Boyfriends

By PurplePillow

Five years down the road, Em left Blake when she caught him naked and next to a certain blonde. With her, she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 15

18.8K 590 108
By PurplePillow

This chapter is dedicated to my new readers :D Like those who started reading it... A few days ago. 

❤ Em's POV ❤

"Why would you pick this movie?" I bawled, and grabbed Mikaela's arm, hugging it tightly. Grabbing a handful of caramel popcorn, I rammed it into my mouth and chewed it with my mouth open while the salty tears dripped into my mouth.

"I didn't pick it! Randy did," She defended herself, and turned to narrow her eyes at her boyfriend, who was sitting on my left. He had half a chocolate bar in his hands, and was staring at us confusedly for a moment, before sudden realization hit him.

"Mikaela told me to choose what I thought was appropriate!" He shot a glare at Mikaela, and gave me the jazz hands.

"And, you thought The Notebook was an appropriate movie?" She shot back, her eyes narrowed. Then, they started bickering back and forth. Ah, that usual fighting of couples in love. It reminded me of.. Miles. A fresh new sheen of tears started forming as I thought of Miles.

Mikaela and Randy had practically been living with me for the past two days, in which I stayed in my dark living room with them, and watched movies with them. I knew I was being really selfish by making them take days off on their job, but I couldn't survive this alone.

"Randy! Give me a hug," I demanded croakily, and reached out towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck. His hugs were just so comfy. Randy wrapped his arms around me, and pulled me to him.

"Em, you can't do that," I heard Mikaela complain, and I rolled my eyes, sniffling loudly. Mikaela had extreme jealousy issues. One time, this girl at the restaurant we were eating at came up to Randy and talked to him, Mikaela went crazy. I tell you, Mikaela and a fork wasn't a good sight.

"To hell with that, I just need a hug," I mumbled, "He's all yours after this."

She sighed exasperatedly, and I could tell that she was probably running her hands through her hair in frustration, "I didn't mean it like that!" 

I heard light footsteps across the wooden floor, and then, the worst thing ever happened.

Mikaela pulled open the curtains. The light suddenly flooded in, and literally blinded me momentarily. Hissing loudly, I pulled the blanket over my head and used Randy as my shield.

"Em! Look at the sun," Mikaela's attitude changed a hundred and eighty degrees, "Did you even know that it was noon time?"

"Mikaela! She's still hurting!" I heard Randy hiss. He probably was trying to keep his volume soft, but his whispering was still really audible.

"No, this cannot continue. Look at her!" She pointed to me, a frustrated look on her face, "Her hair is uncombed, she hasn't showered for two days, she's wearing that hideous blue pajama that Miles bought her."

"Em, I stuck with you for two days," She bit out harshly, "But this is too much. You can't waste your life away!"

Randy shifted slightly, and turned to me, opening his mouth, "I hate to admit it, but Mikaela's right. You can't just become a pile of nothing because of him." Ugh, Randy, the one person I could count on to back me up, was stolen by his girlfriend. He was on the dark side.

"What else can I do?" I blubbered, the tears starting to blur my vision again, "Just go out shopping after a break-up?"

Immediately, I regretted mentioning that. The look that was on both Randy and Mikaela's face was identical. They were thinking about the exact same thing - it was actually freaking me out. An evil grin spread across their faces.

"Exactly." The both of them said at the same time, the identical devious grin on their faces. Oh no. I had seen this identical, evil look on Mikaela's face various times for the past few years. It meant bad news.

"Get ready Em, we're going out in fifteen minutes."

Somehow, she had managed to change me out of my onesie, gotten me to shower, brush my teeth and change into proper clothing. About ten minutes later, I was done. She had applied my make-up for me seeing as I hadn't bothered, and picked out my outfit.

We left the apartment after calling Elliot's babysitter to come over, and headed towards Randy's extremely expensive looking car. "Where are we going?" I questioned, but she ignored me.

I should've known what Mikaela was thinking. She was always obsessed with Glee, and when it had finally ended, she was heartbroken. One character she loved was Quinn. And, in season two or something, Quinn had gotten a hair cut because she was heartbroken. I should've known that Mikaela was going to get her idea from there.

