Isn't This Supposed to be an...

By SomeTypicalMilk

From the start, our main character has always had a fascination with technology. It all started at age five w... More

Welcome to The Company, Y-san.
The Case of The Missing Takoyaki.
Okay so, Are You Real or a Cosplayer? Either Way, it's Fine With me.
Enter The Apprentice For The Beginner.
A Shooting Star and an Elite Shrine Maiden.
A Rabbit and the Moon.
So... You're Death? You're a shark? And You're Just a Normal Girl? Okay...
She's an Idol Too? She's Very Unique... I Like it!
I Made A Deal With A Ceo, And Now My Coworkers Are Fighting Over Me?!?1?1
It's Time to Start our Cooking Club!-Wait, We've Already Done This Before?
Wake up! You're Going to be Late! Get up, Now!
Dealing With an Oni Can be Difficult-or Not? Well, This Was Unexpected.
It's Takes a lot to Plan Festivals, but as Long as Their fun, it's Worth it
Welcome to HoloFest Live!
This Feels so Random, but I'm Having Fun. But I Feel Like I Forgot Something...
When Holo EN Invades, There's Only one Thing to do. Have Fun?
H-Hey! Wait! This is my Story! You Can't Just Take i-Shhh. It's Mine now.
As The Festival Comes to an end, Everything Only Seems Livelier.
Enter The Apprentice's Apprentice For The Novice.
Why Would You Want To Spend Valentine's Day Alone? Why Not With Someone Special?
So, What Do You Think? Just As Nice As The Other One, Right?
Let's Do Our Best To Set A Good Example.

So, These Are The Idols? They're Certainly... Different?

10K 209 393
By SomeTypicalMilk

A/N: Welcome back. Depending on if I was motivated or not, this chapter came out soon. By the chapter's name, you know what's about to happen. Though he isn't going to meet all of them, that would be unrealistic. I'll be introducing them by random so stayed tuned for your favorite. Now's let begin.

The sun, not wanting a repeat of yesterday, just hides behind the clouds. Y/N alarm wakes him up the same as usual. This time around, it's changed to Rhapsody of Blue Sky. He yawns.

Y/N: Today's the day. First day at my new summer job at fr- Wait, wrong first day. This is more like a day two, but it's the first day I'm working. Or rather, it could also be called my second day of orientation. Today's mostly just meeting some of the idols and introductions to the computers.

He gets a notification on his phone, which surprises him dearly. No one usually texts him first, and all game notifications are turned off. So this really confuses him of what it could be.

Random Number: 'Hey, just checking in on you.' 'Motoaki gave me your number. Hope you don't mind.'

Y/N: 'Hello, I don't know who this is, but thank you for having concern.' 'I'm fine with him giving my number out to fellow members of staff.' 'If I may ask, who is this?'

Random Number: 'Of course, who else but A-friend.' 'Are you going to be in soon?'

Y/N: 'After a bite at mister donut.'

A-chan: 'You that place isn't the healthiest place to get breakfast, right?'

Y/N: 'I really don't feel like going to Seven-Eleven.' 'And McDonald's is too far.'

A-chan: 'You should really be making your own breakfast then.' 'I can promise it's much better for you if you did.'

Y/N: 'With what cooking skills?' 'All I know is instant cup ramen, takoyaki stands, and that's it.'

A-chan: 'Sounds like you had a rough four years.'

Y/N: 'They may have paid for my college, but food is more expensive than I remember.'

A-chan: 'I feel glad to have skipped the process.' 'But that's still no excuse as to why you can't learn now.'

Y/N: 'I guess?' 'That's a fair statement.' 'But I've never really cared about cooking, you know?'

A-chan: 'Geez.' 'Didn't know my co-worker would be so lazy.' 'I'll scold you once you come into the office, so get here soon.'

He puts his phone back onto his nightstand.

Y/N: Cooking, huh? I'm not very familiar with it. Hopefully, my lack of cooking experience doesn't become a problem later on.

He gets dressed and goes downstairs, keys in hand.

Y/N: I should probably get more than one outfit. Oh well, I wash it every day, so I should be fine. But still, some people may get the wrong opinion. I can't change what other people think, nor should I focus on such.

Ignoring the thought, he drives over to the office. Being late isn't something on anyone's mind.

Y/N: *He walks through the door* "Rev up those fryers because I am sure hungry for one-"

A-chan: "Nope." *She puts a doughnut in his mouth* Sponge bob? Isn't that an American cartoon? How do I even know this?

Y/N: Pain. "It's delicious..."

