You, Again | jhs

By jinandhobi

- a Jung Hoseok fanfiction - in which a girl who is secretly a webtoon artist starts meeting the real life ve... More

Before You Start
Characters Guide
Prologue
1. Seokho
2. Brotherhood
3. Wild Dreams
4. Crown Prince Lee Shin
5. His Lotus Flower
6. Best Friend Duties
7. Silver
8. Rich Vampires
9. New Neighbour
10. The Sun's Heir
11. My Comfort Is You
12. Aladdin
13. Alleyway Fights
14. Red String of Fate
15. Smartass Sidekick
16. Uncanny Meetings
17. Losing You
18. The Truth Untold Pt. 1
19. The Truth Untold Pt. 2
20. The Truth Untold Pt. 3
21. Heart-Shaped Churros
22. Mirrors
23. An Indescribable Sorrow
24. Deja Vu
25. Sweeter than Sweet
26. The Phone Call
28. Her Vampire Lover
29. Loyalty
Epilogue
a/n
Bonus Chapter

27. The Main Culprit

164 32 9
By jinandhobi

• 第二十七章 •

-

Skidding his motorbike into an abrupt stop, Jungkook removed his helmet before chasing after Jimin who was already running into the hotel lobby. He ran his fingers through his dark luscious hair as he stopped next to Jimin who was asking for directions at the counter, not noticing how the human girl was too stunned by their good looks to react normally.

Annoyed, Jimin snapped his fingers. "Hello?! This is an emergency!"

"R-right!" The girl stammered nervously as she was brought back to reality. "The jewellery show is strictly for invited guests only, so I'm sorry to say that—"

She was cut off when Jimin grabbed her chin gently to tilt her head slightly. Jungkook scoffed at how Jimin was using his charms to manipulate the innocent girl.

"The f-function is on the fourth floor." She hiccuped when Jimin pecked her cheek.

"Thank you, sweetie."

Sending her a wink (which made her legs go limp), Jimin signalled for Jungkook to trail after him towards the elevators. The rest of their group stumbled into the lobby then, and they quickly made their way towards the youngest two after peeking at the dazed girl at the counter.

"You compelled her?!" Seokjin whacked Jimin's back.

"I swear I didn't! It's not my fault that human girls grow weak at the sight of me." Jimin wiggled his eyebrows, earning more smacks from his friends as they entered the elevator.

Taehyung was on the stage explaining about the latest designs his company had came out with to his guests when one of the doors got pushed open. His eyes went wide for a fleeting moment as the group sauntered into the hall discreetly.

Just around ten minutes ago, he was informed by his secretary that he couldn't get a hold of the group. So why were they here now?

"— and I'll be handling the rest of the presentation to my designers to explain more in detail." Taehyung spoke into the microphone suddenly, baffling the few designers who worked directly under him as this wasn't supposed to happen.

As his workers tried not to panic while going up the stage to take over his presentation, Taehyung was already on the way towards the group hiding way behind the hall in the shadows. He was perplexed to see the group looking just as confused as he was when he reached them.

"Is Hana fine?" That was the first thing Taehyung had asked.

"Hana? She's in our house with Namjoon. What about you? You seem... unhurt." Hoseok trailed off his sentence, and that was when he and his friends realized that they were played. "Shit! This is a distraction!"

"What the hell is going on?" Taehyung whisper-yelled as they watched Hoseok dash out of the hall.

"He got a phone call claiming that you're in danger, so we rushed here without thinking." Yoongi explained before running after his friends. "Call us later when you're done with the event!"

"Wait!" Taehyung hollered, but the vampires were already out of the hall with their super speed.

Furrowing his eyebrows slightly, he slumped his shoulders and rotated his neck to ease the muscle sore from the stress he had been receiving. His eyes searched for his secretary, and a small smirk grew on his face when he saw him panicking while trying to conduct the event smoothly.

Taehyung was about to walk back to the front when a damp cloth slammed over his mouth from the back. Obviously shocked, he thrashed around and even resorted in elbowing the culprit's abdomen who was trying to drug him with chloroform, but his actions were proven to be of no use.

Vision becoming blurry with his head spinning around, his consciousness ultimately decided to slip out of his mind as he collapsed into the culprit's hold. The last thought in his mind was to hope that his secretary would be smart enough to know what happened and send help by then.

-

"Hana! Wake up!"

Drifting out of her unconsciousness, Hana let out a wince when a strong headache pounded inside her head. She blinked, but all she could see was nothing else but darkness around her.

"Hana? Are you awake?"

Namjoon.

"Yes, how are you? Are you hurt anywhere?" Hana asked worriedly. "Are you blindfolded and tied up too?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Those assholes drugged us and I woke up a few minutes before they left the room they kept us in." Namjoon spoke with agitation.

Hana scrunched her nose when a pungent scent hit her. "Eww. It smells as if someone has stocked up their used socks in this room."

"It does." Namjoon chuckled lightly. "But we can joke about that later. Do you remember how to untie the knot which we learned in scout during elementary school?"

"I think so? I'll give it a try." Hana grumbled as she tried to recall the way to untie the knot tied around her wrists. "It's a dead knot, Joon!"

"No it isn't—"

Namjoon's words were cut off abruptly with the door slamming open roughly. Hana took note on the windy breeze coming from the outside, and she frowned when she realized something important.

The wind was sticky and salty. It only meant that they were somewhere near the beach.

"Well well. Looks like our princess is finally up!" An unknown voice taunted.

Hana froze when she felt the tip of a gun placed below her chin.

"What does Taehyung see in you anyway? You look... way too average." The man continued to mock, his tongue clicking as he removed the blindfold around Hana.

