A Collection of my Writer's G...

By Soft_Serve7

This is a mixture of my writer's games entries. I can't just leave them forgotten. I like to see how I have d... More

The Tributes
Carnival Games: Form (Maxine Carlos)
Carnival Games: Task 1 (Maxine Carlos)
Carnival Games: Task 2 (Maxine Carlos)
Carnival Games: Task 3 (Maxine Carlos)
Carnival Games: Task 4 (Maxine Carlos)
Carnival Games: Task 5 (Maxine Carlos)
Carnival Games: Quarter Finals (Maxine Carlos)
An Ending for Maxine Carlos
Misfortune: Form (Tessa Whitlens) D7
Misfortune: Task 1 (Tessa Whitlens) D7
Misfortune: Task 2 (Tessa Whitlens) D7
Misfortune: Task 3 (Tessa Whitlens) D7
Misfortune: Task 4 (Tessa Whitlens) D7
Misfortune: Task 5 (Tessa Whitlens) D7 *Semi Finals*
Misfortune: Task 6 (Tessa Whitlens) D7 *Finals*
Misfortune: Results and Awards (Tessa Whitlens)
Misfortune: Form (Aaron Cooper) D10
Misfortune: Task 1 (Aaron Cooper) D10
Misfortune: Task 2 (Aaron Cooper) D10
Misfortune: Task 3 (Aaron Cooper) D10
Misfortune: Task 4 (Aaron Cooper) D10
Misfortune: Task 5 (Aaron Cooper) D10 *Semi Finals*
Misfortune: Task 6 (Aaron Cooper) D10 *Finals*
Misfortune: Results and Awards (Aaron Cooper)
Mall Mayham: Form (Rosella Monty)
Mayhem: Task 1 (Rosella Monty)
Mayhem: Task 2 (Rosella Monty)
Mayhem: Task 3 (Rosella Monty)
Mayhem: Task 4 (Rosella Monty)
Mayhem: Task 5 (Rosella Monty) *Quarter Finals*
Mayhem: Task 6 (Rosella Monty) *Semis Final*
Mayhem: Task 7 (Rosella Monty) *Finals*
Mayhem: Results and Awards for Rosella Monty
When in Rome: Form (Tyber Mitango) D1
When in Rome: Task 1 (Tyber Mitango) D1
When in Rome: Task 2 (Tyber Mitango) D1
When in Rome: Task 3 (Tyber Mitango) D1
When in Rome: Task 4 (Tyber Mitango) D1
When in Rome: Task 6 (Tyber Mitango) D1
When in Rome: Task 7 (Tyber Mitango) D1
When in Rome: An Ending For Tyber Mitango
Video Games: Form (Gwen Minty)
Video Games: Task 1 (Gwen Minty)
Video Games: Task 2 (Gwen Minty)
Video Games: Task 3 (Gwen Minty)
Video Games: Discontinued
Downworlders: All Entries (Messidina Perlyne)
Hourglass Games: Form (Maisy 'May' Bellon) D10
Hourglass Games: Task 1 (Maisy Bellon) D10
Hourglass Games: Task 2 (Maisy Bellon) D10
Hourglass Games: Task 3 (Maisy Bellon) D10
Hourglass Games: Task 4 (Maisy Bellon) D10
Hourglass Games: Task 5 (Maisy Bellon) D10
Hourglass Games: Task 6 (Maisy Bellon) D10
Hourglass Games: Task 7 (Maisy Bellon) D10 *Quarter-Finals*
Hourglass Games: Task 8 (Maisy Bellon) D10 *Semi-Finals*
Ribbons: Leonardo Nitel (AnonymousRice4)
Race Through Time: Alina Grenald (aka-anonymous's games)
Sebastiano Radleau: Task 1

When in Rome: Task 5 (Tyber Mitango) D1

4 0 0
By Soft_Serve7

When I woke up – I immediately knew something was wrong. Last night’s earthquake had left us all shaken and we were surprised that the Cornucopia was still standing. And as I walked past the supplies and out of the mouth of the golden metal – I saw what had happened.

