โฆ๐•ƒ๐• ๐•ค๐•ฅ ๐”พ๐•š๐•ฃ๐• - โ„๐•–๐•’๐••๏ฟฝ...

By Maiya_Dragneel

๐˜พ๐™–๐™œ๐™š๐™™ - ๐˜ฝ๐™ค๐™ค๐™  2 ๐™๐™–๐™ ๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฎ ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™๐™š๐™ง ๐™›๐™–๐™ข๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š, (๐™”/๐™ฃ) ๐™‚๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™š๏ฟฝ... More

ยซNoteยป
ยซPrologueยป
ยซ1 - The Beginningยป
ยซ2 - Moon Demon Companyยป
ยซ3 - Cursed Gearยป
ยซ4 - An Unlikely Pairยป
ยซ5 - Mikaela Hyakuyaยป
ยซ6 - Contracts and Demonsยป
ยซ7 - Hikariยป
ยซ8 - Mitsuba Sanguยป
ยซ9 - Despicable Humansยป
ยซ10 - A Noble Encounterยป
ยซ11 - Shinjukuยป
ยซ12 - Dangerous Drugsยป
ยซ13 - An Impossible Reunionยป
ยซ14 - Sinnersยป
ยซ15 - I'll Save Youยป
ยซ17 - Nightmare Interviewยป
ยซ18 - Familyยป
ยซ19 - Possession and Manifestationยป
ยซ20 - Taming a Demonยป
ยซ21 - Intentionsยป
ยซ22 - Krul's Sinยป
ยซ23 - The Truthยป
ยซ24 - Battle Preparationยป
ยซ25 - Punishmentยป
ยซ26 - No Longer Humanยป
ยซ27 - Nagoyaยป
ยซ28 - The Thirteenth Progenitorยป
ยซ29 - Hostagesยป
ยซ30 - I'm On My Wayยป

ยซ16 - Inviteยป

223 13 0
By Maiya_Dragneel

*JIDA, Second Capital - Shinjuku/One Week Later*

In the 'Spellcraft Research Library', Yuu and I sit at a desk going through dozens of books.

I sit on the desk while Yuu sits on the chair, lower than me.

I agreed to help Yuu find what he needed although, I have my own research I'm doing...

I look over to see as him reading a book titled 'A Study Of The Horrors Of Bloodsucking Creatures'.

I open the next book titled 'Experiment 7214'. It was hidden in the depth of this library where I'm sure only the higher ups knew where it was.

"Hmmm... Aaugh!! Another word I don't understand! Dammit, I didn't learn anything growing up in the vampire city. I suck at reading Kanji."

Yuu leans his head back as his hair follows in suit.

Why does he look like child Guren... Secret child theory...

"Yuu, which word is it? I'll tell you what it means." I say, taking the book.

As if Yuu has spaced out while I was talking, he suddenly mumbles 'Mika'...

"C'mon...! Isn't there anything here that says how to turn a vampire back into a human?" Yuu sighs.
"Eheh, I'll carry on looking." I say, going back to my book.

"Yuuichiro? (Y/n)? Back here again, huh?"
"Hm? Ah, Shinoa! I've been meaning to ask a question. Mind meeting me a bit later?" I ask, swiftly hiding the book.

"Oh, it's just you."
"It is! It's everyone favourite idol, the lovely Shinoa!"

"You? An idol? To who, two year olds you've saved?" I tease.

"Ahahaha! You know... I don't think your bed rest orders have been lifted yet. And there is that little promise you made before you passed out, may I remind you." Shinoa smirks for some reason.

"Promise? I don't remember much except saving Yuu." I say, earning a sigh.

"Cursed gear boosts the healing rate of its bearer, I don't need more bed rest. I'm totally fine!"

"That's not for you to decide, Yuu. And it wasn't even that..." I sigh.

It was because of that thing you became...

"Even what?"
"Nothing, I'm going to keep looking around in here."

Shinoa walks up to Yuu as I look through the shelves. She takes the book Yuu is reading out of his hand and grins.

"Again with the dirty books? Goodness! You boys and your hormones... 'Once a human transforms into a vampire'- Yuuichiro? Do you want to turn Mika back into a human?"

"Gimme that."
"What about you, (Y/n)? Whatever you want to know... If you care to hear what I know on the subject... I'll gladly tell the two of you." Shinoa offers catching both Yuu and I off guard.

