Better Together

Від nazfer001

Ezgi & Ozgur have known each other all their life. From being neighbours to enemies to friends they've a lot... Більше

Prologue
Something old, something new
Fire and Ice
Stand by
Family affair
Count on me
All mixed up
Domestic bliss
Miles to go
One step closer
Dancing in the dark
Meant to be
Not always easy
Moment of truth
Won't let go
Crazy about you

Push and Pull

917 65 29
Від nazfer001

Ozgur sat at his desk printing the documents required for his meeting with the accountant. He came across an email from the wedding photographer. He zoomed in on one of the pictures. He remembered standing at the altar wondering if he pressured her emotionally into marrying him, but all his thoughts vanished the moment he turned to see her. She looked almost divine as she walked down the aisle. His heart managed to skip a beat with every step she took towards him. She was beside him all along and it took a wedding to realise Ezgi was the one. What a big fool he was!!

He checked his mobile again for any messages. She was supposed to be back home but there were no texts. He could not wait to see her especially after what they shared yesterday. Though he initiated it, he was not expecting her to kiss him the way she did and certainly not look at him like she did. He debated whether to text or not and ultimately hit the send button with a mischievous grin.

"You seem to be rather pleased with yourself. Care to share?" Ozan walked in casually.

"Couldn't you just do a customary knock before you came?" Ozgur put his mobile away and looked at him.

"As if there'll be someone with you here" Ozan teased him as he knew Ozgur's room was off limits to anyone except him. It was more like an escape sanctuary for him, not meant to be disturbed unless something could not wait.

"You never know... What is it?" Ozgur just rolled his eyes.

"Just wanted to confirm when the party was and if you're okay with the menu?" Ozan handed him the list.

"It's at 7:00 pm and the menu looks good. Ah Tiramisu, Ezgi would love that." He immediately bit his lip as he said it.

"Ah... Isn't she back today? I spoke to her briefly yesterday. Our cousin Cansu is getting married" Ozan informed him.

"Oh nice... Is it that Doctor guy?" Ozgur met Cansu and her boyfriend at his wedding.

"Yes Levant... Anne will start harassing me now." Ozan realised that now his mother will start pressuring him as the girls are off her list.

"How did it go with Deniz? Did you give her the signed forms?" Ozgur held his smile as Ozan raised an eyebrow in anger.

"She said she'll visit us with a copy of the contract today. Anyway, I don't think she's interested so I'll not meddle anymore." Ozan admitted that he backed off.

"Let's see" Ozgur looked at him suspiciously.

"Leave me... What is happening with you?" Ozan inquired suspicious of something brewing between the newlyweds. He could not miss the excitement in Ezgi's voice as he mentioned Ozgur being worried about her.

"Me?? Preparing for a meeting with the accountant..." He picked a few documents.

"Did you visit Ezgi then?" Ozan cut the chase.

"I'm late... Let's go" Ozgur checked the time and pushed Ozan out of his office.

"Don't forget to pick up Tiramisu parcel from the kitchen later tonight, ENISTE" Ozan winked at him before heading to kitchen while Ozgur went out shaking his head.

xxx

Ezgi felt wonderful to be back home. Even though it was only a few weeks, this house managed to make her feel home or it could be the company. She debated if she should text him. Her mobile buzzed with a text from him in Turkish just then.

"seni gormek icin sabirsizlaniyorum"

She read it multiple times and translated it to confirm it meant the same. Before she could respond, Deniz called her to meet at La Gabbia. She thought it would be a good surprise for him to see her so held back from texting.

Emre guided her to the garden, informing her that Ozgur was out and Ozan was busy in the kitchen preparing food for some private party. She sat at the table in the garden waiting for Deniz to come. This part of the restaurant was her favourite as it was filled with plants handpicked and arranged by Sevim. She sipped the tea hoping it would calm her nerves. All she could think of ever since he left yesterday was the feel of his lips on hers, the way their tongues danced together, that prickly sensation as she caressed his beard and most importantly the way he looked at her as they pulled apart. He gave her a spare charger that was in his car before he left taunting her not to forget it to bring it back.

While she was expecting a call from Ozgur, it was her cousin, who lived in Istanbul that gave her a surprise call that night. Her cousin Cansu was finally getting married to her boyfriend after waiting for so many years. She remembered her talks with Cansu when she came down for her wedding. Cansu was frustrated with Levant for not introducing her to his daughter. They left immediately after her wedding due to an emergency. They discussed the dates, logistics and celebrated the news. Her cousin wanted her at the wedding.

