Playing Matchmaker

By summercalling

❝ One day your Prince will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for direct... More

Playing Matchmaker
Chapter One
Chapter Two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
Epilogue

chapter eighteen

157K 5.9K 2.4K
By summercalling

s h e ' s a s l e e p - a b - h o l d e r

_____________________________________________________________________________

Gif: creepy Nova

Video: song that brings out my inner gangsta

dedicated to @moreonzoe for her hilarious suggestion on the last line xD

dedi to my fave comment y'all <3

Hope you like this chapter, I'm sure you will ;) don't forget to comment your reactions mkay

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Well this is the perfect surprise," a very hot, steamy and half naked Tyler commented as he walked out of his bathroom. His hair was dripping wet, with beads of water rolling down his toned chest. Oh god, I wonder if he realises how much his chest affects me—or everyone in that context.

"But, it would definitely be better if you were naked," he winked.

I gaped at him, getting out of my awkward promiscuous position, and sat up on his bed which has the softest duvet on it. "You're such a boy," I wrinkled my nose, "So hormonal. I don't need to be naked, remember, because I'm irresistible with or without."

I think Tyler was half surprised at my not-so-subtle flirting, by the look on his face. He tightened his hold on the towel that was wrapped around his waist, slightly blushing as he realised the position he is in.

Oh, he is definitely just too cute.

I trailed my eyes down his toned chest—his boobies are very nice—and stopped at his abs. I love abs. Abs are god's gift to women. He has a subtle six pack. It isn't overly defined, but it's still there. If you look close enough, you can see every dip and plane of his muscles. Then, I trailed my eyes lower, slightly blushing as I realised how much of a pervert I am. Then, I saw his towel.

"DORA!" I burst out laughing at the towel that was wrapped around his waist. It was pink and orange with Dora's head all over it. "Oh my god, this is too good to be true," I wheezed, clutching my stomach as I laughed without any sound coming out. "Oh look, I'm growing abs from laughing so much."

"Shut up," he hisses at me, walking over to his bureau, assumingly to get out a pair of boxers. "It was the only towel left. Elsa stole all the towels to make a fort, and refuses to give them back. The only ones she left was Dora and Nemo."

"And you picked Dora over Nemo?" I began laughing again.

Tyler groans in reply, already thinking about his impending doom and incoming torture. He will never live this down. He opens up the top shelf, but a confused look hovers over his face. "Where are all my boxers?"

"Maybe Elsa took them?" I shrug innocently.

"Elsa can't even reach my top draw," he crosses his hands over his chest, momentarily forgetting about the fact that he had a towel wrapped around his waist.

The towel dropped.

"OH MY GOD," I screeched, "MY POOR VIRGIN EYES. I'M SCARRED FOR LIFE."

Too bad he was already wearing boxers under the towel. "What the fvck, where's your dick?" I sigh frustrated. I realise how horrible that sounds, covering my mouth with a giggle. My cheeks enflame with red hot heat.

"I could hear you in hear when I was in the shower," he rolls his eyes. "You're not inconspicuous at all. Plus, you kept on giggling to yourself about boxers and it was creeping the shit out of me. You were so excited to see it though," he laughs loudly.

I shrink down onto the bed, embarrassed out of my head. Okay, I may or may not have been excited. Rephrase: Yes, I was excited. Not because I'm obsessed or something, but its exciting okay? Like, I've never seen one before apart from the odd drawing or pictures in sex education, and my baby cousin's (but that is just wrong).

"I'm just going to die in a hole," I inform him as I go under his covers, throwing them over my head. His sheets smell exactly like him, and I make sure to take good whiff.

"You're smelling my sheets now?" Tyler laughs, "You surprise me every day, Nova."

"Thanks, booger."

I hear the sound of the draws opening and closing, and clothes being put on—much to my disgust—but refused the temptation to take a peak.

It's not good for my health. After all, I may die from an overload of hotness.

Tyler throws the sheets off me. I smile sheepishly up at him. Fortunately, he's not wearing a shirt, but unfortunately, he has grey sweatpants on that hang low on his hips, showing off his 'v' muscles.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, I could die looking at this sight.

"Let's play a game," he offers, sitting down beside me. I'm on the left side of the bed against the wall—it's the side of the bed that I always sleep on—while he's sitting on the right with his back up against the headboard.

