You, Again | jhs

By jinandhobi

- a Jung Hoseok fanfiction - in which a girl who is secretly a webtoon artist starts meeting the real life ve... More

Before You Start
Characters Guide
Prologue
1. Seokho
2. Brotherhood
3. Wild Dreams
4. Crown Prince Lee Shin
5. His Lotus Flower
6. Best Friend Duties
7. Silver
8. Rich Vampires
9. New Neighbour
10. The Sun's Heir
11. My Comfort Is You
12. Aladdin
13. Alleyway Fights
14. Red String of Fate
15. Smartass Sidekick
16. Uncanny Meetings
17. Losing You
18. The Truth Untold Pt. 1
19. The Truth Untold Pt. 2
20. The Truth Untold Pt. 3
21. Heart-Shaped Churros
22. Mirrors
23. An Indescribable Sorrow
25. Sweeter than Sweet
26. The Phone Call
27. The Main Culprit
28. Her Vampire Lover
29. Loyalty
Epilogue
a/n
Bonus Chapter

24. Deja Vu

165 31 7
By jinandhobi

• 第二十四章 •

-

"I need a time out."

Usually, Hana would totally groan at how dramatic Namjoon's reactions were, but this time, she couldn't blame him at all. She had told him all the little secrets she had been hiding from him, not missing out any point.

"Take your time." Hana sighed, and lied down next to Namjoon on his bed.

"This is crazy. I don't want to believe you, or that vampires really do exist, but the way Kim Taehyung didn't react to you bringing up about the low-tier vampires made me realize that this is indeed the reality." Namjoon continued to stare blankly at his ceiling. "And the whole past life and reincarnation thing? I have literally no words to comment on it."

"How do you feel?" Hana asked.

"Amazed. Amused. Intrigued. Curious. Sad. Scared." Namjoon listed out the mix of emotions he was currently experiencing. "Oh, there's a tiny weeny happiness as well."

Hana turned her head to look at her friend. "Happiness? Why?"

Namjoon turned his head too to face her. "I'm happy for you. I'm happy that my best friend has finally found someone for herself. Even if that someone technically isn't alive."

"Truth to be told, I'm still unsure of what I feel for him. I like him, but... I'm still very conflicted." Hana smiled when Namjoon pulled her towards him so they could cuddle together. "Like what you've said, it still feels surreal to me that Hoseok was my past lover, and the fact that he still loves only one girl fascinates me. But... even though I'm a reincarnation of the past Hana, we are two different Hanas though. You get me?"

Namjoon hummed. "Yeah, I get you. You're unsure whether the one he truly loves is the past you or you."

"Yep. What do you think of this?" Hana muttered.

"I think you should just let it flow. Just follow what your heart tells you to do. From what I've observed earlier, Prof Jun— I mean, Hoseok really does adore you." Namjoon recalled the way the vampire had acted around Hana when Taehyung joined them. "But that brings us to another question."

"About Taehyung?" Hana chuckled when Namjoon showed her a sheepish grin.

"Yes him. He's the reincarnation of King Lee Hyeon right? I think it's pretty uncanny for you to meet both Hoseok and Taehyung again." Namjoon frowned next. "And I surely do hope that history will not repeat again. No, I won't allow it."

"Me too Joon. I'm scared of dying." Hana took in a deep breath before releasing it. "I feel so exposed without the sun necklace with me. Hoseok told me that since it's a gift from the King himself, this fact alone holds power."

"It is. The ancient Kings used to be respected and practically worshipped as Gods." Namjoon patted her back. "We'll do our best to get the necklace back, don't worry."

-

The bloody red jewel illuminated a glaring sparkle as it reflected off the lights, causing Taehyung to narrow his eyes momentarily before continuing to admire the precious necklace. He didn't know what made him hold back to not return it to Hana.

This necklace was obviously something extremely important to her, as she had lied about not knowing about it as well.

Taehyung's gaze followed the pendant which was now twirling slowly. His quiet eyes were observing how delicately made the sun pendant was, and he wondered what made this design to turn into a national emblem during King Lee Hyeon's reign.

Was this important to the King as well?

He was still unable to forget the headache and shock he had gotten upon touching it for the first time. It felt nothing similar to the normal migraines he would get occasionally; in fact, it felt as if someone had given him a slap so strong that it had sent him flying all across a few kilometres away.

The CEO was also frustrated from the lack of information regarding the King, leaving him practically clueless despite being the one to be holding this pivotal piece of clue. It was evident that this jewellery held a meaningful story, and he pondered on the relationship between the recent events involving Hana, the vampires, Hana's friend – Namjoon, and most importantly, him.

Where did he exactly stand in this confusing story?

What kind of role was he supposed to play?

Taehyung's eyes snapped towards his door when the unmistakable echo of the doorbell reverberated in his apartment. He checked the time, taking note that it was almost midnight, so whoever outside must be someone residing in the same building as well since there was a no-visitor rule after ten.