After fifteen minutes in the car, I stepped out to face a white building with the words 'Just Perfect' printed in a humungous font printed on it. The light from the sun reflected on the shiny white building into my eyes, making my flinch. I should've brought my sunglasses.

"Let's go, there's no time to lose," Mikaela urged, and grabbed my elbow, dragging me towards the main automatic glass door.

It turned out that Just Perfect was one of those all-in-one spa/salon things, and they catered to manicures, pedicures, haircuts, and all that jazz. And, somehow, Mikaela had managed to bribe them to attend to me on a short notice. 

It was chaos; one moment I was standing at the counter, shaking my head to oppose Mikaela's crazy idea, and the next, I was dragged towards a black leather seat by two crazy hairstylists. I could hear Randy and Mikaela giggling childishly, and turned to give them my best 'how-dare-you' face. Unfortunately, the hairstylist grabbed my head with both of her hands and forced them to face the mirror in front of me.

"Don't move," She warned in a thick Scottish accent, "I'm analyzing your face and head shape."

I had a rush of deja vu - this definitely was familiar. I remembered the last time I had stepped into a salon as fancy as this. It was during my senior year, and Angel had brought me there to cut and dye my beautiful mustard hair. 

"Well, I have some hairstyles that may suit you," She used her foot to maneuvre the chair I was sitting on, so that I was facing her, "Would you like to colour your hair?"

I was just about to shake my head, when I heard both Randy and Mikaela yell, "Yes!" Oh gosh, please. No.

"Well, you can choose from the samples here." The other hairstylist handed me a big black book, and I started flipping through the sample pages to see which color I would like.There was the hazel brown - Miles' hair colour. Oh gosh, how I missed Miles. And, the other darker brown reminded me of his warm brown eyes.

"She'd like the light chestnut brown," Randy interrupted my thinking, and waved the stylist off quickly before turning to shoot me a sympathetic look, "Stop thinking about him. It'll make matters worst."

"I really can't help it. Everything here reminds me of Miles," I sniffled slightly, feeling the familiar prickling sensation behind my lids. If I cried, I would embarrass myself. No, I wasn't going to cry over someone who cheated on me.

"Try not to think about it, okay? Mikaela and I are going somewhere, we'll be back later," He sighed, and turned around to call over Mikaela. She had been talking to the Scottish stylist, and I found the situation really fishy. The last time I'd trusted somewhere to do my hair, they hadn't done it according to my wishes.

Waving good bye, I twisted back to face the mirror. The stylist came back, pushing a cart full of those hair stuff. "Don't worry about your hairstyle, I have the perfect one for you," She smiled at me, and I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. Fishy.

Miriam, the stylist, was actually a really fun person to talk to. Whilst she was cutting and colouring my hair, she told me about his life in Scotland and what led her to become a hairstylist. Apparently, her family had wanted her to become a lawyer, but she'd thought that it was a stuffy and boring job. Therefore, she saved up her money and bought a plane ticket, fleeing to America to fulfil her dreams. And, she was hired by this place.

Miriam talked to me throughout the painful process of cutting my long hair to about a shoulder-length, and dyeing it from my glorious mustard blonde to a brown colour. She even came up with a reason why brown was better than blonde - so no one could crack blonde jokes about me.

She also kept me company while the manicurist clean the cuticles of my nails, and painted them a nice baby blue colour, and by the time everything was over (about two and a half hours later), I was sure we were on our way to becoming fast friends.

Surprisingly, I liked my new hairstyle. Before it had been cut, I was absolutely sure that I would hate it, but it was actually really nice. My hair was a natural brown colour now, and cut at shoulder length, allowing it to curl slightly inwards into a natural bob. It made me feel good about myself. I almost forgot that just days ago, my boyfriend of about a year and a half had cheated and broken up with me.

Mikaela had told me that I looked good, and Randy had joked that he would've left Mikaela for me if he didn't love her so much. It meant that I looked good right? "So, what now?" I asked her as I paid the bill for my hair and nails. It was a whopping hundred and thirty dollars, and totally not worth it.

