King Darius

By certifiedfreak

He was feared all over the kingdom. She was innocent. He was ruthless and cruel. She was kind and caring. The... More

WARNINGS⚠️
Prologue
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E

O N E

32.2K 865 424
By certifiedfreak

Crazy fact #1: Humans are also the only animals whose brains shrink

Third Person's P.O.V

King Darius was sitting on his throne, watching his dragon Kai who was acting restlessly. He was walking all over the throne room watching carefully the people inside it. Kai had jet black scales, shining like mirrors, and red blood eyes. The throne room was big enough so that the huge dragon wasn't cramped up and the people in the room weren't also too close to him. Everybody was scared as fuck of the humongous beast, known for its ruthlessness, and sometimes liked to snack on the people his master threw at him, so they knew better than to ever bother him or get his attention.

"Y-you majesty? M-may I?" One of his servants called out for him, trying to get his attention from afar as to not get too close to Kai.

Kai moved just enough for the servant to walk through and kept his gaze towards the doors, almost expecting something.

"The guards have arrived at the first village, your majesty" He bowed, before quickly turning around as he delivered the message, Darius had expectations of them like leaving him alone if he didn't explicitly tell them to stay after a message was delivered.

Standing up, he silently walked towards where the servants ran off to, walking past the slaves cleaning and the guards at the door, Kai following him. The castle was very big, it had high ceilings and broad, clearly made for a dragon to walk in comfortably. Finally walking outside Kind Darius got on the back of his dragon and Kai took off to the sky.

He always visited his kingdom from time to time, every year it was centered on a specific part of it and the first one on his list was a small village not too far from his castle but he always had to wait until his guards got there, since he would get there in a few minutes thanks to Kai.

King Darius might be just ruler but he was ruthless and liked having control over everything and that included his subjects. That's the reason he always visited around his kingdom, he couldn't let them forget or think he's gone soft. They all had to know that his word was the law and he expected them to do as they were told.

Kai arrived in less than the 20 minutes in comparison to the hours it took for the guards that were riding horses. Landing softly, Kai watched the village thoroughly with his crimson eyes, almost like he was searching for something but Darius ignored him. Even though he was the master of his dragon, Kai had a personality and a mind of his own, Darius couldn't exactly order him to do stuff, Kai was very lazy.

But the connection they had was beyond words, with one look they could understand each other and they both knew they would always protect each other's back.

Getting down from the loin of the obsidian dragon, King Darius placed a hand on the handle of his sword as a force of habit and walked towards his guards, who were already checking the village out.

The place had many small cottages, spread across the field, it had some stables with horses, some cows and pigs, and of course the market. Darius walked past every one of the houses on his way to the market and from the corner of his eye he could see the people bowing down and avoiding meeting his eyes, smirking he stopped just in front of the small place at the market where a villager sold fruits and vegetables.

Grabbing an apple, he took a look around, this time taking his time. The villagers were all looking down and standing very still just waiting for the next action of the king. Darius could practically smell their fear, he liked that and Kai also liked that. They should be scared. Taking a bite of the apple he took small steps, inspecting every one of the small stores in the market owned by the people that lived there when he heard a squeal of excitement and gasps of terror from the people around him.

"A dragon. He's so pretty. I'm gonna pet him" He heard the soft and young voice of a girl, full of excitement. Turning around towards the voice, he watched as a slim pretty girl, with soft features, an innocent but mischievous look in her eyes, and the fire-like-looking hair approaching his dragon. There was something about her that immediately caught his attention, tilting his head to the side he curiously watched the interaction.

The girl approached as though she knew him all of her life as if she had the reassurance he wouldn't hurt a hair in her pretty head. Smiling softly at him, she admired him for a few seconds, taking every last detail about the gorgeous dragon in front of her.

Raising her hand she moved a few steps towards him and left her hand hanging like she was expecting something. The dragon's red eyes were on her as he slowly lowered his head until his snout was touching her hand. Everyone gasped again as they watched the scary and cruel dragon let a common girl pet him.

She squealed again excitedly and confidently placed her other hand on his snout and started petting him, making cooing noises at him like he was a baby. The dragon seemed to be enjoying the attention because his tail started wiggling as though he was an excited puppy. The girl had to be very careful, his scales were very rough and hard, she cut herself if she wasn't paying attention.

"What's your name, pretty baby?" She crooned at him, making kissing sounds. The dragon snuggled further into her hands, almost touching her stomach with his snout, and made a loud purring sound. She looked around to watch his back and noticed a riding chair strapped on him. She was surprised but at the same time she wasn't, dragons don't go around villages but dragon masters were very rare.

She was too distracted to pay attention to the people in her village suddenly becoming quiet as to the gasps of horror and fear all around her and she failed to notice even more the big, scary, dominant man approaching her and the dragon.

She only noticed when the dragon acknowledged someone other than her. Still petting the gorgeous creature, she turned around and craned her neck to look up to the most handsome man she had ever seen.

