30

Alexandra looked miserable on her birthday.
"Oh cheer up." Megan said. "You never really liked your birthday anyways, so not remembering them really doesn't change anything."

"That doesn't help." Alexandra said, her eyes focused on her breakfast. "I don't even remember turning twelve. How am I suddenly an adult?"

"Think of it like this. As long as you have the word teen in your age, you're not technically an official adult. You're still a teenager."

"As long as there's the word teen in your age, you'll be a child to me." The words floated around her head. She concentrated. Where did that come from? "But that'll be for the next three years, at least. I'll legally be an adult in sixteen months." Her own words replied.

"Alexandra?" Megan repeated. She looked up. "You okay?"

"Yeah." She sighed. "What do I usually do with my time?"

"What?"

"Like, before I lost my memories, what did I usually do? Other than spend time in the library."

"I don't know. You were always with Cedric."

"Where?" Megan shrugged. "You don't know or Hermione says you can't tell me?"

"I don't know. I guess you guys raced around on the quidditch pitch a lot, and spent time in the library or the common room." She nodded, and turned back to her breakfast.

"Dear sister." Fred started, appearing by her side. George was on her other.

"It has come to our attention-"

"That, on this very joyous occasion-"

"The very first birthday of yours we have ever celebrated-"

"In about six years-"

"That you seem to be miserable."

"And of course,"

"As you are turning seventeen."

"Reaching adulthood."

"They grow up so fast, don't they Freddy?"

"Sure do, Georgie."

"The point?" She cut them off.

"The point, our darling little sister-"

"We can't call her little anymore, Georgie."

"Oh dear-"

"If you stop being so weird, I'll give you my hourglass spell." She bargained. They looked at each other.

"No threats with the katana."

"Nor with her scary Japanese spells."

"Or just her normal arsenal of creepy spells."

"Instead she's bribing us."

"With cool toys."

"Just promise me you won't prank me on my birthday, at least." She begged.

"Oh, sister."

"Dear sister."

"What do you take us for?"

"Fred and George Weasley? The most incorrigible pranksters in the world. You guys prank on anyone every occasion. That's what I take you for."

"We promise not to prank you." George vowed.

"But you still look like you need cheering up." Fred continued.

"I don't remember turning twelve, or thirteen, or fourteen, fifteen, sixteen. And now I'm seventeen. And when did you two turn seventeen? Nothing makes sense, so if I look like I need cheering up, it's probably because I do." She pulled away from their grips.