"What are you? The creepy guy off saw, now?" I shudder slightly. I hated that movie. The person that said it also gave me the creeps. Horror movies aren't my forte.

"Oh, shit," he gasps loudly, "You know my secret."

I roll my eyes at him. He hasn't even asked about why I'm here—I kind of want him to, because then I can tell him that I wanted to switch the gender roles in relationships and do the sneak—into—girlfriends—room through the window thing.

"Anyway, twenty questions?" I nod enthusiastically.

The game twenty questions is old and stereotypical, but truth or dare is even worse and never have I ever requires alcohol. I've played twenty questions quite a few times before, but the questions all borderline on who do you like or have you had sex yet? They were the typical middle school questions.

"Okay, I'll start first." Tyler throws his duvet over his body and lies back onto his pillow on his left side. My breath hitches as he stares me straight in the eyes, since I'm lying in the same position as him, except I'm on my right side facing him. Our faces have got to be only ten centimetres away from each other, since his bed is only a double. "What's the thing you hate most?"

I think for a second. I hate Tyler's brother; I also hate Hayden and Allie. "Mayonnaise," I gagged at the thought of it. I hate mayonnaise so much, it takes horrible. I don't like egg in general, so mayonnaise is way out of the question.

"I would've thought it'd be Hayden," he laughs, "But I guess mayo is scarier than him."

I poke my tongue out at his teasing. "Cats or dogs? If you say dogs, I'm going to leave and never return."

"Lucky for you then, cats."

We continue asking questions for an hour or so, asking way over 20 questions—but who does 20 questions properly anyway. Tyler had stuck to the safe questions, while I was asking random stupid things like if he ever envisions someone eating whipped cream off his body.

That someone would totally never be me. Pssh, I would never.

"Have you ever fallen in love?" Tyler dared to ask me.

I gulped. "I didn't love him," I paused slightly, "I loved the concept of him. There's a great difference between the two. One is where you want to spend the rest of your life devoted to him, while the other is when you love the sound of your names together. Like, you only cared about whether people saw that you were together. I think that if you love someone, you shouldn't care about what other people think. That's what's wrong with relationships nowadays."

Tyler gaped at me, before finally speaking up, "That was deep."

I shrugged, "I am Matchmaker, after all."

"True," Tyler laughs.

"What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you," I grinned mischievously.

Tyler is good at getting himself into awkward situations, so I'm sure that his most embarrassing situation would be hilarious.

Tyler groans, "I was hoping you wouldn't ask that question."

"Spill," I propped my body up with my elbow on the pillow so that I could look down at Tyler. He watched me slowly, observing every movement. I nearly blushed.

"Last year, my Aunt Dallas came over for Thanksgiving, along with tonnes of other random relatives who I'd never met before. Well, she thought it would be hilarious to make it look like I shit myself by smudging brownie onto my ass. I will NEVER live that down," he cringes, "My whole family thinks I shat myself, while my Auntie was giggling in the corner all innocently."

I burst out laughing. Oh my god, he 'crapped' himself at Thanksgiving a few years. That's a story I will definitely not forget about. "Your Auntie sounds like my favorite person ever!" I snort, "What did everyone say?"

"Mum was rushing around trying to pull my pants down so that she could wash them. In front of everyone," he rolls his eyes, "I'll never forgive her for that. Nobody believed me either!"

"I wouldn't have believed you either," I giggle slightly, staring at him straight in the eyes. His eyes are one of his best features. They're the most captivating colour of green and gold I've ever seen. I could look at the all day. "Your turn," I breathed out, to avoid the silence we had slipped into.

I never have coped well in silences. Except, it was so natural and nowhere near awkward. It's funny how with Tyler, we rarely ever have awkward silences. Maybe it's because we always have something to talk about, or because we don't need to talk to each other the whole time to have fun.

And, before I knew it, I was drifting to sleep with the melodic sound of Tyler's voice rambling on about his theory on the unicorn's existence.

_____________________________________________________________________________

I woke up with my head on something hard—but soft at the same time. Something was ticking my nose, and it was really annoying me.

Mhfm, I huffed as I tried to get whatever it was that was tickling me off.

My nose had been engulfed in an intoxicating smell ever since I woke up, same as the weight on my waist. I'm way too comfortable to get up, or move in general.