A-chan: "You shouldn't talk with your mouth full. So finish it up, and get ready to meet some of them. Not everyone wanted to come in today. We really just asked for a few of them to say hi. So the number of those who came won't reflect the true number we have." *She hands him a medium coffee*

He grabs the coffee with one hand and takes the doughnut out of his mouth with the other.

Y/N: "How many will I be meeting with?"

A-chan: "I'll be honest, I went to get breakfast and forgot. That's my bad..." I know at least Sora's here.

Y/N: "I guess it's a surprise for us."

A-chan: "Seems as such. Now come on, they may have been waiting for longer than they'd like."

They take the elevator to the second floor. When the ding hums and the door opens, no one is standing there.

Y/N: "Yea, that's about what I expected." No one would actually take time out of their day to say hi to me or any new person. But hey, now I get a tour of the second floor.

A-chan: "Oh... Sorry. I didn't mean to get your hopes up. I could've-"

Suddenly four people jump out. Another that was in the group just awkwardly steps out.

Four Idols(?): "Suprise!"

They stand with a banner in their hands, and the red one looks inquiringly at him.

Y/N: *He blushes in embarrassment and confusion* "Eh?" What's the meaning of this?

Idol-looking person: "We've actually been prepared for about a week now. Yagoo told us about you in advance. I usually like saying hello to the new staff, as it's a pretty rare event. But even then, I'd never miss out on an opportunity to say hello to a new friend."

Y/N: "Don't you mean, potential new friend?"

Idol-Looking Person: "Hmmm. Nope! I can already see that your someone who I'd get along with. Ah, where are my manners, my name's Tokino Sora." *She bows for less than a second*

Y/N: "I assume you know my name, but I should return the formality. My name is F/N L/N." *He does the same*

Sora: "We're glad to make your acquaintance."

Y/N: "I hope to work well with you all."

Witch(?): "EH? IS that ALL you have to say? We're uber-famous idols, you know? If regular people met us on the streets, they'd beg for attention. You're getting it all for nothing, so tell me, how much ya got?"

Y/N: "I only carry cards. They're also debit only."

Witch(?): *She takes out a card reader* "It can accept all cards from any major bank."

Without even reacting, Y/N grabs the card reader and throws it to the floor. It shatters on impact.

Y/N: "I'm good~ And it seems you don't have-"

Witch(?): "I have another one." *She pulls said reader out of her pocket* "Don't worry, I'll only take about ten thousand for my time."

Y/N: *He points at her* "Who invited this sassy child?"

The person in red with horns lets out an adorable laugh.

Wolf Woman: *She giggles* I shouldn't be laughing, but that's a perfect summary.

Witch: "NEEEEEEE! I AM AN IDOL! You may be our manager, but that doesn't mean you're above me."

Y/N: I was saving this for later, but she may need this more than me. *He walks up to her and hands the annoyed witch a candy bar*

Witch: "A snickers?"

Y/N: "You're not you when you're hungry."

Witch: "In light of this sweet treat, I will propose a truce. Mostly in part, due to the fact I forgot to make breakfast." *She takes it out of the wrapper and eats it whole*

Y/N: That was a king-sized Snickers. Pain.

Witch: "I guess I should tell you my name. I'm Murasaki Shion. You should be pleased to work with me."

Y/N: "An honor."

Shion: "Hey! Hey! Only I'm allowed to use sarcasm. Be straightforward like a real manager."

Y/N: "You can issue orders when you're this tall." *He signals to up to his chin*

A/N: For context, she's about four foot nine inches. Y/N is about five foot ten.

Shion: This tall son of a b-

Sora: "I'm pretty much up to your neck. Does that count?"

Y/N: "No good, no good. But even then, I'm your manager. So you should try your best to listen to me regardless."

Wolf girl(?) woman(?): "I guess I should be the next one. I'm Ookami Mio." *She sighs* "Some people have the tendency to call me Mio-mama. Please call me by my regular name. I'd feel weird if my manager said that."

Y/N: "Hai, hai. Understood. I'm no stranger to indifferent nicknames. So I will make sure to refer to you as your preferred calling. Pleased to start working with you."

Mio: "I feel the same towards you."

They both bow to one another.

Y/N: She's very Mature. She and Sora have this very adult feeling about them. That's not to say Shion isn't an adult, but I mean... I shouldn't think like that.

Someone else steps in front of him. Her outfit is revealing, to say the least. You'd almost wonder what type of idol she was. If it weren't for the fact they're both working adults, he'd take off his jacket and give it to her.