He screamed power and dominance and she knew just by looking at him he liked controlling every little thing. He had a very defined jawline that looks like it cut through glass, his eyes an unnatural glowing yellow and long white hair but not like old white hair, like platinum white healthy hair and it looked like he took great care of his hair.

He stood at a height of 6'2 and was dressed in what looked like a warrior's outfit, black pants with holders for weapons and armor covering his black shirt. The sword in his holster shone when the sun touched the many expensive-looking gemstones.

The dragon simply looked at him, like saying 'oh, you are still here', and gave his attention back to the girl with soft features and ginger hair, demanding more pets.

She knew he had to be the dragon master, he had never seen that before in her life.

"What's your name, little love?" He asked her, his voice husky. She watched as he approached her, now her attention was on him. Even the way he walked was hot.

"Dove, sir" She answered politely, lowering her hands from petting the dragon and placed them in front of her. The dragon let out a growl, showing his annoyance at Dove for stopping to pet him.

The quiet but scary man raised a hand towards the dragon and it stopped its a tantrum and let out a quiet hiss but obeying. When he finally approached her, Dove was shocked at how he looked even more handsome up close. He lifted his hand and gently placed a small strand of her red hair behind her ear and grabbed her chin, making sure her attention was on him.

"Kai seems to like you" He stated, it didn't look like he expected an answer but Dove as always didn't what was excepted.

"He's very sweet" She smiled excitedly just thinking of the dragon and now she knew its name. Kai was a very pretty name for a dragon. His thumb and index finger were still grabbing her chin, all of his attention solely on her.

"Which one is yours?" The still unknown man asked and slightly nodded towards the cottages.

"Why should I tell you?" Dove asked, smirking. She was teasing him and I'd been so long he last felt as at ease as he felt right now and maybe it sounded silly or cliche but everybody was too afraid of him and she was refreshing. He leaned down towards her.

"I might punish you if don't" He whispered next to his ear, and straighten his back, and watched with satisfaction how her cheeks blushed furiously, not so cocky now, eh? But what he also noticed was the dilatation of her pupils and it gave away what she was thinking. Dove would like that very much.

"I'm not telling" She smiled innocently at him and leaned forward just how he did with her. "Good luck finding it" Her view as she leaned was of his perfect, luscious lips and she unconsciously licked her own lips just by thinking of what kissing him would feel like.

"What do I get if I find it?" He teased back, his thumb now caressing her bottom lip softly.

"A kiss" She shrugged like it was no big deal but her heart was raising and she wanted nothing more than for him to win the small bet they were going to have.

He smirked at her like he knew something she didn't and from the corner of her eye, she noticed how his hand lifted and then signaled towards the cottages and Kai quickly followed his movement, her eyes now following the dragon and she watched as he started sniffing the small houses. Gasping she turned around and accusingly pointed a finger at him.

"That's not fair" She pouted, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Life isn't fair, little pet" He said back, smirking, and then suddenly he had thrown her over his shoulder and walking towards where Kai was still sniffing. Dove let out a little squeak and started trying to wiggling down from his arms.

"Put me down" She ordered him but it was futile. And even as she was upside down a giggle still left her lips, it's been a long time since anyone made her laugh and she was enjoying herself as this mysterious dragon master carried her across the cottages trying to find hers.

She was abruptly taken down from his shoulder and noticed he was pointing towards what was her cottage, she turned to look at him as though she was confused about what that was but he was onto her and knew that was hers.

"Time to pay up" He told her just before he grabbed the back of her neck and pulled her lips towards his.

For a first kiss, it was everything Dove had imagined, there were fireworks, her belly was full of butterflies, she felt lightheaded but his lips felt like they were made for her, his tongue dominated the kiss and the hand that wasn't on her neck was on her hips, it was everything she had hoped for and more.

He pulled back, Dove was breathless and her cheeks were while he looked as calm as before but the small smile on his handsome face showed he enjoyed it as much as she did.

"Now, let's have a talk" He stated, Dove nodded, she was still a little hazed from the kiss and walked towards her cottage and she felt him follow her inside.

————-
WOO, first chapter!! Personally i loved it!! But what did u guys think?

If u r new, don't forget to check out The Mafia King, my other book🥰🥰, kay bye.

What did you think of Darius??

Thoughts on Dove?

Wasn't Kai the cutest?

Favorite part of the chapter?

Anything else can go here!!

Don't forget to vote⭐️ and comment💭 with all my love, certifiedfreak🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

463K 11K 26
This story takes place in medieval times, a cold-hearted ruthless king is obsessed over a young girl. The ruthless king captured the girl and brought...
357K 12K 42
Her past was a bit of a mystery. A close kept secret that she wouldn't dare utter to anyone. The chance of being vulnerable, to forcing her to actual...
5.3K 299 31
When Sabine's master decides to sell her as a magical slave, she thinks her life couldn't get any worse. That is until a terrifying dragon set his si...
31.9K 882 30
Pepper finds herself owned by a prince, her family had prepared her for becoming a pet, but never for being owned by royalty. they hadn't expected it...