I took a deep breath, drawling out the air from my mouth.

I heard a groan that definitely didn't come out of my mouth. What the fuck? I peeked out from under my eyelashes, only to see a face approximately an inch or two away from mine. Once I blinked away the bright light, I could tell that it was Tyler who I was sleeping next to.

Holy fudge.

I slept with him didn't I? My memory is all foggy, and I'm too tired to try and remember last night's events. "Oh mis pepitas de chocolate (oh my chocolate nuggets)," I breathed out, giddy at the sight of him sleeping next to me.

His mouth was agape and blowing out long drawls of air every second, light snorts escaping his mouth with every exhale. That would explain the tickling sensation, I thought to myself.

His body was pressed up against me, with his arm wrapped around my waist securely and tightly. He's hugging me like I'd hug a teddy bear after a bad dream. So he's a cuddler, I grinned at the thought. I know I am—I'm also a demonic sleeper—but it's so much cuter knowing that Tyler is one also.

I didn't want to move though.

I was comfortable, and I felt safe and secure in his arms.

Oh, he probably thinks I'm so creepy. How embarrassing. But when I looked at his sleeping face, I nearly melted. His long, dark eyelashes cast shadows under his eyes, while his lips were agape and there was noticeable drool on his cheek.

He is drop dead gorgeous.

His hold on my waist tightened, and I let out a surprised squeak at the feeling. Tingles were running all around my body. What alarmed me most was what my hands were doing.

I, November Rain Lockheart, touch people's abs in their sleep. Could I get any creepier?

My hands were rested on his stomach, and let's just say that I am not unimpressed. His stomach was hard and chiselled under my fingers and I resisted the urge to 'mwahahaha'. I do feel pretty honoured; after all, I am touching the 'bad boys' abs without him even knowing.

Oooh. Feisty.

I didn't even realise that I'd been stared down at his chest, until I raised my eyes to his face again.

"Turtles!" I squealed loudly. Tyler had been watching me the whole time. His eyes were opened, except he looked drowsy as all hell.

Just woke up, still cute tho.

"Cake Batter," Tyler spoke. Except, his voice was husky and deep from just waking up.

Oh god, could he get any hotter? Seriously.

"Booger," I blushed furiously. "What happened last night?"

"Uh," Tyler scrunches his face up in confusion. It's even hotter close up. "You fell asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake you up, then I fell asleep." He smiles sheepishly, but has made no effort to let go of my waist.

Not that I'm complaining or anything.

"Oh—kay," I sing-song because I have nothing else to say. "Fudge! Tyler we have school today."

Tyler's eyes widen and he immediately jumps off the bed. All heat was lost, and I felt cold and empty without him right beside me but I didn't complain because I knew it had to end sooner or later. He shuffles around in his wardrobe to find clothes, completely forgetting about me, until I felt a felt a shirt being thrown at my face.

I splutter to throw away the shirt, "What was that for?"

"Put that on, hurry up," he speaks in a rush, "Can I have my boxers back?"

I pout, "Nope."

Tyler turns around, still in his sweats without any shirt on. "Nova," he bites his lip, knowing is has an effect on me.

"No, do not do that," I hiss, "That's not fair!"

"Neither is you stealing all of my boxers," he groans, running a hand through his messy brown hair. It was the definition of bed-hair, sticking up in all directions, but the look suited him. It was a less tame version of his usual hair.

"Fiiiine," I give in, "They're all in my bag. Why do you want me to put this shirt on?" I fondle the shirt in my hands, a plain black tee that I'm sure I'd seen him wearing before.

"Because," he enunciates the word, "We are kind of late for our Chemistry exam."

Oh. Ohhhh. I knew there was something I forgot about.

"Can you turn around?" I bit my lip lightly. No way am I getting changed in front of Tyler. He complies, turning to go through his wardrobe again. I throw the shirt that was on me now off, and fix up my bra which was sitting in an awkward position from sleeping, then put the plain shirt over my head.

Except, my head gets stuck and I have to yank the crap out of it to get it down.

I huffed lightly once I'd finally gotten it on, getting off the bed while Tyler pulled his jeans up. Kind of funny how we get dressed in the same room now . . . hey? I still had my inappropriate boxers on, so I definitely couldn't go to school like that.

"Wait," I paused, "I need my schoolbag."

