You, Again | jhs

By jinandhobi

- a Jung Hoseok fanfiction - in which a girl who is secretly a webtoon artist starts meeting the real life ve... More

Before You Start
Characters Guide
Prologue
1. Seokho
2. Brotherhood
3. Wild Dreams
4. Crown Prince Lee Shin
5. His Lotus Flower
6. Best Friend Duties
7. Silver
8. Rich Vampires
9. New Neighbour
10. The Sun's Heir
11. My Comfort Is You
12. Aladdin
13. Alleyway Fights
14. Red String of Fate
15. Smartass Sidekick
16. Uncanny Meetings
17. Losing You
18. The Truth Untold Pt. 1
19. The Truth Untold Pt. 2
20. The Truth Untold Pt. 3
21. Heart-Shaped Churros
23. An Indescribable Sorrow
24. Deja Vu
25. Sweeter than Sweet
26. The Phone Call
27. The Main Culprit
28. Her Vampire Lover
29. Loyalty
Epilogue
a/n
Bonus Chapter

22. Mirrors

172 34 3
By jinandhobi

• 第二十二章 •

-

Taehyung was beyond mad.

His secretary was trembling in fear before him, as he had never once seen the CEO looking so pissed off ever since his return back to South Korea. He knew that it wasn't his fault, but the intimidating aura eluding from the younger man wasn't something to be taken lightly of.

"Are these the only photos?" Taehyung gritted his teeth in annoyance, his orbs practically glaring lasers at the secretly taken photos on his marble desk.

"Yes sir. There is only one package—"

A loud slam onto the desk shut Taehyung's secretary's mouth up instantly.

"Are you implying that you want more nonsense like this to appear?!" Taehyung shouted at him. "This is why I don't want to come back to my birth place! The paparazzis here are so much worse than the Hollywood ones. There is literally zero privacy, and I'm not even a celebrity!"

"S-sir, I can look into the sender's details if you want me to."

"If it isn't her getting involved in this mess, I wouldn't even bother to waste my resources on this kind of child play." Taehyung pinched his nosebridge in frustration. "Go and get me informations as soon a possible."

"N-noted, sir!"

With his timid secretary now gone, Taehyung lifted the photos shot by the sender and smirked. His jaw clenched at Hana's face displayed clearly in the photos, some taken while they were leaving the museum and some when they were having lunch together before Hoseok joined them.

He scrunched the sticky note attached to the package, and threw it across his office in anger.

How dare someone try to mess with him? Didn't they know who he was?

Kim Taehyung was a man who would play fire with fire. He was never afraid of the threats directed at him, and he honestly couldn't care less about them either.

But now, an innocent girl was dragged into his mess. He didn't dare to picture what would happen if Hana was kidnapped like what the note had said in exchange of his position as the CEO.

Should he go with the easy way by just reporting to the police?

Or maybe shove money to the culprit?

No. He couldn't.

The other party would only assume that this was his Achilles' heel, and it would only put Hana in more danger.

Should he go the hard way then? And risk involving more unrelated people instead?

Taehyung groaned. Either way would still lead to only bad outcomes, and he truly didn't want this to unfold.

Just then, something clicked in his mind. Or rather, someone who had a group of friends who were of the same species.

Jung Hoseok.

Taehyung knew he had to contact him as soon as he could to warn him about the danger Hana was unfortunately trapped in.

From what he observed, it was undeniable that there was something going on between Jung Hoseok and Moon Hana. In the few times of meeting the man, Taehyung could tell that he definitely didn't treat Hana as 'just a friend', much to their denial.

Pressing onto the beeper connected to his secretary's phone, Taehyung spoke. "Get me details on a man named Jung Hoseok as well."

-

Yoongi was busy watching his men handle the low-tier vampires who had been going around threatening human beings when the rare sound of an alarm blasted in the room. With frantic eyes, he shifted his attention towards the multiple screens before him, and he furrowed his eyebrows when he saw a notification informing him that there was someone trying to access their files.