Y/N: She's probably the rebellious one, and I should keep on guard. If she dresses like that in an idol agency, there's no telling what she could be up to. She'll flip the throw pillows. Pour out someone's drink after they said they're going to the bathroom. She'd probably even take the last corner piece of cake, only to eat a small portion of it and throw the rest away. Am I even prepared to deal with such a threat? Well, it doesn't matter anyway, because here she comes!

She approaches him, and you can feel the meaning aura in the air. She walks to her underprepared superior. The air was thick, almost thick enough to pass out in. It's cold, too cold. He knows he has to appear without fear in front of her, or else she could take control. He has to show her who's in charge. Finally, she's in front of him. Only a foot separates them.

Y/N: Be ready.

Vampire(?) maybe: "Hello, manager-san! I'm glad to meet you in person! Yagoo has talked about you for quite some time. So I'm happy to be one of the first to meet you. I'm sorry if it's intruding, but can you tell me how Hololive was when you first came here?"

Y/N: "Hmm. Well, it was much different from how it is now. Being mostly VR and AR advancements. That's what I signed up for. This building used to be only one floor. But the biggest change is in how they went from tech to idols. I'll be honest. This is a different world from the one I was looking for."

Vampire: "It must be difficult changing careers like this. Isn't it?"

Y/N: "Well, I still have work related to what I went for. But this part where I have to interact with people is new. So I'm sorry if I come off as awkward. I haven't had many opportunities to interact with others."

Vampire: "Don't worry, you're doing great! Being shy isn't something to be afraid of. I'm sure you'll easily get over it with enough time. I know plenty of people who work here who are like that."

Y/N: "You're not wrong. I need to be more out there. That's the only way I can get better. May I ask your name? I believe you've yet to tell me such."

Vampire: *She blushes deep red after forgetting such* "A-Ah! I'm very sorry. I was so busy asking my question I forgot to start with such basic information. My name's Yozora Mel. Please to work with you!" *She bows*

Y/N: Looks are deceiving. I really can't go off them. "I feel the same way. I hope we can both work agreeably with each other." I can guess that leaves her. I think she's an oni. Knowing Mel, she shouldn't be too scary.

Oni: I think I've seen enough of him to know his personality. "Hello, human. As you've probably noticed, I'm an oni. A species much higher than yours. Manager and idol aren't what I follow. I follow my own superiority. If you have a problem with that, then I don't know what to tell you."

Y/N: So she's the more rebellious type. I can respect her beliefs. "I see. While I can respect that, as you're manager, I can't agree."

Mio: Is this her way of testing him? She's very analytical, so I think that's it. It's strange to see this side of her, even if it is pretend.

Oni: "You're one of few who've chosen to oppose me."

Shion: How interesting. So he does have some backbone.

Oni: "I'll tell you this, no human has done such without punishment. So I ask again, how do you feel about my ways?"

Y/N: "Even if I'm new here, that's all the more reason why I must stand my ground."

Oni: "You are brave, but also not very wise."

She and Mel burst out laughing.

Sora: What a goof. Hopefully, that didn't spook him too badly.

Oni: "Sorry, I just wanted to see what type of person you were. I didn't get much by watching, so I just went up and did found out."

Y/N: "So am I in the oni's good graces?"

Oni: "Very much so. My name is Nakiri Ayame. I'm glad to meet you and am looking forward to seeing how you are after you've settled in."

Sora: "Come sit down, Y/N! We made room for you at the table, so you can sit next to me or Mio. I'll go get the cake~"

Shion: "Hey! I made it, I'll get it!"

Sora: "Sorry, I got a little too excited~"

Mel: "Then, how about I make us some tea as well?"

They've arranged a few smaller tables into one to form one bigger table. As Sora mentioned, it's been widened so that there is one space next to Mio and one space next to Sora. Shion and Mel walk over to the corner of the room, where Shion grabs a big container and Mel opens the closet.

A-chan: "Cake..." I love cake.

Y/N: "I didn't expect that."

A-chan: "What of your expectations have been true?"

Y/N: "None of them." I still feel kinda awkward, so I'll sit next to A-chan.

Shion proudly marches back to the table, container in hand. Ayame has plates and forks.

Shion: "Okaaay, are you ready? Ta-da!" *Smiles brightly with her eyes closed*

Sora: *Suprised* "Uwooooah!"

Shion lifts the lid off the container to reveal an ice cream cookie cake, with letters that spelled out 'Welcome to Hololive!' The letters are spelled with chocolate frosting and there's a little cover logo as well.