"You know, you aren't ugly at all. You're actually really pretty, and many guys would love to be your boyfriend," She said, smiling slightly at me. I cocked my head curiously - what was she implying?

"Like, I swear, in high school, billions of guys wanted to date you. Even I was jealous of you," She continued. Randy coughed awkwardly, and scratched the back of his head. "Even though I was more popular than you, and I had more friends and boyfriends, and I was a cheerleader-"

"Don't have to rub it in my face," I cut her off flatly, and squinted at her, "And, can you just cut to the chase?"

"I want you to know that you're my best friend, and that every single I do for you is to help you," She finished, her smile unusually big. She grasped my wrist with her small hand, and held onto to it like it was her life buoy.

"What are you trying to imply?" I scratched my cheek with my free hand confusedly, "You're talking aimlessly."

I scrutinized her, and watched as she looked uncertainly from Randy to me, and back to him repeatedly. Then, she took a big breath, and said hurriedly, "Ikindofsetupablinddateforyou."

"What?" I craned my neck so that I could hear better. Was it what I thought it was? My pulse increased noticeably, and I felt my sweat glands go into overdrive, "I think I heard you wrongly. You didn't set up a blind date for me, right?"

I could see a golfball of spit travelling down both Randy and Mikaela's throat, and she cleared her throat.

"I'm sorry Em, but I did."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello poopsicles:D

Sorry I haven't uploaded for about a month and a half. School started in January, and I've been sooooo busy. It's cool though. I uploaded today because I've got a tiny little break due to a celebration in my country :D

OKAY. I NEED TO RANT ABOUT SOMETHING.

I LOVE YOU GUYS WHO READ MY BOOK, I REALLY DO. BUT, AFTER AWHILE, IT GETS PRETTY ANNOYING WHEN YOU GUYS ARE LIKE 'UPDATE PLEASEEEEAJEIAWHTIOEHSITN EIVNY' OR LIKE SENDING ME SOME LAME DEATH THREATS. PURLEASE, DO NOT DO THIS ANYMORE. I APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS, BUT YOU CAN'T EXPECT ME TO UPDATE LIKE EVERY SINGLE DAY. I HAVE HOMEWORK, FRIENDS, AND A LIFE.

AND, PLEASE DON'T THREATEN ME WITH THE 'I'M GONNA STOP READING YOUR BOOK IF YOU DON'T UPDATE' THING. I DON'T REALLY CARE IF YOU STOP READING MY BOOK - I WRITE MY BOOKS FOR FUN, AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT ANYMORE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO ANNOUNCE IT TO THE WHOLE WORLD.

ALSO, PLEASE DO NOT PROMOTE YOUR BOOK ON MY PAGE, MESSAGE ME TO READ IT, OR COMMENT IT ON MY STORY. THAT'S PLAIN FRIGGIN RUDE. IF YOU WANT ACTUAL CRITICISM, THEN FINE. BUT IF YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO ASK FOR CRITICISM AND THEN CRY OR SOMETHING WHEN I TELL YOU THAT YOUR WRITING ISN'T GOOD, THEN, NO. JUST NO.

Okay, my rant is over. I had to let out some steam:D Hope you guys won't be so annoyed with me or anything. Errrr, please vote? I think this chapter really deserves votes :D I mean, like, I wasn't supposed to update for another two weeks, and I managed to upload today.

Comment nice stuff, vote, and poop:D

Have a good day. And, if you actually read this, I love you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

407 20 13
Jake, a handsome 19 year old boy who's parents died, so he now lives by himself, met Emily, a 17 year old, goody two shoes girl, who wants nothing to...
22.1K 540 110
Kristina's future has never been more certain. After a long journey of finding who she wants to be and what her life could be like, she's gained a w...
26.2K 548 18
Olivia, Sadie, Elle, and Tori have been best friends since middle school. Now that they have graduated high school they are super psyched about doing...
370K 15.1K 41
Their fathers are business partners, collaborating on an integrated school to keep the things they want to protect the most, from getting too suspici...