"Ezgi to earth... Ezgi" She saw Deniz waving her hand snapping her out of her thoughts.

"Ezgicim your friend here deserves some attention." Deniz tried to get Ezgi's attention as she sat lost in her world.

"Here's your coffee... let me know if you want anything else" Emre put the coffee in front of Deniz and left as Ezgi thanked him.

"I need your advice" Deniz looked expectantly.

"What did I miss?" Ezgi narrowed her eyes on her friend, who seemed unusually nervous.

"I think I like Ozan" She closed her eyes and let it out.

"What?" Ezgi looked at Deniz in shock. Neither did she see Deniz go on a date nor mention any remote interest in anyone since she entered her life.

"I don't know since when... I mean he's your twin so I may have held back from you." Deniz offered her explanation.

"Hello ladies" Ozan dropped by their table.

"Is everything okay?" He asked as he saw their panic-stricken faces.

"Yea I was just telling Deniz that I saw Serdar." Ezgi blurted out in panic and realised she made the situation worse.

"When? Did he trouble you again?" Ozan started his line of questioning.

"He was a guest at the event. He tried to talk but luckily Ozgur came." Ezgi tried to calm down Ozan.

"Ah so he visited you then..." A smile formed on Ozan's face but Emre called him, so he had to leave.

"Ezgi what's going on?" Deniz gave her a quizzical look.

"Nothing... forget about me, let's go back to you" Ezgi took a sip of her tea trying to hide her blush.

"I don't know what to do. I mean I tried to focus my energy on work, but I can't stop thinking about him anymore..." Deniz admitted to her feelings.

"I'm so happy for you..." Ezgi squealed in delight.

"It might not be an easy road you know... my past, my trust issues..." Deniz tried to list everything that would hinder the relationship.

"Yes, there are hiccups, but you'll never know until you try..." Ezgi squeezed her hand assuring her to proceed and realised it applied to her as well.

"Do you think he'll be okay with my past?" Deniz asked her, still unsure.

"I crib about him often but he's the most sensible person I know... you guys will be perfect... Did you ever notice him look at you? He goes all dove-eyed." Ezgi got up and hugged her.

"I know but he doesn't even look me in the eye now...." Deniz said disappointed as Ezgi settled in the chair next to her.

"Maria, is everything set up for the party?" Ozgur enquired his new maitre d' as he walked into the restaurant. There was a private party at the restaurant that night.

"Yes, we did the seating arrangement as requested. Food is nearly done and Emre is in the cellar I think, looking for the wine they requested." Maria gave him the report.

"Good... the guest will start arriving in half an hour" He was headed towards his office when she stopped him.

"There are 2 women in the garden. I told them we're not open but Emre still went ahead." Maria informed him as he specifically told her not to let anyone in.

"Check again after 15 min. If they are still here, ask them to leave politely. Offer them a discount or something to come back. I've to sort out some documentation." Ozgur left to his room.

He mailed the missing document to his accountant. If not for the party, he would have rushed home now to check if she was back. These events on weeknights were a great source of income and they had to ensure the guests had a good time. It was nearly time for the guests to arrive, so he went out to make sure everything was set up. He went to check on the garden to see if it was cleared.

"Sorry for the inconvenience mam but we need the space for a party. Please come back later and I'll ensure you get a discount." Maria offered kindly.

"Is Ozgur back?" He heard the voice and rushed to the table.

"I'm here" His hand slipped across her waist and pulled her closer to his side as he stood next to her. His lips brushed her cheek as her eyes lit up.

"Maria, what were you doing? It is her restaurant... this is my beautiful wife" Ozgur looked at Ezgi as nostalgia hit them. When they first opened, Ezgi decided to surprise them with a group of friends on a busy Saturday night but was declined a table. He declared to his staff that she was family and had to be always welcomed. She teased him that she will bankrupt him by eating free food and own it one day. How times changed!!

"Sorry mam I'm new here. I had no idea." Maria apologised at her blunder.

"We're about to leave anyway. I was waiting for you." Ezgi smiled at him and assured Maria it was okay.

"What? So soon? Sorry Hi Deniz" Ozgur waved his hand at her, noticing her presence finally who waved back.

He heard the commotion as Maria left and asked them to sit as he went to welcome the guests. Once the guests were seated and drinks ordered, he went to the garden again.