Everything was gone. Well, that’s an exaggeration – every piece that made the arena like Ancient Rome had disappeared. The Colosseum was missing. The ruins of statues and marble columns had disintegrated, leaving no trace behind. We were left in a barren field with the occasional tree and a few rises and dips in the land. What was going on?

I had no idea what the Gamemakers planned to do – maybe we were just meant to kill everyone off in this place. But, let’s face it – that would be cinch. With barely any competition and our huge alliance – no one would offer a challenge, with the exception of Rex who, I was pretty sure, was on steroids.

I wandered back into the Cornucopia and woke up my so-called allies. I nudged Eden – the only other boy – with my toe. His sword shot up but he realised it was just me and stood up.

“We’re going to go hunting,” I told him. His seemed less eager once I said that – I had my reasons to believe that he was forced to volunteer, like me, but didn’t particularly like killing tributes. But he nodded his head silently anyway. And as I made my way back to the clearing – I purposely made lots of noise to wake the others. They were already stirring since the sun was rising. I leant against the golden metal – playing with a dagger.

“Anyone want to hunt?” I asked loudly.

“For food?” Phae replied giggling. I rolled my eyes – seriously, her actual self must be getting really dumb because you can’t act like that for so long.

“How about you, Valarie?” I said, her eyes whipped up to meet mine, “Want to rip someone’s throat out?”

“Always!” she answered eagerly. She is such a bloodthirsty child.

“Nixie?” I called and jumped as she appeared beside me. She had a hungry look in her eyes – that meant her other self – Trixie – had taken over.

“I’m gonna rip out their intestines and hang them from a tree!” she murmured to herself. Okay…. I was a little weirded out by here comment. Suddenly, a huge boom of thunder rang out – I swear it shook the ground. I didn’t recall seeing the lightning but suddenly lightning and thunder came all at once. I felt myself get shocked as the echo of the bolt hitting the metal clanged. I fell down cursing loudly. Then I felt a falling sensation. So this was the end? The Gamemakers making me fall to my death. But I slowed down until I landed in front of an altar.

Flames made the shadows dance eerily around the cavern, I shuddered but then saw the beautiful blade on the altar. It was hypnotizing. I felt the temptation – and I gave in. Picking up the sword in my hand, I immediately felt glued to it. It throbbed in my hand like a second pulse – then I heard a whispering voice. Saying a name over and over.

Pluto.

It was spooky. Then I realised where I knew the name – The God of the Underworld. I remember reading about him. Nevertheless, I had every right to be creeped out. This God was the man who controlled the Underworld – he was the reason for death. Diamond spikes rose from the ground around me, encasing me in a cell. It occurred to me that he was going to kill me – but how could the Gamemakers do that? They have to put on a show, right?

I jumped back – hitting the diamond bars with force – as a man appeared out of nowhere. He had black hair with matching eyes – he seemed possessed. He held a staff in one hand, and in the other a wreath of bones. I shivered at the thought of wondering where he got them.

“What do you want?” I said, keeping my voice even.

“I think it is you, who is in need of wanting something,” he replied in a deep voice that held authority and power. I hated it when people talked in riddles but I shrugged it off.

“And what exactly do I want?” I crossed my arms like a child. If he thinks he can scare me – he thought wrong.

“Power. You can get rid of anyone you want. I am offering my powers up to you until the sun or moon is in the middle of the sky.”

“And what powers would I get?”

“This helmet allows you to melt into shadows and pass through walls. While wearing it you cannot be touched, seen, or heard, and you can radiate fear so intense that it can drive a person insane or stop their heart. You can control the dead – make them do anything you want, you can control the darkness and the shadows and transform into demonic creatures. You can move all the riches under the Earth, shall I go on?” he seemed to be mocking me as the smirk tugged on his mouth.

“You can do whatever you want?” he added as I measured this up. There would be no harm in trying, maybe it’s fake – maybe not – but I would try it.

“I think I can manage that,” I said, still not meeting his eyes. I was going to try out everything he said.

“Don’t waste my power then,” he grinned and I suddenly felt power surge through my veins. It hurt, at first. I thought my body was going to explode and when I examined my hands and arms – my veins had turned black. My chest started to burn, I gritted my teeth but it didn’t stop the moan that came out. Then the pain subsided and I was left with the feeling of supremacy. I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face.

