Your Ghost

Autorstwa StarlightCevans

Evelyn is like most ladies you would have met: Kind, caring, ambitious and a go-getter. Evelyn loves animals... Więcej

Writer's note
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter: 4
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23:
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 31:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42:
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44:
Chapter 45:
Chapter 46:
Chapter 47:
Chapter 48:
Chapter 49:
Chapter 50:

Chapter 28:

1.1K 42 6
Autorstwa StarlightCevans

"You need to go shopping for a new dress, because none of these dresses will be approved by my mother."
I look at Ransom in bewilderment.

"You know what I mean." Ransom looks at the few dresses in front of him.

I stand back, placing my hands on my hips like a disappointed mother to her child. "These dresses are fine. Linda won't even notice me there anyway, so why should I bother dressing up?"

"But I will notice Evelyn. I will." Ransom continues to rummage through the dresses to see which one is better looking.

He quietly says "no" to each dress he looks at.

"Okay. Ransom...stop." I move his hand away and close the cupboard.

Why is he so worried about the clothes I wear to his mother's function?

She won't even notice!

But he will notice...

"Let's go to your house. Maybe you have better dresses there." Ransom says rather hastily.

"I don't have any dresses at my place."

"Not one?" Ransom quavers.

"No, and would you relax? Why are you so tensed up?" I furrow my brows.

Ransom looks down and squeezes his hands into fists. His whole body looks tense and stiff.

"I'm sure there's something I can find." I change the subject and open the cupboard, but Ransom slams the cupboard shut.

I narrow my eyes at him. "Fine. Then I guess I will go to my place to find an outfit, and while I'm there...maybe I should also take Sheila home too since I am leaving tomorrow."

The plan! Don't forget about the plan!

A plan I may or may not see through...judging by the way Ransom is acting lately is really making me think about seeing this plan through.

Ransom looks at me and instantly freezes. "Y-You...You are going home tomorrow?"

I nod. "That was the deal. I stay with you for the week and then I can go back home. The paint should be dry by now." I mean it's been a whole week!! Paint takes about a day or two to dry!

"S-So you're leaving?" Ransom's bottom lip quivers slightly.

"Ransom, I -" I look into Ransom's eyes and they seem...distant...almost like he isn't registering what is happening.

I move next to him and his eyes do not follow me. He stands like a statue with his hands fidgeting at his pants.

Hmm...I need to see if he will move.

"So I guess I should start packing now since I will be leaving here tomorrow." I grab my bag and I start to move to the bed.

Ransom doesn't move, but I notice his eyes follow me to the bed.

It worked!

I turn my back to Ransom and start to pack my bag - well I pretend to pack my bag because the clothes I pack in are not even mine.

"I was thinking maybe tomorrow afternoon you can take me ho-"

"NO!" Ransom screeches, making me jump in place.

"What the...Dammit Ransom!" I place my hand over my heart because I think my heart may have just jumped out my chest.

"You can't leave!" Ransom reaches for my bag and throws it across the room.

I gawk at the bag, but quickly compose myself. "It isn't like you will never see me again." I chuckle slightly.

"This isn't funny Evelyn!" Ransom's eyes are staring down at me - like he is looking into my soul. It's a little scary.

"Well it's the truth. I am leaving tomorrow." I point out.

Ransom exhales slowly. "No..."

"You seriously think I am going to listen to you?" I place my hands of my hips - again.

Ransom clenches his jaw. "You. Will. Stay. Here." he says through gritted teeth.

Great! I've awakened the possessive Ransom!

Or is this the Ransom that is insecure...?

"I am leaving, whether you -"

Just then, Ransom pushes me onto the bed and he climbs on top of me. He interlaces his fingers with mine and he pushes my arms above my head - blocking me from escaping. He leans down and brushes his lips on my neck.
"Please..." I hear urgency in his voice.

Okay what in the world is going on? First I see Ransom is acting nervous, then he gets angry, and now he is begging. Begging!

"What is wrong with you Ransom?" I ask, closing my eyes.

"Please stay. Don't leave." Ransom breathes onto my lips.

I squirm under him. "Ransom..."

"Don't go just yet. You have been so good to me..." I see Ransom's eyes look down at my body.

He's looking at my scars from his possessive love bites!

"So why should I stay if you are just going to hurt me again?" I question.

"But I won't." his voice is small.