"Where's Deniz?" He asked Ezgi as she sat alone.

"She left as she got a call. She asked me to hand this over." Ezgi gave him a copy of the contract.

"Great... leave it on my desk and wait there." He told her and went to the bar as Emre called for him.

"Are you sure? I can go home." Ezgi hesitated as he seemed busy.

"Yes, wait for me" He held her hand and caressed it before going to the bar.

Ezgi went to his room as directed and placed it on his desk. It was the first time she was here. She heard from Ozan a few times that it was his den and he entertained no one there except for him. She was about to go and sit on the sofa, but his screen got her attention. It was displaying their wedding picture. She sat in his chair admiring the picture, especially him.

"I look good, don't I?" Ozgur walked in his room to see her stare at the screen dreamily. He sat on the table opposite her as she occupied his chair.

"Yes... When did you come?" Ezgi answered still in her own world and then snapped out into reality.

"Just now... What about you?" Ozgur looked at her.

"Deniz asked me to meet here." Ezgi explained.

"Why didn't you respond to my text?" He pulled her towards him as she got up.

"Seriously you text me in Turkish knowing my limited vocabulary and then expected me to answer" She pretended not to understand what he sent.

"There was nothing complicated in that..." He got frustrated that she was acting like that.

"I'm not fluent in it" Ezgi kept up her pretence as he rolled his eyes at her pretence.

"Did you see the wedding pictures?" He asked as he played with their hands.

"Yes, and I think you look good for once" She tried to tease him, holding back her smile.

"What do you mean once? Someone told me I look good in black. It drives them crazy." He pulled her even closer, his hands now playing with her hair.

"You do... but wait who told you that?" She narrowed her eyes on him suddenly feeling jealous that someone told him that.

"You don't remember?" He looked at her puzzled.

"Did I tell you? Is that why you were wearing black so often these days?" She grinned as she came to the realisation.

"I'm never wearing black again" He let her go as she kept teasing him and turned to leave.

"That's okay, you can wear white... it suits you too" She held his hand to stop him and walked closer.

Her hands gently caressed the stubble and inched closer when Ozan walked in with a knock on the door causing them to break apart before he could see them close.

"Ezgi what are you doing here? " He acted surprised to see her there.

"I'm about to go... " Ezgi was suddenly nervous.

"No wait... I mean it's dinner time, have something and go" Ozgur reacted immediately and then tried to cover it up.

"Of course, we can't let you go just like that... Besides, there's tiramisu for dessert today." Ozan held back his smile as he watched the nervous couple.

Ezgi walked with Ozgur followed by Ozan into the kitchen. They led her to a seating area down the kitchen. Ozgur went to get a drink for her while Ozan served her food.

"This summer seems hotter than the last... " Ozan commented out as she played with her fork instead of eating.

"Yes, a heatwave is predicted for this week...." Ozgur placed the cocktail on the table and sat next to her.

"Is it good?" Ozgur picked a fork and tasted some lasagne on her plate.

"Better... I mean it definitely got better as I made changes to the recipe..." Ozan commented innocently.

"Don't you have a kitchen to run? Go" Ozgur tried to disperse him.

"Everything's fine. Why don't you go and check on the guests?" Ozan retorted in return.

"Why don't you go check on Irem? She was asking about you since you invited her to the cooking session this weekend." Ozgur smirked at him as one of the hosts of tonight's party tried to hit on Ozan when he introduced him.

"Who's Irem?" Ezgi questioned them.

"He didn't tell you?? Could be your future sister-in-law at the speed she's making her advances" Ozgur put Ozan under spotlight.

"No way!!" Ozan screamed before Ezgi could react.

xxx

Happy weekend... reviews please :)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

33.4K 1K 23
from enemies to lovers and destiny entangling one another together, here is abhimaans cute little love story. somehow falling in one another's life...
35.5K 2.9K 24
it's a story about shivika...❤their first meet was with an accident & annika lost her memory. then friends to lovers. They didn't confess their f...
158K 7.8K 41
This is the story of our favorite couple Manan😘😘. Manik and Nandini gets their dream wedding. Their life was smoothly going but suddenly everythin...
Mr. Right Від Edidin

Фанфіки

19.8K 1.2K 15
Özgür and Ezgi got engaged, but the snakes are still out there, friends are having troubles, business requires time and the mothers are overbearing...