UNVEIL | D.M (UNRAVEL BOOK 2)

By ixfixite_

*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNRAVEL) UNRAVEL book 2: Follow the events of Aine Estoileon's second year at Hogwarts... More

[ 01 ]
[ 02 ]
[ 03 ]
[ 04 ]
[ 05 ]
[ 06 ]
[ 07 ]
[ 08 ]
[ 09 ]
[ 10 ]
[ 11 ]
[ 12 ]
[ 13 ]
[ 14 ]
[ 15 ]
[ 16 ]
[ 17 ]
[ 19 ]
[ 20 ]
[ 21 ]
[ 22 ]
[ 23 ]
[ 24 ]
[ 25 ]
[ 26 ]
[ 27 ]
[ 28 ]
[ 29 ]
[ 30 ]

[ 18 ]

39 3 0
By ixfixite_

Today was finally the day where many would love, it was Christmas.

Many students had headed home this year, with Sirius Black's attack in Hogwarts, most of them had gone back to their respective houses because it wasn't just safe anymore. Not to mention the dementors, guarding the sacred school at every entrance. There have been quite a handful of cases of students being attacked by the cloaked creatures too.

"Aine, wake up!" 

"Aine!" 

"Go away, I want my bed." the girl groans in annoyance with her two roommates energetically cheering in the morning. Ginny grabs Aine's quilt and peeled it away from the girl who presses her head into her pillow, while Hermione tears apart the darkness of the room by welcoming the light from the windows. Then they proceeded to take the sleeping girl's pillow, giggling at their friend. 

Aine's eyes were forced open by the blinding light, it was different from her own room at home, her walls were bright so she was alright with the morning light every day. But here, the room was in dark maroon, alongside the walnut stained bedframes and drawers, it was dark.

"Come on! We're going to be late!" Hermione started to nag, "Yeah! There's Christmas breakfast! It's only once a year we get it!" Ginny added.

"I can always eat that again next year", Aine mumbles, before being pulled out by the two of them, her spine curved into an arch as her eyes still remain deeply shut. "It's different!" Hermione says.

"Then tell me what they serve and I'll cook it myself..." she trails off, her voice muffled, the other two girls weren't sure if their friend was still in deep sleep, and sleep talking or not. While no one spoke, Aine slammed her body back onto the soft bed, dozing off again.

"Oh, please wake up," the brunette girl begged, "You girls go ahead, I'll just lay dead for a while more," Aine mutters. Ginny turned to Hermione and said, "Alright, we'll go ahead first then." 

"Thanks, Gin."

"But I'll call Fred and George to come in and wake you up instead." she finishes, grinning and the girl's body immediately jerked up like a vampire, although still very much groggily. "Okay, fine. I'm awake." Aine was fine with anybody but the twins, recalling one memory when she was so tired that she wanted to skip breakfast but Ginny had called her brothers to wake her up in her stead. 

Cringing at how they literally enchant their quills to tickle Aine awake and creating bubbles that would constantly pop in her ears like alarms. Or the worse one, transfiguring her pillow to make the feathers inside becoming slugs so you would hear the squishy, gooey sounds as if they were in your ears. Of everything she ever hated, bugs and insects would always be the top thing of the things she hates. She always told others that she would rather eat toothpaste than touch a bug. Fred would always tease her that he'll put a small insect in her toothpaste that every now and then, she'll feel very intimidated to open the tube of her toothpaste.

"We'll just meet you at the Great Hall, alright?" Ginny chuckles and together with Hermione, they start to walk towards the door. 

"I hate you." Aine groans, finally fluttering her eyes open.

"You love me," her friend answered sweetly, winking as they left the room, Hermione waving before the door shut close and she heaved out a loud sigh. She dragged herself out of her bed and sat at the edge of the mattress, then standing and walking to the window. Pushing open the window panes, she breathed in the morning air, filling her lungs with the coldness that woke her up once and for all.

By the time she was out of her room, the common room's hall was emptied out, and the portraits around the room greeted her and wished her a Happy Christmas, and she too, did the same. Aine wore a simple outfit consisting of what she pulled out from her trunk -- a forest green turtleneck with thick black leggings and her feet were covered with a pair of leather boots, polished, but worn into time. Her black wavy hair was up in a half ponytail tied with a silver ribbon and her fringe curled like curtains, framing her face. Despite the chilly weather, she was fine without her outerwear, perhaps Hogwarts have heating systems around the castle, she thought to herself, skipping out of the common room, to the great hall.

"Aine!" someone shouted from the courtyard, and the girl turns her head to see a pair of bubbly redheaded twins. One of them scooped her waist and winked at her, "My lovely sister's friend... Our favourite junior is late, hmm?" Fred teases and George follows, "It is no surprise, twin brother! Ai has always loved her sleep, doesn't she?" He chuckles.

