Alexandra Weasley: Book 5

By LivingTheDeadLife

With Cedric gone, and her uncle just out of reach, Alex is facing her toughest year at Hogwarts yet. How much... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63

26

725 44 57
By LivingTheDeadLife

"Hello, Ronald." Alexandra slipped into the seat next to her brother during Herbology. He looked at her suspiciously.

"No, I'm not following you into the woods again." He said immediately.

"What?"

"What?"

"I just said hello."

"Hi." He replied. Alex pulled out her books and faced the front of the class in confusion. A second later she turned back to him.

"Why would we go into the woods?" She asked.

"We aren't going into the woods."

"You said you wouldn't follow me again. Why?"

"Slip of the tongue. I forgot you lost your memories."

"Okay, but what did I do to scare you away from the forest?" Ron looked at Hermione and shrugged.

"Nothing." Alexandra glared at the muggleborn Gryffindor sitting on the other side of her brother.

"Really? Did you talk to everyone about what they can and can't tell me?" She said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Alexandra rolled her eyes and turned back to her lesson.

Alexandra wasn't really sure how she could be friends with Hermione. Everyone told her they were close, but the girl was irritating. She refused to tell Alexandra anything, even going so far as to stop other people from answering her questions truthfully and just completely acted like Alexandra was a child who couldn't look after herself.

She decided to confront her. They were in the library together- Hermione had begun to stick around more often ever since Alexandra's exploits with the Slytherins.
"Why can't you stand me?" Alexandra asked.

"What on earth are you talking about?"

"You don't like me. You're only here because you don't want me to spend time with Draco and Blaise. I'm not an idiot, you know. If we're supposed to be best friends, why do you act like you can't stand me? Is it because I ask too many questions? Or because I'm nothing like the girl you knew? You never call me by my name."

"I don't dislike you." Hermione assured.

"Could've fooled me." Alexandra crossed her arms. Hermione blew out a frustrated breath.

"Fine, it is weird. I knew a different Alex. A very different you." Hermione looked upset. "I don't hate you, though. I'm happy for you. The Alex I knew was sad and now you're not. I'm not going to hate you for that."

"So why are you so... distant?"

"You know, I think you rival even Harry in hospital wing visits." Hermione said. "I've been scared for you and your health more times than I can count. But none of that was as scary as seeing you in that hospital wing last week."

"I wasn't hit by a bludger, was I?" Alexandra asked and Hermione shook her head.

"I don't want to talk about what happened."

"Was it an accident? Were you there?"

"No. We found you after." Hermione said. "I'm not talking about this any more."

"But why?"

"Because I don't want to. So stop it."

"Why don't you want me to be friends with the Slytherins?"

"You can be friends with the Slytherins as long as it's not Malfoy and his lot."

"Why?"

"Because they're not safe to hang out with. At least before, you knew what you were getting into. And you could protect yourself."

"What are you talking about?" Alexandra frowned and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Never mind."

"You can't just tell me to never mind anything. I do mind. I want to know what happened. Why does everyone walk on eggshells around me? It's like everyone expects me to just be mean and looks so surprised when I'm not. And why didn't I start Hogwarts when I was supposed to? Why was I held back a year? Where was I? Why don't I get along with my brothers, and why am I mean to Harry Potter? Why did I drop arithmancy? I'm lucky Professor vector let me back on, even if I am for some reason in class with the seventh years. And why is that, by the way? Why am I in class with the seventh years for runes and arithmancy? And quidditch! Why would I ever play quidditch? Where did my broom come from? I know I got Cedric's nimbus because his parents donated it to the new seeker, but I have a lightweight in my room. And where did Ron's, because we can't afford a Nimbus. Why did I spend a couple of terms in Japan? And why is my mother under the impression that I don't want to partake in the wizarding schools potions contest? And why-?"

"Okay, slow down." Hermione cut in. "I can answer some of those. You won your other broom from Cedric in second year. You guys did this thing where you raced each other. You would make bets. You won and he relinquished his broom."

"Oh."

"When he died, you didn't want to do anything that reminded you of him. Arithmancy was one. You're ahead in that class because you used to help Cedric with his homework. Then it turned into a group study session with a few others in his class and they figured, since you were working with the then fifth years, you might as well be going to that class instead of ours. This was back in our third year. And last year, Babbling offered to let you go to class with the seventh years, when they were sixth years."

"Did I really love him?" Hermione nodded. "I wish I could remember him. What was he like?"

"Kind. Friendly. Really determined, honestly. When he believed in something, it was hard to change his mind. He was also really thoughtful. He loved quidditch so much. You went to the quidditch World Cup together. He got you that leprechaun you keep on your bed."

"I was wondering where that came from."

"You can ask anyone and they'll tell you he was a stand up guy. Everyone liked him. He was the Hufflepuff team captain. For the most part you two were complete opposites. But you got along really well. He never really cared what you said. It really annoyed you at first that you couldn't get to him but eventually you became friends and then you fell in love with him."

"Why was I so mean?"

"You weren't mean. You said mean stuff sometimes, but you were just trying to protect yourself."

"From Ronald?" Hermione sighed.

"You had secrets. Secrets you were scared to tell anyone. Secrets that you thought if Ron found out would make him hate you."

"Like what?"

"Like what happened the year you were away. Do yourself a favour, please. You don't want those memories back. You can be happy, just let it go. Be you."

"I can't be me if I don't know who me is. I'm an eleven year old in the body of a sixteen year old. I don't even recognise myself in the mirror sometimes. I've never forgotten a single thing in my life, ever. Ask me about any day, any month, any year- any hour. I can tell you exactly what happened. And now I just don't remember the past five years." Alexandra frowned. "Just like that, and no one will tell me anything. I don't even know how I lost my memories because you won't let anyone tell me."

"Madam Pomfrey thinks telling you will do you more harm than good."

"Of course she does. She's not the one with a five year gap in her memories." Hermione looked torn. "You're supposed to know me better than anyone. Can you really tell me not knowing how I lost my memories is what's best for me?"

"It was an accident."

"How?"

"At least let me ask Madam Pomfrey first? I promise I'll tell you, but first we need to tell her."

"Okay."

"And in the meantime, promise me you won't trust Malfoy and the others? I'm not going to tell you to completely ice them out. Just be wary around them." Alexandra nodded.

"Promise."

A/N- Poor Alexandra. Imagine the one thing that's always defined her- her memory and being able to remember everything that's ever happened and then suddenly waking up with five years missing. Super scary, honestly.

Favourite line is '"No, I'm not following you into the woods again." He said immediately.' Lmfao, Ron 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 73 42
UNDER A RE-EDIT 🐮✌️ Alex is still in the muggle world at the age of 14 under the Ministry's orders. After years of trying Albus Dumbledore gets them...
61.1K 1.3K 24
The pain of last year hasn't been forgotten, as Valentina Black wishes. She has already lost her mother and sister, but now she has to live with the...
189 18 15
In the enchanting world of magic, where wands cast spells, and owls deliver life-changing letters, Willow embarks on a journey that will challenge he...
37.9K 1.9K 61
Book 6 Voldemort's back. Publicly, this time. And as she discovers more about her own family, Alex finds herself torn as to what her next steps shoul...