Chapter 12:

Two weeks.

It has been two weeks since I have seen Ransom. He has not once tried to phone or text me, yet he claimed that he wanted me to move back in with him. Asshole!

He is probably with Callie. Using her no doubt. I picture her in my mind: Her slim legs and flat stomach, which I can see even when she is wearing her uniform.

I on the other hand...don't have the flattest stomach around, and my thighs touch, but yet I exercise regularly and try to eat healthy foods. I remember Linda always criticized the foods I ate. Always telling me that I won't ever have a slim body if I keep eating cake or having a donut. Sure, if you consider occasionally having something sweet...I shake those memories out my mind.

My mind goes back to Callie, and I remember how she used to look at me from head to toe after I went for a swim at the holiday place Harlan owns. Harlan asked for 3 staff members to accompany us, and I can remember Callie was looking at me – as if to think what does Ransom see in me. Come to think of it...Ransom did look at Callie when he thought I wasn't looking his way. Once...when I was speaking to me mother. He was checking Callie out...Argh! Just thinking about those two together makes me cringe, because I know he is just using her!

If I ever see Ransom again...I honestly don't know what I would do.

During these two weeks I have gone to visit Harlan, twice already, but I only visited him when no other family members were around. I told Harlan that I cannot visit him if his family was there too. He understood why and made sure that no other family member was around – unless Meg decided to visit, but she never did.

The second time I visited Harlan, Marta was there. I didn't mind Marta because she is not two-faced like certain family members. Lydia also joined the second visit I had with Harlan. We brought Sheila and Simba with us because Linda's dogs were not around – and let's just say the dogs are not the best of friends. Lydia would take Sheila and Simba out on the field while Harlan and I were busy.

After Harlan and I were done discussing my book, Marta and I played a game called "Go!".

Fran seemed to be nicer toward me on my second visit to Harlan – if you consider a neutral voice and what almost looked like a smile spreading on her face nicer.

All in all, these two weeks have been good. No Ransom around to cause havoc in my life – except my dreams!

Right now, I am sitting in my lounge, with Toulouse the kitten Lydia and I decided to name. The TV is on, but it is more for background noise than anything else. I look to see that some show about a detective is on, but I am not concentrating on the show. I look back at Toulouse. I have him wrapped in a blanket in my arms, and he is drinking the milk formula I had to purchase. This little rascal was covered in flees after the vet examined him. I remember back to Lydia and I, when we sat over the basin, trying to take all the flees off him. Lydia and I also discussed that we would take turns in taking care of Toulouse. One week I would take care of him, and the next week Lydia would take care of him. Sheila and Simba did not seem to mind Toulouse around them. Sheila did seem to want to play with Toulouse when she sees him walking around the house. Sheila would bow down and stick her tail in the air, like she was ready to bounce and play. It was quite funny to watch.

As for during the night, Toulouse sleeps right through. He only wakes up when the sun rises, and I did not mind.

Toulouse sneezes once he is done drinking his milk formula. "Now your tummy is full and you are nice and warm." I kiss the kitten on his head.

Once I check to see if he needs to "use the potty", he curls up in the blanket and sleeps. I place the blanket next to me on the couch. I hear a my front door open. It's Lydia. "How is he doing?" she asks as she crouches down to see Toulouse.