I didn’t realise Pluto was gone until I saw the diamond bars had disappeared and on the black alter lay his helmet. I still held his sword in my hand and gently slid it into my sheath. I turned the helmet in my hands – Helm of Darkness was what is whispered to me. I slid it on my head, surprised by how light it was compared to when I held it.

‘This helmet allows you to melt into shadows and pass through walls’

I jumped up and was amazed to find myself floating. I thought about heading for the ground – not even for a second – but I felt myself get propelled there immediately. When I got above the ground, it was midday already.

‘...you can control the darkness and the shadows…’

I turned the day into night and enclosed shadows upon the arena. Then I felt a small heartbeat in my ears – it was beating quicker and quicker. I followed the sound until I reached a small boy who I knew to be Mango. He held a small arrow and had wings on his back. Despite the wings, he was wandering around in circles talking to someone – even though no one was there. I shrugged and went down on the ground.

‘While wearing it you cannot be touched, seen, or heard, and you can radiate fear so intense that it can drive a person insane or stop their heart.’

I stood there for a moment and flew straight threw the small boy. Now to test the fear! The Helm of Darkness radiated the fear so much that I could sense it. Mango froze in his tracks – his heart beat faster and faster until he burst out in an insane cry and clawed at his ears and body until he drew blood. He rolled on the ground until suddenly – he froze. I could still hear his heart but it was going at an incredible rate. Then his body convulsed before everything went still and silent. The canon boom signaled his death. Who knew killing could be as simple as this?

‘You can control the dead – make them do anything you want…’

I was testing out this newfound power when I saw Rex sauntering along. He had an ominous glow about him and for a moment I wondered if he too had the power of a god. Suddenly a burst of fire appeared in front of him and Eden – Eden!? – appeared out of the ground about 5 times his regular size. Rex jumped back, a little startled, and he grew to the same size. Suddenly the hammer he held in his hand flew up until it hit the force field of the arena. Lava oozed out from the ground at an incredible speed and burnt Eden. I didn’t have a clue why I wasn’t helping him when I had an army of zombie ghosts with me. I flew forward, then remembering they couldn’t see me, I went straight into Rex’s body. Fire surged through his body, but with this Helm of Darkness, I was safe. His heart was beating as the flames licked around it, acting like a shield. A thought suddenly struck me – definitely Pluto’s idea. I found myself sucking the souls out of demon’s bodies and stuffing them inside his flaming heart. I had no idea how many I put in but they obviously had an effect. His heart turned grey and his blood was a yucky black mist. I flew out of his body to see him turning slowing into a stone. They cracks ran down him – his arms, legs and back. His cries made my eyes throb, fire and souls fell out of his eyes like tears and they must have been hurting because he sounded unbearable. I got out Pluto’s sword and slowly drew it across his neck – leaving a crack. His head made a snapping sound before it hit the ground and disintegrated into ash and dust – along with his body. Boom! I took my helmet off so Eden could see me. I noticed the flames that danced in his eyes – Mars. The God of War. I felt a wave of jealousy but I did like Pluto’s powers. I put the Helm of Darkness back on, in search of another tribute.

It wasn’t long until I came upon one – as well as my ally.

Jonah was wielding a scythe against Phae – who was whisking bits of the Earth to him but the scythe – which must have been incredibly powerful – just kept breaking them up. My army of the dead was trailing behind me but I was focusing on the battle between them. Jonah raised his scythe to hit Phae – with a fatal blow – but suddenly a chunk of diamonds rose up to stop him. I realised that it had been me. Phae turned and smiled at me – she shouldn’t be able to see me but she must have had a very powerful goddess’ powers. The Earth – Gaia. It made sense. Jonah was trying to get the scythe out of the diamond block and I used the advantage to get down and make my army of dead overrun him. He shouted obscenities at no one in particular. I felt something inside me take control. Pluto! The zombie army held Jonah to the ground and I heard the words come out of my mouth.