"Ahah, that's really nice of you, Shinoa. Although... I think Guren will have the most information on this issue..." I decline kindly.

"Wait, I thought you were helping me out?" Yuu says confused slightly.
"Well, I'm multitasking?" I nervously laugh.

"Well anyway, tell me!"
"Ahaha! You're so cute when you're being polite to get what you want." Shinoa giggles.
"Shut up and tell me already!"

"First. Humans are only rarely transform into vampires. Unlike humans, vampires have a distaste for increasing their numbers. The most obvious sign of this... is that only vampire nobles are given permission to transform humans." Shinoa explains.

"So... that means some noble turned Mika into a vampire?"

"Yes. Now, it is said two factors determine a vampire's strength. The primary one is age however, the power of their distinct master also has a distinct influence."

"So given Mika's strength, it's likely a higher up noble..." I add, walking over to the pair.
"Yes. Do you have any ideas?"

"A high-ranking... vampire noble. Him...!" Yuu says with gritted teeth.

I know who you think it is, but it couldn't be Ferid Bathory... Mika was turned four years ago and if strength is determined by rank, Mika can already hold his own against Guren.

Being turned by Ferid, a seventh progenitor, means that you'd be a lower-ranked progenitor yet that strength is much closer to a higher rank...

"It's definitely her..." I whisper under my breath. Yuu doesn't hear that, but Shinoa does.

"From your reactions... I assume you know who did it?" Shinoa asks.
"Yeah." We say in unison.

"So you'll charge off to slay those hated bloodsuckers? I assume."

With a smile and full determination, Yuu replies to Shinoa's assumption with,
"Nah. Mika's alive. For now, that's all I need. Oh, but I do still really hate bloodsuckers."

"Haha, I agree. Charging off like that into enemy territory... would be suicide." I smile, wrapping an arm around Shinoa's short figure.

"Anyway, Shinoa. What do you know about turning vampires back into humans?" Yuu changes the subject back.

"Ah, well, that's too bad... You know... you've suddenly become almost mature! Is it because you now have a different reason to live? Or maybe you realised your reason to live might be here?" Shinoa says as she turns her smirking face to me.

"H-hey! I've always been mature for my age! And... I've always known that (N/n) is one of my reasons to live..." He mumbles the last bit.

"Yuu... Just as expected of my husband!" I tease, closing in on his face.

"Haha! You're so cute when you're flustered." I smirk.
"S-s-shut u-up!" He stutters, his face turning bright red.

"Ooh! I've never seen a rare flustered Yuuichiro! Teach me your ways, great master." Shinoa praises.

I back away from Yuu and walk closer to her with a large smirk on my face.

"Gladly~" I say as I watch Shinoa tense up.
"Wow, a rare flustered Shinoa! Never seen one." I tease.

"Why are you both talking like you're Pokemon trainers?" Yuu sighs in disappointment.

"𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚈𝚞𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚘 𝙷𝚢𝚊𝚔𝚞𝚢𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎 (𝚈/𝚗) 𝙶𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚎𝚏𝚒𝚎𝚕𝚍. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚓𝚞𝚔𝚞 𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚕 𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢. 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝, 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙿𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚈𝚞𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚘 𝙷𝚢𝚊𝚔𝚞𝚢𝚊 𝚊𝚗𝚍 (𝚈/𝚗)..."

"Huh? Does Guren want something with me?" Yuu wonders.
"No... The first office is only available for use of the army's high-ranking officers." I correct.

"How much higher?" Yuu asks, sceptical of the call.
"Much. In fact, I expect this summons is from the leaders of the Demon Army... The Hiragi Family. You had better go quickly." Shinoa worries.

"The Hiragi Family?"
"They are the heart of the religious group that gathered the survivors of the apocalypse... and organised the beginning of Japan's reconstruction." I add.

The families directly below the Hiragi are 'Sangu', 'Goshi', Jujo' and at the bottom... is Ichinose with the worst ranking although, that's changed ever-so-slightly since Guren has achieved a higher status.

"Wait a sec. isn't your last name 'Hiragi'?" Yuu asks, puzzled.
"If you tell me you didn't know, Yuu..."

"Goodness, have you finally noticed? Yes, I am indeed a member of that valued family. I am practically nobility in fact! Come, bow down and pay your humble respects to me, peasant." Shinoa quirks.