Aine groans, lightly hitting them both and they pretended to stumble back, "Morning, boys. Thanks for the well wishes. Happy Christmas to you both too." she says sarcastically. "Where's our gift?" Fred asks and Aine pulls out two vials, one was in a clear magenta, and the other was in pearl colour, both liquids, and she handed the magenta one to Fred and the pearl one to George. They looked at the tiny bottles with curiosity and confusion, Fred shook the bottle, "What's this?" he questions, peering into the magenta pink liquid, it was as if there was a miniature vortex inside it because the liquid was slowly whirling around like a whirlpool, "I don't know, Freddie, but it seems cool as heck!" George says to his brother, eyes beaming at his gift.

"It's a potion I cooked up, I made it so it could be paired with any other ingredients as something edible," Aine explains with a smile, she went on, "When mixed with other ingredients, and when eaten, it allows the person who ate it spin around until the item of food is finished, say a candy! Once they swallow it, they'll stop spinning around." 

The boys boomed with gasps, simply awed and Fred stutters, "Wow... Aine. I honestly don't know if you did something crazy or you'll just..."

"Genius", George finishes.

"Exactly", Fred says.

"What does mine do, Ai?" George asks, showing the vial to her and she proceeded to tell him what his's was, there were bubbles rising from the pearl mixture, and as soon as they touch the glass, they pop and shimmering glitter falls back onto the pearly liquid. The twins blinked in astonishment as the bubble pops and Aine smiles, "This one manifests bubbles that will glide towards the thing or person the user wants and then dances around them almost as if to charm them." she says proudly.

"Wow..." He breathes, shaking his head in just pure amazement, before his face changes to one of a smirk, "So, are you perhaps trying to charm me, Miss Estoileon?" George's eyes narrow at Aine who looks dumbfounded, she hadn't thought about how it'll look to other's eyes. But seeing Fred sharing the same smirk on his freckled face made Aine dart her gaze at George, she lightly smacks his arm, "Geez, stop teasing me!" 

George pretended to be hurt, although he casts a small smile before pouting, "Hey! I was just being nice! What's your problem, woman!" he shot back, another one of his jokes. 

"I'm not a woman." 

"Oh, then should we call you a man?" Fred chimed, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Fred!" Aine shouts, "You were supposed to be on my side!"

"Sorry, Aine. I'm on the side of brotherhood." Fred replies, sticking his tongue out playfully.

Aine gasps, "Wow. I lost a good brother friend today! Betrayer." she mutters, now a little pouty and the boys quickly gave Aine a big hug, "I'm only joking, Aine!" Fred laughs out loud, patting her head. She knew they were joking but they weren't sure if she was truly hurt. So, there she was, squished between two tall brothers and she circles her hands around their waist to hug. 

They pulled away some time later, and Fred noted, "Wow, it's been a while since I hugged somebody." 

"Yeah", George nodded, he looks away, touching his left ear and his face was painted with a sheer pink.

"Well, then! You got your gifts, so I'm off!" Aine bids, scooting out of the courtyard before she gets another earful of nagging from Hermione and Ginny. "See ya~" she shouts back.

"SEE YA LATER!" Fred shouts back and turns to his brother who mumbled the words, sighing when he spots his twin raising a brow. "Hmm...?" he hums, trying his best to hide a grin, and George uses his hand to cover the slight pinkish glow on his face, embarrassed.

"Wanna tell me about it, Georgie?" Fred asks, and George rolls his eyes, "Oh shut it." 

"Georgie got a little crush, aye?" his brother cooed, wriggling his eyebrows.

"Ugh, for Godric's sake." George curses in a soft voice, "Bet that hug felt good to you, huh?" his brother teases him. George's eyes widened when he heard his brother's words and immediately recalls how small Aine's frame was, she had a petit body and he could feel a little of her bones when his hands--

He covers his face, "Jeez." he sighs out loud.

"Ooh! Were you imagining something?" Fred whispers, eyes bright as he giggles to himself. Instead of replying to him, George quickly escapes out of the courtyard, "Wait till Ron hears about it!" Fred yells from behind, as he runs after his brother.

 "Don't you dare", George threatens.

"Only if you give me one sickle." 

"I'll give it to you later."

"Really? Wow, yay!"

~~

The Great Hall was bustling with students, despite many had left for the holidays and in fear of Sirius Black, there was still quite a fair bit who remained back this year. Aine skipped into the hall, greeting other students a 'Happy Christmas' as she passed by them, and they wished her too. She breathed into the smell of chicken ham and freshly baked bread, she was hungry now, and she couldn't wait to dig her knife into the bread with butter. Mmmm~  she says in her head.

She saw Ginny's head popped behind Hermione's and Harry and Ron turned to her too.

"Ai--" "Aine."

She stopped her tracks and she could see her friends turning to the other person who called her. Aine turned to where they were looking and spotted Draco Malfoy, standing in the aisle between the Slytherin's table and the Ravenclaw's table looking very awkwardly, glancing at Harry and Aine.

He quickly took the chance to walk up to her while her friends were dumbfounded at the sight of the two. Aine gave her friends a reassuring smile before her eyes travelled to the blonde. She could see that Ron and Harry weren't very happy with what they're seeing, whereas Ginny was smirking at Hermione who held a neutral expression. 

"Hello, Draco." she greeted stiffly, trying her best not to mind the many pairs of glaring eyes from her friends and his.