Hence, he wasn't surprised to see Hoseok and Jungkook standing outside, their gaze focused on the camera.

"I know you're in there, Kim Taehyung. Please open the door, we need to talk." Hoseok spoke, his voice slightly distorted through the speaker.

Jungkook gulped nervously when the human male unlocked his door, revealing him already dressed in his pyjamas at the doorstep. He had volunteered to tag along to ensure that there wouldn't be a fight between the two, and he knew that he had made the right decision when he felt the invisible angry sparks crackling in the air.

"Should I act surprised that you know where I stay?" Taehyung quirked an eyebrow while leaning on the door frame, his arms crossing as he spoke.

"Cut the bullshit. We both know we have resources to dig up informations on each other." Hoseok took in a deep breath then. "I'm only here to ask you one thing."

Taehyung tilted his head. "What?"

"Do you have the necklace, or not?" Hoseok queried.

"I do." Taehyung shot him a lopsided smile, and took out the said accessory from the pocket, letting it dangle in the air as it swung back and forth like a pendulum.

"Give it back. Hana needs it." Hoseok stretched out his hand.

"I don't want to?" Taehyung grinned wider, his cheekiness pissing Hoseok off when he kept the necklace back into his pocket. "I saw Hana wearing it, but she lied to me saying that she knows nothing about it. And here you are, demanding it back rudely. What exactly is this necklace? Why do you have it when it should be in the National Museum?"

"I have reasons I cannot tell you, Taehyung-ssi." Hoseok sighed out. "But just know that this pendant isn't normal and it serves as a protection for the wearer."

"Why do you have it?" Taehyung pushed even further, his eyes narrowing skeptically.

He could tell that Hoseok held all the answers he wanted to know, but the vampire was adamant in keeping those secrets away from him. Why?

"Why should I tell you?" Hoseok clenched his jaw.

"Don't you want it back?" Taehyung feigned innocence, but his voice lowered by a few octaves when he spoke again. "Tell me whatever you know, Jung Hoseok. We both want Hana to be safe, but I will only return this to you, to her, only if you answer me truthfully."

At that moment, Jungkook who had been silent felt shivers run down his spine at the familiarity of Taehyung's demanding and intimidating tone. Despite being just a reincarnation of the King he used to serve, it was undeniable that the man before him still possessed the same aura as the royalty he once knew.

"Hyung." Jungkook called Hoseok softly, his chocolate brown eyes sending the latter a message quietly.

Just tell him what he wants to know. Not the entire truth.

"Fine. I'll tell you." Hoseok pinched his nosebridge before glancing up to stare at Taehyung. "I used to be King Lee Hyeon's shadow protector, and I had a lover as well."

"Let me guess, was it Hana?" Taehyung was genuinely intrigued by the story.

Hoseok nodded reluctantly. "Yes. Unfortunately, the King fell in love with her as well, but his admiration for her only led her to her ultimate death. He gave me this charmed pendant then, telling me to give it to Hana once I meet her again."

"The King knew that you were a vampire?"

"Yes. We used to be humans, but we died protecting the King and got turned into vampires after that." Hoseok shut his eyes momentarily as he allowed himself to escape the memories from then, and reopened them to glare furiously at Taehyung. "I told you the story. So, give me the necklace now."

Taehyung placed the accessory onto Hoseok's upturned hand. He frowned when he felt a weird sensation hit him, as if he was experiencing a deja vu.

"Thank you." Hoseok exhaled in relief while keeping the necklace back into the pocket of his pants.

"Thank you for telling me the story, even though I know that it isn't the entire truth." Taehyung averted his gaze briefly towards Jungkook who flinched at the sudden attention. "Take good care of Hana please. I'll settle with the blackmailing issue as quickly as possible, and you, and your friends stay close to her at all times."

"That's a given, but yeah. Thanks." Hoseok gave him a curt nod before signalling Jungkook to leave together.

As they walked away, more questions began to invade Taehyung's mind although he learned some truths. As he shut his door close, he made up his mind.

He was going to uncover the whole story by himself.

He was going to find out why was he involved as well.

-

Butter lyrics r so hard to memorize

Q: are you getting the BTS meal?

Next update : 26/5/2021 (Wed)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 1.6K 24
- a Kim Seokjin fanfiction - in which an ordinary girl catches the eye of a runaway prince. Without a miss, Han Seri would be dragged to their countr...
46K 1.6K 20
A fanfic about Yoongi's old song that he wrote and a girl that wants to recreate it from her memory. This is the first fan-fiction I have written, h...
534 32 14
A young girl goes missing and it turns out that she's been kidnapped by vampiric creatures who want to use her as food without no body knows . Her mo...
723K 26.2K 35
- a Jeon Jungkook fanfiction - in which a girl meets a boy who is a werewolf. Jeon Jungkook, a resident player studying in an university was actually...