I look at him and snort. "Come on Ransom!"

"I can at least try." Ransom retorts.

"So you will not try to hurt me now?" I say, twitching the corner of my lip.

"I won't hurt you." Ransom breathes.

I open my mouth to speak, but Ransom silences me with his lips.

I moan against his lips. He is being soft. So soft and gentle.

I want to throw my arms around him but he has my hands pinned to the bed.

"Should we intensify this?" Ransom smirks, kissing me slightly harder.

"Let my arms go." I demand.

Ransom breaks our kiss and he leans in by my ear. "Say you will stay longer."

I exhale. "Just let me go."

In all honesty, I want to stay longer. I really do. The problem is...will Ransom become possessive, or will he be the Ransom I once loved? I know that Ransom has been treating me well since he hurt me in that room. He has been taking care of me and hasn't really hurt me since...

I need to see my plan through! If my Ransom is still in there, then I need to see this plan through!

I cannot back out!

I know I can get my Ransom back again!

"Stop over thinking." Ransom plants small kisses on my neck breaking my thoughts.

I moan and I try to move my hands away from Ransom's, but he just pushes them down harder.

"I will let you go if you stay longer." I feel his tongue on my neck, and my whole body squirms under him.

"But why do you want me to stay?" I challenge, trying to distract myself from what he is doing to me.

"Is that really a question?" Ransom moves down to my collarbone and plants small kisses.

I moan. It feels so nice!

I open my eyes and look up...and smirk.

Maybe I should see if he will stick to this one promise...

"If I stay here longer...do you promise not to hurt me?"

"I won't." Ransom whispers right above my lips.

I cannot believe that.

I just...I just have a feeling he is not being truthful.

"You have to mean it Ransom." I exhale.

"I promise not to hurt you." he plants a kiss on my lips.

Why don't I believe him?

This is still Ransom. He won't just go cold turkey from his ways. His possessive ways.

I need to make a commitment to myself. Right now: I will stay with Ransom a little longer, provided Sheila stays as well, and if Ransom so much as hurts me again...I am out. Once and for all!

I need to stick to this commitment and not turn a blind eye if anything doesn't feel right, nor should I give Ransom anymore chances if he breaks my heart.

"Can you please stop over thinking this?" Ransom nips my ear and that makes my body jolt.

"Will you stay longer?" he presses.

I inhale and exhale slowly. "I will answer...if you let me go." I smile slightly, to see if Ransom will actually do as I say.

Ransom chuckles "Not going to happen."

Well that didn't work.

"Then I guess I will not answer your question." I stubbornly say with a smile on my face.

"Are you sure about that?" Ransom's lips are hovering over mine. He moves his head from side to side, but he does not cover his lips over mine.

I push up so my lips can meet with his, but he pulls his head further away so I cannot touch his lips.

I groan.

"Tell me you will stay longer." Ransom's voice is velvet soft.

I lift my head again for our lips to meet, but Ransom moves away again.

"Ransom!" I whine.

Ransom clenches his jaw.

"Tell me you will - "

"Kiss me!" I demand.

"Only if you tell me that you are staying." Ransom presses his body on mine...and I feel him down there.

I shut my eyes and groan.

Why is he torturing me?

"Stop it!" I squirm underneath him.

"Frustrating isn't it?" Ransom arches a brow.

I take a few breathes before finally speaking.

"Yes." I say breathlessly.

After a few heartbeats, Ransom slowly lets go of my arms and his lips claim mine.

I wrap my arms around him, and his hands find their way to the hem of my t-shirt.

***

"Ransom! You made it!" Linda embraces her son and attempts to kiss him on the cheek.

I say 'attempt' because Ransom pulls away from Linda immediately when she tries to kiss him.

"Son." Richard nods to Ransom.

"Father." Ransom says with mock gravity as he places his arm around me.

"Evelyn." Richard waves at me, and I smile.

"You are the first one here, but no matter, you can always help set up inside." Linda smiles at her son, completely ignoring me.

Am I a ghost to her?

"Mom, aren't you forgetting to greet someone?" Ransom nudges me forward.

"I greeted you son."

Ransom clenches his jaw. "Evelyn is right in front of you. Greet her dammit!"

"Wait! I forget about the sauce for the meat! I need to remind - "

"Linda, just greet Evelyn for goodness sake!" Richard says irritably.

Linda looks at me with her condescending eyes.

