51

The following weekend was the quidditch match between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor. Alex smirked at her sister as they stood opposite each other. Ginny narrowed her eyes and Alex narrowed hers back. Ginny rolled shoulders back and attempted to click her neck to look somewhat menacing. Alex snorted at her sister, who grinned back.

At Hooch's whistle, they all flew up into the sky.
"And so we have Weasley facing off against Weasley. Sisters off the pitch, enemies on. Family pitted against each other, both ready to strike the other down. It's almost bibli-"

"Mr Jordan, keep your remarks relevant to the game." Professor McGonagall chided.

"Weasley-" both girls looked up to Maxine who rolled her eyes. "Older Weasley. Hufflepuff Weasley."

"Yeah?"

"Stop playing around with your sister and actually do your job." Alex pouted.

"Fine." She groaned. "See you, Gin." She zoomed away.

Poor Ron had the pressure getting to him. Alex flew over to him after the twelfth goal he missed.
"Ron, I want to win, but not like this. You're good. Ignore Draco and just play as though you're at home and facing the twins." She said before flying away. Maxine reached her side.

"You weren't sharing tips with the enemy were you?"

"He's my brother, not the enemy. Besides it's Draco getting to him with that inane song and it's sort of my fault." Maxine just nodded.

"I'll tell the team to aim for the other goals if they can."

"Don't bother. Smith won't care. Besides, Ron's just gonna be more offended and hurt if we avoid his hoop. Ugh, I might actually have to play quidditch at home this summer." She groaned as Maxine batted away a bludger. "Thanks. Guess, we should keep moving."

"Yeah, alright." They broke apart and Alex flew a lap round the pitch. She caught sight of the snitch and glanced over to her sister. She flew directly to the snitch, knowing Ginny wouldn't fall for the trick she'd used on Chang. Ginny had looked to where Alex was flying and saw what had caught her attention.

Alex was vaguely aware of Lee Jordan talking some more, but she was focused on reaching the glittery ball before her sister. At this point, Hufflepuff would win either way, having 170 points, but Ginny was more of a chaser than a seeker. It would be embarrassing to lose the snitch to her younger sister who preferred another position.

She caught it, reaching it a hair's breadth before Ginny, and securing the win for her team.

The Hufflepuffs were loud and cheerful. If they managed to defeat Slytherin, they'd secure the house cup for definite. As it stood, they could win the house cup anyways. Alex ducked away from the celebrations heading over to Malfoy. She pulled him away from his Slytherins, knowing there was no way she'd get through to him in front of them.

"Congratulations." He offered, like a decent person.

"Thank you." She said. "Draco, please stop with the song."

"Fat chance."

"Draco, please."

"You should be glad." He said. "He's dirt."

"He's my brother."

"Don't make me laugh."

"Draco." She stopped him. "Please. Siblings fight. All the time."

"You were crying. I've never seen you cry."

"I cry a lot, actually. Just never in front of you. I was supposed to be alone in that room." Draco sent her a look. "Look, you don't know the story. But he's my brother, and we're good now, so please stop antagonising him so much?"