"You're so annoying."
"Haha, it's Shinoa after all. She is just so... unique!" I laugh.

"Ahaha! But anyway, all joking aside... Yuuichiro and (Y/n)... Members of the Hiragi family are, as a rule, exceptionally frightening people. Be careful, okay?" Shinoa warns us however, I can't help, but laugh.

"Hahaha... If you think they're frightening... I should be worried, no? But the thing is..."

I swiftly place a hand on Shinoa's shoulder from behind, having been on the other side of the room a moment ago and as my eyes flash a frightening red and my fangs bare,

"I can be much more frightening..."

"Ah! Y-you scared me... aha...haha... You really are frightening with power, but they have status. Although, you already know that." Shinoa catches her breath as I back away with an apologetic smile.

"I'm never pissing you off again. Anyway, what do these 'scary', 'noble' elites want with us anyway?"

"Who know? Perhaps they want to scold you for spending all day reading dirty books." Shinoa jokes.
"Shinoa~!" Yuu whines.

"The Hiragi family, huh? Geez."

«•»

I walk towards the first office alone as I had talked to Shinoa after Yuu left the library.

*Flashback*

"Aren't you going to follow Yuu?" Shinoa asks.
"In a moment, but..." I take in a deep breath, ready to ask the question. I open my mouth and...

"Oh my, are you going to confess your love for me, (Y/n)? Well, I could say 'yes', but there's also the possibility I'll say-"

"Damn you. I was going to ask you if you knew about Lambda 7214..." I sigh.

"Hm? You shouldn't know about that... but I guess you have your ways. I know limited information. Would you like to know...?"

"Yeah... I wanna know how the Demon Army could possibly know about that place if I'm being specific.

"Well, the Demon Army has never actually confirmed the existence of the facility. The only reason we believe it exists... is because two experiments have seeked refuge here who came from there as of this moment."

"Two...? Wait, but..."

'Two as of this moment'... meaning me and one other... Who?!

"Who is it?!" I panic, grabbing Shinoa by her shoulder.
"A-Ah... His name was unknown. He had a code printed on his chest like a trademark. That is all I know. I'm sorry, (Y/n)..."

"G-got it... Um, I'll get going now, haha... Thank you, Shinoa." I smile before turning to exit the library.

"U-uhm... the boy died shortly after arriving here, (Y/n). He died the day after, so the Demon Army didn't care to tell anyone about this. Rather, it was like the incident was forgotten. It happened two years before you arrived here. All the information I have disclosed was filed in the first office."

*Flashback End*

That sure is a major setback in my plans... Another one, huh...? I wonder what the result of his experiments were. If I want to know anything... I'll have to steal from the first class office...

As I continue walking, I see Guren waiting in the dark like a creep.

"Yo, Guren. Who are you stalking this time? Your tragic ex whose run away from the obsessive boyfriend?" I tease.

"Hmph, another one wagging their tail to the Hiragi."

"Please. As if I'd ever do such a detestable deed. I'd rather use this opportunity to steal a couple documents. You won't... tell anyone, will you, Guren?" I smirk knowing full well Guren won't tell a soul.

"Of course I would. What do I get in return?"
"Hmm, how about... nothing?" I smile innocently.

"Hahah! You know me well, kiddo. Better not get caught. I don't wanna lose another pet." He grins.

"Hah hah. Trying to tick me off won't work~" I sing, "So... how are you still walking around after getting such a wound from Mika?"

"Hah! It's a million years too early for a brat like you to worry about me. Go worry about your 'husband' instead." He laughs.

"Hmm, I might just throw him at you. That would be funny to see." I giggle.
"Piss off."

"Yeah, yeah, I know you care. I'll see you when I'm done stealing documents." I wave goodbye and leave for the office.

I walk away and towards the building as it stands tall over the Capital.

There are three main sections of different heights, all connected together. One stands as tall as a skyscraper while the second, in the middle, hangs in a low spot, sizing up to half the height of the height of the third section.

They're all made of glass, likely bullet-proof and curse-protected.

«•»

As I enter the building and step out of the elevator, I hear Yuu's voice talking to Mitsuba.

Being the easedropper I am, I stay behind a corner and listen in as they finish their conversation.

"I want... him back." Yuu trails, likely referring to wanting Mika back.