"Hello Evelyn."

"Hi." I say quickly.

"I see your cheek isn't as red as before."

I purse my lips.

"I'm sure my rings would have left a scar."

My eyes expand and all I see is red.

"You bit- "

"We will be outside." Ransom pulls me away from Linda and Richard.

Good! She would have had a red cheek!

Ransom walks us to the backyard.

Once outside, I pull away from Ransom and I stomp until I reach a fence on the opposite side of the house.

I hate that woman! I hate her! I hate her! She is such a damn bitch! Why does she have to be so rude??

And to believe Ransom is not as rude as his mother.

"Evelyn..." Ransom's hand is on my back.

I shake his hand off. "She's rude Ransom!"

"She is."

"So why are we even here?" I ask, but then I remember. "You need to meet with your friend."

"Yes I do."

"Then why did we arrive here earlier?" I ask.

Ransom shrugs. "Usually this place is pack - No! NO! Stop!" Just then, Ransom is ambushed by two dogs.

One of the dogs looks at me and runs to me, wagging his tail.

"Would you mind getting rid of these two?" Ransom asks me, using his hands to fend himself.

"No." I say, sounding amused at the sight of Ransom trying to fend off two dogs.

"Evelyn!" Ransom fumes.

"Fine!" I laugh.

I call the other dog to me and they both jump around, excited to see me.

Ransom quickly runs into the house.

I spot a fenced area and I lead the dogs to it.

Once I've closed the fence's gate, I walk back to the house.

"Are they gone?" Ransom asks, his voice shaking.

"No. They are waiting to pounce at you by the door." I titter.

Ransom looks at both sides of the door slowly, and I cannot contain my amusement. This is too funny!

Ransom looks behind me and he looks utterly irritated at me.

"Do you really think I'd let those dogs bite you?" My laughter fades.

Ransom walks outside and looks straight at the dogs. "Not so tough now are you?" Ransom provokes the two dogs.

Both dogs start barking, which makes Ransom jump behind me.

I smile. This is so funny!

"Maybe they don't like you because you provoke them like that." I suggest.

"Well whatever..." Ransom turns his back to the dogs.

"Are you alright?" Ransom pulls me into his embrace.

I lean my chin on his chest and I look straight into his beautiful...beautiful blue eyes.

"You are so beautiful." Ransom smiles at me.

I scoff and then pull out of his embrace.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Ransom pulls me back and cups my face so that I am looking at him again.

He leans down to cover my lips with his. He is soft in his touch.

He tries to open my mouth, but I refuse, and he doesn't force my mouth open again.

What? Why is he is being soft?

My Ransom has to be here!!!!!

Ransom pulls me in so our bodies are touching, and he intensifies the kiss a little, but it is not sore.

"Ransom, there you are! I want to as - oh!"

Ransom breaks our kiss and curses under his breath. He looks up and I turn around, but I know who is interrupting the moment.

Linda!!

"What!" Ransom's voice is ice.

I don't blame him for being cold to his mother.

"I wanted to ask you something..." Linda sizes me up as she speaks slowly to Ransom.

"What mother?" Ransom asks condescendingly, places his arm over my shoulder.

Linda looks back to Ransom. "I need you to get a...a...a bowl! Yes a bowl, from the top of the cupboard in the kitchen. Can you be a dear and grab it for me?"

Ransom tightens his grip on me and I know he wants to tell his mother to leave - although he'd use bad words.

Ransom looks at me and kisses me hard on my lips before stepping away from me.

"You could have asked dad." he mutters as he walks inside...leaving Linda and I alone...

I look around awkwardly and open my mouth to speak to Linda, but I refrain from saying anything to her.

"Why are my dogs locked away?" Linda's eyes look beyond where I am standing.

I turn around and I hear the two dogs whining, jumping at the gate.

"Well Ransom walked outside and -"

Linda bashes past me and marches to her dogs.

Wow! I really am like a ghost to her.

Screw this!

I start to walk inside, but one of the dogs block my way.

Fluffy.

I kneel down and pet him. He tries to lick my face but I turn my face away.

"Get your filthy hands off my dog!" I hear Linda shout.

She recognizes my existence!

I could either talk to her - which will probably end in a screaming match - or I could give her a taste of her own medicine...?

I choose the latter.

I walk back inside, ignoring Linda's condescending voice.