A-chan: "That's creative." Ice cream as well?

Ayame: "Cake..."

Sora: "That's so cool!"

Mio: "I had no idea you were so good at baking, Shion!"

Shion: "Ehehe. Well, you know. Just hurry up and take a slice!"

Sora and A cuts their's slice first, then Mio and Ayame. I follow shortly after.

Mel: Cake... But first tea!

Sora: "It's delicious!"

Sora talks with her mouth full and has already managed to get icing on her face. Y/N turns the plate, looking for the best angle to take some out of. Shion is quiet. Y/N can't help but notice sneaking glances in his direction. Is she waiting for him to take a bite? Y/N goes for the side that has the most ice cream and takes a bit. The icing is sweet and full of flavor- Y/N wonders if she made it herself.

Y/N: "This is really good. Thank you, Shion."

Shion: *She blushes* "W-Why are you thanking me? it's not like I...!"

Y/N: What's with the change in attitude? maybe she's shy of her cooking? I'd probably feel the same way if I did the same thing. Though I don't cook, so I'd at least have a clear mind knowing it's terrible.

Shion: "...Made it for you or anything." Darn it. This is my first time making something special for anyone. I really don't know how to feel. he could be faking right now for all I know. What a stupid liar.

A-chan: Typical Shion. She can't accept a compliment well from new people. If it was someone she knew better, she'd be asking for more praise.

Mio: Well at least they're on the road to working better. This is stop one from what I remember.

Y/N: "Eh? I thought you technically did. Sora said-"

Shion: "Well, maybe! But not for, y-you know, you! You dummy..."

Y/N: "Well, that is true. You made it for the new manager and not me in particular. But like any of the new managers you were expecting, I'll thank you just the same." She got a point.

Mel returns to the table with a large tray and warm tea. She carefully places a teacup in front of each of us before setting down the teapot next to the cake container.

Sora: "Yay, tea!"

A-chan: "Sora, please slow down. You've already eaten three slices."

Shion: "I should start charging you by slice, Manager hasn't even gotten two slices yet."

Mio: Is it bad if I've already had two slices?

Mel: "Save some for me."

After having their snacks they start a little questionnaire to get to know Y/N better. Y/N can answer any one of them questions, and so can they. But they made it a bit spicier. If both parties agree, they can ask a question that both have to answer.

Mio: "What was your minor in?"

Y/N: "I minored in marine biology, and majored in biology and graphic design.

Shion: "Eh? Why biology? Isn't that completely pointless for graphic design? They have no correlation what's so ever." *She giggles* "Seems our dear Manager-san isn't that smart, even with a degree."

Y/N: "While you may be correct, you're not right."

Shion: "Huh?" How does that work? How disappointing. I was expecting a lot more from him, how sad.

Y/N: "You're correct in the fact that graphic design and biology have no correlation degree-wise. But to me, they do. I wanted to make animals and such in VR. My passion project during college was a VR zoo simulator. I love animals."

Shion: "...Well... I can't argue with that. But I was still right, but also wrong? You're confusing."

Sora: "My turn. Who was your best friend throughout your childhood?"

Y/N: This is the question I was hoping to avoid. "I'll be honest, I was hoping this question wouldn't pop up. To be honest, I didn't have friends in school. Sure there were people I was friendly with, but it never went into anything of the such. It was even worse in college. Lots of people were telling me what I was wasting my time on a burnable degree for a company that would fire as soon as I walked through the door."

Sora: "O-Oh... Sorry for asking."

Y/N: "No, no. You weren't one of those people. You have nothing to apologize for, other than the fact you feel pity. It's not like I needed friends to get good grades, nor did I need any for any other reasons."

Mio: "I'm sorry, but that's really no good. I can't condone you feeling that way. It's unhealthy and makes me worry about your mental health. The last thing I need is for you to feel like your just an extra hanging around here. But you do not need to worry about growing close with anyone here, we're not going to leave you hanging."

Sora: "You should know, we're all here for you. We care about how you feel, just the same as everyone who works here. So please feel free to talk with us."

Mel: I guess not everyone has the luxury of even a single friend. Really makes me think.

Ayame: "Well your no longer in school anymore. So life can only go up or stay the same, and if you're doing well for yourself how you are... then there shouldn't be any cause for worry. But I can say that I'd be your friend!"

Y/N: Why are they being so nice to me? I guess it's normal to expect such a reaction. I guess starting with a friend should be the first step in getting better with my people skills. "Ah, sure. I wouldn't mind. I'd actually be appreciative of such an offer."

