed and got started on my other hand. “Dem kissed someone else.”

I forgot how to breathe for a second.

“Relax your hand, Liz,” she muttered.

“Did he really do something like that?” I asked, shocked.

I thought back to the time at Kevin’s beach house when he’d tried to kiss me. I didn’t imagine that he would try to do something like that again.

“That piece of...” Melissa hissed. “What was his excuse this time?”

“I don’t know his reason,” Callie's voice was clipped. “He said he’ll explain everything, so I’ll trust him.”

“Cals…”

Callie sighed again and stared at me crossly. I relaxed my hand.

“I really like him,” she continued. “He’s all I want. He saved me that day.”

“You don’t owe him your happiness, though,” Melissa explained. “You shouldn’t keep letting him off like this. It will only make you more unhappy.”

“I am not unhappy,” she pouted.

We stared at her.

“Okay, so there’s a bit of housekeeping to do, but I’ll make it work.”

Melissa pursed her lips and Callie narrowed her eyes. “What? Do you think I should break up with him?”

“Let’s just say, I wouldn’t be opposed to that decision.”

“But he likes me back! That’s all that matters.”

“I didn’t say that he didn’t like y-”

“No, but that’s what you’re thinking,” she snapped. “Because I’m plain unlikeable, right?”

“She didn’t mean it like that, Cals,” I interceded.

“You’re not unlikeable, Callie,” Melissa sighed. “Sorry, but that’s not what I was trying to say. I think you like him way more than he likes you and it’s not healthy.”

“He just needs some more time,” she protested. “We haven’t been dating for long.”

“Baby girl, how much more time does he need?” Melissa asked angrily. “I’m tired of his constant bullsh*t.”

“Are you?” Callie seethed. “Because it seems to me you’ve never liked him. You haven’t given him a proper chance.”

“I just don’t have a good feeling about him,” she admitted. “I feel like he has some ulterior motive.”

“Wow,” Callie scoffed, rolling her eyes. “Of course you’d think that.”

“Think about it. We barely even know anything about him. Where did he even come from?” she pointed out.

“Stop acting like a P.I, Melissa! Not everyone needs to be investigated.”

“I’m just trying to look out for you! You deserve better. Right now there’s fire in your heart and smoke in your eyes. Your judgement’s cloudy.”

“I can’t handle all this negative energy,” Callie huffed.

I sighed. “I agree with Mel. You do deserve better.”

She was about respond, but suddenly looked nauseous.

“Are you sick?” I asked, going around to her.

“No, I just feel a little dizzy. I haven’t eaten anything since yesterday.”

“I’ll go grab something for you downstairs,” I offered, but she shook her head.

“I’m going on a diet.”

“Again?” I asked worriedly.

Callie had dieted before in the past and she was finally comfortable with the results. She was healthy right now. There was no need to diet again.

She nodded. “Demetri might like it. That woman was older than me. She was probably the same age as Demetri. The five year difference means nothing to me. I want him to see me as an adult too.”

“Demetri can bite me,” Melissa snapped. “Don’t compromise your health for him, Callie. If anything, you could use a few more pounds. Don’t starve yourself.”

She buried her face in her arms. “But I don’t know what else to do. I want him to like me more.”

“You’re perfect the way you are,” I told her. “Healthy is perfect, no matter the size. Be confident in yourself.”

“Maybe I should… break up with him,” she sobbed after a long while of silence.

“Think about it carefully,” Melissa advised, rubbing her back. “Think about what you want. I can’t stand him, but if you think it can work…”

“No,” she sniffed. “You’re right, I’ll do it. I’ll be confident in myself.”

She grabbed her phone and a message alert came in at the same time. She looked up at us.

“It’s Demetri. He wants to meet up to explain things. I should go,” she said, wiping her tears. “I’ll go and end things.”

We gave her a hug and she went to get dressed.

Melissa sighed. “I hope this makes her happy.”

“Me too, Mel. Me too.”
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey lovelies! Thanks for reading!

Tensions are running high when Callie got mad at Melissa's refusal to accept Demetri.

Do you think the girls were right to interfere, or should Callie make that decision on her own?

It looks like Callie and Demetri might be coming to an end. Will she go through with it?

Leave a comment and a vote❤
See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 70.1K 69
"What do you even need me for?" She asked , speaking into the darkness where she thought he was. "I do not need you." He answered her darkly. Even th...
570K 20.6K 49
The story of a werewolf king and a hybrid vampire. β€’ KING β€’ || a supreme ruler, sovereign over a nation or a territory, of higher rank than any othe...
19.7K 371 51
"I think Mr.knights has anger issues." Just as those words slipped out from my mouth Mr.knights turned and in the blink of an eye, I was slammed aga...
806 87 28
Caeryssa's quest for relaxation spirals into chaos, entwining her destiny with the infuriating playboy prince whose smile conceals a dark vendetta th...