Scowling, Yoongi clicked onto the pop-up box showing the hacker's identity trying to enter their security system. To be able to reach the very last level of the file containing the vampires' secrets impressed him, but it also concerned him as it meant whoever the hacker was, he was surely darn good at his job.

"Who are you?" Yoongi muttered, his fingers moving incredibly fast across the keyboard to type in various codes.

And then, he froze.

"What the?" Yoongi was in disbelief to see Taehyung's face displayed on the screen, including his personal details all listed nearly by the side.

Why would he try to access Hoseok's file?

Albeit confused, Yoongi didn't hesitate to block off the access. He was glad that he had chosen to take advantage of his immortality to conduct researches in order to learn and create the strongest security system to ever exist.

He cursed when he remembered that Hoseok was on a date with Hana at the moment. He had to warn the younger vampire no matter what.

"Hyung?" Hoseok called out through the phone speaker.

"Hoseok-ah, Tae—"

Before Yoongi could even finish his sentence, Hoseok had already cut him off.

"Sorry hyung! Hana lost the necklace so we are searching for it now." Hoseok blurted out. "I'll call you later okay?"

"Wait—"

Profanities spluttered out of Yoongi's mouth when Hoseok hung up the call. Calming himself down, he sent a text to their group chat instead, telling all of them to gather at the amusement park Hoseok and Hana went to immediately.

With the sun now setting at the horizon, the group of friends were now running around in pairs to search for the couple. Something was obviously fishy and for some reason, the ominous feeling Yoongi felt overwhelmed him.

"Hoseok hyung!" Jungkook hollered the second he spotted him somewhere near the ferris wheel, and tugged Yoongi towards where the man was.

"Guys?" Hoseok had a look of surprise. "Why are you here?"

Yoongi smacked him right at the back of his head. "How dare you hang up my call!"

"Where's Hana?" Jungkook's voice trembled.

"She went to the roller coasters to check." Hoseok gestured at the ride zooming above their heads. "Are Jin hyung and Jimin here as well?"

"Yes. We're worried sick." Yoongi sighed out. "Someone tried to access your personal files earlier, and guess who it was! Kim freaking Taehyung."

"Taehyung?" Hoseok knitted his eyebrows. "Why would he do that?"

"God knows." Yoongi crossed his arms, and then, his eyes widened when something hit him. "Wait. Did you just leave Hana ALONE?!"

"Guys!"

Turning around, they saw a dishevelled Jimin running towards them. The latter was panting for breaths, and his finger was pointing at another direction.

"Hana! There are low-tier vampires dragging her away!" Jimin exasperated. "Jin hyung is tracking them and sent me here to fetch you all."

With hasty footsteps, the group began to trail after Jimin who was leading the way. People gawked questioningly at them, but they weren't the least bothered at all.

"I can't believe you! How can you leave her alone?!" Yoongi scolded as he ran next to Hoseok.

"I wasn't thinking clearly!" Hoseok was on the verge of tears now, guilt eating him up as a whole.

His hyung was right.

Just how stupid was he?

"Enough hyung. We can do this later." Jungkook shook his head at Yoongi who was now glaring furiously onto the ground.

Upon reaching where Jimin had slowed down his footsteps, the group gaped incredulously at the location they were at. Hoseok cursed out loud before ignoring the workers who attempted to stop him from breaking the rules, charging right into the temporarily shut down attraction - The Mirror Maze.

"Hana!" Hoseok cried out in desperation, and flinched at his own reflections from the mirrors around him.

"Why would the low-tier vampires come here?!" Jimin hissed in pain, his eyes refusing to look into the mirrors.

"They probably know that our kind can't stand mirrors." Yoongi growled.

Unlike the myth that most knew, vampires actually had mirror reflections. They could see themselves just fine, just like how normal humans would see them as well, but there was a catch - they were unable to look at their own reflections without thunderclap-like headaches occuring in their heads.