Squinting her eyes to adjust to the brightness, Hana blinked a few times before glaring at the middle-aged man smiling creepily at her. She turned towards where Namjoon was, and found her genius friend pretending to be knocked off still.

"Why are you even against him?" Hana spat angrily.

"Oh girly. There are lots of things which you don't see above the surface in the world of business." The man retreated his gun as he spoke, much to Hana's relief. "What made him think that he has the rights to become the CEO just because he is the direct heir?! It's unfair for people like me!"

Hana shot him a questioning look. "Who are you even?"

"I'm his uncle, girly." He grinned maliciously. "I've never seen Taehyung so worked up over someone, moreover a girl. I knew that using you to get him would be the perfect plan."

A scoff left Hana. "Dude, you actually think kidnapping an acquaintance he barely knows just to blackmail him is the perfect plan? This just proves how much of a loser you are."

"SHUT UP!" Taehyung's uncle roared suddenly, and Hana flinched when the gun was directed onto her temple this time. "I will not tolerate any disrespectful behaviour as such from a girl like you! Do you understand me?"

Not wanting to trigger him further, Hana nodded her head obediently. Their eyes snapped towards the entrance when two men appeared standing at the doorway with an unconscious Taehyung carried like a potato sack.

"Boss. Where do we put him?"

"I don't care! Just throw him wherever you want!" Taehyung's uncle was eyeing his own nephew as if he was a disgrace in the family.

Growing angry at how he was treating Taehyung, Hana locked her jaw and gritted her teeth with her eyes narrowing at his choice of actions. If it weren't for the ropes holding her back, she would already be on her way to kick Taehyung's uncle's desperate ass.

Her frustration only increased when he stomped his shoe soles onto Taehyung's abdomen roughly.

"Stop torturing him!" Hana shouted, unable to turn a blind eye anymore.

Taehyung's uncle looked up from his nephew, a crazy grin etching on his wrinkled face as he averted his gaze back on Hana who was evidently fuming. To piss her off even further, he kicked Taehyung a few more times on purpose, satisfied cackles of his echoing in the small house.

"What. Are. You. Going. To. Even. Do?" He taunted while shoving his foot onto his own nephew mercilessly as he spoke word by word.

"Leave him alone. I'm warning you." Hana seethed.

Taehyung's uncle rolled his eyes. "You speak as if you're going to be the heroine of the day. Pathetic."

Namjoon who had been listening to the whole situation had actually loosened his wrists around the ropes while still pretending to be unconscious. He thought hard on the role Taehyung's uncle would play in the history, and he stiffened himself when an idea flashed across his mind.

If whatever was happening right now was a repeating occurence of the past, they shouldn't rule out that there might be a chance for Taehyung's uncle to be the one who was the main culprit behind the killing of King Lee Hyeon's father.

If that was the case, they were seriously stuck in a great trouble.

A loud tumbling sound snapped him back to the reality, his ears perking up at the groan which was coming from Hana's direction.

"You should learn to keep your mouth shut girly. There aren't any prince charmings to save you the damsel in distress."

Namjoon waited patiently until the door was slammed back close to remove the blindfold around him with his free hands. He sighed as he noticed an injured Hana lying on the ground still tied to the chair.

"He's right you know, you should have kept quiet to make him less mad." Namjoon teased while untying the knot for her, and quickly shuffled towards Taehyung who was still lying unconscious with his eyes closed. "Hey dude. Wake up."

"Taehyung, you have to wake up." Hana joined her friend to crouch down next to the young CEO, and gently tapped his cheek.

To their relief, Taehyung began to stir awake after a few minutes which felt like eons. His long eyelashes fluttered open, his vision blurry with confusion until he was able to make out the silhouettes glancing worriedly down at him.

"We're doomed huh?" That was the first thing he asked upon waking up.

Hana chuckled. "Not yet, Taehyung. We will fight our ways through this ridiculous plan of your uncle's together."

Taehyung blinked in shock. "My uncle?"

"Yes, he told us himself and he seems to hold a deep hatred for you." Namjoon elaborated with an apologetic look.

"Ugh, how did I not realize it!" Taehyung rubbed his face out of frustration, and he widened his eyes at the redness growing on Hana's face. "Did he hit you?!"

"I couldn't keep my mouth shut." Hana shrugged. "How about you? He stomped onto your abdomen quite a few times."

"Oh, I was just wondering why does my stomach hurt so bad." Taehyung groaned, and with the help of the pair of friends, he stood back up. "By the way, your vampire friends are probably now on the way here after getting tricked twice."

"Twice?"

"Yeah, they came to my event, saw me all good and unharmed so they left for you right before I got drugged and brought here."

At that, Namjoon exhaled a sharp breath of air. "I can totally imagine how pissed they're gonna be once they reach here."

Taehyung scoffed, his lips twitching upwards. "Just be prepared for a fight."

-

Thanks for reading and stay safe~

Next update : 2/6/2021 (omg it's gonna be June)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 519 12
- a Park Jimin fanfiction - in which his wife is a mafia boss. Park Jimin, an ordinary-looking man on the outside had a secret - his wife was a mafia...
4.4K 226 15
A story of an insecure girl who hates herself, and is throwing herself in to depression. She is all alone and her family kicked her out because she w...
210K 6.1K 28
โ—‹Word Count: 30kโ—‹ โ—Jungkook, an eighteen-year-old college student, one day woke to find that he was now a vampire. Cue the panic and denial. Taken in...
218K 11.8K 45
AU where Yoongi, a vampire, falls in love with a human, Park Jimin, who just so happens to be terrified of vampires. (Angst warning) THIS BOOK IS FI...