"... They're probably going to ask you about that in the interview. In fact, I've been ordered to keep an eye on 'two squad mates with suspected vampire ties'..." Mitsuba admits.

"Huh. So you're supposed to spy on (N/n) and I?"
"Yeah. They think there's the possibility... that you two could betray us."

"And what do you think about that?"
"I told them it was 'utterly impossible. Yuu's not the sort of person who has the brains or talent to deceive anyone. (Y/n) is smart enough to know not to cross you either.'"

"Ahahaha! Yeah, you'd say that. But Mitsuba?"
"Hm?"

Yuu walks closer to Mitsuba with only a small gap between their faces.

"Thanks for trusting me and (N/n). We trust you too."

"Yuu... Be careful. The Hiragi family... are really scary people." Mitsuba gives the same warning as Shinoa.

"Geez, everybody is saying that. What, is this office supposed to open up into, a house of horrors or something? But I already know nothing can scare me except (N/n)! Well... I guess I'll see how 'scary' these Hiragi are for myself."

"Yeah, if they try anything, I'll beat their asses!" I grin, approaching Yuu form behind.

"Hey, you finally caught up. Let's see what house of horrors has waiting for us." Yuu smiles back.

I place a hand on the door and push it as it creaks open, allowing light to creep into the lonely room.

I enter inside and see a starved vampire wearing a chain around its neck and ragged clothing of the bare minimum.

"...Human... Kill..." He mutters, glaring at us.
"Huh? What's a vampire doing in here?"
"Ah, I see how it is."

The vampire gets up and launches itself at me, yelling,
"Die, Human!!"

I unsheathe my blade, knowing the true intentions of this.
"Oh, how rude of you to say such a thing." I pout.

In a short moment, my blade cross the vampire's neck, killing it.

"Sheesh. What was all that about?" Yuu sighs.
"That was a test... meant to weed out traitors."

Three figures come out from the shadows.
"Ah, you're those higher ups, right? Sorry you didn't get what you wanted." I shrug.

"Ah, you're informed. I wanted to see if you would actually kill a vampire. Now there is at least one verifiable occasion with reliable witnesses... where you were seen to kill an unarmed vampire without hesitation. But only one occasion. Now, let's begin the interview." The black-haired man in the middle says.

He has short black hair as well as brown eyes and a uniform similar to ours, but not the same. Rather than having lime accompanying the black, his uniform has gold to replace the lime.

"Who are you?" Yuu asks, staying on guard.

"I'm Kureto Hiragi. Lieutenant General... of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army."

(2472 Words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 4.9K 25
โ˜…~--โ€ข--~โ˜… ๐€ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ž๐ค ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐›๐ฒ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ ๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ. ๐“๐จ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ญ ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž...
161 9 3
ษชแด› ส€แด‡แด˜สŸษชแด‡แด… ''yโ‚’แตค wโ‚’โ‚™'โ‚œ dแตขโ‚‘.. yโ‚’แตค โ‚›โ‚œแตขโ‚—โ‚— โ‚•โ‚แตฅโ‚‘ โ‚ โ‚˜แตขโ‚›โ‚›แตขโ‚’โ‚™ โ‚œโ‚’ โ‚ccโ‚’โ‚˜โ‚šโ‚—แตขโ‚›โ‚•.. fแตขโ‚™d โ‚œโ‚•โ‚‘ cโ‚•โ‚’โ‚›โ‚‘โ‚™ โ‚’โ‚™โ‚‘.. โ‚โ‚™d bแตฃแตขโ‚™g โ‚ โ‚™โ‚‘w โ‚•โ‚‘แตขแตฃ โ‚œโ‚’ โ‚œโ‚•โ‚‘ โ‚œโ‚•แตฃโ‚’โ‚™โ‚‘โ‚›..'' แด€ษดแดแด›สœแด‡ส€ ๊œฑแด˜แดแด‹แด‡ ส™แดœแด›...
4.8K 286 17
๐“๐จ๐ฆ ๐‡๐ข๐๐๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ ๐š๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐ค ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐œ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ. ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๏ฟฝ...
7.8K 239 21
"๐“๐ก๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ ๐ž๐ฑ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ?" เผ„๐™ธ๐š— ๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐šŒ๐š‘- แด€ แด›แด‡แด‡ษดแด€ษขแด‡ส€ แด›ส€แด€แด แด‡สŸs แด›สœ...