“Fill him with dirt!” I ordered. Phae grinned evilly and start on making a fountain of dirt and rock which landed in his mouth. Pluto forced sharp diamonds and iron ore in too, just to make Jonah’s death more painful. Pluto made me fills Jonah’s body with spirits – I didn’t know why until I saw Jonah’s body inflating. Phae laughed maniacally. I was worried where his organs would go. Jonah was like a balloon and he was almost the size of the Justice Building when his skin ripped apart and his body exploded. Dirt, rocks, iron, diamonds, blood and organs rained down on us. Phae made a roof of rock over us but it didn’t stop one of Jonah’s feet – which look like a saggy flap of skin with a bone in it – from landing on my arm. A canon boomed for his death. The shower of numerous things stopped after a few seconds and for some reason, I burst out laughing. I don’t know whether it was to keep up my act, or just because I was in part shock of what had just happened.

Suddenly the power that surged within me faded and the sword and helmet disappeared. I looked up in the sky to find the moon was midway. I frowned. It was fun having powers for a bit.

“I didn’t think that exploding him would work,” Phae said, studying the intestine that lay at her feet.

“I didn’t think that getting powers would work,” I smiled at her.

“Whatever, thanks for the help. But I didn’t really need it,” she said. I was about reply when I was cut off by a loud scream. It came from above us and then something hit the rock the was still in place. A canon boomed. I raised an eyebrow at Phae, and I followed her to climb up. Jaiden’s body was as flat as a pancake.

“Maybe he was flying,” I suggested my thought aloud. He must have been flying very high and it was pretty unlucky that he hit the rock.

“That means our alliance is left,”

“You think the others have figured that out,” I asked,

“There dumb as doorknobs, maybe even dumber.” Phae laughed, “I’m not letting them get in the way.”

“Should I be scared?” I teased, pretending to look worried.

“Maybe,” she flashed a smile before she spun on her heel – her blonde hair bouncing behind.

“Phae,” I called, jogging to catch up and then keeping pace with her, “I know I didn’t talk to you much at Career school, but I barely know a thing about you.”

“Why do you care?” she eyed me curiously,

“I don’t know,” I shrugged, running a hand through my hair, “I feel like I should know something about you.”

“Like what?” I could feel a slight smile in her voice.

I think for a moment. “Your favourite colour.”

“Really?” she laughed, “Okay, its gold. What about yours?”

“Makes sense, you wanting first place and all,” I teased, “Mine is green, but I still would have thought you’re more of a pink person,”

“That’s odd, I thought you were into pink since you dress like a girl.” Phae teased.

“Since when do I dress like a girl?” I crossed my arms,

“Come on, I remember in the first year of training school and you turned up in what the girls were meant to wear.” She glanced at me to see my reaction, but wore a smirk on her face.  

“You remember that?” I said softly. Stalker or what? I couldn’t help the small smile on my face.

She coughed to hide her face, “No! I barely even remember it!” But from the moonlight: I could see her cheeks had gone red. I barely remember that day because it was so embarrassing, but I was surprised to know that Phae – of all people – could recall what had happened. I made her stop so I could talk to her alone, the Cornucopia was within view.

“Do you like me?” I asked with curiousity,

“Of course not!” she replied, not meeting my eyes, “Do you?” she asked in a softer voice.

“Maybe,” I whispered so quietly I doubt she heard. I sighed to myself and just as I turned around – I saw a shadow sprinting towards us. The small moment between Phae and I was over. But then I got confused, it was only our alliance left, right? Someone had already turned. Suddenly, Fuse knocked me to the ground at full speed. She was attacking. Our alliance had broken. I shoved her off me and pulled out my sword.

Now the Games had begun.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 562 32
(Written in 2014) This is the 125th Hunger Games. In honour of the Fifth Quarter Quell, the amount of tributes representing each district will be ra...
189 15 9
Entries for That_Contest's Artist Game: Retribution. This particular book is for my second tribute, Meri Yanamari. I will also include some preludes...
22.3K 1.1K 93
The 125th annual Hunger Games has arrived. Of course, the Capitol demands a special games to take place, a Quarter Quell. This year, the fifth Quarte...
25.6K 257 14
A collection of my works for MGG characters I only expect to write a few stories each for. Ratings listed for each story.