They learned the truth the hard way during the late Joseon era when they were exposed to a gigantic mirror gifted by a European merchant. The mirror stayed in the house they lived in together for days, and it was for days they would suffer from the pounding headaches whenever they accidentally glanced at it; until one day when a grown-up Namjoon visited their house and figured out the problem right away.

It was safe to say they had avoided mirrors like a plague ever since.

Just then, amidst the panic welling in them and clouded minds, a strangled cry tore through the eerie silence in the air.

Which was followed by a scream.

"Jin hyung!"

"Hana!"

Jungkook sent his hyungs into bafflement when he began punching and destroying every single mirrors they came across, unwilling to give in to their ultimate weakness. He didn't care whether his knuckles were bleeding or not, all he cared was for his brothers whom he treasured a lot.

"Let me go!"

Upon reaching where Seokjin and Hana were, the latter was seen to be doing her best to kick off a vampire pinning her down onto the ground. Seokjin was bleeding profusely, but still, he continued to send punches and defended himself against three low-tier vampires all attacking him together.

"Your blood must be really special for the elites and even the reincarnation of the King himself to protect you." The vampire cackled, his eyes glowing a sinister red.

"Get off me you son of a b*tch!" Hana shouted and clenched her fist to send the vampire above her a flying punch.

Her eyes shot wide opened when she spotted the group running at full speed towards them. Her jaw dropped when Hoseok leaped high up in the air, and charged right down onto the vampire who was assaulting her to slam the vampire's head into the ground.

As the others helped Seokjin out, Hoseok busied himself by smashing his fists onto the vampire's head with his silver eyes and fangs standing out. He was really, really crossed; and the vampire happened to become his punching bag at the moment.

Why couldn't they leave Hana alone?

It was the same in the past, and it was the same now.

To him, both humans and vampires were equally disgustingly inhumane.

Hana had to forcefully pull him away from the long-dead vampire on the ground for his sanity to reenter his mind. He stared at the bloody mess he had created before him, and his bloody hands mixed with the vampire's and his blood began to shiver when he finally realized what he had just done.

"Hey, it's okay." Hana turned him around, a concerned look plastered on her face as she looked up at his paralyzed state. "Look at me, Hoseok."

"I-I—"

Tears escaped his eyes when Hana gave him a hug. He didn't dare to touch her with his filthy hands, as he was afraid that he would stain her pure soul much further.

"Thank you for being alive." Hoseok sobbed in her arms. "I was so so scared of losing you again."

"I told you before, I'm not going anywhere." Hana patted his back. "I'm right here, Hoseok."

"It was stupid of me to leave you alone. If it weren't for the guys something would have happened to you!" Hoseok's sniffles increased in amount.

"Jung Hoseok." Hana cradled his tear-stained face gently. "Stop blaming yourself. I'm unharmed, see?"

Letting out a shaky sigh, Hoseok forced himself to nod his head. He then drowned himself with Hana's scent when she embraced him again, the turmoil in his head finally returning back to peace.

-

Igeon nae drama (ooh~~)

Thx for reading! :>

Next update : 21/5/2021 (Fri, a.k.a. Butter release day!!!!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 65 18
Y/n, a 23 years old girl who's just living her completely normal life and busy trying to make some money by working in a restaurant. One night, she b...
218K 11.8K 45
AU where Yoongi, a vampire, falls in love with a human, Park Jimin, who just so happens to be terrified of vampires. (Angst warning) THIS BOOK IS FI...
5.5K 154 15
When Kang Hana goes back to her hometown to clear her mind after a breakup, she gets intrigued by a bookshop owner's nephew. Little does she know th...
46K 1.6K 20
A fanfic about Yoongi's old song that he wrote and a girl that wants to recreate it from her memory. This is the first fan-fiction I have written, h...