"Hey, um... Aine." he greeted back, "Good morning." he blurts and she raises a brow, "Good morning to you too." she says back.

"Happy Christmas", he wishes her next, and she wished him too, clearly very awkward with the many eyes looking at them. He quickly pulls out a rather small rectangular black box with a silver bow, "Here", he said, gazing at her.

She slowly takes it from him and he follows her hands as she rests them to her side, and she looks up, "Thank you, Draco." Aine replies, giving a small smile, and his face softens at the sight of her smile, "I hope you like it." 

"I will."

They share a short laugh together before Aine took a deep breath, and pointing her head to her side, "I think I have to go." 

Draco tilted his head at her friends, damn it. He knew her friends were probably mad and he could only roll his eyes at it, "Right." he mumbles, he exchanges a look with his arch-nemesis and he simply glared at him, "Have a nice Christmas, then." he said to her, with a smile and she returned the look, "You too."

Then he watches her as she turns around, walking back to her friends. He looked back down onto his polished shoes before she suddenly halted and turned her head, "Draco." she calls to him and he looked up again, "Yeah?"

"Let's hang out soon again!" she mouths to him, and he smirks, nodding at her words as she beams broadly, turning back to her friends afterwards. His mouth hung open for a second before he closes it back, swallowing his words, he heads for the Slytherin table. She's so...

Beautiful when she smiles.

When Aine reaches to her friends, they all simply looked at her for answers, before Hermione pulls her down. "What the bloody hell was that all about!" Ron spat out and Hermione kicks his foot. "Nothing, just wishing each other a good Christmas," Aine explained, shrugging.

"What did he gave you?" Ginny asks curiously, her big eyes glistening at the sight of the black box. "Christmas present." Aine replied, and Ginny looks to Hermione who looks back at the dumbfounded girl, "Well, open it!" she says, a hint of excitement in her tone.

"I'll open it later." 

"Come on!"

"Yeah! Who knows there might be something cursed in there!"

"Don't jinx it, Ronald."

"Hey! I'm just saying! At least if it's something cursed, we got Hermione and Harry to help to de-curse it."

"I think I can handle that by myself."

"You really think so?"

"She probably could, brother."

"Shush it, Gin, the adults are talking."

There was a smack on Ron's head, and Ginny had taken Aine's present and hit him on the head with it. "Hey!" Ron shrieked.

"Alright, fun's over. Now give me my present back."

"Here you go Aine, Ron's just jealous," Ginny smirks, giving the gift back to her friend before her brother's hand swipes the present away. "Am not!"

"Yeah, right. Okay." 

"Let me hit you with that once and we'll call it quits!" he suggests.

"Not happening."

"Guys, I just want my present back..." Aine sighs and Harry rolls his eyes at the bickering. 

"Yeah, give it to her, Ron," Hermione told him.

The two Weasleys started to squabble with the box tossed and pushed both sides, Hermione trying to stop them both, Harry being completely done with trying to pull them apart, and Aine just wanting her present.

"Give it here!"

"No! You give it to me!"

"I said--" "I'm telling mom!"

"Go ahead, she's not here anyway!"

"Ron!"

And then the box split apart and opened. Then came a bright shiny object flying out of it, right into Aine's hands and the fight stopped. She looked down onto the rather heavy object. It looked like a sun, or a flower, with gems around it and her friends, gazed closely at it.

"Is it cursed?" Ron asks, peeking cautiously.

"No... I don't think so." 

"Of course not", Harry said flatly.

"It's--"

"-- so pretty!" Hermione finishes for Ginny who scans the present, eyeing it at its every nook and crannies.

"What is it?" 

Aine picks it up with her index and thumb fingers, looking right at the pretty present in front of her, "It's a pin."

"A pin?" 

"What pin?"

"Yeah, a hairpin, of course! It clips your hair away."

The girls gasped with wonder as Hermione helped her to put it on, she removes the silver bow from her half up-do and fixes it with the Sun-like hairpin Draco had given Aine. "Wow!" Ginny beams and clasps her hand. "Oh my!"

"Wow, it really does look lovely." Ron peeps and Aine's face started to get hotter at the attention drawn to her, or the hairpin. Hermione grabbed a small mirror from her pocket and showed it to Aine who was smiling at how pretty it was.

"It is pretty."

─── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅☀⋅⋆ ───

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 557 12
[BOOK 2] ____________________ "Whatsss that you've got there?" "Who's there?" "Up here, human." "Y-you're a snake!" "A grasss snake. Well obssserve...
8.1K 308 44
"You know, Hazel, we can really do this", Harry said, turning his attention back onto Hazel's hopeful smile. "Even though we've got a fight ahead of...
5.7K 2K 19
In 1976, Sirius Black met the love of his life. In 1980, two lives were given, and one was taken. In 1981, Sirius Black was carted off to Azkaban, a...
1.2K 90 34
*Completed* (SEQUEL TO UNVEIL) UNRAVEL book 3: Now, as things have started to change, the challenges Aine had faced in her second year at Hogwarts we...