"Exactly," Tyler said as he put his shirt on, now facing me. "Run into your house, put some shorts on and grab your bag."

"What about the shirt?" I challenged with a smirk.

"You look hot in my shirt," he shrugs nonchalantly.

I choke on air, "Wow, a compliment from the Tyler Bradford. I feel honoured. What do I get in return for wearing your shirt all day?"

He ponders for a second, "I will buy you whatever you want for lunch today."

Now that is an offer I cannot refuse. "Do I need to even say more?" I laughed, "Of course. Anything for an unlimited food supply! I also want some cake batter ice cream this afternoon," I sigh longingly. "So we need to stop at Costco, because they sell the best cake batter ice cream."

"Of course, your majesty," Tyler bows, "You have to live up to your name, after all."

I roll my eyes. Tyler grabs his bag, I grab my bag—which isn't full anymore because he took out the boxers, unfortunately—and then we walk downstairs to the kitchen. Tyler grabs two apples and throws one at me. I fail to catch it, so it hits me square in the nose.

"Oww," I rubbed my nose, which was now tingling with pain. I have a high pain tolerance, but having an apple thrown into your nose happens to hurt like a bitch. We both go outside to his car, which was finally out of the shop. He had gotten it back two nights ago, that's how he got to school yesterday, since I didn't pick him up because he wasn't there in the morning.

I run across the road, open the door with the spare key and race upstairs to get my stuff ready. I grab my bag which was on my bed, and got changed into my blue skinny jeans with the bottoms rolled up to the middle of my calves and white low-top converse, leaving Tyler's shirt on.

I didn't bother with perfume, but sprayed deodorant under my arms and brushed my teeth in a matter of thirty seconds. I threw my hair up into a ponytail while I was running downstairs, and raced outside and back to Tyler who was waiting for me in his car.

I love his car. It's a black sports car which he and Nate had fixed up as it was a ride-off when they first got it. Apparently it was some celebrity's car, but they crashed it and weren't bothered to fix it, so Tyler had bought it from the car depot for little to no cash. It only need a new windscreen, tires and the hood fixed, which was easy enough for the two to do since they'd always been obsessed with cars.

"I made it," I exclaimed, out of breath as I jumped into his car. Tyler was tapping away on his phone, and when I sat down, he immediately locked it and shoved it down his pocket. "I hope we didn't miss that Chemistry exam, Mr Holston is so strict on exams."

"Nah," Tyler swerved out of the driveway and took off down the street at a much faster speed than what Nate or my mother's car could do. I nearly clutched onto my seatbelt it was that fast, but I lived for thrill so it didn't bother me too much. "Chemistry is third period, and we have fifteen minutes until we have to be there."

I nodded in reply. Since it was Wednesday, I had English, Spanish, Lunch then Chemistry. Hypothetically speaking, Tyler and I slept in three hours late.

Tyler continued speeding to school, making it there in record timing. We settled into comfortable silence as we walked to the office to get our late slips. After we both got them—our excuse being that our car broke down, they will never know—we continued our way to Chemistry, which was in the middle of the school. The shrill bell blasted its annoying tune as we were half way there, so students poured out of classrooms, making it difficult for us to manoeuvre our way to next period.

We both sat down in our seats—conveniently next to each other—with an exhausted sigh. Then, Eli had to come along and sit in front of us. It was expected, after all, since the teacher had set this as our seating plan.

"So," Eli smirked, "Was the sex good?"

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for the 130k reads, the 3k votes and 1k comments, I'm so freaking proud! And might I add that PM got to #91 Teen Fiction. Yeah, we are #killinit.

I hope you liked this chapter <333

thanks for the reads, votes, comments and support muchachos xoxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 632 18
Nova Pierce has recently moved in with her aunt to finish her senior year in high school and transferred to a new school. Not disclosing her upbringi...
249K 8.2K 45
[this book is going to be DELETED SOON!!] When brothers Cade and Keegan Stone transfer to a new high school, they're quickly showered with endless at...
315K 10K 37
❝ One day your Prince will come. Mine just took a wrong turn, got lost, and is too stubborn to ask for directions. ❝ Nova Lockheart is tired of being...
116K 7.7K 52
"What did you think would happen?" I asked. "That we could spend every day together, hugging, holding hands, arguing, doing whatever it is I do, and...