I walk inside to where the entertainment area is in the house. I look around at all the snacks that are going to be served: caviar, shrimp cocktails, shrimp kabobs, tiny steak pieces wrapped in vegetables, mini burgers, mini cream puffs, mini peach cobbler and cupcakes.

The food looks mouth-watering.

I snatch a cream puff and head on upstairs before Linda walks back inside - to probably set her dogs on me.

I go inside the one room I know all too well and I lock the door.

I press my forehead against the door and hope that Linda does not try to look for me.

"Is my mom that bad?"

I yelp and turn around, placing my hand over my heart.

"Dammit Ransom! Don't do that!" I gasp.

Ransom smirks.

"What are you doing here anyway? I thought your mom needed help?" I lean against the door.

"Well first off, this is my bedroom. Second, my father told me my mother just made up an excuse to get me away from you."

She'll forever be a bitch!

There's no use in trying to be friends with Linda...

I bow my head. "She's treating me like a damn ghost." I mumble.

"Did she talk to you when I left you two alone?" Ransom asks, concerned.

"She bashed past me to get to her dogs and then she screamed at me, but I don't know what she said because I walked away."

"At least she noticed you were there."

"That's not the point. She has not said any nice words to me." I sniff.

I cannot be crying! Especially over Linda's judgement over me.

"Come here." Ransom whispers.

I look up and Ransom opens his arms.

I automatically walk to Ransom and I bury my face on his neck.

"I know my mother is not the nicest person around, but she could have at least acknowledged you are here." Ransom kisses my hair.

"I told you she doesn't like me. She doesn't believe I am good enough for you." I muffle the words in Ransom's sweater.

Ransom tightens his arms around me. "Well...you are too good for me."

"I -"

"Sshh..." Ransom coos. "You really don't deserve this disgusting treatment my mother is giving to you my Sweet Star."

Sweet Star?
My Ransom! My sweet Ransom is here!

Oh!

I push away, but only enough for me to look at Ransom's face. His beautiful face.

My hand caresses his smooth cheekbones. My finger trails to his bottom lip. There's one thing I have noticed back when I first kissed Ransom. His lips are so soft, like, words cannot describe how soft his lips are. It's like he keeps his lips moisturized all the time. His lips barely crack.

"I think you are so beautiful." I smile.

"Well you are too, and don't say you are not." Ransom raises his finger.

I close my eyes and lean in, so my lips are on his.

I lean in a little harder. I want Ransom to know that I want him. I need him. Now!

Ransom turns me around and lays me down on the bed.

My hands find their way under Ransom's sweater so that my hands are on his bare chest.

Ransom's hands crawl under my dress and he unhooks my bra.

Our kiss intensifies and Ransom sits up to remove his sweater. He wastes no time in removing my dress. Ransom inhales sharply and his fingers brush on my bare skin, making me inhale sharply.

"I don't know why you don't see your beauty." he says, licking his lips as his finger trail to my stomach.

He then leans in to kiss me...so softly.

His fingers slowly move from my stomach to my thighs.

Oh!

I close my eyes and brace myself for what is about to happen.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Ransom! Are you in there?"

Ransom and I both jolt and curse at the same time.

"Open up!"

It's Richard.

"What is it dad?" Ransom shouts, sounding utterly frustrated.

"Your friend is here, and hey, why is this door locked?" Richard toggles the door handle.

"Maybe because I don't want you or mom in here."

"Well come downstairs." Richard barks.

Ransom looks at me and kisses me.

"NOW!" Richard demands.

"I AM COMING NOW! GIVE ME A FUCKING MINUTE!" Ransom roars.

Ransom leans down to my ear. "We will continue this later because..." Ransom's finger is right down there..."I want to bury myself in you." he whispers, nipping my ear, making my whole body react to his touch.

Ransom puts his sweater back on and closes the door behind him, leaving me alone in his bedroom.

I look around and I recognize a few items that are still here. I'd think Ransom would have gotten rid of most of his items.

I do spot one certain item that I cannot believe still exists.

After all these years...

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

131K 2.3K 42
In which a Costume Designer falls for the one who she dressed Follow London Born former model and fashion school graduate Ciara Taylor's Story via So...
1.3M 103K 41
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
1.2M 63K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
99.5K 3.5K 29
1970s Race Car Driver!Bucky AU: James Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes is an up and coming NASCAR driver who has just secured his place on the Stark & Gold r...