Ayame: "Then that makes me your second friend. The honor's all mine~" *She smiles*

Y/N: "Second?"

Shion: "Don't tell us you don't think of A-chan as a friend. You've may have only known each other for one day, but you both seem like the best of buds already."

Y/N: "That's fair. I mean, you're not wrong. Do you count us as friends, A-chan?"

A-chan: "If you're cool with it."

Y/N: "Well then, I've made friends in two days than in my life so far. That's a new record!"

Sora: "Congrats! But you know, any friend of A-chan, is a friend of mine."

Shion: "Enough of this friend stuff, he's supposed to be our boss, not our companion."

Y/N: "She's right. I should act more professionally. After all, I'm here to make sure all goes well. Work is my priority, but that's not to say that it's my main objective. Things change after all."

Mio: "A lot of things change if you give it enough time."

Mel: *She nods her head in agreement*

Sora: *She checks her phone* "Oh, it's about time I go. Terribly sorry, but I was going to get some strawberry milk and make something to eat today. I do hope we meet again soon. Bye!"

With that, she leaves in the elevator.

Mio: "That's Sora for you, she sometimes has trouble with time. But not as much as SOME people."

Shion: She's talking about me, isn't she. "Oi! That time wasn't my fault, to the other time. I set an alarm, so it's hardly my problem. It just so happen to not go off. How about yourself, you're sometimes late to collabs."

Mio: "A-Ah..."

Mel: "Backfired."

Ayame: "Crash and burn it goes. All that stored up confidence to waste."

Mel: "I'm surprised there's no smoke for how much was ignited."

Ayame: "I have a bucket if we need to put it out."

Mio: "Please stop..."

Mel/Ayame: "Hai!"

Shion: "A-chan is pretty good with time. So I have nothing there. How about you, manager?"

Y/N: "I usually make sure I'm on time. Though there are times where I allow myself to be late."

Shion: "Saying that you let yourself be late, doesn't mean you can excuse the fact you were lazy or forgot. Just admit you've been late before, everyone has."

Y/N: "Nah. That would mean you win, so I'd rather stick to my story."

Shion: "Boo! Manager is no fun! He's totally full of excuses. If you won't admit your faults normally, then how about a double truth."

Y/N: This is my chance to know more about her. "Alright, I accept."

Shion: "I'll go first.  Be honest now, did you look any of us up last night to get to know us better?"

Y/N: "Nope. I still have yet to watch a video."

Shion: "Then start with my channel, you'll see a lot of great content. I can't say the same fo-"

Mio: *She hits her over the head* "No lying! Slander is not allowed in the question game."

A-chan: What a lively group they are.

They continue for some time before the others go home and Y/N gets a tour of the office.

A-chan: "And that's the office for you. We don't plan to expand again for at least another year, so it should stay relatively the same.

Y/N: "Hai."

They work some on checking streams before it's time for them to go home. At home, Y/N heats up some ramen before going to bed.

Y/N: Maybe I should learn to cook after all. With my new salary, I can now afford stuff like that. I'll probably have to ask someone for tips. Who knows, maybe someone can teach me. Oh well, I won't dwell on that for too long.

He lay his head and goes to sleep. He has dreams of toads and a beautiful pond. It even reflected eleven of Saturn's moons.

A/N: What did you think? Did I do well? Anything that needs to be improved? I'm all ears. Before I end the chapter, I wanted to tell you something. Every chapter you can vote for how the next one goes, at least with the characters. The plot comes after, or during. I'm thinking about just making a chapter asking what you want to see, but I'm not sure. Either way, feedback helps a lot, so don't be afraid to hold back any criticism you have. That's all for now, as I have to finish some other chapters. I'll see you all later, and I hoped you enjoyed. -Yukikaze-sensei.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 1.3K 24
| 𝟏𝟐𝐱 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 | An ex-gamer enters a virtual reality ruled by a rebel AI in order to rescue her younger sister and shut down the death ga...
452K 10.3K 54
⚠️ [!!... STILL UNDERGOING (HILARIOUSLY SLOW) EDITING!!] ⚠️ Y/n L/n, a caring, popular, professional gamer, and a YouTuber, is streaming with 2k View...
85.4K 2.1K 31
Due to his father's job, Y/N L/N moves houses every few years. After moving once again, Y/N meets the girl next door and becomes friends with her, as...
5.1K 169 8
"Everything is just grey and monotonous... there was no color anywhere it's all just... pointless, there's no reason to keep going and yet I do... ch...